How does Murrika get so little HP out of such a big engine?

How does Murrika get so little HP out of such a big engine?

Chebby Corvette 6.2L V8 = 455HP
BMW M3 3.0L l6 = 425HP

I mean, that's almost half the HP per L that BMW makes.

Other urls found in this thread:

chevyusa.com/new/Chevrolet/2016-Chevrolet-Corvette-kansas-city-9c238ab10a0e0ae804cd52cb3b259bbb.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=_P1jjN7JRY8
youtube.com/watch?v=DRO8kjCpuOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OHV vs DOHC with forced induction

Not to mention understressed motors.

NO DISPLACEMENT FUR REPLACEMENT

>Not to mention understressed motors
yeah, chebby v8s are so under stressed! stop this meme

High-displacement V8s are low-revving by design and (usually) NA, which equals less explosions per second and less powerful explosions. A high-revving turbocharged engine can put out more power at a smaller displacement, but that doesn't make it inherently better or worse it just says you're going for a different goal.

z06 doesn't have sufficient cooling autismo. Has nothing to do with being overstressed. It dissipates too much heat and doesnt have enough cooling

It is still an understressed motor

>It is still an understressed motor
thrn why is the ecu programmed to severely limit power during performance driving to ensure the glass cannon engine makes it through the warranty period? gm themselves have even said this about the lt4

lt1 is no better either desu

Maybe it would be more thermally efficient if it was smaller

ECU limits the motor once it gets hot so it doesn't grenade itself from shitty cooling.
First couple of z06 grenaded themselves because metal was piling up in the oilpan according to Tadge J.

GM said they are fixing the problems of the overheating shit by redesigning the hood and front bumper.

It would be thermally efficient if the highups of GM didn't rush the fucking car out the door to make max profit. Its literally a cooling issue

Count that in HP per $ you son of a bitch. Both cars with prices for their domestic markets.

ACKSHUALLY the supercharger is undersized and acts as a heat pump
not to mention shitty chinese materials used in the engine(pic related) and stupid torque tube design that destorys thrust bearings

Classic GM reliability

That is what I said about the generation of heat and no cooling, and metal in the oil pan.

Never heard about the torque tube issue tho

>metal in the oil pan
>coming from a suicidal LT1

Early teething issues. Almost all have been fixed.
Two reasons.
>Block wasn't properly cleaned
Dont know how you can fuck that up
>Engine basically killed itself

>responding to a blatant troll thread

Come on, dumbasses.

>catastrophic failures in production vehicles
>early teething problems

>the only difference is the engine and nothing else so we can compare prices
kek

HOW DO I OVERLOAD THE ECU?

Some people are stupid. Actually most people are stupid.
Never underestimate human stupidity

>Look at all these idiots replying to this OBVIOUS bait lol dummies
>I'm so smart
>Let me reply to show how NOT BAITED I am

Fucking retard.

>HP per L

Way to prove to everybody that you are stupid, OP.

Emissions.

Now you're comparing a 650hp car to a 425hp car?

I think our actual approach should be to coax them into going on to reveal they believe that displacement equates to weight or even overall dimensions of an engine.

Are you forgetting that the BMW has two fucking turbos, you mong
Fucking ricers

>implying GM couldn´t use turbos

BMW has to follow emission regulations as well.

Do you realize how much more cheap reliable hp you can get out of those?

How does Germany get so little MPG out of such a small engine?

Chevy Corvette 6.2L V8 = 17/29
BMW M4 3.0L I6 = 17/26

I mean, that's less than half the displacement adn STILL makes less power.

>566€ taxes per year
>cheap

gm btfo

>Liverpool
>Europe
I don't fucking think so mate.

Lel

in what universe is a stingray $50 K

those push past 70 easy

A Corvette Coupe weighs 3298lbs.

How much seats in the burger-shitter?

Base price for a Corvette is 55k.

negative.
A grand sport is only $66k.

>he thinks he will drive it off the lot for any less than $70 K

>the same can be said for the m3

Please just stfu.

chevyusa.com/new/Chevrolet/2016-Chevrolet-Corvette-kansas-city-9c238ab10a0e0ae804cd52cb3b259bbb.htm

Pic related is how I feel every time eurocucks talk about displacement tax.

Woaahh
A buddy of mine works at that exact dealership

>please believe our ad

Nice bait mate

look up any dealer dumb-shit

How does Germanika end up getting so little displacement and power out of heavy as fuck engines?

Displacement is a meaningless measurement.
Weight, dimensions, powerband/gearing, reliability, efficiency, and emissions are the only things that matter.

Taxing higher displacement more is especially stupid, especially since smaller displacement engines have to wind too high to make power in traffic which greatly increases emissions over running a higher displacement engine at lower rpm.

35k more

*ripoff*

>false advertising is legal
>fords lawyers simply forgot to send the cease and desist to stop GMs defamatory marketing campaign

ok
or they can't because it's true

>China

-Donald J Trump

Seems like China is the scapegoat for American stupidity nowadays.

>Muh cheap, short-lived, poor-ass, low-quality American Muscle machine.
Enjoy your Camaro in the waiting area at your dealership while it gets fixed. Again and again.

Implying BMW is reliable?

Let alone 35k more reliable. Wow, very funny.

Are you dumb? Chinese products are notoriously garbage.

its called not making your engines super high strung so they constantly break because they are constantly under high stress when driving.

Here's a classic.

Now dance

>please believe our ad
Rotflmao, gm fangirls so desperate

Just the figure 8?

By that logic, the Z06 and Viper should win, since they hold the top Figure 8 times.

>damage control
Stay btfo

The Corvette engine will last longer.

American """engineering""" is years behind european.

Their biggest achievement is lotus with bodykit which couldnt even make 2 top speed pulls while at the same time you have euro godmachines like pic related who cand do top speed all tank long....

>16 cylinders and 4 turbos and it can't even make 1000whp

wew

Meanwhile people are driving around their 3000hp drag cars they built in their garage.

1200 hp all day long, no matter the temperature or humidity. Only limiting factors are tires and tank capacity.

Sure there are people with 2000 hp gtrs and what not, but those cars are made for 5 pulls on drag strip before they need new everything. Bugatti will live longer than top gear tested hilux, mainly because of supreme german engineering combined with owners who will not ask the price when it comes to maintaining it. Like average burger does.

I honestly feel sory for you because i know youll never expirience 150-350 pull on public road.

>UNDERSTRESSED ENGINESSSS!!!

*Actual understressed engine shows up*

>DOESN'T EVEN MAKE 1000WHP XDDD

Does it feel good when I tell you that you won't make enough money in your lifetime to afford its interior?

Feels bad man. At least I get to drive it sometimes, even if it just to park it 50 meters further in garage...

>atleast you admit you're selling your time to the employer for old rubber bands and pocket lint.

My mistake. thought you replied to me

yo but my post () fucking rekt you tho, gimme creds.

Cant confirme since im not native speaker. What is pocket lint?

to ask this question properly would require you to understand what horse power is

>1200 hp all day long, no matter the temperature or humidity

clap clap any performance V8 crate engine will do that for 1/10 the price. VW cant even get a low output 4banger to last, good luck keeping that nightmare running, hence the 5 figure service bills. Most Veyrons drive on and off a trailer and still need $100k a year in maintenance.

>paying 2 mill to be an advertisement for VW
>being a cuck

pick two.

>hence the 5 figure service bills
yeah tires are expensive. you going to use $100 yonkachinkshit tires on a car that goes 400kph? idiot

this
a 650hp corvette is a glass cannon and gm programemd the ecu to severly cut power so it doesnt go kaboom. it literally cannot do more than one lap of a 3 mile track without losing power and overheating and needing to do cool down laps! ROFLMAO!

>cuck
that can be used for anything

You pay electricity
>cuck
You buy food?
>cuck

drag race engines barely last the entire event. you act as if they are actually driven on a regular basis... they arent. last time i checked a veyron didnt need a fleet of mechanics and spare parts following them around!

What does it matter if you get better fuel efficiency as well as performance?

>drag race engines barely last the entire event. you act as if they are actually driven on a regular basis...

You can easily and reliably daily a 2500hp TT V8. See: NRE, Steve Morris, etc.

>last time i checked a veyron didn't need a fleet of mechanics and spare parts following them around!

kek every VW needs that to run reliably.

youtube.com/watch?v=_P1jjN7JRY8

2mill and you still need to pay poointheloo's to push you around.

>You can easily and reliably daily a 2500hp TT V8
no you cant

>shitty murrkan cars need to carry a trailer around full of spare parts and tools
literally cannot make this shit up roflmao!

>Tfw America made the first production V16 car
>Tfw America had a 1000 horsepower v16 in 2003
>Tfw America has a 5000 horsepower V16 now

its a shame the Cadillac 16 was never greenlit, and its a shame the Moris V16 is being squandered on some tacky saudi car

My brother has a 335i from like '09 that has already had to have both turbos replaced. Good thing it happened literally a month before the warranty period ran out.
Not to mention it burns tons of oil and has suspension problems

Let me guess... you live in some cuckhole where drag slicks and chutes are illegal?

2500 might be pushing it but you can easily pull off 2k hp with a big block and a couple turbo's.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRO8kjCpuOM

>Replying in bait thread
Fucking retard

Probably because the BMW doesn't lock you out of gears to make sure it meets the EPA fuel milage target.

Pushrods also help, I'll give them that. I have a weird fetish for SOHC inline sizes too.

>my brother has an almost ten year old performance car that needed servicing

Wew lad

Culture of shit engineers and bigger is better

Now there's nothing wrong with a 3 to 3.5L straight six, but 5 and up is plain stupid. So are V8s.

Why is displacement offensive? You cannot see it.

it never does that unless you drive like a total grandma

Dumb question, but how do small four cylinder engines such as the one in WRX's and many JDM cars achieve such ridiculous HP with a turbocharger?

>"""""OVERSTRESSED MOTORS"""""

How does Europe get so little HP out of such a big engine?

BMW M3 3.0L l6 = 425HP
Kawasaki Ninja H2R 1.0L i4 = 325HP

I mean, that's less than half the HP per L that Kawasaki makes.

nigga it has TWO turbos, you cant compare n/a with f/i.

and the n/a engine has a better power band, instant response, better sound

Shut the fuck up, Chinese manufacturing is renowned world for poor quality and cutting corners because that is what they do, produce shit.

Worldwide*