/nosg/ - Nostalrius General - Alliance Edition

Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie. We're currently waiting on server release.
>When is the release?
Beginning of December for Old PvP, end of December for Fresh PvP.

An announcement has been made on the valkyrie forums.
>OLD NOST PVP (Name: Nostalrius PVP)
will be released in a month. This has all your old level 60 chars for nostalgias sake.
>NEW NOST PVP (Name: Elysium PVP)
Brand new server, will be released 3 weeks after old nost.WE WILL BE ROLLING ON THIS SERVER !!!
>what faction are we rolling?

Horde in
Alliance in a guild but with a different name (ignore the guild made by merove)

----------------------------------------

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: nosg krog wpsg elyg vag world of warcraft

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bJhgdydD
youtube.com/watch?v=Snu35AM5hJA&t=2s
github.com/Schaka/EnemyBuffTimersVanilla
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for cuckign

So whats this about dying in azshara as level 1, then spirit rezzing there to get fat chest loot? Thats a hell of a way to get /aheadofthecurve/.

what

can I get an invite to the hellfire guild?

delete this

Warlock vs. Mage? Mage is obviously easier, but is Warlock actually fun in vanilla? Or is it just "apply dots, spam shadow bolt, fear" in PvP?

I also imagine Warlock is far, far more in demand, but I don't know if that's enough to make me pick it.

Warlock > mage

THANK YOU POTTU FOR CREATING THIS MULTICULTURAL MULTIETHNIC VIRTUAL UTOPIA

lock
always lock

Racist Trump supporters BTFO. Get ready to be culturally enriched you bigoted freaks.

UTF was a mistake.

Reminder that the fresh server will be dead, so why roll on it?

Why roll on it when you have a 60 already?

Hey Gucci

www.strawpoll.me/11589399/r

Might play Holy Priest on Alliance

>I leave for just a few days and some faggot turned it into /nosg/

Yeah okay

Here's all the sourced, directly quoted information you need about Crestfall!

pastebin.com/bJhgdydD

thanks obama

>on alliance
LOL

always for what? mage absolutely ruins warlock in pvp

warlock is only more in demand on alliance

mage is popular because he is op in pvp but needs skill to win against everyone

even spriest is > warlock

The only Horde race I'll ever play Priest on is undead

the proper warlock pvp spec would love to have a word with you

here is your (you) since no one gives a fuck.

>the proper warlock pvp spec would love to have a word with you
Which one would that be?

And you dont? GET THE FUCK OF THIS BOARD!
Im not click on your fucking screamer and that one is fake! Deal with it, you will be running around on a dead meme server have fun

>Alliance cucks are mentally ill enough to believe this
lol

the one where your felhunter can literally solo any mage while youre afk because a mage cant do any damage to you

Actual thread here, let this one die. It came after mine.

>ITS GONE

>/wpsg/
kys

SL?

"We aren't even live yet and have already gotten C&D orders, so they go into the wastebasket with the rest of the trash." -- Darkrasp [6]"We aren't even live yet and have already gotten C&D orders, so they go into the wastebasket with the rest of the trash." -- Darkrasp [6]"We aren't even live yet and have already gotten C&D orders, so they go into the wastebasket with the rest of the trash." -- Darkrasp [6] BASEDBASEDBASED

>prefer alliance cities/zones
>want to play a druid
>night elves are gay
>taurens are k
Help

New Daddy

youtube.com/watch?v=Snu35AM5hJA&t=2s

of course
the only reason to be the other two specs is fun

but in vanilla, it was a pain, because sl was useless for raids, and respeccing costed a lot of money

>after mine
wpsg is different than nosg you fucking moron
your general is dogshit, so dogshit it dies over and over again
stop crying and let it go

>g-guys please post in m-my dead thread
/wpsg/ btfo

This guy responded to me on Youtube. He's a faggot.

we are talking about mage vs warlock here, you realize that? literally warlock is gone in 4 seconds

>We aren't even live yet and have already gotten C&D orders, so they go into the wastebasket with the rest of the trash
WHAT A FUCKING LIAR
holy shit
this guy is on a HUGE suicide watch, jesus christ

SL is fucking garbage outside of meme duel scenarios where it's handicapped in your favor. You'd get destroyed in any other pvp scenario.

why would anyone post in /wpsg/ ?

who /relaxing at the pool while waiting for Nost/ here?

the best most classes can do against an sl lock is run away

which, locks cant chase very well, so obviously i have to concede that, lol

but killing an sl lock is not an easy task

If only we could have sl sl

fem/male dwarf or fem ud priest and why?

Is there a 1.12 addon that makes DoTs look like they do in TBC with the number countdown on top of the DoT, or am I stuck with these ugly lists like DoTimer?

user

Wow that's a really cute boy!

Fem ud priest because they're cuter and have better animations

was the K1 7x attempt. 2016-2016

What is the comfiest to level up? alliance or horde side?

Alliance by far.
Horde is just deserts and shitholes.

Horde imo. The undead starting zone is really nice with cool lore.

Alliance because loch modan/westfall/elwynn/duskwood/teldrasil

barrens is the most original warcraft region
its like i am in wc3 again

i think the comfiest starting zone to level up is by far Taurens, but alliance is more comfy through 1-30

I don't know what you mean by "comfy" but I found the Alliance zones really boring.

Can't wait for this server

Crestfall is already looking more promising than Corecraft!

All of those besides Duskwood are dull as shit

Is leveling a Shaman as terrible as I remember it? Auto-attacking until you get storm-strike, with ele just being even slower?

Also, did nost have the Vanilla debuff limit? SM/DS warlock was not fun.

8 Slot debuff limit until ZG where it becomes 16. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Horde by far. Cooler zones and more interesting quests. Don't listen to Alliancefags, the only remotely interesting zone they have is Duskwood and it's pretty much off-brand Silverpine.

>leveling

Literally who cares, leveling is so fast in Vanilla it doesn't even take a month of absent mindedly fucking about to get 60 with full preraid ready. Then you're stuck with a SHIT class you picked based on "uh hunters are easy to level so let's go with that haha!"

Fucking Shitters.

Bonus points for if you start leveling an alt as soon as you hit 60 because you already hate your class.

B-b-but leveling is the best part! #freshserver

github.com/Schaka/EnemyBuffTimersVanilla
Don't post your 3D pigs ever again as thanks.

Allow me to express a theory of mine. It is a direct parallel to the ideas of nature vs nurture, and how childhood experiences affect the development and ultimate mental and personal state of an adult.

I think Dwarves are better players, as people, in general because their beginning zones are so lovely. Interesting and reasonable quests, snowscapes full of adventure, and the hale homes of brotherly friends.

Gnomes aren't dwarves so it's not quite the same when all their gnome kin are crazy little faggots. They have to look UP to dwarves. Ironic, right? I think this bears heavily on their subconscious. Volatile superiority complexes fostered from being tiny is not an uncommon phenomena over any person or creature on earth.

Humans... Get a forest full of humans. With boring chores as half the quests. Then they get a gigantic field full of even more annoying quests on farms with obscure drop rates and huge travel times. It's what they make of it.

Night elves are full of that faggot shit. While it is objectively mystical and reverent, all the quests really do is train the player to be a faggot. And then Darkshore gives them this smouldering flame of vengeance in their soul that you never quite quench, so they always gotta lash out over petty stuff. AT LEAST Teldrassil is pretty, and sometimes Darkshore.

So why are the Horde niggers?
They can't control themselves.
It's not their fault.

Yes, I said it.

Horde zones

Horde zones nurture Horde players through monochromatic, uncomfy hostile zones, generic quests with awful efficiency, ridiculous travel times, and extremely cantankerous NPCs to deal with.

Horde are a product of their environment.

At least Tauren are usually a little more chill - and you can see why! They're huge, and Mulgore is an honest, RELATIVELY lush place.

so should i be using the elysium forums or nost forums for information about the upcoming servers?

:thinking:

>hes still posting in the dead thread

This thread was first lads:

Veeky Forums

I've done some google searches, but could not find anything on this topic. I've heard conflicting statements and opinions about this, and would like some clearer answers.
First things first: is Feral DPS viable in Vanilla? I've heard some people say they are are a little worse than Rogues, but not bad; I've heard people say that they're viable, but not optimal, and I've heard people say they have no place in raids under any circumstances. What is the absolute truth on this?
Secondly, what is their rotation? All I know about is shifting in and out of cat form for energy, but I've also heard it's a lot more involved than any other other DPS rotation. This is great for me, as I love playing a class with more than one or two buttons.
Are they brought to raids for utility? I imagine that even if their DPS isn't the best, the occasional innervate and off-tanking potential makes them acceptable. Any help and answers are appreciated.

>This is what the average Alliance fag believes
Thanks for reminding why I picked Horde.

im gay

At this point it has to be bait.
No, feral DPS is not viable

Is Holy Shield bad?

The reason you don't see any paladin tanks in a lot of high level content is their lack of a block ability. But there's a block ability right there!

This question has been answer twice already. No feral DPS is not viable unless you are in the clique with the raid leader.

>wpsg

It's just a meme, paladins are actually much better tanks than warriors but warriorcucks don't want to give their gear to paladins.

I want it now senpai.

Isn't the lack of a taunt the reason?

no, the reason is that you have no taunt and that you need to be crit by mobs to take less damage

But it is viable, it's just not optimal. And since nost is full of tryhards who want to speedrun every raid, that's why feral is ignored.

>Taunt
This is why vanilla paladin tanks are shit, they don't have one.

Righteous fury + consecrate allows you to easily maintain threat in 5 mans

>The reason you don't see any paladin tanks

Paladin tanks are fine, the reason you don't see them is the same reason you don't see many Warrior tanks. If Warriors could choose to heal over tanking they would.

Is there a list of wands for priests which you can consistently get for leveling?

They have a lot more downsides than that, including the gear problem, something warriors dont have since their sets are tank statted.

On nost as a holy pally I easily tanked 5mans in ret gear with some spell dmg, but for a raid environment they are sub par

do you think the gobelins will steal pants again

what the FUCK are you even saying?

So are most people really going horde or is it just the salty dog wpsg idiots shitposting and samefagging like they do every time a new server comes up? I've learned to basically do the opposite of whatever they do if I want to get into the successful relatively Veeky Forums guild.

>their sets are tank statted

What are you talking about lol? Are you implying Warriors use the Valor set for tanking??

Its true though, you don't see many warrior tanks. They're all dps.

the successful guild will be on Ally since that's where Nihilum is rerolling

most of these /wpsg/ and SD "greats" didn't even make it to 60 on Nost

Dubs names my Nost 2.0 toon

idk what happened but i think I got banned for mentioning nost on k2

I was headed towards tirisfal on a lowbie mage to fuck around with the horde because why not, no sense in actually leveling there, and I passed a guy my level. I whispered him, asked him to join me, he declined, I egged him on saying why not, nost 2 will kill this server anyway

45 seconds later I get banned.

???