Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LQYvFM8OhM
superstreetonline.com/features/0704-turp-nissan-skyline-gtr-ztune/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C5 Z06 all day.

Not the first time or the last Chevy has dominated Nissan

>inb4 le lap timezz brooo!!!! xDDDDD maymay

jdm 4 lyfe bruh

Just wait for all kinds of lap times shitposting focusing on race gas fueled R34s that were derestricted by the factory racing team or tuned by a 3rd party in comparison to stock tests of the Corvette.

If you want the most bang for buck c5, if you want an investement r34.

r33 laps nurburgring in same time as the c5z
r34 is faster than r33
figure it out

>stanced GT-R
halal

Depends on the place and conditions.

Bathurst on a 40 degree summer day? Yeah the vette will stomp the GTR into the ground.
Twisties in the wet? GTR

Also
>276hp
Kek, no. More like 320hp for the base R34 GTR all the way up to 340hpish for the Nur

A non stanced GT-R because I don't live on a drag strip.

Wasn't the Skyline rated at 320PS or something like that?

What does Corvette have that complies with group A rules?

Pretty sure skyline was only officially rated at 280PS because of a self-imposed soft cap on horsepower the japanese manufacturers had in place.

I don't know about that. Every reliable source I can find rates the Skyline at 320PS.

Nissan claimed it was 280. In reality it was 320.

>40 degree summer day

What did he mean by this?

One was banned in a country so it wouldn't destroy domestic cars, the other is a piece of plastic that is scared of corners.
You tell me who won.

Celsius maybe?

The c5 is better than the R34 in literally every way
You're either 14 or this is some low quality b8

what kind of shit marketing is that ?

in reality its still less than a Z06

in reality its actually less than a factory stock 2002 LS1 fbody

rumors are that earlier LS engines were vastly underrated also. '98-99 non-ram air fbody claimed a 305 hp /345 ft-lb but they're known to put that down to the wheels. WS6 fbodies are 320hp and thats not a rumor

C5 LS1 corvettes are fucking 350 hp

in reality we have corners

>283 lb-ft at 4400 rpm

absolutely pathetic. a modern (efficient) turbo would change this dramatically

>2001 camaro SS completely stock

puts down 305 WHP to the tires. thats 358~hp bhp

>R34 GTR
>even comparing to a Z06 in the corners

KEK

where's that image of the Cobalt SS/TC being faster than an R34 GTR on a track when you need it

>R34 is 3,386.3 lb
>front heavy; cast iron-block inline 6 mounted way over the shock towers
>needlessly complicated ATESSA AWD
>The drive for the front wheels comes from a transfer case bolted on the end of an almost traditional Nissan RWD transmission. A short driveshaft for the front wheels exits the transfer case on the right side. Inside the transfer case a multi-row chain drives a multi-plate wet clutch pack. Drive from the chain is apportioned using this clutch pack in the transfer case "differential"

yeah that sounds way better than the driver-focused; lower, wider, lighter, mid-rear engined corvette Z06. superior weight distribution, a lighter and stiffer chassis and MORE HP/TORQUE. how can chevy even compete?
>nissanfanboisbtfo

>gentlemen agreement

also the HP war is a rather newer marketing strategy. cars used to be measured in how they actually drove and performed, not by what they looked like a brochure

>Stock R34
>Thinking they're 276 out of the box
Native Jap sports cars like that, the RX7, GTO(3000VR4), Supra, ect., we're "limited" by law to 276 hp, but none of the mfg's respected that, they just nodded and winked and everyone went on with their days.
youtube.com/watch?v=-LQYvFM8OhM

V-specs made more, 350+ , since you wanna go with Z06 power.
Z-tunes make even more still, 500-600.
superstreetonline.com/features/0704-turp-nissan-skyline-gtr-ztune/

One is a GT 4 seater based on a compact executive car while the other is a sports car.
Of course the Z06 will be faster.

>180 kp/h limiter

My 4 banger shitbox is technically faster. Complete garbage.

R34 looks way better and is AWD, id rather have it than any Corvette which look like edgy supersized Miatas.

See Stop posting any time clueless kid

you could have refrained from commenting if you're too busy applying hemorrhoid cream

GM LS engines are also underrated by a substantial amount and have been proven time and time again that they are putting down their claimed numbers AT THE TIRES

>r33 laps nurburgring in same time as the c5z

But it doesn't. the C5Z did 7:56 and the R33 did 8:01 or 7:59. and when i look at Tsukuba the R33 is faster than the 34 so where are people getting these metrics?

WHO IS THE AUTIST WHO PUT TOGETHER THIS PHOTO INTO A SQUARE HOLY SHIT

>mid-rear engined corvette Z06

What

da fuck is wrong with OP image

>le longue corvette

engine sits behind the front shock towers so later 'vettes are technically rear-mid engine. and the transmission is at the back of the car with an enclosed driveshaft to connect them

basically the weight distro is vastly superior to the gtr anyway you cut it

Its front mid engine you dolt

as requested

>who wins
>something available everywhere vs a unicorn
This can be said on either side

im high

i said MR but actually meaning FMR

technically its still correct