/mcg/ - Minecraft General - No edition edition

Last thread: →

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284465-1-6-4-kirby859s-content-packs-for-flans-mod
buildandshoot.com/
steamcommunity.com/groups/aceovspades
github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/763
youtube.com/watch?v=vOHumxida9M
github.com/iamgreaser/iceball
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What mods for 1.10.2 use netherrack as a fuel source.

Second for IndustrialCraft 2 is the best mod ever

what are the top 3 texture packs i should install?

>/mcg/ doing well, shitposting down, posting up, threads haven't died for a whole
Fuck, it'll take weeks to fix this.

Fifth for why didn't you let the thread finally die and the game alongside it maybe I could have found a way to free myself then

soartex
sphanx

>also a bonus feature would be a system capable of automatically stockpiling certain items like iron, such that if you take iron out of the system it will automatically make more.
You can easily do that with supplier pipes or modules, which keep inventories stocked with however many items you want and will send requests for crafting of those items if you have crafting pipes/modules set to them. They're vastly better than AE2 in this regard because you can tell them to only keep for example 32 of something in a chest, while in AE2 you'll have to do some heavy fuckery with level emitters and exporters if you don't want to use external mods.

What mod can I use to add ore dictionary entries to any item? Will MineTweaker work for that?

Yes.

>none
>faithful
>pixel perfection minus lang file
>john smith
>dokucraft
>isabella
>3x for weirding yourself the fuck out
Using a texture pack isn't really recommended for large modded runs, too much clashing.
16x tex packs are alright.

>lite
it's "lite" in their minds because it's a slightly smaller kitchen sink than usual.

>unironically recommending sfagx
(you)

Has anyone had problems getting zombie villagers to spawn in the new version? I've been grinding a zombie spawner for 30 minutes and I haven't seen one.

post comfey screenshots

Hey, non-regular here, just stopping by because I thought you guys could possibly help me.

What I'm looking for is a mirror of the:
>European Theater Pack
>Somme Offensive Pack
>Eastern Front Pack
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284465-1-6-4-kirby859s-content-packs-for-flans-mod

I need these because I'm doing some Ace of Spades modding and the resources (mostly ironsights and sounds) within these packs seem like they could be very helpful.

>ace of spades
you are doing god work
>flans
no way
anyway there was shitty ace of spades mod, you should check it out

What's wrong with the "Iron Chest" mod?

I've seen people (one person?) insult it a couple times here.

meh been using it for a couple weeks now and i don't see the big deal

i guess once i shove a ton of overclock upgrades into the machines that'll be nice

server will be private? if not, rember /v/ dislikes minecraft

There is nothing wrong with it. It is a very stable well put together mod. Its Veeky Forums AND a minecraft thread, mass spergs are vampent.

Why does everyone hate Botania? I was trying it out last night and, aside from the flower hunt at the beginning, it seems nice and has a lot of neat items.

idk but like i said previously, if etho likes it that must mean it's good.

Who is Etho?

why would you even want to run ANYTHING on netherrack, there is literally no reason to use it as a fuel source, fucking pleb get a tree farm or a fucking seed farm

the smartest, most creative, nicest, most sincere, most consistent, least fake man to ever touch minecraft.

what minimap?

make sure you don't use threading in rei's. fastcraft + threading in the 1.7.10 fork will completely break.

>the author's personality
>the fact that it is basically a collection of gimmick items -not necessarily a bad thing, but when the only thing your mod offers is some neat toys, it gets boring
>short as hell
>the author's personality bleeding through into the mod itself as shitty memes

Some random jewtube cunt.

>short as hell
this whole "mods must be long progressions trying to be their own games within minecraft's engine" thing is cancerous and it's FTB's entire shtick with their modpacks. stop that.

say what you will for the retardedness of the mod, but don't go feeding FTB's idiocy.

Perhaps short isn't the right word.
Shallow is more like it.

don't call etho a jew

then you had better get the fuck over it kid

I don't get it

>kid
>defends a random faggot on jewtube like he matters
>can't even fucking read properly
You have to be 18 to use Veeky Forums.
For the record, I was calling google jews, and whoever the fuck etho is, a cunt.

yea you're just jealous...

Well, looking in the configs threading is already disabled so I don't know what to say.

I don't play minecraft, not anymore at least, just found out about that content pack and thought I could use the ironsights (really well done) and sounds

There's a server right now
We've been having servers at /v/ for the past week.

>Shit memes on every item description
>You have literally everything at the start, all you need is some basic items and time
>Nothing to really work towards except overpowered items you'd be much more fulfilled getting from any other mod

There are some parts of Thaumcraft I just don't use because of how much time it'd take to legitimately get there, but I'd never wish they were piss easy to access.

maybe

>Finally get my old minecraft account ported after all the mojang fuckery ive been putting off.
>FTB keeps crashing whenever I attempt to load the old modpack I'd fucked about with using the Magic 1.7 pack as a base.
>Decided to just restart and start it up from the basic pack, then re add the mods from there in a new game.
>continues to crash upon startup
Welp, nevermind, didn't want to play my fun ass rigged up modpack with all the tech n quest shit removed and replaced with fun ass magic mods, nah I didn't even want to do that.
[spoilers]WHY[/spoilers]

That's a lot of lube.

Does minecract ever go on sale? I got an old pirate copy of 1.5.2 and only play on occasions for a few days 23 bucks seems like to much for that occasion

i didn't realize how nice storage buses are before you get real crazy into making cells

>continues to crash upon startup
Are you running on an old version of java? (java 8 is recommended/required for modded MC)
Are you reading the crashlogs to figure out WHY it's crashing?

Islandanon will save the thread!

I love seeing your progress user.

good god my man, I want to play whatever you end up producing
AoS was the one game I could play for 18 hours straight without needing to go do something else

Why have I never bothered with MineTweaker before? Holy shit this is great to fix dumb shit and add things from other versions, like making the ugly 1.8 stones added by Et Futurum useful on 1.7.10.

I'm not making an AOS mod for Minecraft, I'm making skins for AOS.
I just need some of the assets in the mods I listed up top to do it. I don't even play Minecraft anymore.

There's a thread for AOS up on /v/ right now i you want to play, they could use the players
Here's a download for the launcher
buildandshoot.com/
and a download for the .54 version that /v/ uses
steamcommunity.com/groups/aceovspades

I'm really starting to wish I started my main, year and a half old save with RTG installed.

>normally get to midgame before even having a base
>"I don't want to advance through any mods before I have at least some kind of stable base set up"
>finally make hole in the wall with basic bitch aesthetic, just a starter place before I do some mod work and find a real place to base
>end up just walking around it all day and not doing anything

>finally get nice looking base built
>bring all my shit over from my temp base
>realise I don't have half as much room as I need
>abandon save rather than start over

>>"I don't want to advance through any mods before I have at least some kind of stable base set up"
This fucking problem, right here. Then you spend weeks, or even months working on a build on and off trying to figure out the aesthetics, never actually getting into any of your mods.

>>realise I don't have half as much room as I need
I have the opposite problem.

So much fucking space it looks empty as shit.

>can never get interior walls right
>always too small, too big, or too odd shaped for machines
>never know what the fuck to put in the middle of a room

somehow my friend has never bought minecraft, whats the easiest way to get him on my modded server? do i have to do anything janky to my server settings or just tell him to get a cracked client?

set online-mode to false in your server.properties file and tell your friend to get a cracked client

oh boy thread falling off the board again im so surprised

Everything is fine.

Just let it die.

I'm still waiting for a 1.10 infitech/GT pack but I might just give it up and go on with life at this point.

>rooms
Stop wasting space.
These chests could be your machines.
All you need is access points.

>Terraria updates
>thread moves the speed of light
>Minecraft updates
>it's fucking nothing

>1.10 infitech/GT pack

Not to get your hopes up, but...

github.com/Blood-Asp/GT5-Unofficial/issues/763

wew
e
w

>terraria is as deep as a puddle
>minecraft has infinite possibilities
JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=vOHumxida9M

do sort of it like this. make some kind of production line, or just throw all your shit on the floor, wire it up and make it look nice. that's what I did.

>gets sticks from dead bush

When was this added?

1.8 i think? it was the major version after they were added, and those were added in 1.7 i believe.

i vaguely remember because cinderpearls in Thaumcraft 1.6 dropped the pod which turned into blaze powder, and in the desert those bushes didn't exist yet.
then in in 1.7, cinderpearls drop blaze powder directly with those bushes all over, but the bushes are just decorative. unless you shear them to burn for aspects.

nope I'm wrong, 1.9 for sticks. they were added in beta 1.6.
took that long to give them an actual purpose.

Guys, i played on a private "Sky Factory" server with my bro and now he is dead.
I have no one to played with now. And my PC is not so good on host modpack this big. Can you sugest a good modpack that include Ender IO, Tinker with Iguana and some modpack for decoration like decocraft and chisel?

>spend a while making a small truck (using AS+)
>move all my shit in the back
> fly it to a new location to make a new base, leaving a ruin behind me

this is fun

>if a(n e-)celebrity likes it, that means it's good
never have i heard such a profoundly ignorant statement

"people" like you are why advertising in general is allowed to get away with the shit it does

and to rub salt on the wound terraria's most recent update is just a shitty shallow endorsement deal with a DLC-ridden shit game

But then how do you get that far as well, do you just put all your things outside and slowly build a roof above it or do you build a fuckhuge room and slowly fill it with things
suffering

What do I do to add more depth to the design of these buildings, chisel is great for block variety but it still feels like the actual surface is lacking depth (since it is)? I haven't gotten around to going into the nether for glowstone yet so ignore the torches.

fill it with hoppers and buildcraft pipes

they don't even need to do anything

Pls respond

Yeah I know it looks empty as fuck right now. Hopefully it'll fill out a bit as I get around to the actual modded conent I have, as right now I'm still setting up vanilla wise.

no. if a guy as a warm and smart as etho likes it, that means it's good.

his status as a celebrity has nothing to do with it and it's DISHONEST for you to have characterized my post the way you did. you are a piece of shit just like most people on this site. you need to reevaluate this aspect of yourself. you shouldn't want to be that kind of person.

>still unironically trying to defend his appeal to celebrity fallacy
>actually thinks he can talk down to anyone else
simmer down and stop sucking etho's dick buddy

wow i point out your dishonesty and now you're doubling down. why can't 4channerians be honest about this kind of stuff?

shaking my head fuck you man

You should've recognised this as either legitimate clinical retardation or bait the second he began trying to defend eceleb cancer. Let it go man

>continues standing by his fallacies
>thinks he's being the honest one
have my pity, and this final (you)

>vanilla
terraria>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>minecraft

>engineering:
modded MC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any variant of terraria

>combat/RPG/exploration/adventure
any variant of terraria>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any variant of modded MC

You can't compare Minecraft to other games like this.

If you want to get your combat on, Terraria is an objectively superior game.
If you want to get your engineering on, Factorio is an objectively superior game.
Name any other aspect/feature of a game, there's an objectively superior game out there that does it better.

But here's the thing: few people play Terraria to build. Even fewer engineer contraptions. Just like very few people play Factorio for combat or exploration.
And that's where Minecraft shines, it has both of those and even more; it's a jack of all trades. It does everything, even if every single thing it does falls short and/or is shallow as shit, it's still there.

>If you want to get your engineering on, Factorio is an objectively superior game.
Not even close.

>But here's the thing: few people play Terraria to build. Even fewer engineer contraptions
Because engineering sucks in Terraria compared to MC. That's the point.

>Not even close.
Thanks for elaborating, faggot.

>Because engineering sucks in Terraria compared to MC. That's the point.
Thanks for re-iterating the whole point of my post, faggot

>Thanks for elaborating, faggot.
Doesn't need elaboration. Anyone who's touched both games understands MC is far more capable even ignoring the extra dimension.

>Thanks for re-iterating the whole point of my post, faggot
It's a strangely worthless post because that's obviously the point of the post you originally responded to.

anyone got any servers that are close to vanilla but don't have gay ass land protection and aren't a community full of babies?
2b2t is cool but i dont wan't to play against hackers and dupers, I want my accomplishments to mean something.

the issue is that your house is still a big cube
(and so thanks to chisel, a fancy looking cube)
play with the pillars, push the doors forward (to make an entryway)...

Never has, AFAIK. Pay up.

>FTB's

As in TerraFirmaCraft, GregTech and RotaryCraft?

You should look into github.com/iamgreaser/iceball - it really needs devs and is well put together.

>samefagging
(you)
I don't even give a shit about some fag's attempt to groupthink off some youtube fag, but at least TRY to not be obvious.

Nah i don't play enough to justify that

>samefag
>when and were both posted within less than 30 seconds

At least try to not be obvious about your newfag-ery.

>try making more efficient autosmelter with thermal expansion
>give up because i cant get shit to feed and i have absolutely no idea what the fuck im doing
i think im clinically retarded

Lol I bought it for like 4.99 almost 10 years ago.