Why do people hate muscle cars?

why do people hate muscle cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cH2_ZAYZwAs#t=55s
autozine.org/Archive/Ford/classic/V8.html
caranddriver.com/reviews/1984-chevrolet-corvette-c4-archived-road-test
superchevy.com/features/vemp-0204-1986-chevy-corvette-c4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they can't turn and only work in a straight line?
That kind of car works only in burgerland

>cant drive fast on the Autobahn due to curves
>need a shitload of of fuel, even at low speed
>tax is enorm due to giant engine with exceptionaly bad specific output

Asking why wouldn´t you hate them would make more sense.

>muh quarter mile
>muh laptimes on slicks with tunned suspension
>muh ecoboost
>muh V8

Muscle cars are neat

Alright Veeky Forums, if yo had the money, would you get an equus as your sole go to muscle car?

Tbh I wouldn't.

I'm indifferent about the power delivery
one big fart of torque and its all over

>muh quartermile
not anymore, since Tesla went mad on acceleration stock muscle cars can´t do shit anymore
>muh laptimes on slicks with tunned suspension
On real tracks like the Nürburgring or on burgerland ovals?
>muh ecoboost
german engineering...
>muh V8
I never understood the hype around this Engine type, it way to high and therefore fucks up your cetre of gravity, it is more expensive then a Inline four the same size and it needs way to much space under the hood.

Please tell me this is bait and I took it.
Please tell me there isn't someone so retarded that he thinks an I4 engine with the displacement of an muscle V8 is a good idea.

Old ones have some kind of charm. Fuck modern american muscle cars though, they look like inflated toy cars, ridiculous.

Why use displacement when you have forced induction.

>it way to high
how tho ? it should be the same hight as a slant four
what about a v8 less than 305 ci ?

Why not?
Usually I4 don´t have this much displacement, but bigger cylinders have a lower inner surface area and a I4 has less moving parts and friction, wich is the main reason for all these 3-cylinders.
So a high displacement I4 isn´t a bad idea at all.
MAN actualy buils giant 2-stroke diesels with ~1m stroke in I4 configuration.
>2 cylinderbanks pointing upwards
>2 cylinderheads far above the crankshaft
>implying a laying Inline or a boxer aren´t better

thermal problems
head gasket failure
impeller bearing failure
>1
counter balance
horizontal thrust on cylinder wall due to crank arm length
>2
width of public roads
suspension packaging constraints
ring land problems
exsuast headers

YOU WANT PRAY GAME?

I love classic muscle cars. Newer American muscle cars are kinda fucking gay and look like shit. Some reasons some people hate them:
>Asspained tree-hugging cunts
>Broke faggots with a case of sour grapes
>Boomers are fucking shitty gypsy ass niggers who jack up the prices to insanely unreal numbers
>Musclefags tend to be retarded douchebags who can't appreciate anything unless it has a VEE-ATE in it
>Most muscle cars are shit at everything other than making comfy sounds and being comfy to drive unless you gut the fuck out of it, sink a shit load of money into the engine, and completely redo the suspension (at least if you intend to make it a decent track/autox car)
My observation anyway.

supplementary post
youtube.com/watch?v=cH2_ZAYZwAs#t=55s

No, I would build my own from like a fairlane or Torino or something

I'm indifferent about your retardation

Love modern muscle cars.

Just not cheap American ones with "retro" looks to attract hipsters and soccer moms.

>muscle cars anno 2004-

This is true

What part of ear splitting exhaust, brake lock up, and old bucket seats is "comfy"?
Have you ever driven a muscle car?

Non-American roads aren't big enough. Those roads are made for tiny sub-liter diesel shitboxes.

this is based on classic muscle

ugly
slow
sound bad most of the time
horrible ride and interior
cant turn for shit
shit build quality

>i am an eu dieselcuck and am way too poor to afford v8 godmachines

stop projecting and being a poorfag, those aren't good qualities buddy.

>built>bought
Someone was raised right

Obviously you haven't.

And honestly, you sound like a pussy.

Haha. The recklessness and stupidity of muscle cars is EXACTLY what attracted me to them. That and the sound. Despite what any ricer fartcannon homo will say there is no better sound than roar of a v8. By no means is it fucking "comfy" though. Soccer mom's and nu males can enjoy comfort in their econoboxes

>ear splitting exhaust
>a muscle car
Did shooting a rifle give you ptsd as well sweetheart?

I've always loved muscle cars. The styling is AESTHETIC

So comfy

depends on the state of tune really
some just roar at a lower note
others are like an angle grinder really digging in

I don´t drive a turbodiesel, im driving a naturaly aspirated gas engine.

Lol see

>gut the fuck out of it, sink a shit load of money into the engine,

>not finding downshifting to make it from 35 to 90mph on a 50ft onramp and hearing/feeling the ballsy growl erupt from underneath you, rustling your jimmies comfy

Well then i guess im the only one then.

Nah man I just get a boner

Boners can be comfy

they sound like they struggle to do anything most of the time

its awful

Loving mine so far.

Yeah it's pigfat and handles like shit, but muscle has always been about power and presence over everything else.

>power and presence
No user, they are about power and shouting matches.

mate, muscle cars are fun to drive. sure, they are sometimes shit at turning but...

>takes up way too much space under the hood

>comparing a V8 withou exaust manifolds and no peripherial hardware with a I4 with exaust manifold and some peripferal hardware

If you put the exaust manifolds on the V8 it will be much bigger than the I4.

not sure what pic you're looking at but i see the exhaust manifolds for both sides on the v8.

Not with pretty much any short headers, or even a manifold if you're desperate.
>he needs any accessories past the alternator and water pump

exhaust headers and alternator are missing from the ls in most pictures like this

but the v8 is still compact given its capacity and seems to have come more from expediency than anything else
as one does not have to put much effort into making new heads and valve arrangements
only a new crank and case type

autozine.org/Archive/Ford/classic/V8.html

What are you fucking talking about nigger

There is no complete exaust manifold on the V8, the part conecting the cylinder banks or gets the exaust to the rear cylinder bank is missing.
Also, where are the four Camshafts on this block?
I can´t find the chain or gears for those.
A electric starter and a oil pump are nice to have on a car.
If you put it crankshaft in pointing driving direction in the car like a retard would, the car wont drive straight while accelerating.

i like muscle cars because of muh burly v8

>Also, where are the four Camshafts on this block?

its OVER HEAD VALVE you cock sucking retard

Dosn´t this System have major issues when reving high and needs valve clearance checks every few thousend kilometers?

The system does suffer with revs, but on these motors, the RPM is held back by the stroke instead of the valve system. A destroked small block with pushrods can do nearly 9000 RPM. I've also never heard of the valves requiring any extra maintenance or checks, and I own a truck with a pushrod motor.

Because people shit on everything they don't have. I like muscle cars even though I would never buy one. They seem really fun, but I don't like the worse cornering. It's a powerful car for the working man.

Muscle car owners are typically douchebags

Normal DOHC motors don´t need any mainainace on the Valves at all.
Motors without hydrosticks usually need a clearance check once every ~100.000km.
Is this still a 2 Valve/cylinder or a 4 Valve/cylinder type?

I , . 's 2

Wow, OK. This post got totally fucked up.

That's what I mean. The valves on my truck have needed no maintenance. Most pushrod V8's are 2 valve, including the chevy motor in the original pic .

Because they can't afford one.

They all have tiny babby Hondas from when dad bought them their first car in highschool. Obviously they feel inferior, as they should, so they spout memes amongst themselves while their muscle overlords silently watch as they scream, kick, and throw tantrums.

They're so desperate that they actually fell for the "lolcantturn" meme in CURRENT YEAR.

I´ll assume you mean it is a 2 valve type.
That might explain why you burgers don´t get any power out of your engines.
I don´t get why you build your engines like that since these engines must cost a shitload in taxes per year since they have such a huge displacement.
Why not build a inline four with half the displacement, DOHC, 16 or 20 valve and maybe a turbocharger?
After 2-3 years you have paid less than for this 1950s motor from the picture, even if you don´t drive and won´t consider the better fuel economy of the I4.

my 1st car was muscle

theyre still shit

My first car was modern muscle.

They're not.

modern muscle doesnt exist

Hi there.

thats not a muscle car

Yes it is.

>Nürburgring

Oh, you mean the track where the Viper, Corvette, Camaro and GT are all in the top 40 track times ever along with porsche and nissan? :^)

We don't really get taxed on displacement. There is a "gas guzzler" tax but it doesn't quite work the same. Cars like the Corvette with the 6.2L V8 avoid the gas guzzler tax because they use modern techniques like cylinder deactivation to get better fuel economy on the freeway. The Corvette Stingray gets an epa estimated 29mpg out of the 6.2L LT1, which is more than the 27mpg from the 2.0L Turbocharged FA20 in the WRX.

You can't escape the laws of thermodynamics - more power = more fuel needed, regardless of whether it's a big naturally aspirated V8 or a turbocharged 4 cylinder. Sure, the 4cyl will get you better gas mileage if the turbo doesn't spool until 4000rpm and you putter around like a economy car most of the time, but that's not the reason why most people buy these kinds of cars.

We don't pay our taxes based on engine size, it's based on the assessed value of the car. And the fuel prices are nothing to worry about unless you're fucking poor. They aren't nearly as bad on fuel consumption as you'd like to believe, and the highest gas price in the country is like two dollars and fifty cents for a whole gallon.

I won't address the retarded notion that our engines don't make power, you already know you're just a baiting faggot on that.

>I don´t get why you build your engines like that since these engines must cost a shitload in taxes per year since they have such a huge displacement.
For the millionth time, Americans don't pay displacement tax.

Also, we don't get any power out of stock V8s mainly due to environmental regulations. There were 70s station wagons putting out like 400 hp before the EPA stepped in.

>>muh laptimes on slicks with tunned suspension
>On real tracks like the Nürburgring or on burgerland ovals?
The GT350 owns the 35th best time on the Nürburgring and is in the bottom 5 in terms of cost.

Camaros were never muscle

its a secretary car like a Mustang the only modern car that comes near muscle is the Challenger

know what Ill even say its the only modern muscle car

when I look at the emblem I cant help but see someone getting fucked in the ass.

Getting a low fuel consumption out of a powerfull Enginde doesn´t violate the lawas of thermodynamics, also 29MPG is pretty bad for a 2016 car.
The trick is to get the motor run in the poin of maximum efficiency where it needs a low amount of fuel, about 200gamms of fuel per produced kwh are possible.
A big engine usually doesn´t run in that area most of the time since it is at about 60-70% of its maximum, so you need to store the exess energy created in this area anywhere.
So if you would put 2 electric motors in the front axle of the vehicle they can act as generators while you run the engine in this are and can use this energy while not running the engine or in the need of more power.
In theory you could archive a fuel consumption bleow 3l/100km orabout 80 mpg with that techique and a 400-500hp gas engine, while the performance would get much better.
In most contry you get taxed based on the Engine size
The Porsche 918 spyder did the best time for unmodified cars with normal street tires while using the described technique.

My Sonata barely got 35 mogs in highway on full cruise control.

This is my Scat Pack doing half and half in highway.

Theory =I= praxis
If the electric motor always has to spin the ICE you wont be that efficient.
Also wikipedia says your car is using gas in the "full electric mode" for some weird reason.

The most funny thing about it is may daily driver gets about 50-60 mpg on average for a whole tank.
Because it has a engine wich can operate in efficient area most of the time due to small engine sieze and adjustable valve timings.

Retarded inport fan boys that understand memes more than they understand cars.

This is common ng from someone who prefers imports but also likes muscle care.

>2016
>falling for the "enthusiast" vehicle meme
KEK!

AMERICANS DON'T GET TAXED ON DISPLACEMENT!!!!

HOLLY FUCK NIGGER CAN YOU NOT READ???

THIS HAS BEEN POSTED MULTIPLE TIMES ON EVERY MUSCLE CAR DISCUSSION EVER

AMERICANS DON'T PAY TAX ON ENGINE DISPLACEMENT!!!

THAT'S ONLY FOR FUCKING KEKS LIKE YOU.

user's a dummy but damn nigga chill

What does Veeky Forums think of the new Challenger?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TFW euros talk about "Displacement Tax"

>tfw you will NEVER have a built 555ci procharged V8
honestly, I am just jealous as fuck of my roomates '99 yukon denali. the nig car has headers, a mild cam, full exhaust and a whipple on it.

the Challenger was a pony car turned into a full sized car

the equus bass 770 is too expensve to be considered affordable, which is against the traditional muscle car definition

Modern performance Mercedes coupes might be muscle but other than that there are no modern day muscle cars at all

Cheap fast and available by the boatload in burgerland
Bonus points for being from burgerland.
Euros and other third world we'd always seem to be more concerned with crying about American things in general.

when Europeans start trying to get uppity

>It's a muscle cars don't turn episode

what is this 1984

The C4 still couldn't turn.

Nor could the first gen of the "retro" Mustang nor the Camaro.

The latest gen Mustang is nice, though.

they're the car equivalent of lifted diesel trucks

old ones are still cool for historical reasons but new ones are slower in the 1/4 mile than the silent cuckmobile Tesla P100D

>The C4 still couldn't turn.
[citation needed]

The citation is any review from the time, dumbass.

The FD was better driving in every way. Just at the cost of less trunk space and having a 10% worse fuel economy.

The C4 feels like a disconnected yacht by comparison.

Still waiting on a citation.

Top tier muscle car, perfect modern challenger i love it

>The citation is any review from the time, dumbass.

caranddriver.com/reviews/1984-chevrolet-corvette-c4-archived-road-test

>"Item: The roadholding on this new machine is so advanced that we recorded the highest skidpad lateral acceleration — 0.90 g — ever observed with a conventional automobile by this staff. That figure practically trivializes the previous high-water marks, in the 0.82-g range, generated by such exotics as the Porsche 928 and assorted Ferraris."

>FD came out 7 years after C4

Huh, really makes you think!

cuckvette is an understeering PIG

>muh GEEZ
>fd has .95
whatever

>still quoting sources at least 7 years after the C4 debuted

you suck at this.

Big, fat, underpowered piece of shit that excels at nothing when compared to the Mustang and Camaro.

>inb4 Hellcat

The Hellcat is going to have its ass torn globally by the 6th gen ZL1, and the next GT500.

>still quoting sources at least 7 years after the C4 debuted
whats wrong with this? the car got better over time

stay mad the c4 is a poor handling pos

hellcat already runs 10s, i dont know what you expect from the 'next gen gt500' considering the last one had a proper rear end (lra is king fuck irs) and still couldnt put any of its power down

>whats wrong with this? the car got better over time

except it didn't you retard.

fucking hell.

honestly all i read in here is that its good because of the low end power