Gore thread?

Gore thread?

did you let your engine block get too hot? :^)

did this smart young chap really run the line under his car?

Can you imagine the sound that thing made?

Looks fine

I'll take some pictures of the scrap test parts laying around my garage next Monday...

This reminds me of the time this lady came in the repair shop with her small Chevy on a platform saying that the car won't start.
When asked "When was the last time you changed the oil and filters?" she just made this weird face like"WTF are you talking about?"
Long story short she was not aware that you must change oil/filters and just drove it with no maintanance for almost 60k miles.

#2 out of a ford focus

Fack

Motherfakker

Shieeeeet

Amazing

Id love to to display this as a work of art in a shop

Along the rotating driveshaft and warm exhaust no less

>smoking cigarettes in a car
>ever

I just got all tingleee in side,

ACHTUNG !

Damn smokers

>kraut car
>used to be smokers car

Now I know to not only just clean the ash tray in these things

are car interiors really that flammable?

I honestly don't know, it kind of seems as if something hot melted it's way down.

My next 6 paychecks that was a woman's car

Yeah, I had to tear the whole interior apart after buying it and cleaned it completely. Doesn't smell like cigarettes anymore, but damn was it a whole ordeal to clean everything.

I was running some wires so I was going to take the interior apart anyway, but a two-day job turned into a week of tearing apart stuff to clean them and lubricate all the moving parts.

Here's the fuel filter I swapped out, the last time it had been swapped was back before this was imported from germany.

i can only imagine the incredible amount of force it took to bend that in that way

TRIGGERED
Even if it was just the battery cable attached to the exhaust, I'd be fucking triggered. Once the insulation melts through, it's short city bitch.

>he doesn't run premium

What am I lookin at here, diff leak?

Steering box lower seal. It barfed all over

Personal gore experience. My clutch stopped pushing in, and when I pulled the transmission I found this.
It's the slave cylinder piston. Apparently the previous owner (or more likely their dumbass mechanic because it was an old dude) did a slave cylinder rebuild and left the old piston just hanging out in the bell housing.

This can't be real...

>American cars are just as reliable and well-built as their foreign counterparts

Dude nothing withstands over salted roads.

My 20 year old f150 is in better shape becuase I don't live up north.

It's funny because my mom drove a '98 Sienna through 11 Long Island winters and it NEVER had a rust problem.

my 16 year old skoda shitbox had to drive thorugh every winter since it was built and there's not a single bit of rust on it.

Not OP, but do they salt the roads there? Water won't hurt the vehicle, salt will

post the rest

>ran when parked

>I know what I have!!!1! No lowballers!

That's a big rod

cracked a 20 yr old fuel filter and found literal dirt in it
like the shit in teabags but really sludgy and smelling of fuel

For you.

Had a VW/Audi 1.8t turbo come in.

Loooooookit that, the timing chain tore through the valvecover!

the fuck did this clown fit a starter motor from a tank and crank the engine

Well, wouldja just look at THAT!

Sludgy, and look at that, dead chain tensioner.

Woohoo! Sludge in the cam bearing oiling groove!

Cat D342 in an old D8H. Either broke the piston or the rod, but it still runs. Sort of.

Nope, factory starter on a 350 in an 89 k10 blazer, developed a crack and warped and nephew got told don't drive on it. didn't listen and made it down the road from his house when flexplate said fuck you.

...what KIND of gore?

...don't leave razor blades loose in your toolbag. DON'T.

the memes are true. it is in the back!

weld that shut, deactivate that piston

what the fuck.

Timing belt upfront I understand, but why timing CHAIN in the rear? why not gear driven like Toyotas?

pic related

My 96 french shitbox has 0 rust and they salt and sand streets like mad

Oh, no, it has both.

Because it uses the chain tensioner to phase the intake cam via taking away and giving it slack. Which is a much simpler and cheaper way to do valve timing.

It ALSO has a timing belt.

The chain just drive's the intake cam from the exhaust cam.

mmmmMMMMM

i bet that was fun to get out

I love that though. It's adorable

>that's a pretty fucked up clut-
>THAT'S NOT A CLUTCH

sucks, looks like the plastic guide piece broke off

they actually go bad and make a pretty bad noise on startup loooong before this happens

pics of mine (not as bad)

some OC from my sisters boyfriend

2010 raptor

"idk the brake pedal goes to the floor"

interior cleaners such as armor all are really flammable.

The fuck is all this baby shit?

Post gore

How does a car like this pass any inspection?

Mother natures patch job

Not all states have vehicle inspections.

You're tell me there's states in the usa who'll register a car without an inspection?

I donĀ“t want to share a road with those suicida idiots.

Some states have "Registration enforced inspection" which means it has to pass inspection to be registered. I think the majority aren't like this, though. You can register the car in your name to say you own it, and inspection is a totally different thing that determines roadworthiness. Because you can own a car without it being roadworthy if it sits in your driveway or garage, this makes more sense.

Beginning dump with fresh new material.