What's your favorite truck from the 80's and 90's?

What's your favorite truck from the 80's and 90's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tKXhJsT1pCU
youtube.com/watch?v=aQwq-osqtA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also the ford ranger

Chevy s10 93 was my high-school car loved the hell out of it till it died in college

Unimog goes in every decade.

Chevy K10 Silverado
Ford Bronco
Chevy K-Blazer/GMC K-Jimmy
Dodge Dakota

Just to name a few.

to bad that there very overpriced

80's and 90's is the best gen for vehicles desu

Fucking WANT

Theres quite a few in immaculate condition scattered around Louisiana and Mississippi, fairly cheap too.

s a m u r a i

Another vote for the K10.

Is this the MJ thread?

Fuck yeah

When I was younger my grandpa had one of these and asked if I wanted it when he was getting a new car, I turned him down cause I thought it was a heap of shit. Regret it to this day.

>Looked a gift horse in the squarebody

Is it bad that I hate the Dakota for killing the Comanche before the '97 refresh model could be made? I would love to get a '97 front clip on mine and wire it up for '97 power door panels and the '97 XJ overhead console.

ZJ MASTER RACE

Got one of these now too. I should really take a pic of it with the Ram and with both girls.

>all the fiddliness and unreliability of the XJ with none of the simplicity
I stay away from ZJ/WJ for a reason senpai.

Don't sweat it, they're common and cheap across most of North America. I can't remember a time when there hasn't been at least 1 or 2 on Craigslist within 100 kilometers of me, in decent running condition, for $3000 or less.

>anything but this
>mfw

The 1991 GMC Syclone, of course.

-Turbocharged 4.3L V6
-AWD
-0-60 in 5.3 sec.

That's a nice ride
cool truck too

I can't never find one that's not beat up with a million miles for under 3k

>>mfw
you didn't post a face and 4runners are shit you newfag

does it have a handbrake, also how expensive is it?

Heyyyyyyyyyy

>cant even correctly name the car he is trying to mock
>calls others a newfag

>4runner
You need to check your eyes faggot.
He's right, J80 Landcruisers are just about the best platform to build off.

>4runners are shit
>4runners

I really like the Bronco II.

>modern car manufactures will never make anything as simple and utilitarian as the trucks in this thread

>absolute electrical nightmare
>simple
that thing is a fucking POS lmao you faggot

Okay, to be honest I know nothing about the Bronco II. I have nothing to say other than I love the way they look and I love the idea of a small 4WD SUV.

And here's my substitute, other than the frame rot they were great little trucks. I bought mine at 200k for 2k and drove it another 50k miles with zero issues.

fair enough. imo its a shitbox. im sure others will disagree though
i love the wd21 though, great choice.

I would have drove my WD21 longer if it weren't for the frame rot. By the time I god rid of the the rear suspension was basically holding together the frame, it was borderline dangerous.

*by the time I got rid of it,

Hey - what vehicle is this behind Swizzybae? Looks like a 60s GM.

Land Rover Defender is something I'd have when I become a thousandaire. A tuned up Defender with a Ramjet 502 to save me on gas and get that nice Chevy whirl.

The Merc G-class in the 80s was also legendary but they have insane maintainence fees (compared to a Jag - imagine that!). This shows as they depreciated at twice the rate of the similarly priced Defenders of the same year.

If it weren't for the abhorrent safety rating and low speed tuner, I'd've gotten this instead of my current 5th gen.
This too.

Strange, shoot me your local Craigslist, even if you're not going to consider buying one.

>50k miles
I thought you were the guy who bought the WD21 for $1000, and quickly discovered after buying, it was not road worthy.

The fucking base Comanche was 15 fucking grand out the door brand new adjusted to 2016 dollars. You can't get anything anywhere close to that these days, even Nissan can't make the Frontier shit enough to come within four grand..

>tfw no Dodge Raider

Fuck me that's nice.

I'm a Mopar guy and I had no fucking clue this was a thing. It's not a Dakota underneath so it must be some Mitsubishi rebrand from that era. Never ever ever have I seen one of these. I'm going to resort to Googling.

2 door mitsubishi pajero to be exact

Also

Looks like a neat little thing but I can only assume it would be a nightmare to own and source parts for in the US like those cute little Japanese 4x4 vans people have started posting pics of that I guess just passed the import age and were available in Canada?

Gee let me think...

God bless the XJ for being on every street corner and fifteen to a junklot.

First gen cummins rclb single wheel in tri tone brown is a GOAT truck

>XJ is unreliable

You're memeing wrong.

Let's be honest. Some of them are alright. But
>Renix

The engine is reliable. Everything around it rattles apart though.

ITT: GOAT fuckers.

This. It's fighting every other little thing that goes wrong, especially if you have a relatively unmolested or poorly maintained pre-Chrysler XJ/MJ with all the original equipment, or even straight replacements of it. Cooling system sucks donkey dick until the Chrysler years.

GM Square body
GMT400
Hilux

I've had ten of them, none of that has happened to mine. Sure the cooling system is "”"""""shit""""""" if you don't know how to maintain it. Which just means change the god damn coolant once in a while, and make sure your fan clutch is working properly.

That has nothing to do with the bottle design being awful and replacement caps not fitting right until you rip it out for an aluminum one or the entire thing out for a radiator and bottle from a '94 because fuck dealing with all the extra headache of a closed system.

reppin

What size tires and what's your lift? That's about my target for the MJ.

Your pic is actually what made me love the 90s Rams. Former bus rider here.

I suppose I'm biased. All of mine have been 98+. But it's not like those years are hard to come by.

ohhey you ^__^

remember to toss a few cinderblocks/sandbags for winter dribing!

She's a beast

30" with ~3" blocks

>implying i dont want to go full hektik

Gott damm that's Sexy

Probably the Scania T143

Range rover classic. These trucks are gorgeous. If only they weren't complete shit on the inside

That's a road tractor, not a truck.

ya can't drift with independent suspensions, user! please don't try. i want to see more pictures of the thing as its (and your) life goes on!

So that ice drift .gif is too large. Have it in shitty video form instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=tKXhJsT1pCU

what a retarded fucking faggot
just lmao

came here to say this t bh f am 100 100

Haynes or Chilton
Para XJ

>not 164
Can't beat 998 cubic inches of Scania/Mack derived diesel V8.

keep it simple
keep it ford

The 16L V8 never came in the 3 series though afaik

>tfw you will never own a custom T730

Parents owned an 89 Cherokee growing up.
I learned to drive in it.
Want.

If anything ever happened to my truck ill probably just buy a Cherokee or a 4Runner.

Just cross checked that, holy shit you're right.
I spent a little time with an R500, and even though it's the lowest rated of the 16.4, it had more grunt than any other half giga horsepower truck I've driven.

G-wagen, all year every year.

This sexy bitch right here. Recently got keyed and now the fuel pump died, not having good luck recently, but it's still my baby.

>Dat 1990s feeling

I'm feeling my age.

youtube.com/watch?v=aQwq-osqtA0

probably the best small all-round auto diesel, ignoring modern.

I love my MJ, now that I got a new turn signal switch in it and I've started to clean and repair things. Still need to know whether to buy the Haynes or Chilton manual for XJ/MJ.

You posted it, OP

1) g klasse
2) pajero
3) cruiser

the GQ patrol, 4.2 industrial diesel and drivetrain like a tank. just bought one today actually.

Only problem is they sit very low stock, much lower than same era LC.

They look very fucking similar from the side, also that model is overrated as hell to and he still didn't post a face

Post more please
[spoiler]and link uncensored[/spoiler]

Isuzu Rodeo is better desu

A man of patrician taste

The Subaru Cowboy of course.
A bit larger than the Subaru Brat and meant to compete with Toyota's Hilux.
Only sold in small numbers in Japan and production only lasted for 3 years.

No its a footbrake.

15-20k if you can find one.