Steam engines are more powerful than ICE and electric engines

>steam engines are more powerful than ICE and electric engines
>microwaves are cheap small and light
>microwaves can boil water in 5 seconds
>compact powerful battery tech exists

give me one good reason we don't have microwave powered cars yet

They don't roar, just huff

More energy required to boil said water than it would produce

>not using a parabolic mirror and gods good grace to power your steam car.

>microwaves can boil water in 5 seconds

I wish mine did this.

Is true of everything ever

> ever

It's all a question of power. I bought a commercial microwave oven with 3900 watts of power, fucker would boil a cup of water in seconds.

less efficient compared to an electric motor. the steam is just a transmission medium.

>less efficient
prove it

you're changing energy types more than electric, it's impossible for microwave to be more efficent

microwaves are lighter than electric motors.
your argument is invalid.

you still need batteries, a water tank, and a chamber to recover the water. and don't forget the fuckhuge pistons needed to generate any real speed.

How are you going to power the microwave? With the microwave?

So you would prefer all of the cumulative losses of changing phase from chemical potential energy to electrical energy to electromagnetic energy to heat energy to mechanical energy?

Rather than convert chemical potential energy into mechanical energy in the combustion chamber. Interesting.

And for reference, a large triple expansion steam engine measuring 800 Tonnes with a height of 19 metres measures around 750kW at 75 RPM. In this same space, at the same speed and for one eighth the weight could be installed a MAN Diesel and Turbo S80ME-C rated 77,000kW.

I am sorry, but there is no comparison between reciprocating steam and reciprocating internal combustion engines.

What would be more efficient is if we used that electromagnetic radiation in a form that directly affects movement of the wheels. What could do that?

Oh shit nvm that's called an electric motor.

It's possible that some water and a kettle that's a microwave is still lighter than an electric motor. the microwave can serve dual purpose as a giant piston.
Batteries. Hydroelectric is solar power when you really think about it.

Ya blew it.

> the microwave can serve dual purpose as a giant piston
you're either shitposting or I don't understand the design you have in your head, please doodle something in paint for use to see

go read a book kid

Brushless AC motors are more efficient.

/thread

So, you still need a motor driven by the steam, plus a tank to hold water all for something that will be less efficient than an electric motor.

Howdy, Prezo!

You are an unwitting brother in arms!

How're you? Enjoying the things you learn from peoples' criticisms? Enjoying changing the design and learning just as much on your own?

>blanket statements with no proof

ok

For a motor, you need:

A battery(ies)
A charger(which may or may not be inside or outside of the car. it's a pain if it's outside)
A HYUEG switchmode power supply

>You are an unwitting brother in arms!
>posts without shedding light on the topic

ditto :^)

That's like using an ICE to charge a battery to run a motor.... Oh wait.