ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY

ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY

youtube.com/watch?v=sPPXC5agf7U

Other urls found in this thread:

automobile-catalog.com/make/ford_usa/thunderbird_10gen/thunderbird_10gen_sc/1990.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uFHL0j36bV0
automobile-catalog.com/car/1993/879305/ford_thunderbird_lx_5_0l_ho_efi_v-8_automatic.html
torquemonsterheaders.com/test_results.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5849334989.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5847741781.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5832169616.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5846411393.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>He still watches RegularFurs
>In 2016

>no more excuses
>t-the dyno is bad

So? It's an underpowered ancient shitbox

The real question is why he even dyno'd it

I actually like Regular Car Reviews but the whole Vagabond Falcon thing was just plain stupid. Throughout the whole build it's obvious he has no idea what he's doing. And what the hell did he expect from a 20-year old pushrod motor?

>Dyno isn't calibrated at all
>reading wrong RPM
This actually makes a huge difference as it factors into the calculations, he should have just fucking waited until it was set up properly instead of being a goddamn sperg.

I don't follow him, does he have an i6 or a v8 in it? I could see 140 from an ancient i6 but if he has a 5.0 he's doing something really wrong.

>muh dyno isn't calibrated
>i-it's the compression
>5 liter V8 can't pass 150hp

ffs my 90's shitbox 4 banger made more when original.

He has a 302 V8 in it. It's from an early 1990s Thunderbird I believe

>I actually like Regular Car Reviews

It's a V8, 5.0 windsor which can really mean a very large range of power depending on internals. In the 80s crown victoria LOPO configuration it makes like 190hp and loses power over the years. HIPO in the mustang made more. If you build it up with aggressive cam and better quality parts you can get 400+ out of it.

I don't think so.

automobile-catalog.com/make/ford_usa/thunderbird_10gen/thunderbird_10gen_sc/1990.html

Considering the motor made like 190 crank hp in stock form, this literately doesn't make sense. It's either timed terribly, tuned terribly or he just did something done. 140kw makes more sense but I litterally don't know how this happens

Jesus it should have fucking EFI then if he could set that up. Or even with a carb he should be much closer to 200 bhp. If it's un-hotrodded it probably isn't that out of tune and the dyno isn't that out of spec but wow, if you're building a 302 how do you not achieve 300+ bhp? Why run the stock cam and heads and shit? Theyre all choked.

Yes, I'm aware Veeky Forums doesn't share this particular predilection

Gt40/PS are alright. E7s that are ported if you're on a budget

Isn't 400 about the limit of the stock block?
I'm assuming he is running unported e7s. From what I've read it's not worth porting them.

>There are people who actually like Furry Car Reviews.

You could hear tire slip on the 3rd run, and that's why it was like 8hp lower.

why does he bother making a video like that before the dyno was calibrated?

>MFW he could have got those numbers by just building up the 144 straight six that it came with.

youtube.com/watch?v=uFHL0j36bV0
He claims it's out of a 93 Thunderbird in this video

Do you have a picture of the heads?

I literally can't fathom it considering he bought a new cam, new lifters, new pistons, new everything.

What's the point, he even did a valve job. I hate to bench race but where did the money go

if there's no torque rating how does it know the horsepower?

"Wahhh wahhh people like thinks i dont waaah."

go suck a dick

>Isn't 400 about the limit of the stock block?
Mustang people say 500 is the limit, 450 if you want it to last longer. 400hp build would probably last a long time if you only abuse it occasionally.

I don't know shit about his build, just judging by hp number. New everything and 140whp? Dude what the fuck.

Must be this one.

automobile-catalog.com/car/1993/879305/ford_thunderbird_lx_5_0l_ho_efi_v-8_automatic.html

Still, kinda silly having such a big engine but low HP.

>but muh torque

Not necessary in a car like that. A 6 or 4cyil would do the job perfectly.

Isn't it though? And also he spends an inordinate amount of time converting the engine to a mechanical fuel pump because "muh nostalgia"

Also it makes a difference whether you're getting your power from forced induction or plain old engineering. Not running boost raises the reliable HP

I mean even at the least efficient auto, your looking at what 25% power loss? Either he's got some major Afr or timing issues or its running on 7. Or he was retarded and out a stock economy cam innit

Fuck mechanical fuel pumps

As i said, depends on the car. I meant that a 6 cyl could do the same amount of torque and probably have more horsepower. Honestly even a Honda would beat it.

Judging the Thunderbird itself it seems silly that a car makes such low horsepower for it's engine while being so heavy for it's segment(sports car) which is 1673 kg/3688 lbs

Manufacturers will so this to make cars easier to service. Almost anywhere in the US, you can buy parts for a small block chevy, any generation, because of how common it is. Engine will also last forever and run off of almost any octane because of how low compression and detuned it is. And I like to think Ford wanted to give hotrodders sources for 302s in the future besides mustangs.

>those RPM readings
Soemthing's not quite right...

>thunderbird
>sports car

Yep. I know that V8s there can basically be found anywhere for dirt cheap.

It says on the link. If Ford thought so at the time, idk.

Dude has a nice voice tho

It's a "personal luxury car"

Dude, look at them.

Daily reminder falcons were economy cars with tiny engines

ahahahahahahahahahahahahah

FURFAG BTFO

what a fag

even 90's 5.0 explorers make more power than that

top KEK

all that time and money wasted. My sides have exploded kekekekek

90s 5.0 explorers have the best factory heads ford produced for the 302

90's were a weird time for luxury brands. I look at mercs i see in that time and shitboxes from today and some are way better than the mercs.

yup and you know you don't have to spend all the money like this faggot did.

he could of spent $200 and an afternoon pulled a 5.0 from an expo and made more power.

top kek

furfag reviews clearly doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

That's literally what I'm doing. Electric fuel pump, 85 mustang manual transmission distributor, edelbrock performer, some random 4 barrel carb, frpp b303 or e303 cam and some headers

I don't think it calculates horsepower from torque and RPM. Notice how he mentioned not even having a torque reading. I think it calculates torque from the HP and RPM.

You guys know its not about power right?

The car is a symbol of the original regular car, the built the engine to last, not for power. its a car for car shows

>You guys know it's not about power right

You don't dump that many parts into a 302, tear it down to the block, and then say it's not about power

HP is literally a function of torque

Fucking this.

all you faggots dont realize that this car is not supposed to be that road ripper that leaves car shows in a burnout and spins out, wrecking his car(ahem, mustangs). one of the only shows you see this car in on video is a fucking slow moving parade, thats all its supposed to be for. Now im not saying that it should be a 20 hp slowpoke, but 140(which, right now, we dont even know if it's that low) is perfectly reasonable for a car at this age and weight. Sure, it'd be nice to have some leftover power, but it doesnt need it. and thats all that matters

>built the engine to last, not for power.
m8 the 302 can take a hell of a beating still run fine.

yup guys didn't want to be pushing north of 200hp from my iron 5.0L v8. really don't want to strain my engine now. tip top kek

>its a car for car shows
No its nothing more than a failed MEME CAR at this point 2bhwu.

Nice, only 90hp less than my bone stock 289 from 1964

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Tourque is how far you will take it.

>this car is not supposed to be that road ripper that leaves car shows in a burnout and spins out
Yet he proceeded with all that work and all those parts just to make 140hp.

lol.

Clearly something doesn't add up famila

lol furfag reviews got BTFO

Hp is torque over time where rpm is the measurement of time

If that's the case, why not just keep the 144? He literally somehow managed to downgrade an engine by throwing money at it.

the 302 is just a bigger version of the 289. just bigger bore size. and good 289s are harder to find than a unfucked virgin...

>HP is literally a function of torque
Yes that's why they calculate the torque from the HP. The HP is the measurable component on the dyno.

I don't get what you're arguing. You can measure for either

>Yet he proceeded with all that work and all those parts just to make 140hp.

What do you mean by "all that work"? rebuilding an engine? He did most of that work himself, with bruce overseeing it/doing the more difficultt work. At the worst, i see this as a learning experience, doing this was something clearly this guy had a dream of doing, and he did it. I dont see the problem here. A majority of the work went into things other than the engine work anyway. Like suspension, body work, interior work, etc. That's something he would have had to do anyway.

>If that's the case, why not just keep the 144?

Please tell me where he's going to find all the new parts for a 50 year old engine rebuild. His end goal was "remaking" the car, the stock engine would not have worked.

Look I'm not saying it isnt a bit disappointing that it ended up underpowered, but at this point, it really doesnt matter. It runs, and it can go to shows, power can be added later on without doing are rebuild if he really wants it.

because user said >>reading wrong RPM
>This actually makes a huge difference as it factors into the calculations
when it can read the power without the engine RPM

Something is seriously wrong with the engine if it's really from a 10th gen Thunderbird. The 302 in the 10th gen Thunderbirds made 200hp stock. Obviously they aren't making 200hp anymore but a 60hp drop is fucking ridiculous.

>Please tell me where he's going to find all the new parts for a 50 year old engine rebuild

Summit Racing
Jegs
Craigslist
Ebay
Speedway
PAW
10000 other places

>Please tell me where he's going to find all the new parts for a 50 year old engine

Nigger do you think everyone stops making parts for cars after 10 years or something? How do you think cars from the 50s and before are still on the road?

It's not like the 144 Falcon is a super rare car.

>for a 50 year old engine rebuild
Literally everywhere. I do it all the time.

Eh maybe you guys are right, he probably did expect more power out of it than he got, and it definitely would have been pretty cool to see the original engine rebuilt to make more power, but idk, he decided to take it a different direction, and i respect the way he decided to build it. at the very least, the 302 has a better platform to make more power should he decide he wants it, but other than that you guys have a point

>not liking RCR

Whats it like to have no taste user?

What's it like being 12?

Salty milk and nickels

If it's a T-bird 302 it's the LO version that was also in the Panthers, not the HO version in the Mustang and Mark VII. Meaning 150bhp vs 225bhp stock.

Pretty sure it should be at least 190whp, I've never seen a dyno go negative 50.

to be expected from a furry.

lol wasn't he saying maybe close to 200 in an earlier episode?

>I can outrun the Vagabond in my 5 speed Elantra

why would he use the LO instead of the HO?

its not like its an uncommon engine. Junkyard mustang or even an explorer has the HO 302.
Seems like he didn't think this through very well.

it doesn't really matter when you do a full rebuild w/ cam, intake, headers, carb, fancy pants "muh nostalgia" fuel pump and all that work

>it doesn't really matter when you do a full rebuild
so what happened ?
some how ended up -50hp
reddit reviews must really have no clue what hes doing

140whp piece of shit that overheats at idle hehe

literally that is what I am trying to figure out. like I just don't get it. either that dude who built the car for him really fucked up the timing or something or the distributor is missing a cylinder or some sort of air or fuel issue but I just don't get it.

Thats not RCR guy tho that some trip on Veeky Forums...CVPI I think?

I think the dyno isnt set up right. Apparently they just installed it at the garage and Mr. Regular just uploaded the video not knowing that it was just gonna make people rip on him.

If the dyno wasnt calibrated (and isnt even showing torque), then that is probably a major culprit.

Now we all know dynos vary, greatly, at times.

One thing is obvious, that 5.0 certainly isnt anything other than stock.

Secondly, its possible that there needs to be a correction factor on that HP number.

Thirdly, 5.0 explorers came with 215 HP/288 TQ stock. Well, the majority of 5.0 explorers had 215 HP.

torquemonsterheaders.com/test_results.html

Thats the dyno run for a 215 HP explorer, now its probably far off as well but it was only for comparing dyno runs all made on the same dyno so it didnt really matter to be as "correct" as possible.

But if a 215 HP explorer is putting 157 HP down stock, well, a 190 HP 5.0 out of a thunder bird certainly could be in that ~140 range.

Its downright dumb as fuck to put a 5.0 in a car and NOT add power to it somehow... many mods will net you decent MPG gains while also giving more power. Just like the torque monster on my 98 explorer do.

the average power loss from an automatic transmission is anywhere from 10 to 20 percent. this is a pretty efficiency based stock auto that isn't sapping /that/ much power. So how much error do you think the dyno is producing? 10%? 20%?

the math isn't adding up with all the work in it.

you're lucky you own a pair of torque monsters. They are basically impossible to find now.

the sperglord himself

>98 explorer
>impossible to find
not really

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5849334989.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5847741781.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5832169616.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5846411393.html

you fucking tard

torque monsters headers are impossible to find

no shit there is no shortage of explorers

oh yeah, I agree. honestly that's why I want GT40's instead of the Ps just because I don't want to get some assbackwards one use only header that costs a fuckload all for like 15 hp.

An illusion? what are you hiding...

>the thing fucks up its pushrods
>HMM NEED STRONGER PUSHRODS
>fucks up the even stronger pushrods
>HMMM NEED REALLY REALLY EXPENSIVE STRONGER PUSHRODS
>SOMETHING TOTALLY ISN'T WRONG HERE, ITS THE PUSHRODS
This whole thing was a fucking hilarious shitshow
"Hey I'm building up a classic car and by "I" I mean my mechanic, I'll just buy everything."

>I'll just buy everything
Technically his patreon bought everything.

A whole 140?
Thats incredibly fast
Thats almost as fast as their v6 auto mustang that reaches 0-60 in a whopping 9 seconds
if it was faster than that it'd be supercar-tier

Yeah, I got them over a year ago from someone on explorer forums.

OBX made a clone of the TM headers and they sold them for $399 and they were very popular. I bought a pair of them when they were on eBay for my friend. It seems they only did one run of the OBX clones and now those too are quite rare.

Yes, its about an extra ~18 HP but you gain much more in the torque area, 40 ft/lbs, hence the name, this is literally with just bolting them on. No tuning needed.

+18 HP and + 40 ft/lbs is pretty god damn good for a bolt on. Installing them is a royal pain in the ass so the benefit of them is basically nullified unless you have $500 to pay to the shop for 10 hours of labor.

The power was immediately noticeable, ill say that. I even got 22 MPG on a 150 mile trip on the highway. Thats pretty fucking good for an AWD 5.0 explorer with 240K miles.

furfagcarreviews will never release a video where he rags on retarded hipsters giving all their money to a shop for a crappy piece of shit poocar

yfw people unironically give furfagreviews money

>fully restores old, economy 4 door car with auto trans
>puts in shit windsor smog era block to top it off

>that's why they calculate torque from the HP

If you are gonna talk shit at least try google.

HP is a function of torque and RPM. You cant change HP without changing torque or RPM. Its literally a fucking math calculation.

You increase torque? you increase HP
You increase the RPM redline while the torque isn't going down to the grand canyon? you increase top HP

It also still overheats. The radiator is too small or some shit.

No it aint. Its the thermostat

I mean, he's pretty honest about his reviews.
And by the standard of furries, he's pretty good looking.

In my experience, the fan and fan shroud are the most important part of that shit