Hyundai N-Sport

When will Hyundai ever get respect?
They hired Audi's chief designer to lead their design overhaul a few years ago.
They hired the chief of BMW's M division to lead Hyundai N Sport
They get a constant stream of talent from CalArts.

What else do they need?
youtube.com/watch?v=fnZvrHNsjDo

they're definitely doing things better, but it's still going to take a while before they're more respected. Wait until the chinks enter the US market

They needed to not make bad cars 20 years ago

whoa, dick move

You think this mid engined monstrosity will get a race variant?

holy shit just lok at that thing
got any ass shots? I need to know if its as bad as I think it is

Doesn't look too bad honestly.

>that rear visibility
user that looks worse than I thought'd it be

Looks like most of the car is a fucking window, it might not be that bad.

Is this supposed to be a fucking real car?

maybe if that huge spoiler wasn't there, maybe
but even then that looks like it ends way too high

>What else do they need?

They need to be able to make a roadcar that can hang with the likes of M, AMG, F, etc. Doing okay-ish in motorsport is fine, but casuals don't watch motorsport. By making a fast roadcar, they'd be appealing to the lowest common denominator.

rubbin is racin bitch.

korean cars are just cheap japanese knockoffs lmao

they will never get respect until north korea stops being one of the shittiest places on earth they can't even get their country together who gives a shit about their automotive industry except weird old cucks that actually bought a genesis

Jesus, it looks even more ridiculous than that one-off mid-engined twin turbo W12-powered Golf.

It's like the heir to the RenaultSport Clio RS.

Turning the Genesis into an M3, making it cheaper, and making it look good but slightly different will bring bucketloads of money once people establish that the car is good.

Hyundai and Kia are known to be cheap tacky looking Korean shitboxes that nobody wants. Of course the new ones are actually pretty good and new Kia's look pretty good, but Hyundai is going to nee to learn how to make a badge look good (Hyundai and genesis badges look terrible), and give the impression that the interior is made from the skin of a golden dodo's arse, even if it's not.

Riced Veloster

All you post valid points. I was seriously against owning Hyundai till I got a 2017 Elantra. After getting used to it, it earned my trust and it's everything I needed and wanted. Handsome too. Unlike the previous generation ugly Elantras. I was extremely xenophobic and biased since I knew North Korea is shit, but I happen to really love this car

Im the guy posting they are jap knockoffs.

One thing I respect about Hyundai is their business model, not the product. The reason they are coming up in USA is they have great warranties and if you don't care about performance they are actually good cars interior wise if you just wanna go for a blunt ride and listen to music with friends. Hyundai was one of the first companies to start really going all in with aggressive taillights on econo shitboxes. It obviously worked well enough for them because every major manufacturer is following suit, even Toyota and leas surprisingly Nissan.

My friend has an Elantra - bought new. Like any car - you take care of it and it takes care of you. He could have traded it in for 10k at 40kmiles but he held onto it. If you're broke as they aren't bad just don't epect to reach the 300k mile club as easily like most Jap designs.

2door Elantras are rare but cool imo in that very chill car nerds buy them and they usually know what they're doing and make nice cheap stickshift cars to save money in and resale before you need a timing belt changed.

Having driven one a bit througg friends I can say they have shitty small steering wheels, power steering whines and belts whine. All of this is easily fixed. Anyone dedicated to tastefully owning a car will end up changing the steering wheel more often than not. Even in a Hyundai lmao.

to be honest, its ugly as fuck for me, but i am thrilled that those gooks have started making original designs.

i don't even care if its their usual fisher price tier build quality, this is a massive step in the right directiion.

t. user who usually shits all over gook cars for unoriginal design

Looks like crap

If you think the new elantra looks good then you have to be declared clinically blind

Also these gook shit never really improved their reliability. Even considering them is beyond me