/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Best Captain Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/
Watch the Animal Crossing direct here: youtube.com/watch?v=5Bk3dAR0M68
Watch the Miitopia direct here: youtube.com/watch?v=1iB-pnZc4DI

>Important News
「!」Nintendo Confirms Wii U Production Ending: ign.com/articles/2016/11/10/nintendo-officially-announces-wii-u-production-is-ending-in-japan
「!」Nintendo comments on NES Classic Edition stock: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124318706601984
「!」Discover Exclusive Starter Z-Moves and New Ultra Beasts in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=xguGMeEWhhs
「!」Animal Crossing New Leaf receives Welcome amiibo Update: youtube.com/watch?v=3kirYVnVWGo
「!」Dragon Quest VIII launch date and trailer announced: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/794207542846963713
「!」Croagunk revealed for Pokken Tournament: youtube.com/watch?v=j24Fo-lTEVk
「!」Official Nintendo Switch presentation set for Jan 12th: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400
「!」Introducing the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
「!」Nintendo reveals sampling of third party support for the Switch: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/789155375526260736
「!」New Super Mario game revealed for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/new-super-mario-game-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Splatoon/Mario Kart 8 enhanced ports/new entries teased for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/whats-new-in-splatoon-and-mario-kart-for-nintendo-switch

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/kCWsQtY6
Wii U - pastebin.com/t9LbX6Wf

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2016/11/20/am2r-pokemon-uranium-are-no-longer-nominees-for-the-game-awards-best-fan-creation-category/
gematsu.com/2016/11/lego-city-undercover-coming-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc-spring-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what games are on sale for Black Friday/After Thanksgiving?

Kinda hope A Link Between Worlds and Paper Jam is

So when do you start getting into 200cc races in MK8 online?

150 is already feeling 2slow.

You are but a mere child.
You are not ready.

I already three-starred most of the grand prix cups on 200.

Which My Little Baby game is better to start with?

>the newly-made thread is about to die
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

>yfw the English release of Persona 5 was actually delayed to coincide with the Switch port that will be announced in January

>page 10
P A T H E T I C

P T E I E T P
A H T C T H A

p a t h e t i c
a i
t s t
h a e
e 9 h
t e t
i a
c i t e h t a p

A man can hope.

splattershot pro is the best weapon and i will fight anyone who says otherwise

you right

Don't tell anyone but I like to post this on /v/ so that everyone laughs at it. :^)

Do you tell them to read the disclaimer at the bottom?

Every time I update the 3DS chart I look on the Facebook page of that Kickstarter VN from like 2 years ago and it still isnt finished and the guy has yet to confirm the New 3DS port even when he teased it months ago.

I edited that out

xD

>recommended games list

Would you köhaitachi recommend the following?

>River City Tokyo Rumble (Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short)

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai [JP]

Are you not able to do that thing where you register your hardware on Club Nintendo to get some neat little goodies anymore?

No, now we only have My Nintendo and it's trash.

wow ok

mynintendonews.com/2016/11/20/am2r-pokemon-uranium-are-no-longer-nominees-for-the-game-awards-best-fan-creation-category/

ahahahahahahhahahaahahaha

Lets trade FCs for swapdoodle!

1478-8065-4428

Nintendogs, pls advise me:

Sure, 4914-4236-8209

added

>tfw your too intelligent for zelda games

Adding you both!
4957 7310 0307

>tfw you're too inteliigent for RP"G"s

I have about 25 3DS games, 100 NDS games, and 25 GBA games ready to play on a o3DS I'll be giving to my niece for Christmas. What will her reaction be when she opens her present?

Can I play Pokémon Go on this?

"Mommy? W-Why does uncle have so many games with little girls in mini-skirts hurting animals?"

All joking aside, I hope you have Nintendogs+ or something like that there. Or maybe she loves whatever your collection consists of.

EARTHQUAKE HAPPENING

TSUNAMI HAPPENING

SERVERS GOING DOWN FOREVER

uh oh. be safe, japanbros.

yeah yeah yeah

add /ink/ to the tags next time ;_;

Yeah we should have done that now but the thread was made at like 4 AM when I was not here.

Question for the /3dsg/ friends. If I buy a NA n3ds and send it to somebody in another country will it work for them and will a usb charger be enough to power it or nah?

My n3ds won't charge with a usb charger if the screen is on, in sleep mode it charges slowly.

Fuck paying Nintendo for an official one though.

3ds is region locked, so unless they plan on modding it or importing all their games, i wouldn't advise it.

I had Flipnote Studio 3D on my old and busted 3DS. I got a new 3DS a few days ago, is there any way I can download it again? It was a Club Nintendo exclusive download that's only been offered twice in NA so far.

If you didn't delete it from your old 3DS, can't you do a system transfer between old and the new consoles?

It's broken.

What about your old memory card? What happened when you put it in? If the game is in there maybe the new 3ds will recognize it?

if you have a nintendo network id, it should be downloadable when you log in. if not, nintendo support might give it back if you call.
that won't work, sd data is tied to individual systems.

there's always custom firmware, i'm not sure why you want flipnote studio though

I don't actually have access to the old memory card right now, so I can't test that at the moment. Will try it as soon as I can, unless is correct.

I didn't have a Nintendo Network ID when I got it, I got it from Club Nintendo. Which has been discontinued, apparently? I think it was a download code.
Wonder why they haven't just thrown it on the eShop.

I'd rather not delve into that sort of stuff. I want Flipnote Studio because animating is fun and it's a really good tool for it and it brings back memories of Flipnote Studio and Flipnote Hatena I had on the DSi.

it really won't work lol. all you can do at this point is call support, and i'm sure they'll restore it (and any other digital downloads you had on your old 3ds)

Alright, I'll try calling them tomorrow. Thanks a million!

The lock is software based, only games won't work if they are not of the same region (regions are America+SA+Middle East, Europe+Australia, Japan and a few weird ones like Korea).

FreeShop or installing the .cia manually.

That's not how it works. If it did, anyone could pirate like that.

>I'd rather not delve into that sort of stuff.
You should. A non-modded 3DS isn't a 3DS worth owning right now.
If you aren't on 11.2 yet, don't update, slowhax is coming soon.
If you are on 11.2, I guess you could wait for veryslowpidhax, but I don't know if someone is actually going to bother with it and it'd definitely be annoying for you.
It's really easy to do if you aren't on 11.0 and it will be easy even on 11.1 by January.

>If I buy a NA n3ds and send it to somebody in another country will it work for them
Yes if you mod it, like you should.

Holy shit shut the fuck up no one wants you in this thread.

>You should.
I shouldn't. I'm really bad at managing that kind of technical stuff and I don't want to be stuck on old versions and shit. I don't mind paying for the software that I'll be using my 3DS for, as I've really only used it as a Pokemon machine up to this point.

I got a couple nintendogs versions, some other girly games, and everything that got good reviews but is rated E10 at the most.

Anyone play Dragon Ball Fusions? Is it any good?

It's out?

Comes out tomorrow in the U.S. Has been out a while in Japan.

Wait, really? If the system is tied to the Nintendo account, I thought it would work.

That brings me to a question, then. I have a 32GB sd card on my OG 3DS, when this bundle arrives will I be able to simply copy the game to my 32 gb sd card and then do a system transfer?

Forgot image.

>I'm really bad at managing that kind of technical stuff
Right now, on the 3DS, once you finished the installation process (which is really easy now) there's nothing to manage. Everything will work like it normally does.

>I don't want to be stuck on old versions
After you have installed it you don't need anything else, you can always update with no problems.

>I don't mind paying for the software that I'll be using my 3DS for, as I've really only used it as a Pokemon machine up to this point.
You guys always try to force it as a piracy thing and yet you still end up having problems because of region locks and free stuff that you lost. Don't you see that this is dumb?

>tell people to go away
>waaaaaaah why is my thread dead )))))))=

>I have a 32GB sd card on my OG 3DS, when this bundle arrives will I be able to simply copy the game to my 32 gb sd card and then do a system transfer?
Yes, that works, because it's the same console (and hasn't been formatted).

Real question why are you getting SMM out of all things?

Always wanted to buy the Wii U version, but too poor to actually buy a Wii U. Even if they are around the same price range with a N3DS, I am already committed to my 3ds library, so why not try the handheld version of the game, you know?

It doesn't bother you that the 3DS version has no online? I'd just wait for the inevitable Switch version.

The game won't have online upload (No ID searching), which I am fine with it, but it will have online download of selected / random Wii U levels and streetpass sharing. I live on a campus that doesn't support 3DS internet anyway, so I see no problem with just creating levels by myself, occassionally getting random levels from strangers and if I manage to connect to the unsupported wireless here I can download a few courses maybe. Perhaps Nintendo will come around and patch online sharing sometime later.

add /ink/ to the tags please

>Perhaps Nintendo will come around and patch online sharing sometime later.

SINE
COSINE
TANGENT

Well shit. I'm a Europoor and looking to buy a 3ds XL.
Apparently Amazon.de has a 3DS XL for 100€ today only, but it's only the pink version and no cover plates exist
I don't really like pink in anything desu but then i have to gamble for an actual black friday sale

We are probably going to already have homebrew for that by the time it comes, if it does.

My old OG 3DS bricked itself as I was trying to update my CFW and shit, so now I'm looking for a New 3DS

There's a limited edition that will be on sale for black friday for $100. Should I get that? Or look for a slightly discounted New 3DS XL ? I guess in terms of hackability and for actual gaming

I know this isn't tech support general, but bear with me for a second.

tl;dr my 3DS got splashed with water because it was charging near the kitchen's sink

The 3DS was still running when I got to it hours later, DB Fusions post-fight screen was there, but I'm having problems with my buttons: A and B probably are humid inside, as they are mushy and don't work 2 out of 3 times. L or R (I can't really tell) is stuck because it keeps cycling through the menus' tabs

What can I do in this situation? It's already turned off and I left it on top of a towel to dry, do I have to pry the thing open to clean it? It's still dripping a bit of water from god knows where

sun/moon spoilers
>long-drawn out cutscene that looks like Lusamine will actually die, which is surprising for a pokemon game
>"lol she'll be fine just carry her pls guzma"
fuck that

>my 3DS got splashed with water because it was charging near the kitchen's sink
niger u dum

I kind of am

The full story is that I'm back at my parents' house for Thanksgiving and the whole family is here, so it's a battle for outlets since everyone has decided to own a phone, a tablet, a kindle and whatever else has a big shiny screen and attracts normies

The only free outlet I could get was in the kitchen, side by side with the appliances and such. It wasn't actually near the actual sink, but on top of the cabinet. My aunt, being the family member that likes to help maybe a bit too much, decided to wash it (without checking for anything nearby), therefore my 3DS was soaking in a bit of water for hours

That lady is a fucking retard.
However, you're partially to blame for not just unplugging one of your family's normieboxes. What are they going to do about it?

And another thing. Don't you have a bedroom there? Or is this a house your parents bought after you moved out?

>However, you're partially to blame for not just unplugging one of your family's normieboxes. What are they going to do about it?
I should have done that, but my entire family (except my parents) are incredibly technically inept. If I tried to explain that you don't need a fully charged kindle as they last weeks on half a charge, they would try to argue with me about their cousin's friend etc etc

I do have a bedroom, though one side of the family is already taking it. One side in my old room, another in the guest room, me and my younger cousin relegated to the sofas. "You don't mind sleeping on the couch so your aunt can have your bed, right?". No, mom, I certainly don't mind.

Also, an update on this: I don't have my Nintendo Y screwdriver or a glasses repair kit in hands to open my 3DS, but it's still charging and still turning on, so I'm assuming the damage was superficial, as my L is still stuck and such

Sounds like your biggest problem is a lack of spine.

>No, mom, I certainly don't mind.
Well how about you tell her that instead of writing passive aggressive posts on a Mongoloid Fenga Pappet forum.

Post more

When an electronic device gets wet you're supposed to not turn it on and leave it on a window so the water evaporates

That's a pretty good comparison of the 3DS vs the "New" 3DS. Does anyone know what the Super Mario Edition "New" 3DS coming out Thursday is missing? It's only $99 compared to the current $199 version.

is it possible to have one of each eeveelution pokemon in sun and moon or is it only possible to get one?

gematsu.com/2016/11/lego-city-undercover-coming-ps4-xbox-one-switch-pc-spring-2017

ANOTHER WII U EXCLUSIVE LOST

ALERT

ALERT

MAAAAMMA MIIIIAAAAA!!!!

When is Nep going to be on WiiU? I really thought that Nep U game was going to be for it.

MAMMA MIA

But well at least it's coming to Switch too.

I have less than 100 hours logged on my 2DS and the A Button is already mushy compared to the others :/

>:/

Why are you angry, user?

How is the post game in Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon? I have a birthday offer for 30% off and will probably pick it up if it's good. I loved Explorers of Darkness so if it'still anything like that i'm happy

Born too late to explore the ocean as a seafaring pirate, but born just in time to join the SEA OF THIEVES BETA.

>NoE only implemented the Birthday discounts 3 days after my birthday so I didn't get anything.
Post game in PSMD is pretty good. The Connection Orb mechanic is love-it-or-hate-it because it removes the random missions element and makes it so you don't have to grind missions over and over hoping certain wandering Pokemon will join your party.
It's important to note that the dungeon gameplay is the best in the series but the story is trash.
So I guess it comes down to the question of how much do you love the dungeon-crawling in Mystery Dungeon games.
If you love the dungeon-crawling then get it.
If you don't love the dungeon-crawling then possibly hold off until you can pick up for cheaper and also why are you playing a dungeon-crawler if you don't like dungeon-crawling?

3D Fantasy Zone: The Tears of Opa-Opa is kicking my ass.
I can consistently get up to Round 5 without a problem but that boss demolishes me every time.
And I can't use Weapon Extend time or the coin bank or even start from Round 5. I have to play with the default arcade settings from Round 1 every time or it feels like cheating.

so come and dance with me