How to clear snow from car without scratching paint

So scrapers are obviously for glass only, but can't those bristles scratch your paint? How are you supposed to clear snow from your car without scratching the paint?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rwkvuyY6CKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't live in the land of the ice and snow.

Drive really fast or drift the snow off.

/thread

I wish. Texas...someday.

I like the way you think.

They're not that tough, unless you're using something like those 80's stiff nylon brushes that have hardened over time.

If you want to be super careful then you just use the snow itself to push more snow of. Use the brush to make a compact layer of snow beneath it, then push that compact snow & take more with it

You could also consider a full tarp, which is what I used for the three years I studied & didn't have access to a carport/garage

Water.

Dude just kinda clear off the window so you can see then drive fast. Snow.blows off.and is satisfying as fuck, especially if you're getting high on the way to work which you obviously are.

Obviously it'll blow off if you go fast enough.

Mighttbenz used his old pic so I'm going to too.

That homo

Great idea you throw a snow wall at the people behind you

Use a scraper to clear off mirrors and windows, then I use my jacket to just swipe it off the hood and let the rest blow off.

Throw boiling water on the windshield

*CRAAAACK*

God gave you two of them user. Wear some waterproof gloves if you are a pussy.

It's like you guys don't even live where 4' of snow is common.

>How are you supposed to clear snow from your car without scratching the paint?

I put my hand and forearm inside one of those plastic grocery bags. The top part is cinched with one of those binder style paper clips so snow doesn't get in. I then push the snow off the car's surfaces. The bag keeps my hand dry.

When done, shake the bag sort of dry and put it in the rear seat footwell or passenger seat footwell to dry off whatever little bit of moisture sticks to it. Recycle it for the next time.

I also use a plastic bag instead of a brush. I let the snow push the other snow off. I don't let the bag touch the paint. While the car is running, I let the air inside get warm as it comes out of the vents. I have the running lights on to melt any ice on them. At that point, I make sure all doors are unlocked and get out of the running car. I get the snow on the roof first. Then the windows as the ice has let go of the glass by then. I make sure the wiper well is clear of snow. Then I get the snow off the hood and trunk. Then make sure all lights are clear including the turn signals. Get back in the car.

How long does it take put on and take off? Will it not be damaged by the snow?

Search if they have one for the model of your car.
Just put it on. Takes a solid 2 minutes.

No these tarps are made to protect the car

>Drive fast
>In snow

>See that shit blowing off in sheer thin sheets from your windshield and hood
>slowly getting to see more and more of your paint exposed from its white blanket

Awh yeah nigga that is literally the best feeling.

Kek

I use my hand.

this, testicles work best.

I use a soft brrom to clean the big chuncks of snow.
For what little is left afterwards I just get on the highway and blast down at 110-120 km/h and the winds take care of the rest.
If the snow has hardened pee on it to show dominance.

leaf blower for fluffy shit, a nice soft foam brush for the wet shit. you'll get some scratches, but not as many as the bristle brushes.

they certainly are soft and warm

I do this too if it's dry and powdery snow, great feeling seeing it just evaporate into air once you start moving, if it's sunny and cold enough it reflects sun light nicely too. Wet snow is annoying though

It's like you guys are poorfags who don't have a garage with heating and warm water.

This will get you a ticket in most places. It's a hazard.

Do this OP, what are you, a faggot?

Windshield is tempered, dummy.

That's fucking funny. They often crash and die because they can't see, or swerve to avoid it and end up hitting a tree.

:^)
youtube.com/watch?v=rwkvuyY6CKY

This is my car! :^)

flame thrower

>Fargo man

This shit happened to me last winter.
>Driving 65 on highway right after ice storm
>Oklahoma so ice on highways is almost always cleared off by the next day
>Some dipshit in an SUV driving in front of me
>Slow down a bit because my exit's coming up
>Giant (3x3, maybe 4x4)sheet of ice flies of the top of his SUV and slams into my windshield
It didn't break the glass or anything, but I was fucking pissed. Left a nifty little dent and took the paint off of a spot near the back of my car's hood.

>not having winter beater

Let it melt you retard

Perhaps you shouldn't have been tailgating?