AW11 MR2

I'm buying Veeky Forums's favorite car, an AW11 MR2, however the issue is.... It's done 240,000 KM's on the clock, I'm using this as a daily, am I fucked or is this thing going to just shit turds and die in a corner?

bump, mr2's cost less than a pile of black slaves in the 1400's and I've been thinking of buying one.

buy it, faggot

Mine had 230,000 kms on the clock when I bought it two years ago, and I've been dailying it since then without issue.

That's nothing.

>>"am I fucked or is this thing going to just shit turds and die in a corner?"

>>"Im fucked and this thing is going to just shit turds and die in a corner"

FTFY

kys

>shit turds

Lol you are already ready for the fun car game. Just be ready to blow a grand on headgaskets or whatever. Like expect something to break, budget a grand or two in savings for emergency and you can drive whatever old cool car you grew up crashing in gran trusimo. The thing most ppl dont do is give themselves that cushion, turn their otherwise easy fix into a lemon and sell it on craigslist to someoene that is about that life.

depends on how its been maintained

Same fags.

This is the realest advice you can get on Veeky Forums.

A lot of people over extend what they can actually afford. You need to have that buffer to handle unexpected problems. Dont buy into this unless you can put plates on it and pay off insurance for a year without blinking.

You get a fun car from the 90s and can commit to fixing it and working hard if youre short on money then yeah but ppl look at ahit like this, think "oh i can afford exactly the buy in price" and get sucked into the life of an unfinished project car

No? Go back to /b/ faggot newfag

This can be said for any car, my SW20 has done 265,000 km's and is still kicking with no issues.

make sure it's rust free. being that its a unibody frame, when it starts to rot underneath, it becomes structurally unsound. I DD'd mine and when it would rain the carpet underneath my feet soaked through. it wasn't even worth keeping and I sold it dirt cheap to someone who turned it into a rally car.

It was extremely fun while I had it though. Make sure when you test drive it to check that it doesn't pop out of 5 gear into neutral too easily by applying a bit of pressure on the shifter while cruising in a straight line. A lot of high milage MR2's have that problem.

If you apply light or semi light pressure to the shifter with your index finger while your driving in 5th gear and it slips into neutral, walk away.

Why don't you get another one?

Bought an MK3 Supra in really good condition for $2,200 with the intent of turning it into a full blown paul walker-mobile...without any understanding of how much that would actually cost.

Ended up selling the Supra for a bit more than I paid for it and bought an NA Miata. One day (probably after I go on a deployment and am sitting on 10+K) it will get an LS1 and the works. And that will be the car I drive until I get an electric vehicle.

I can't find any other thread about MR2's so I'm just going to use this as a MR2 general thread.

Some of you may recognize my car as I've posted it here a bit, but I've got some bad news.. Someone backed into the MemeR2.

Does anyone know where I can find the front passenger quarter panel online? I can find plenty of driver's sides but I can't for the life of me find passenger side. Just wondering if the body shop will even be able to fix it and hoping my full coverage won't choose to total the car over it.

how mexican are you

My biggest worry is how much the shop will charge to color match the custom paint, if they can even get it perfect, that is.

I don't think that's saying much

Dude, I feel so bad for you. Your insurance won't cover?

They will but I'm worried if the bodyshop will be able to even fix it.

Buy a new panel off ebay, find the color code and have the shop make it just a touch lighter to compensate for the fade over the years. Ask them just to paint it and put it back on yourself.

and by a touch, I mean ever so slightly lighter when they mix the paint.

replace that asap. had a dent in that same spot on my car from some sperg hitting me.
that caved in bit of the panel will get stuck under the door and cause paint on the door to come off.

Look Veeky Forums. Am I one of you now?