There is no better new Sports coupe under 60k

Its a Miata on steroids, and for less than 60k it can be yours.

>237 HP
>2,465 lbs
>Sexy

Put your overpriced camaros away and crowd plowing mustangs away. This is the best sports car for under 60k new.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_jUmqnDAIc
youtu.be/CRH-LbvV_-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, no thanks. I like to drive my cars, not wait for them to get repaired every week.

You're right OP

It could have been great BUT hasn't a proper gearbox.
Another example of good italian engineering and design but shitty Management-decisions.

>60k
>237 HP

Wow what a great deal

Veeky Forums hates exotics and interesting sport-cars with great design and looooves shitty, reliable and ugly Toyotas.
Why are you even posting? Go back to your ricer.

youtube.com/watch?v=7_jUmqnDAIc

It weighs less than your mothers fat ass.

You don't understand power to weight do you retard . kys

not only that , its alfa too so its huge piece of shit

>muhhrr durr ho never saw an Alfa irl but keep on shitposting

Hold on everyone in the thread, everyone take a look at this picture.

You should all be sufficiently disappointed on what is going on here.

(Comparing a Toyota pretend sports car to real sports cars)

it's going to depreciate like a rock

Amerifucks are worse shitpostersm than the germs.
But there is a huge difference: Germans at least build well-made cars.
Don't forget dear burgers: In europe we laugh about people who drive burger-cars and I'm not even joking. Your "car-culture" is just ridiculous.

Quality thread op. I 100% agree with you.

Any post rebuking this claim is objectively WRONG!

AUTOMATIC

car-fascists.
There are three completely different "cheap" sportscars from three different countries with different pros and cons.
As a car-enthusiast: STFU and enjoy diversity! All three awesome!

Won't happen. Prices will go up in the next few years.

yet the frs looks better than any of them

>new ZL1 Camaro that set new burgerking dollar menu time
>10 speed DCT

even burgers know a superior transmission when they see one

He meant the 4C doesn't offer one (hurr let's make a SOUL AND PASSHUN feelsy sports car automatic only). The ZL1 does

Germans build cars so Americans can buy them while the Germans are stuck with their 316is and 1.2 Polos

Everytime someone makes fun of italian passion in their cars I'm completely sure, they have NEVER driven an italian sportscar. Makes me feel warm and comfy

I make fun of it all the time and I've driven hundreds of Italian sportscars. You know who else makes fun of it? Everyone else that works on or drives them that isn't Italian.

Oh I see. Bobby McFatfuck (never came outside the bible belt) here thinks he knows something about Europe and which cars they drive. Sweet.
Again: Ask Europeans what they think of american cars! I bet 90% will say that they are a complete joke.
And that's right.

"Hundreds"

My sides. Need for speed doesn't count, Billy.

I like the idea, but:
Kidney destroying ride, no power steering that WILL make your hands bleed after 45 minutes of driving (it's the stitching on the steering wheel that cuts into your necessary GI Joe grip), the car meanders on roads.
It's a track car. It's no good for anything else.

Yep, you can only drive hundreds of cars if you play video games, there is no line of work where you constantly encounter one brand or nationality of cars and deal with different ones each day. Want to tell me more about how good your diesel Fiat is?

Pretty much this.
But I guess it's hella fun! Saw and heard one last week in the city. It's unbelievable how this little thing sounds. If there is one single thing italians can do better than anyone else: Sound

italian "cars"

Holy shit, you are serious aren't you?
Poor boy.:-(

American "engineering"

If I had the disposable income to buy a $60,000 part time weekend car I would buy one. I'd have to be wealthy and not give a shit about expensive toys though.

>no manual

could have been good. would rather drive a hopped up brz than that desu

>no power steering

You faggots bitch SO MUCH about power steering, and then when you finally get a new car without it, it's listed as a con.

Fucking hell I hate each and every one of you.

Why wouldn't I be serious?

$55k c7 is 5 seconds faster around Laguna Seca

This gentleman here is right.
WHY THE HELL NO MANUAL ALFA?! Why????
This could have been a REAL classic!
Low-weight, hand-made, extraordinary design, carbon-shit everywhere, no comfort at all, no servo etc.
Without auto it could have been lighter as well! Stupid Alfa, fucking Marchionne.

Yeah but it's ugly and pigfat. I'll take the fun unreliable Italian car over the fast unreliable GM trash.

Yeah, try driving a DD without it in the city. Tell me how heavenly and enjoyable the experience is.
Fucking teenagers lol.

>missing the point this fucking hard

Who gives a shit? I could tune the fuck out of your own ricer-shitbox and be faster than some sportcar. Where is the point? It's about looks, it's about sound and it's about emotions (well, yes I know you neckbeard-virgin-robots don't know what that is).

So there are some sane people on Veeky Forums. Kek be praised

Enjoy being slow in your 60k pigfat miata I guess

>be burger
>doesn't know what corners are

For you, Joe: youtu.be/CRH-LbvV_-c

(4C beating pigfat Corvette around Vallelunga)

> lap times
> laguna seca

Where's your car?

>Laguna Seca

user

That's not how you spell Tsukuba

You didn't have a point user. You made an assumption.

The only thing that ruins how it looks is a front plate in in countries and states where displaying a front plate is neccessary.

You sound like an asshurt Miatafag.

I remember one of my teachers in primary had a black 159. It looked mean as fuck.

Nobody cares for the opinions of cucks who gave their women to the Syrians.

Go cling to your crumbling EU.

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm glad to see you're still as full of shit as always.

Posted murmurous times.
Have leased one. Is great. DCT is GOAT
however it is a pure track toy. It doesn't take daily driving well. The GOAT DCT is fragile which is the only downside. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so fragile in stock form. Without even adding power (like you'd need to) it has an estimated life of 50k miles.
I am the definition of an Alfa fanboy but even I can't defend the current state of the 4C. Save yourself the headache and get a 155 Q4 imported that is actually worth the headache

just watched the video you linked.
The corvette won their race.

I tried asking a bunch of European citizens about American cars but all they said was ALLAHU ACKBAR

WRONG

stingray

ahem

how do I make love to this

where does benis go

with a slight power upgrade it would have been so much better something around 300 would have been perfect

More like an elise.

Its still a shitty power to weight ratio though, especially for 60k. I dont think anyone here realizes that you could gut an old camaro or stang, put a sbf or sbc in it, do subframe welds, coilovers/sways/control arms, clear some 10 or 11 inch slicks with stiff lo pro sidewalls, and have a car for 10 grand thats faster than anything out there under the 60k price point....maybe apart from putting slicks on a super snake or some niche super high hp car. But I just have a 700hp irs car on 00 treadwear tires, so i dont know as much as the other people here with hondas and miatas.

>german reliability

Base vette..this one actually for 47k

And neither do you

I DD'd a carburetted, no a/c, no power steering car.

Shit was cash, awesome car.

In a light enough car it ain't a problem.

ITT: Butthurt miata owners trying to justify a 60k brz.

Shit "posters"

Go back to /dbt/

>missing the point so hard you STILL can't see it

>4C
>best

B
T
F
O

A Miata with 10-20K in mods

>faster
>cheaper
>more reliable
>manuel transmicion
>pop-up headlights

still prefer my elise on the track, thank you

>I tried asking a bunch of European citizens about American cars but all they said was ALLAHU ACKBAR

>muh "fastest"

Please leave Veeky Forums dear fatman.

I love mine but fully admit it isn't for everyone. It's the car that all the enthusiasts bitch at companies to make and then, when they do, refuse to buy because it isn't comfy enough. People like to think they're much more hardcore or enthusiast than they really are.

This. Just get a Mustang or Camaro.

The automatic was a mistake.

Have you actually test drove one?
The handling of the Miata completely shits on the Alfa.

It's like the Alfa was designed in a computer by new engineers and never actually test driven. It's sad. On paper it should be good. Carbon fiber chassis, beautiful, MR, pretty good power/weight, light weight. But it's not.

An Exige is just plain superior, and you can get a used one for a decent price. It's lighter, has proper aero, world class handling, etc.

Supercharged toybaru with sticky tyres and better suspension vs Alfa 4C.
That would be an interesting head to head.
Similar p/w, the Alfa would cost 25k more but is just way more special.

Why the fuck would I buy this over a Cayman/Boxster?

>better looking
>smaller and lighter
>more exclusivity

Got a chance to sit it one. It was awful.
I'm 6'3'' and I just couldn't fit my knees were in the steering wheel. The seats actually don't adjust at all.

When will us lanklets learn.

As much as I like alfas, I adore Lotuses. One question:
US return when?

It is not available with a manual transmission.

And since this is a toy car, that means I'm buying for fun. Autos, paddle or not, are not fun. Which is probably why these things are nailed to the lot here.
Pay me to race for you? Ok gimme the dsg and paddles. Spending my own money for a fun car? I want to be as involved as possible in the driving process.

>Lighter
>No Turbo
>Same Power
>Open top

Best

I've driven one, I don't have much to compare it to. Closest thing to that I've driven was a maserati granturismo. It was a light, fun car with plenty of power. The handling was pretty damn good. Only downside is the slight turbo lag is a bit disconnecting. I think it's a tad overpriced, but thats because of the carbon fiber tub.
If you are hating on this car, that would change the moment you get to wind it out.

TONIGHT ON "DUMB COMPARISONS"

Why is it dumb? The only difference is that the Alfa comes with a fixed roof.

Ugly.

Yes you are

You are out of your god damn mind.

Supposed to be Lotus Elan level of light, yet still ways well over a tonne even with a 4pot, no power steering, 3 buttons in the interior and carbon fibre.

That's only 100-180 kg lighter than a 20 year old hatchback I drive which is made mostly from thick steel and heavy glass.

And this is the most idiot comment of the entire thread

It's too wide, and you can't pop the trunk. POS Italia.

Eurofags can't understand what owning a corvette means.

We also have faggots in europe, huh

Handling is a bit poor, no manual gearbox.
Close, but too far

The 4C is gorgeous but loses out to the other two.
The 86 is a better sports car and far more practical.
The Elise is a far better sports car and just as practical.

Besides it's sensational looks, it is a bit of a failure.

Hopefully they make a Quadrafoglio version which fixes the handling.