How old should a car be?

strawpoll.me/11520698

did you say something OP? I was distracted

>8+ years winning

apparently Veeky Forums is full of poor people

>8+ years is winning
you poorfags

Veeky Forums is full of people who prefer mechanical engineering over electronic nannies being standard.

Six because you get over the but it's only 5 years old and you can dump it on the 8+ fags for a premium

i voted for everything except the extremes

This poll was set up terribly. You could set cars back to 25 years and begin to see variation in that category.

I think it's better to buy cars after 10 years as most have just received their "refresh" such as timing belts and struts without me having to touch much.

20+ years becomes a problem as rubber everywhere is just falling apart at that point.

exactly

"muh bluetooth oyvey"

don't people realize that within 10 years bluetooth probably won't be the standard?

>le "nostalgia for a time I was never a part of" meme
wew lad

4 years is ideal for normal-fag car buying

e.g. you'd be buying a 2012 in 2016

the bulk of the depreciation has already hit, and you're still getting a hefty price tag, but it's probably the best value if you drive a considerable 10K+ miles/yr.

buy a 4 year old car, then drive it into the ground while you save.

after that you're golden because responsible auto buying is a lesson you only need to learn once, then it kind of sticks with you.

>first time "buyers" taking leases
>younger people financing for 48+ months becuase the monthly is "not that much"

Except I've owned multiple cars from '84 on, and driven cars all the way back to '69. I've been driving since '99.

Keep projecting though.

One of the cars i had the most fun driving was a 1974 1500 cc turbocharged beetle, which had 100 and change horses.

You simply don't understand how much fun i'm talking about.

That's not even remotely what he's talking about
>Didn't those guys in the 90s know that within 10 years CDs wouldn't be the standard?
>Didn't those guys in the 80s know that within 10 years tapes wouldn't be the standard?
>Didn't those guys in the 70s know that within 10 years 8 tracks wouldn't be the standard?
kill yourself

anything after 2006 is shit and reaks of planned obsolescence

>you're the only poster on /o
Wew lad

never owned a car that was younger than me. also a friend asked what car to get a DD newer than 2005 and I couldn't think of a single one that wasn't shit

>1974 1500 cc turbocharged beetle
>fun

knowing those cars sounds like a death wish

but that is kinda fun too

whoa wait a minute let me see if i understand

>2016-2 looking for first car
>go to stealership and settle for a 2012 nissan versa
>financed for 60 months
according to Veeky Forums i dun goofed going to a stealership in the first place, and it's all downhill from there. what i don't understand is
>buy a 4 year old car, then drive it into the ground while you save.

>after that you're golden because responsible auto buying is a lesson you only need to learn once, then it kind of sticks with you.
pls elaborate, y'know, for the slow minded.

How much was the sticker price? How much did you pay?

Cars are so fucking cheap and reliable that you don't need to finance or buy from a dealer. I drive a 2003 Ford Falcon and I paid $3500 cash for it.

Cunt.

too much, that's how much. it didn't take an imageboard site for me to know that

$12,000 had 48,000 miles on it, was used a a company car/rental/fleet, then leased for a bit before falling into my hands

fucking rude

My ex GF has the same model/year, she paid $10,000 two years ago.

The dealership bent you over and fucked you dry, then invited another dealership over and DP'd you until your blood became the lube.

I wonder what % you're paying on the finance.

same with you.
What if the majority of Veeky Forums is in his situation?

this

what model did she get? i got the 1.6l sv version. no manual, but great cvt.

again, i know what happened i know my mistake, and i own up to it.

From memory it was the 1.8...SE? It was an auto. Wasn't the sedan, it was a 4 door hatch.

Aircon condenser had a hole in it and I replaced it. Wasn't a bad car, she was a bit of a slag though.

Will you be my new GF?

no because you called me cunt earlier. also after the warranty wears off, and i pay it off. i plan to swap out the auto trans with a manual.

is it a good idea?
im not asking if its possible, because i know it is

I wouldn't attempt a manual conversion on a newish car. It's possible but its uneconomical after you buy the transmission, pedalbox, crossmember, rig up the electronics to fool the engine into thinking it's in neutral all the time..etc etc.

You'd be better off to sell your shitbox and buy another car in manual. In the process you can upgrade to a better car.

Don't be so negative baby, I'll treat you right. You can be my pie and I can be your cream.

nope it's too late, ya dun goofed harder than i did buying this versa

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAME

YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME

>2000 e46 328 in 2007
>2004 e46 m3 in 2015

Feels good man.

Classic or bust, breh

your first mistake was buying a versa
your second mistake was financing 10k for 5 years
your third mistake was not just buying a 9-14 year old civic for 3k.