Waxed your car lately, Veeky Forums?

Waxed your car lately, Veeky Forums?

waxing is good, doing it after every washing

Water should sheet off the car. Not leave bubbles. Dirt stays in the bubbles and sits on the paint.

Wax isn't a surfactant, you'll get bubbles on even surfaces still

Water beads up on my non-waxed car just fine too. Beading is not the best way to tell if there is a wax coat or not. Some of those "waxes" are just blends of wax and silicone oil. TThe protective wax is long gone, but the oil remains behind to make the water bead up even more round. However, that oil doesn't really add any real UV protection or sacrificial protection. It is mostly cosmetic at that point.

Pic of someone else's waxed car.

fuck my tyrpophobia is triggered so hard rn. If you don't know what that is, go ahead and just google image search it.

Yeah go back to tumblr faggot.
>Omg guize look I'm joining in on this phobia bandwagon xDDDDD

I have tyrpophobia too, but thats only triggered if I see a gazillion of holes on a human body

lol

how long will a wax last? will it be gone after the next car wash?

pic related triggers my trypophobia a bit

grosss..

Just waxed both of them last month. I try and wax once a year

last weekend

enjoying this texas weather in the morning and evenings. mid day is hell 80-90s still

holy fucking 9gag get out fag
>hurr durr I saw a shitpost on some fag reddit site that names something and now I can shitpost all over the world about how special I am

like sam hyde said FUCKING GET OUT

No.

>not using superior paint sealant
It's like you enjoy doing extra work.

Depends, really. I say about 3 - 6 weeks at best.
I use Meguiars, their wax last for just about a good 2 months at best through my experience.

If you go to the car wash, make sure you use wax friendly soap so you wont strip the wax off of your car.

How 2 wax??

get candles, melt them, insert in gas tank

I have the same thing, holes scare me no homo

Ok, scented or unscented? Pumkin spice latte smell good give +5% more wax?

kek

Hey neato, that's my car.

Just cleaned my car today. Installed coilovers yesterday at a buddy's house and got my car super dirty because his driveway leading to his garage is gravel and any hopes of having a clean car there is useless.

>Infiniti
Lmaoing at ur lyfe desu

Ooooooh noooo
Someone in the Internet didn't approve my tastes

No

I've been using Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and it seem sot work well. It rained last night and most of the water beaded and ran off. Bugs clean straight off with just a hose blast too.

Curious question.. Did your car at one point have swirl marks or no?

No. Needs washed more than waxed

Yes, light ones, the wax has mostly covered them in. I love this stuff. I think its more of a sealant than a wax as its not as deep a glow and lasts 3-6 months. I reapply every 2nd wash though.

>Have a bottle of Turtle Wax in my garage that is probably 8 years old now
Safe to say no, I suppose

How wax??

Shitbox owner here.

The only thing I "wax" is my windshield. Rain repellent ftw!

>Car taken away on a wrecker yesterday

Haha, no.

>some phobia which has been documented for years sees it's awareness increase in social media used by young people
>it triggers you

You really don't need much to get angry, do you?

>Have a bottle of Turtle Wax in my garage that is probably 8 years old now

Turtle Wax replaced their lineup long ago with the Turtle Wax ICE series of 100% synthetic wax. It's easy to apply and remove. Unlike Meguiar's Gold Class, it doesn't stain trim or leave big deposits in crevices that are hard to remove. It's similar to Meguiar's Ultimate Wax.

It has the Turtle Wax ICE Sealant which is applied once per year. Turtle Wax ICE wax which comes in paste or liquid forms. And Turtle Wax ICE Detailer spray which works on trim too.

I use the detailer spray on headlights and it removes the small scratch marks just like wax removes swirl marks on your paint.

>how long will a wax last? will it be gone after the next car wash?

In my experience on both my cars, Meguiar's Gold Class wax is completely removed by the Gold Class car shampoo in just one wash. So I have to reapply the wax each time.

No wax, NuFinish

SIlicone paint sealant, supposedly breddy gud. Bar is a 10 yo Jap Luxobarge so want to tkeep it lookin' clean but not worth expensive products

My sister has it aswell, and she told me how she'd treated a guy with a big, bloated arm that had dried out skin, and that he had been poking holes in as water keept collecting beneath the skin, forcing him to drain it.. talk about facing your fears

At least shes a trooper, me I'm still a big pussy when I see one on sight.

Is that one of the professionally applied 'permanent' sealants? It looks nice.

Previous Lexus poster here, my pro detailer friend wants me to come in and get mine Gyeon permanent coated. Considering it and also to get the orange peel removed.

>tfw have some turtle wax that is at least 15 years old
>tfw used it for the first time in years last month

I forgot how hard that shit is to wipe off at the end.

I was expecting people to complain how huge the OP's picture is, not how it's triggering everyone's tyrpophobia.