/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread NEWS
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/
>P5 Translations: p5anon.imgur.com/
>Trophies: imgur.com/a/AwlYV
>Full Soundtrack: mega.nz/#!SkhyDCDb!qlwAxLlyc1dNkBek3cJtT12Hf_oBXOaIm71Y9Vompy0I
>Locations/Dungeons/Misc: imgur.com/a/FEkpW
>Voice files: mega.nz/#!qcsmTQBR!eDpNzWytu6JQ1BYBoO79dhboXzdbZgz3T95jKlXX5U4
>Portraits: mega.nz/#!R0EzxIyb!WRA_4wI_4nOuZzrjbTeW8mo9LdfFn5Cx4y0HzYS8MG4
>Other Images: mega.nz/#!VlF1VAyA!KSzFsKg2r3Q_Drv6fSjP5kl-SuRUI_bAHzs8z_IjzWU
>The Soundtrack can be found at: domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150303511502/p5-ost-unzip-pw-sharebymamoru-updated
>P5A: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3: Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>P5: The Aesthetics Artbook
mega.nz/#!BBR2BYoQ!zRI40J_hA7QzqnuUX_zcHbd7Uf36Me5sngLBFzwPEQY

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

supforums.com/thread/351659723/video-games/the-no-life-autists-at-vg-have-confirmed-persona-5.html
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/358301963/#358315894
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anal with Makoto

Where were the shadow operatives when Yaldy almost stole christmas?

>Best boy

Cleaning Mitsuru's mansion.

it's fun to joke about this stuff, but if this is your genuine criticism of the game, fuck you. you people and your "everything must tie together" beliefs are holding everything back.

>yfw this is P5-2 ending

Can't wait to unleash my Titan XP's fullest potential with Persona 5 at 4K 60FPS ULTRA SETTINGS!

This is bait right? You have a material that functions like an artes ball, can skip artes in the tree with steps like Zestiria, just about every arte has the ability to branch via button hold, and you have your four trees you can setup in any order at the base.

Not to mention that there are other things like stepping for positioning, the different levels of break souls, tag combos, a plethora of mystic artes with different conditions, OTG setups, juggles, and trap setups which have been a thing since characters with mine-like attacks starting to popup more often now (Raven is a notable one from the past and this game has Rokurou with mi no kata, Eleanor with rocks and so on).

Berseria OBJECTIVELY has deeper combat than any JRPG released this year. It leaves Shitsona 5 and FF "Just Tabata my Shit Up" XV in the dust.

Calm your autism. I dont like the "everything must tie together" shit either, but since we know there is an organization thatis supposed to show up as soon as a shadow farts it's weird that there was no mention of them

I need this mousepad

thank you for this user

Blame the Ultimax writers. Hashino had no hand in that shit, so it's hardly even fair to call it canon. It was fucking stupid of them to write something like that into the series, since there was no way it was ever going to be mentioned in another mainline game.

okay can someone explain please is this copypasta or do we seriously have someone this autistic here?

it's a new pasta

reposting my reply from the other thread

the thing about tales' stories is that it's even more formulaic than persona. It's pretty good, but not god-tier like people made it out to be. Some of the characters are god-tier though. The dub is also quite good.

God i can't believe i'm still salty over Flynn.

Guys, we got bullied two months ago. :-(
supforums.com/thread/351659723/video-games/the-no-life-autists-at-vg-have-confirmed-persona-5.html

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/358301963/#358315894
It's from /v/ a few hours ago.

Shadows Ops are from Arena, not Ultimax and Hashino himself confirmed that it's canon

Tales of the Abyss is genuinely amazing, Vesperia is close behind, Symphonia is overhyped, the rest is shit
Also, I think I haven't seen something more ridiculous than the Alvin fiasco in Xillia

It was still stupid and obviously never going to be of significance.

What the fuck is that site even
Is it one of those forums that rip discussions from different places and have bots post them?

what the fuck is "supforums"
I can't thnk of a more awful name for a site

>malicious ads out the ass, adblock detection
how is this site even usable

Well, thanks to that in P4D Naoto knew what Apathy Syndrome is and we got pretty sweet costumes in P5

>we got pretty sweet costumes in P5
Okay yeah, actually I take that back, those costumes are fucking great and I used them for like half the game. The music fucking rocks.

I heard berseria is good, though.

I actually found the whole Alvin situation kind of hilarious. The guy keeps betraying the party yet they keep letting him in, it's like some sunday morning sitcom.

That's also why i never thought Goro would be a mentally unhinged killer with daddy issues who will die in the end, i thought he'd be more like Tales' traitors. I thought he betrayed the party because of some miscommunication, bailed the thieves out after one realization, he was forgiven and then he's back to the party.

I couldn't get through the Beseria demo without falling asleep, so chances are I'll hate the full game too

is this you

Maybe, maybe not.

bet ya feel dumb now there's dual audio huh

kek

Gotta admit the mods were super efficient at dealing with the spoilers, I didn't see any, I did see the tons of though

I bet you feel dumb because you wasted $350 on a shitty console that can't play games on 900p medium settings at 30 FPS and paying $50 a year for a shitty online service.

As soon as they went to the Velvet Room and Igor's new voice spoke there were just a stream of and "@_____ You have been timed out for potentially spoiling P5"

Tales traitors are so shallow anyway, they never go all out, it's always more for keeping with the tradition than actual significant betrayal

nah cos I get to play p5 with jap vo

tbqh goro is not a traitor since he was never on your side

A spy then?

Goro reminds me of the Leon/Judas situation now that I think about it, especially if a P5-2 happens where Goro comes back

>tales of destiny 1
>leon is a party member
>betrays everyone
>dies

>tales of destiny 2
>actually he's alive
>now amnesiac
>new identity
>wants to atone

heh

I want to heal Goro with the power of love!

>Everyone knew Goro was a lying sack of shit
>Goro, the "amazing detective" couldn't tell everyone was onto him
>Gets pushed around by his daddy
>Is now dead and lying at the bottom of the ocean
Is there a more incompetent person in the franchise than him?

>Is there a more incompetent person in the franchise than him?
Naoto

Sasuga Detective Princes

Actually there's a reason for that, Goro overestimated his own skill because the fame he got as a detective went to his head (hell, he even outright says to the PT during his breakdown "I'm a great detective!")

Think of it as believing a lie so much that the lie becomes actually true, and I believe this is kind of what happened to Goro regarding the detective business
He is smart, but not as much as he likes to believe he is.

Source?

to be fair, they only knew goro was lying because Morgana. Goro had no way of knowing that it was a cat who was talking about pancakes that one time.
And rather than incompetence, i think it's more about his arrogancy that he fails to realize what Shidou is planning to do to him before it's too late.

When you think about it Goro is actually pretty smart and competent for teenager who had no one to help him with his plan. He's just not as smart and cunning as he believes he is, which leads to arrogance and doing things carelessly.

>Think of it as believing a lie so much that the lie becomes actually true,
How absolutely disgusting.

if he's so smart why is he dead

lolnobonds

i'm not saying he's that smart, just that he's smart enough.

Also he died because he fucking choose to otherwise why would he shoot that panel

>why is he dead

Akechi's life according to 2ch

>Mum died...I'm going to take revenge on dad for abandoning mum!

>The long nosed guy gave me a Persona! I'll use this power and get close to dad! Co-op? Fusion? Who cares

>Dad is famous! I'll use this and kill him! Speaking of which, I want to become famous too!

>I got a bit caught up in all this pretending, now I'm even on TV, life is perfect, hell yeah!

>The Phantom Thieves are so annoying reeeeeee but I'll use them and become even more famous!

>I heard something about pancakes! I want some too!

>Takoyaki is too spicy

>I pretended to befriend Joker and then killed him! Now everyone will have their eyes on me!

>Crap...Joker was alive...I really need to kill him...

>あぼーん\(^o^)/

>why would he shoot that panel
who knows, goro is pretty stupid

gdnskk

HE DID NOTHING WRONG
>HE DID NOTHING WRONG
HE DID NOTHING WRONG
>HE DID NOTHING WRONG

RIP

to be honest, he is perfectly fucking justified. I mean who wouldn't want to fuck makoto? can he really be blamed?

I'd rather her sister

yeah but man if you get makoto on your side, she could convince her sister, and then you could have a fucking threeway with the niijimas, just imagine that.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

It's one of the sites that copies Veeky Forums discussion, makes it look like it's coming from actual forum posters, and then tricks ad providers into giving them money.

Hadn't heard of this one before, but there's at least one more out there. Sneeky or something.

Huh, I should do that.

>It's one of the sites that copies Veeky Forums discussion, makes it look like it's coming from actual forum posters
That sounds so scary

Not as scary as your dick.

It kinda is, especially when they use random pictures of people for avatars and take posts from multiple sites so there is no coherency.

Looks like Goro let himself go a bit after P5

DELETE THIS

DELETE

THIS

kek, too many pancakes

>Everyone knew Goro was a lying sack of shit
Only because he had no way of knowing Morgana was the one who said the pancake line, or that only people who've heard Morgana in the palace can hear his voice in the real world. That whole run-in was by pure chance, too.

Even then, the PT weren't sure what he was up to until they tapped one of his phone calls with Shidou, after they've been working together with him to deal with Sae's palace.

What said, plus it's not like they treated him with any more suspicion than would've been appropriate given he blackmailed them into working with him.

>Gets pushed around by his daddy
Because Shidou actively preyed on the fact he's still a kid who seeks recognition (and affection). Same thing that led to the PT not realizing something was up with the Medjed/Okumura situation.

>Is now dead and lying at the bottom of the ocean
>implying the game actually confirms he's dead instead of constantly avoiding confirming anything but him being missing

You know I don't like to say it, but Gorofags really are fucking delusional.

So kawaii

>P5-2
>Goro comes back
>Like this

No, like .

That's what I said

Don't bully blind people, it's not nice

i though anne was supposed to be the american

He can't be American, he doesn't have blond hair and blue eyes

>Americans
>White

All gaijins are

anime americans are so white it manifests even at 1/4th heritage

nine demiurge > ds demiurge > POWER GAP > perfume

Yaldy would look fine if they gave him a second pair of wings behind his back

And changed the rest of the design.

It still pains me that so many Soul Hackers and Nine designs are so great, yet they passed over for their older versions.

8 years for a fucking perfume bottle

yet he still has his guns :^)

A fucking perfume bottle with guns
American perfume bottle
For some reason, it does not smell like freedom though

Goro basically is Leon, right down to having the option to come clean and join the party for real but deciding to sell them out and continue working with a guy he hates because he wants to do everything himself, fighting the party in a battle they point out is pointless and then dying.

Well remake Leon since he has a last minute change of heart and dies saving the party, where as in the original Leon was a jackass to the end and they basically end up hating his guts even after he dies.

It was Leon's sudden popularity that caused them to try to rewrite him into a more good yet tragic character, right down to making him more sympathetic and his death more heroic in the remake (they couldn't not kill him because it was too important to the story he died)

Of course he's also like Ras the second Tales Traitor in Eternia, in that he join for an extremely short period only and isn't really every counted as a real member of the group.

It wasn't until Symphonia they started with the traitors turning on you and then later coming back to the party.

As far as Japan is concerned that's how it is.

My interest in Besaria starts and ends with "Rina Satou voices the protag, and theres a shota I think I want to ship with her with"

Fuck off Talesfags

DLET

His baby face in this cutscene freaks me out, his cheeks look abnormally full and round

Should I buy P5 when it comes out? Is the game shit or has any major flaws? I have been continously hyped and unhyped about the game and I need to know if the game is shit before I buy it.

it's really bad especially the part where goro is the traitor and igor is a fake

what FF tactics jobs would the p5 party members be?

Joker - Thief
Ryuji - Fighter
Anne - Black Mage?
Morgana - Moogle Tinker ?
Makoto - Berserker
Futaba - Illusionist or Green Mage maybe
Haru - Paladin
Goro - Ninja