What does Veeky Forums think of Islam?

What does Veeky Forums think of Islam?

Why didn't they just convert to Judaism? Not really a lot of difference.

It's a religion so it's shit, but it's mostly a symptom rather than a cause of shitty human behavior.

Like all religion it subverts real morality and causes suffering.

>Religion

>morality

NICE SPOOK YOU FUCKING NERD

*tips fedora*

Spooks are real if you habeeb it.

ruined persia tbqh

Not really. Safavid Persia is considered the culmination of millenia of Persian cultural progress

Not an argument

People just become retarded while exercising religion, the same goes to the atheism. I would say, cherrypick what suits you, people around you and nature.

I remember it actually made me skeptical of religion as a whole back when I was a teen. This guy Muhammed just made everything up and there's millions of followers, how can people be so stupid? Then I began to think, what if all religion are made up and people are just generally stupid (or insane)?

is this board euphoric? is the christfagging just a facade?

In spite of, not because of Islam. Besides, Twelver Shiaism is hardly Islam if we're being honest

Am I the only person born into a religious household who became an atheist before teenagehood? Went through the same metanoia you did when I was 6

What is metanoia? Like a fear of the metaintrinsics if old italian noir?

Im actually curious. How religious were muslims in the past? i mean on all drawings of the medieval islamic world there are no burkhas and scarfs. And many muslim countries were secular in the first half of the 20th century

it's shit

Persians. At least back during the early Islamic ages during the reign of the Umyyads when the Arabs were in charge, they weren't particularly oppressive towards woman. Before the Abbasids the whole female oppression thing wasn't really a part of Arab culture until the capitol was moved to Baghdad and the government was mostly run by Persians. Also, Islam was fairly tolerant back then. Definitely better then Christianity at the time. The whole extremist bullshit didn't really come about until after the Mongol Fuck Train ravaged the Middle East.

Muslims used to drink alcohol
Muslims used to draw mohammed
Muslims used to let people (who were christian, jewish, zoroastrian, hindu) stay their religion so they could get dat sweet tax money
Muslims used to be the progressives when it came to women's rights
Muslims used to have scholars that openly debated each other
Muslims used to not hold the Hadiths above the Koran

Most people throughout history just wanted to live their lives and feed, house, clothe their families and make a better life for their kids. Most people still are that way today. It's just no one is paying attention to that aspect of humanity.

Obviously all these things waxed and waned throughout history just like everywhere else. 50 years of history might as well be eternity for most people.

play in traffic

I find it to be a big problem in modern society because it isn't declawed like Christianity is.

It needs a fucking reform

Satanic heathen garbage

The problem is /pol/ and /int/ and /stormfront/ have been infesting in Veeky Forums since day 1.

>someone said something
>they must be /pol/ because I don't agree with this
Veeky Forums has the most retarded posters in whole Veeky Forums. This is no one likes you.

So much this

Wouldn't reformation made Islam even more retarded and autistic? Just look what was in reformation time in Europe and now imagine literally the same shit in Middle East.

>fedora is a /pol/ meme
you're literally retarded, and not just for being a fedora atheist

What it did in Europe was restore Christianity to it's original pure state.

> he wants 30 years war in United Arabian Emirates

Like all other religons, it supposed to teach people not to to assholes in the time the religion was founded. All religions are susceptible to radical ideologies infesting it and turning it into a tool for hatred and division.

Unfortunately islam seems to suffer from radicalism much worse than other religons in our current times

>Not wanting a 30 years war

>30 year war in the UAE
>or a war that has been going on since forever in the entire region
this is indeed a though nut to crack

You do realize sunnis and shias have been at war for several hundreds of years, and muslim extremism stems from radicalization of separate sects is due to said war and external pressures from foreign powers.

Seems to me catholics and protestants had their fair share of radicals and killings until they kissed and made up (for the most part) and radicalism dropped to negligent levels

Islam needs its ass to be drilled with secularism during a reformation

more im exposed to it the more i think its a death cult

to be fair, so is christianity but the majority of them hav calmed down. The islamists havent. They still think theres a holy war going on with the west being the crusaders. And yes the crusades were justified to stop the invasions

They want to prevent me from eating delicious pork, they deserve to be slaughtered just for that. I eat whatever I please,

i once talked with a muslin at school and he was telling me how beautiful and scientific the koran was so i read through a little of it and it wasn't particularly interesting and the scientific stuff was just poetic expressions that he was reading way too much into

i mean in principle i guess everyone should be able to do what they want but its kind of creepy being in the company of someone who will tell you that he does or does not do certain things because of the holy book says and seemingly for no other reason that he internally worked out, i dont trust people like that because what if they got told by a fatwa to attack me since they dont show any real loyalty or tolerance they wouldnt disobey the order to violate someone elses rights

maybe its like i trust myself to do right to others but if other people dont demonstrate that they also have internalized a fundimental respect for toher people then i dont want anything to do with that person

"real morality"
Go back ot reddit please.

A powerful historical and cultural force that I dislike as it does not gel with my way of life.

>literally an aura of intelligent enlightment above me as im posting in this thread.

They Were all right. Now... Meh, with the Jihad thing... they are kinda shittier.

An intriguing theological tradition which I respect greatly as an orthodox christian. I am -- of course -- inclined to say that they lack the whole truth, but the kindness of any muslim I have met in my life, in addition to their practice of zakat and daily prayer, makes me consider them kindred souls. Though they may find my tradition a violation of God's tawhid, I do hold that we love and worship the same God, though (as they hold for my tradition) they imperfectly.

I hope and pray that they find their way to right doctrine, and if they are unable, that the lord our God shows them his limitless mercy.

They need a good genocide. Just devastate them the same way the US did to the Japanese. That's what you have to do when fighting an ideology, an enemy that worships death. Until the western world works up the stomach to do what needs to be done they're just going to keep growing.

Little actual knowledge of it, feels alien to me as a european.
Not quite fond of arabic, speech or script.

Some nasheeds are nice though

Terrorist organization. It's members should be killed. All of 'em.

It's a song by MGMT

>Muslims...

You mean wealthy urbanite Muslims. Villagers and bedouins have always been highly conservative. Since the latter half of the 20th century, rural Muslims have migrated en masse to Muslim cities and exploded.in population.

μετάνοια is translated into english often as repentance (per the Latin 'Agite Poenitentiam'). It can more accurately be translated as 'a deep, permeable change in one's mind'.

>assuming shitposters want to argue or have any discussion

I'd be perfectly content if it was eliminated off the face of the Earth. The Islamists and terrorists in particular are assholes.

Islam must die.

>real morality

Define.

I respect its history, it's art and science.

It should be burned from existence however, lest they burn us.
Islam delenda est

we must give it time to mature and develop like Christianity did (for the most part)

people forget that christans were doing the same shit Muslims are doing did back in the day

fyi all religions are cancer, but they a cancer thats here to stay for the time being

>You mean wealthy urbanite Muslims
Wealthy, urbanite Muslims were the majority for a long time, and it wasn't until the 14th and 15th centuries that the rural countryside, which was mostly inhabited by nomads and non-Muslim settled folk like Christians and Zoroastrians, began to convert en masse.

This

I'm hoping one day Haqqislam becomes a thing.

>which I respect greatly as an orthodox christian
Is that cuckoldry?
>I do hold that we love and worship the same God
Heresy

Does it bewilder you that people can show kindness even to those who don't agree with them wholly?

muh nigga
I never got into the game due to price but the moddles are on point

Christianity's reform period was pretty brutal too, thanks Luther. I don't think Christian societies became more tolerant and peaceful until Christianity started being outright abandoned. Particularly during the enlightenment era where quite a few influential thinkers were deists at best and maybe even agnostic.

Right now Islam is having its reform, thanks Wahhab. Any secular revolution is probably hundreds of years in the future. So I think you're right, this shit sandwich is here to stay. And the worst part is we (burgers) had a part in creating it. We put the Saudis in power and armed/trained the radicals.

Spiritual cuckoldry =/= show kindness. Mohametans worship Lucifer, not the true God.

>Mohametans worship Lucifer
What fucking time capsule did they pull you out of?
It's Tarmagant, by the way, not Lucifer, you got your mythology mixed up.

Augustine ruined Christianity. Prior to the whole Original Sin nonsense, Christianity was more about emulating the virtues of Christ and making his love shine onto others.

You Northern Europeans ruined Christianity and made it into some kind of cover-up for Germanic Paganism. I do not consider you true followers of Christ.

Pelagius pls go and stay go
>You Northern Europeans ruined Christianity
Augustine was North African

>current year

Yes, who came to be the main inspiration for Protestantism and Catholicism.

Pelagianism is heresy

Practically everything is heresy to European Christianity. Only the Unitarians are palpable, really.

Do you think the "heretic" Cathars deserved to die from the brutality of Catholics?

Honestly, early Christianity of late antiquity was better. It was more diverse and open to varying interpretations, such as Valentinianism and Manichaeism.

this triggers the christcuck

>early Christianity of late antiquity
Christianity of late antiquity*

Catharism and Valentinianism were Gnostic heresy, they deserved what they got
Manichaeism was a separate false religion that was also Gnostic

This is why I say you are not a true Christian. You are just a Pagan disguising yourself as a Christian.

>palpable
palatable*

And you're a Gnostic heretic that is bound for the fires of Hell unless you recant and repent

The fact your current Pope is so pathetic and controlled by "another party" should make you reconsider the faith you place in your Church.

I don't much care, provided they neuter themselves to an amicable level like most every other current mainstream religion.

I dislike radicalism in general a lot.

It's trash.

Plague of humanity

As a religion i think its interesting more logical than Christianity.

As practised today its insane. The wrong people have too much money to fund the worst aspects of the religion.

It's an organized religion with an arbitrary dogma you should follow based on some lads fever dream so I don't like it.

I am thoroughly indifferent to it

Garbage

a plague that the rest of the world (western or otherwise) will ultimately have to reckon with sooner or later