''We have more fun driving really terrible old cars than new fast ones''

>''We have more fun driving really terrible old cars than new fast ones''

Do you agree with them?

They can drive whatever new fast car whenever and wherever they want. The novelty's lost on them. Whilst the rest of us driving terrible old cars every day really don't see the appeal of them anymore.

Yes

Literally Muh nostalgia: the vid

the fastest million dollar cars are probably not even a fraction as fun as something like an ariel atom and not even as fast

With old shit cars they can fuck about, break them, crash them, vandalise them and eventually destroy them. Can't do they with the latest Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren

>Can't do they with the latest Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren
With dat amazon budget they can

>implying they haven't completely thrashed supercars before on TG

Slow Car Fast vs Fast Car Slow

The problem is many new fast cars (R8, GT-R) are relatively lifeless to drive at normal/legal speeds. The drama doesn't start until you are 2x the speed limit! There are more opportunities to drive a slow car at it's limits than a fast car at it's limits.

>But mah track times!
Most real car owners don't have time to take their car to a track-day every weekend. You spend 99% of the time driving on public roads, get the car that is most enjoyable on public roads, which often isn't the fast car on the track.

I own two cars:
>2012 Mazdaspeed3 (modified)
>2000 Honda Insight (stock)

The Mazda is definitely more "fun" when it comes to speed and handling, but the Honda is great because I can drive anywhere I want and not care about maintenance, gas, or adding miles to the odometer (207k).

So, I can have fun on backroads, and take my friends out for some fun out on the town in the Mazda, but I can go on long road trips and explore new places for cheap and without worry in my Honda.

I've driven supercars and they are overrated, that said somehow retards (usually civic drivers) think this means their econoboxes are more fun than a supercar. I'd argue the the most fun cars are somewhere between about 35k and 90k. Below that and there's not enough money to make a fun car so it's 99% slow econoboxes (here's where civics play in), above the range and there's way more emphasis on numbers and status than making it drive well

you can find the limits of terrible old cars really easily, and just barely holding something on the road is most the fun when messing about

I actually feel bad for you if you bought a fwd sedan as a "fun" car, especially when you already have a commuter

There's more than one kind of fun.

The kind of fun that you get making absolutely perfect lines on the track with some immaculate supercar pulling insane speeds is definitely not the same as the fun you get hooning some barely even roadworthy 40 year old heap around the twisties at relatively low speeds that are still sending you to the redline with the entire drivetrain screaming, suspension creaking and groaning, seats rattling, trim falling off and flying about the cabin and holding onto anything you think will hold you with everybody inside howling like madmen.

>drive supercar to the limit
>gg you dieded
of course I agree with them

>torquesteering into poles & trees is """"fun"""" to poorfags

oh boy

Its about the brand not wanting to show the image of their car being broken, not the money to pay for it.

If the car is cheap enough and you dont get hurt, fuck yes it is. What do you think offroading even is?

Do you know what a destruction derby is? Same shit.

offroading isn't taking your overpowered fwd shitbox on public roads, and trying to control it from hitting other solid objects.

when you're on a public road usually the main objective is to N O T hit other things. the car in user's pic related is not a demo-derby car, autismo.

>so much this

Overenginered new cars are usually less "fun" than some of the shot boxes out there. Most of this will change with the newer generations, the older cars and classics will become pointless one day.

Take this meme car for example, they look great but how many people do work on their own cars?

It's actually a hatch. I bought it because it has the performance I like, and the practicality I need. I got the insight for my monthly trips from Virginia to Michigan and commuting to work.

Also, the fwd sucks meme is getting tired. Realize that every car has its pros and cons.

Even after adding almost 100hp and torque with my modifications, the torque steer is pretty manageable with proper suspension settings and controlling the throttle.

And I'm not poor by any means, I just don't see the point of my paycheck going towards a ridiculous car bill when I can instead go on vacations and buy a nice house for my future wife and kids.

Priorities guys.

I've always enjoyed driving shitty econobox cars just as much as faster cars, especially if they are manual transmission. Something about thrashing some designed-to-be-boring car is really enjoyable to me.

i remember one time at an autocross event someone brought this old early 90s corolla wagon, and he was letting people take it out on the course. I think most of the people who drove it had more fun with it than their own prepped cars.

Yes. Something like a bare-bones Polski Fiat appeals to much more than a brand new Ferrari. As pretentious as it might sound, most new supercars don't feel like they have any personality.

I'd rather have an MR-S with a 2ZZ swap than a Ferrari.

I've only driven three cars in my life; my first car which I drove for a year, my second car and a hire car I had for two days while my second car was being serviced.

/thread

>Also, the fwd sucks meme is getting tired. Realize that every car has its pros and cons.
Calling something a meme doesn't make it not true

Found the posters that have never driven a fast car

the new cars are so complex and with so many different people working on them there really is no room left to be sentimental or have a small group of people have a big impact on the design

that and safety regulations combined with ruthless efficiency