/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Camping Edition

Currently on sale on Origin as well as consoles. Enter "TITAN20" code at Origin checkout for an additional discount.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
State of the game/future DLC/patch updates coming 11/12/16. Can be read at:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-1/
Angel City map coming december, late november for preorders
Prime Ion and Scorch skins coming in December
The pc network has been purged, join on the new one linked above

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

If you cant find games in a specific mode, try playing mixtape.

Doomed thread

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/st4z3k95
youtube.com/watch?v=nO0MwjrITog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping, I really need help with this

>Eva-8
>Devotion
>Alternator

1st for my holy trinity!

I want that ass on my face.

One post too early, youre banned

Nth for Ronin a best

/tfg/ in skirts pls

overdue by 3 years, someone needs to do it

see: PROGIRLGAMER420 and bedford

fuck off bedford

no you fuck off
/tfg/ is /trapfuckinggeneral/

Thinking about Legion after 10.0'ing Ion, is he/she fun?

How is it possible to play with that FoV without wanting to kill yourself?

Take a picture with a skirt on and ill tell you

I sit about 4 feet from my tv and I try not to think about it

lmao what a dumbass legion

>tonefags

I have a big tv

For you

Servers on the us west coast dying for anyone?

check respawn/origin tech support forums

is it me or did the general tf2 public catch on to the devotion being op? almost every game i played tonight, most of the players im seeing were using a devotion and getting really fucking pissed off at each other for the ridiculous kills they were getting.

all tones must die

I did, and the only advice I'm seeing is LOL YOUR SPECS ARE TOO LOW
Which isn't the case for me since my computer is at least above the minimum

Just grabbed this from the trailer as a wallpaper. Haven't seen many wallpapers posted here, so I figured I'd share. If anyone has some more wallpapers I'd appreciate them being posted.

>

i work at buffalo wild wings and can potentially get a bunch of codes. I dont know what the codes unlock but would u guys be interested?

sure

And without the black bars

>CANNONBAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

what have you tried so far to fix it? what version of windows?

The Mozambique is stealth top tier

Thinking about getting this game or bf1 does this game have longevity?

Win7
I verified the game files, reinstalled it twice, reinstalled Origin entirely, and also made sure no anti-virus was blocking it

update your graphics card drivers first and foremost. disable any 3rd party recording software, as well as origin-ingame. try running it with no other programs running at all. try running it as admin.

>Try to aim down sights with the SMR
>The smoke from the rocket trails takes up 75% of the screen

T-Thanks...

>Enemy team has 6 Scorches
>Literally nowhere to go because everything is constantly on fire

Who decided this was balanced?

blow their ass up from range. they have 1 dash if they picked turbo engine. there is no way they can do more damage to your team with a thermite launcher as long as your team is not total morons who stand in cannisters

If you let a scorch get close to you or your team, it was your fault. Scorch is a big fatty and can't go anywhere.

Sneaky scorch best scorch

Did all of that. Still nothing.
Even EA support is giving me pure radio silence. Not answering a single inquiry

so what exactly happens again? you run it, it opens in task manager and nothin else happens? does the ram of the process increase to a point and stop? or keep going?

It goes up to a set amount (usually 8500K range) and just stays there. Origin thinks the game's open because of that.

Just finished the campaign. Jesus. I wasnt expecting fucking feels.
Great campaign, though.

I remember having similar problem, try disabling origin overlay, helps some people.

Why is pilots only mode so terrible?
Why is everyone who plays it so terrible?

I'm not even that good at this game but I fucking team wiped the entire enemy team TWICE on crash site. Tried again on eden and this dude just kept running up to a short roof and sitting there. Literally as soon as he would die, he'd just sprint to this one little corner and chill.

try changing the process priority to higher. what are your system specs? ive only found one mention of this on google and it says there are no known issues. so your best bet is to indeed contact respawn and wait for a response. its not gonna be instant, it may take a day.

>Why is pilots only mode so terrible?
low ttk and overpowered guns make for people melting really fast. especially when a team has multiple people running the devotion, since it doesnt require much skill to kill someone fast.
then you got shit like a-wall campers. i truly think respawn, SOMEHOW, accidentally mixed up a-wall and the boost shield. they need to be switched, makes much more sense that way

>it says there are no known issues
no known fixes i meant.

CTF comp bracket is up, /tfg/ has a team in it
challonge.com/st4z3k95

one more thing. i had this issue with an older game, it was a compatability issue. the game was designed for an older windows version. this probably wont work, but try setting the titanfall2.exe, located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Titanfall2
to a different compatability mode. try all of them, might as well since you gotta wait for a response for respawn anyway.

course they do. thefastguys was one of the top teams back in tf1. despite all the shitty to moderate to pretty good playes, shitposters and what not that are in the general and the ingame network, tfg has a real comp team with real professional players.
you can find their old matches vs -Ra- on youube if you want to see yourself how good they are.

What are you guys using to record? When ever things get slightly congested my screen starts to do this. Only when recording, and Ive tried both shadowplay and OBS.

turn off ingame adaptive resolution or whatever its called. the setting that tries to stabalize framerate

i lied, another thing. you can try adding some launch commands through origin and see if any help. here are the ones i could find:
-novid (Disables intro videos)
-high (Force Titanfall to launch as a high priority process)
-noborder (Removes the border around Titanfall if ran in Windowed mode)
-window (Runs the game in windowed mode)
+cl_showfps 1 or 2 (Displays the game FPS at the top-right (1) or top-left (2))
+m_rawinput 1 (Raw mouse input, may fix mouse lag (or may have no effect [2]))
-nomenuvid 1 (Disables looping video on the main menu)

Just beat the campaign.
Fun romp.

Has anyone used the revolver? How is it?

Not bad for a sidearm, but because it is one it's just as useless as the rest.

Anybody got any tips/tricks for Legion? Just passed lvl20 and its my favorite titan thus far.

I'm new to titanfall and my friends told me that the longrange mode does more dps but I'm finding out now that it doesn't, and uses 2x the ammo, so I need to get better about switching to short range mode.

Do titans have weak points I should be aiming for or is it all one massive hitbox?

Best setup? I'm using the dash and extra ammo.

Dash is mandatory.
Either extra ammo or extended core for kit.
Crit points are cockpit and fuel tanks on the back.
If you see Scorch closer than three dashes from you run away.
DPS is the same if you are landing all hits, which is easier with long range mode.
Not much tricks to it. You are a shittier tone so you play about the same - faceroll the enemy unless it's a tone or close Scorch.

Is it better to engage tone up close at like point blank?

I struggle against them tremendously.

just unlocked legion, holy shit im having so much fun

Dash core is a must
Extra ammo is useful against Tones since it cuts through their shields a bit, and leaves them exposed
Long range mode is for titans, close range is for pilots
Charge shot shoots like a shotgun in close range mode, like a sniper in Long
Shotgun charge is good for pilots, sniper charge fucks titans up
Your core is a literal aimbot a la smart pistol, feel free to use it if you are engaged by multiple pilots

Don't stop shooting until you can't see anything to shoot at

>Shooting a pilot
>A grunt kills him and I get the assist
>Grunt yells out "Target pilot killed. Can't wait to tell me ex wife!"

Oh and i for got to mention, be mindful of when you use your shield, it is very reliable and it can help you shit on Tone and Scorch but you are extremely slow while using it and can't back out unless you reload

Don't use it in front of a Ronin, it's a surefire way of getting yourself killed and pop it if an Enemy Ion caught too many of your rounds

Trust your shield for any encounter, if it's not ready, take cover until it is

>Try to play
>Get matched against a bunch of Gen. 8 people
>I've played 10 hours

G-good game

What's your best score you've gotten in a game?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FUCKING POINT OF PHASE REWIND

TTK is so low that even if I use it instantly after taking damage, the animation never fucking finishes before I die.

>urge to play titanfall always hits when its 3am and the queues are FUCKING DEAD
kill me mannn
i just want to vibe out for a bit before i sleep, is that too much to ask?

Tone's chassis needs to be replaced with Ronin's. Or at least make Tone classified as a lightweight instead of middle.

Have they nerfed Tone yet?

I think this..?
I don't know why but I haven't been able to play a good game in a few days.

Just grabbed it off of Origin for $32. Hopefully my toaster will be able to play it. I'll be watching for you [tfg].

does low profile actually muffle your footsteps? iirc it doesn't say that in the description ig

every single time I play lately, I always disconnect from the first match after 10 seconds with 2k ping.

what the fuck

Any news about the new content?

announcement next tuesday or something

The op should have it in there, but whoever made the last one fucked it

#redshirtsmatter

I just realized, the Grunts are like the Imperial Guardsmen of Titanfall, while the Pilots are like Space Marines.

>clunkily walks behind you
>*unsheathe flames*
>nothing personel, kids

>that Tone falling over backwards

>the way that enemy grunts next your titan have a hissy fit, throw away their gun, then prostrate accepting death
what a terrible war

I like to electric smoke them after that

It muffles them, pretty sure there's still some sound

Also removes jet trails entirely and only alerts titans after you've got their battery

Got this game on discount recently.

This is way more fun than I thought it was going to be. How is this game not more popular?

>Best feel:
Destroying an enemy Titan with a Titanfall

>Worst feel:
Own Titan getting destroyed by a falling Reaper

The Reaper thing have only happened once for me, but it was really infuriating.

>PS4
>Have to play with Evolved control scheme to bunnyhop effectively
>Your tactical is moved to the X button and your melee is moved to O and they both become incredibly fucking awkward to press

Not as casual as CoD or BFand came out in between them, tones don't help player retention either.

>all fucking Tones must fucking hang.

I actually tried all of these to no avail
Specs are GTX 750 Ti, FX 6300 @ 3.9Ghz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
I know they're kinda low but they still exceed the minimum so it should run.
I made a forum thread about it so hopefully a Respawn member notices it

Attrition -202 points
Bounty hunt- 3500 points
LTS- 100,000 damage
Pilots vs pilots -35 kills
I have also 3-0'ed about 15 people in coliseum.

Is there a way to fix this stupid sprint stickyness? When I sprint at one point and make a short stop or ADS and start moving again, I'm back to sprint mode. I have sprint mode already set to Manual.

if you are going to be slow might as well equip sprintshoot so you have zero downtime

when i regen do i keep the credits or do i have to buy the things i want to keep now?

>assblasted over tone
just run up past his shield lol

It's fitting then that the Guardsmen in DOW2 were voiced by one of the Titanfall 2 Grunt voice actors. At least I'm 99% sure I heard this voice inTF2

posting it again

:^)

Forgot vid
youtube.com/watch?v=nO0MwjrITog

I'm gonna add in that smart core uses the range settings too, so I usually set it to long for more damage per hit.
You can still use the charge shots during the core also.

>hiding your name