What Tyre is Gud

>Dunlop ZII Star Spec in 225/45/16
>Dunlop ZII Star Spec in 215/40/17
>Yoko S.Drive in 225/35/17
>Yoko D.Drive in 215/40/17
>Firestone Indy 500 in 205/45/16
>Michelin Super Sport in 205/45/17

Will consider others, but R1R and RE71R (more like Hoosierstone) wear far too quickly for a DD tire. I can't go any bigger or smaller.

Other urls found in this thread:

motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2909/TESTED-Toyo-RA1.aspx
youtu.be/KbUsKWbOqUU?t=2m1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Installed tires for 2.5 years.

Ranked by quality:

>Michelin Super Sport in 205/45/17
>Yoko S.Drive in 225/35/17
>Yoko D.Drive in 215/40/17
>Firestone Indy 500 in 205/45/16
>Dunlop ZII Star Spec in 225/45/16
>Dunlop ZII Star Spec in 215/40/17

> I can't go any bigger or smaller.

why are your sizes inconsistent?

I've got the Super Sports on my M5. Very satisfied, but little comparison as yet. Can't really go and test tires, sadly. But, it's generally the recommended tire for this car, so.

michelin or bust.

What kind of a list is that? You've got shit-tier tires mixed in with GOAT tires.

PSS a best, DZIISS a fast, S.Drive a average.

Look at Continental DW, Yokohama AD08, Pilot Sport 2 (or the new 3), Bridgestone S-04

Indy 500 is not the old Indy 500 Wide Oval. New design that obliterates the old one, and even smokes the Sport Comp 2. Best UHP grip you can get.

I can't go biggest than the biggest tire on that list, and vice versa.

Played around with a calculator, all those options are within 3% speedo error of my stock 205/40/17's

since we're in the topic of tires, what does Veeky Forums think about R888's for a daily tire?

i live in south florida, so i would expect hydroplaning through some standing water but bretty gud grip as they would warm up quicky.

enlighten me please, Veeky Forums

Why do you want R888s on the street? I mean they're basically street-legal Rcomp tires. That's just a waste of money in my opinion if it's just a street car.

You'd be better off just getting some extreme performance summer tires.

Awful. They'd lack grip until heated up, be noisy as fuck, and last one season. Don't get anything clsssified as "autocross/streetable track" by Tire Rack. Extreme/Max performance summers are plenty good enough.

This. The Indy 500 is actually a real option for racecar now. Now, they might not make anything in those sizes yet, I haven't looked lately, but it might show up eventually.

RA1s have better heat cycling characteristics, and are generally a more forgiving tire. R888s are faster, but aren't as long lasting.

motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/2909/TESTED-Toyo-RA1.aspx

Does 225/40/16 exist?

I have the 500 Wide Ovals but that's because I'm a poorfag. How much did I fuck up?

alright, thanks for the input guys, i'll stick with pilot super sports for the time being, and i'll check out the ra1's when my current ones wear down.

The name says it all, why the fuck would you buy an oval tire?

S.drive's are terrible. Go with the BFG sport comp 2's.

Lets say i live in california so no rain whatsoever
Lets say i was interested in buying a C4 or C5 corvette.
R888s wouldnt be a bad investment for it right.

Waste of money. But you're bent on it, so go for it.

For tracking they'd be fine. For a daily, they'd be shit. Pilot Super Sports are where it's at

but have two listed with 16" wheels

205/45/16 is pretty close to 205/40/17.

225/45/16 might actually be too big with my mud flaps installed. I'll have to do some research there.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3 225/40/18

Running 275 Firehawk Indy 500's on all 4 corners

I think OP can get them in the sizes he wants, best tire for the $$$. Stiff side wall, good cornering feel, and puts power down good. Also super good treadwear for what they are

I quite liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 tires I had on a previously owned car that also had been shod with Pilot Super sports that both are great tires

Will 225 width tires give me 10% more grip, or does it not work like that?

LOL

yoko advan sport

Nah, it doesn't work like that

Traction is affected a lot by weight also. If you put on wider tires that means there is less weight on the contact patch, meaning that the tires will sooner "jump" and "skid" and lose traction.
Bigger tires do generally help in braking, hard cornering and launches (primarily RWD and AWD) due to how the weight shifts of a vehicle, meaning that there might be enough extra momentum/weight being put on the tires to fully utilize the wider tires, while the narrower tires might then have more weight put on them than they would need to fully utilize their potential

youtu.be/KbUsKWbOqUU?t=2m1s

This video explains a little bit about weight, contact patch and traction. This is the same reason why you'll find that winter tires tend to be narrower and taller, as it means you'll get more weight on the tire and increased traction, aswell as the fact that it carves through snow better.

>weight
you mean pressure