Why is this aloud?

Why is this aloud?
Has this ever been anything but a total pain in the ass for anyeone ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FEmxJoBLKws
smbf.com.sg/forum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why is this aloud?
What car has an audible TPMS idiot light? Is it possible to "hear" an idiot light?

Sometimes they ding.

Mine made a noise and popped up a notification on the screen when it detected a fault. Other than that it's just been the light tho.

uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't fucking remind me

i think my right rear tire is punctured but i can't seem to find the puncture. so it slowly deflates and within 2 days i have to pump more air in. i drive a fwd so it doesn't really affect my driving if i go the work week not pumped, but man does it annoy me when it pops up

Try living with that shit when you live somewhere with 30 degree temperature swings. Most people ignore them that's why I see cars running 5 psi.

The TPMS on my 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT rarely makes itself known.

And there are massive temp swings in lolIowa

Blame Ford for selling vehicles that had a factory recommended pressure of 28 PSI, basically flat. If it wasn't for them we'd probably still be free from the annoying yellow light.

The reason TPMS became widespread is run-flat tires, they mandated the car had them in fear someone would have a flat and not know it, and it spread from there

>this thread again

youtu.be/FEmxJoBLKws

Mine does. it's kinda annoying but eh

Run flat tires were not designed for anything short of special applications and maybe some higher end sports cars. Even today with RF tires being available for cars and SUV/CUV's, they hold basically zero market share. There is nothing in law about TPMS sensors being required in the possibility of someone putting run flats on a vehicle. They became law because Ford was selling vehicles that had an already very low air pressure in all 4 wheels, and after several months would drop lower due to air naturally defusing through the tire, and that's without even considering temperature.

You can point fingers or shill for Ford as much as you want, but at the end of the day the wide adoption of TPMS in vehicles started because of Ford.

>muh ebil ferd
kys you GM cuck

>Run flat tires were not designed for anything short of special applications and maybe some higher end sports cars

Yeah nothing says high end sports car like a Toyota Sienna or Highlander. Run flats popped up on family haulers like that in the early 2000s, it was mandated they have TPMS sensors. That was years before they mandated all cars have it due to the rollover thing.

He probably enjoys bailing out big corporations

>The reason TPMS became widespread is run-flat tires

The reason depends on the source and who has an axe to grind. Mainly, the ever increasing requirements for passenger car mileage necessitated the use of TPMS. A huge number of cars were running on under-inflated tires. That results in lowered fuel economy. When the number of passenger cars is taken into account for the whole country, that's actually a huge amount of fuel loss as well as added pollution. So TPMS was the correct approach to fight that problem.

That doesn't make any sense, who would be the one pushing for that? The manufacturers don't care what mileage the cars actually get, only the EPA rating. It's not even possible to track actual fleet mileage in a practical way.

It was part of an agreement when CAFE was re-negotiated in 2006. By putting TPMS on the table the they were able convince the EPA that they would be able to get a higher % of vehicles to stay at or near the rating, and got a smaller CAFE requirement increase because of it.

The second reason was safety, with the rise of cross-overs and SUVs vehicle weight-loading is getting much higher. A tire's strength at a given weight load is directly proportional to it's internal pressure, by creating an idiot light (and a log in the BCM), auto-makers could avoid another Firestone-Ford fiasco.

>aloud
fucking shitskin retard, learn english

fuck off racist

nigger go back to *eddit

noob

Guys you need to know that just pretending to be racist as a joke on the internet is sometimes just as bad or worse than actually being racist.

pretending not to be is worse

The worst part about the tire sensors is the cheap metal they use in the sensor corrodes and eventually starts to leak around the valve stem. I've seen so many new cars come into the shop with 5 PSI of air in the tires all because of these damned tire sensors
>What was wrong with rubber valve stems

Then I'll pretend to fuck your mom so it'll fuck with you even more.

gross satan pls go

I lost a pressure sensor when my wheel hit a curve a while back, and now the light is permanently on. The sensors themselves cost like 200 each, so I really can't care about it that much on a car that's near the end of its life.

>he sensors themselves cost like 200 each,
wat?
What kind of car is it?

>live in colorado
>get this every day for 20 minutes when I start up the car

does the light go out after 20 minutes?
What car?

go to discount tire they repair flats for free
>i work at discount tire

>being racist
>bad

Nigger pls

Ask a guy who's installed and repaired 1000s of these anything

I say nigger in real life too and only to real niggers.

This isn't Tumblr, go suckstart a fucking woodchipper you goddamn kike puppet

On my express 1500 there are trouble codes for all 4 tires and when I try to get the system to "learn" it does not even finish the first tire.
Wat do?

Expecting OP, who can't spell. To pick up on your subtle sarcasm, is a stretch.

How long until you kill yourself?

1. Set air pressure to factory spec

2.Find somebody with a ITM scanner or something, check to see if you can get a reading through the tire.

3. Check for duplicate IDs, then replace if necessary.

4. If you have or borrow, or get a OBD2 scanner you may be able to manually register the IDs to a direction. This works on newer Chryslers I'm unsure of the process on Chevy trucks. Should be able to just hold lock and unlock on the key fob and have somebody walk around and relearn the sensors by scanning them.

Long if not forever. I'm living the opposite of a country song. Got my truck back, girlfriend is still with me, and I got a new job.

Chev supports OBDII relearn on newer vehicles. Older express vans may require a key fob to relearn. There is another way to relearn some of the bigger chevs if the vehicle doesn't have RKE, but I can't remember what the hell it was. Chev also supports tooless relearns, but its a pain in the ass and I've only had it work maybe 2-3 times since it requires changing the tires pressure up and down a bunch to get the sensor to send a signal.

We had an open bulletin and changed a shitton of them from Baolong to Continental, not really that bad, I just push the top bead down and swap them, don't even break the bottom bead, don't have to balance the tires either.

Go fucking get raped you cockfighting nigger

pointless and adds extra cost
who the fuck would not notice a pressure loss so high that it would become dangerous

>inb4 there are people that cant do that
I know that but damn you have to try hard

My van has toolless relearn but still dont want to learn.

rude

It's more for piece of mind and it's easier than getting out the gauge and checking them by hand, but then again I maintain my shit and know how to set it to what I'm running.

If my chevy says I have zero pressure in all 4 tires does that mean all the sensors are missing or broken>
I bought this vehicle used and the tpms never worked.

>TPMs
>aftermarket wheels

I hate those sensors with a passion. I have pic related to program them myself, but it doesn't help much when the battery on the sensor dies.

When I got new wheels for my Civic I bought new sensors too, because I hate that stupid light. I have to reprogram when I switch between summer and winter sets though.

Honda should be programmed by simply driving IIRC. Might take a bit, but the car should figure it out itself. GM is the only company that requires a fresh relearn when you change the sensors unless you copy ID's

>when the battery on the sensor dies.
I bet this is what happened to mines!
Can new batteries be put in at the tire shop?

>Honda should be programmed by simply driving IIRC
Maybe newer models work this way, but it needs to be done manually for my 2009 Civic.

You have to replace the sensor, so you have to pay for that plus mounting the tires. It's cheaper to buy the sensor online than at the shop. Then they need to program your car with the new sensor IDs too.

You prob need to program

Are you on smbf

>smbf
??

The Singapore Mountain Bike Forum
smbf.com.sg/forum/

Both my current vehicles have TPMS. Have put over 100k miles on the pair, and TPMS only lit up once when one was 10# low.

Had a 3rd party unit on a different vehicle, was a bit more of an active monitor. Read and displayed tire pressure and sensor temp in real time. Was great.

It works just fine for me...

how lng till the batts run out ?

The funny part is all the idiots who replied dindnt get the sarcasm, aloud and allowed its like the idiots who misuse their and there

Every vehicle is different. The dodge vehicles with the "dumb" system, that is, it only tells you a tire is flat with the light and doesn't give you actual pressures, last a long time.

Fords tend to die the quickest, they practically rape the sensors for info all the god damn time.

GM sensors tend to spit out a lot of data, but they only update for noticeable pressure changes or periodically. GM also requires a relearn every time the tires are moved to a new spot on the vehicle. Bit of a pain, however they do allow you to relearn positions yourself, but it is, again, a pain in the ass.