Geo thread

Just bought a '96 Geo Metro for $600, it's the 4Cyl, Auto trans with 177k miles and runs awesome from my 100 mile round trip commute. But what're some things I can do with it to get more MPG's out of it? I'm getting about 32HWY/25City. I eventually plan on buying a 3Cyl Manual Trans but until then getting the most out of my Geo Dude would be great! Thanks in advance.

put a bird on it

Change your filters and run some fuel system cleaner through you should be getting better mpgs than that. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and aligned.

Lose some weight fat-ass.

Yes the tires I don't believe are aligned, I've just changed the oil but I'll need to change all the others also. I wasn't sure how much that would affect the MPG's

I'm 160 pounds walking weight at 5'11 but I have a boxing match coming up and I'm cutting to 140 d-do I really need to lose more weight :(

Okay what kind will give me more MPG's without losing any horsepower I can't risk it

>Change your filters and run some fuel system cleaner through you should be getting better mpgs than that. Make sure your tires are properly inflated and aligned.
This, as well as check plugs. Hmm, apparently it also does run OBD-II

Almost exclusively driving style. You'll learn to drive in an efficient manor, however that does not mean putting along everywhere moving slow as fuck.

Your main hindrance will be, what I believe is, a 3speed automatic. As said, make sure the tires are properly adjusted, and the alignment is correct. Smooth throttle inputs are key.

Also, stay light on the throttle, and if it has cruise control, that will rob a MPG or two. Sadly, you're probably going to also have to stay at around 60 mph or less as well. Get a cheap bluetooth ELM connector off the internet, and Torque or similar app for your phone

Shitboxes are loved by Veeky Forums. We like to say they have character. We beat them to hell, and they somehow still go another 50k miles. When brand new with 4 miles on the odometer, we smugly donned these vehicles "econoboxes". But they matured, such as a fine wine does. They surived to 300k miles with minimal repairs. Just like a soldier earns the Purple Heart, our "econoboxes" earned their reputation as the "shitbox". There are a few cars that will always be known as great little shitboxes: the Toyota Corolla, our beloved Twingo, and America's frontrunner, The Geo Metro.

The Geo Metro was conceived much the same way I was: during a 4am cocaine fueled grope session in the back seat of an AMC Gremlin.

The year was 1987. A few Detroit executives who were down on their luck decided that we need a car designed for real human beans. A car that would love its 8th owner more than its original buyer. A car that had seen 3 oil changes its first 100k miles, but now is pampered by synthetic blend every 2,999 miles. Sunroof? Fuck that! 4 cylinders? Nope! We want 4 wheels, 3 cylinders, 2 doors, and one goddamn good car.

Thus the 1989 Geo Metro was born. It reigned supreme for decades, much like a dictator in Asia. Jay Leno owns 7 Geo Metros in case you forgot. The Geo Metro is the only car to win at Monza, Laguna Seca, Silverstone, and Talladega. Ford and Chrysler appealed to the US government in 1990, saying that production of the Geo Metro created an unfair advantage for GM. Unfortunately for Ford and Chrysler, 98% of the members of Congress drove Geo Metros and loved them to death. The Geo Metro placed 4th in the 1992 Presidential election behind Ross Perot.

Some say the Chevrolet Aveo was the successor to the Geo Metro, but I refuse to believe. Nothing can ever succed over the Geo Metro when it comes to its main purpose: being a spectacular shitbox.

/thread

That seems expensive.
I thought cars were supposed to be cheap in America.

manual trans swap, the auto gets terrible fuel mileage

>Auto trans
Fluid + filter

Full tune up, plugs/wires/etc, change fuel filter, change all fluids while you're at it, be sure to drop the trans pan and change the filter too, changing fluid alone doesn't do anything if the filter isn't changed as well.

>change air filter also

Make a plate that covers the bottom of the car, cover the rear wheel wells

I've NEVER seen a trans filter have anything in it, it's hardly even a filter, it's just some metal mesh.
The only way it could clog is upon failure of the transmission where something huge comes apart, and at that point you have bigger issues.

55 should be top, honestly with that 3sp

How much would one cost me? I have a friend who's a liscensed mechanic and charges me 1/4 of what shops charge. So about how much would a shop charge for that?

I commute on a 70MPH freeway going 55-60 and get passed even by semi's. It's quite amusing seeing them fly by me

100 dollars from a junk yard