I just won the lottery!! ($500,000, Canada, no tax)

I just won the lottery!! ($500,000, Canada, no tax)

Should I get a Ferrari 488 or Lambo Huracan?

Neither.

Posts like this should be considered a bannable offense t b h.

Either its some kid under the age of 18 or its some manchild play pretend.

jfc you cant even pic a decent car you just pic whatever new ferrari/lamborghini is out

fuck off and die shithead

Porsche 911R.

$500k isn't nearly enough to be buying cars like those.
Just because you can buy them, doesn't mean you can own them

>spending half your lottery winnings on a depreciating asset.

Buy a house, and a car that costs less than $40k (that's USD because 'murica)

I'd recommend:
>Subaru Impreza WRX STI
>Ford Focus RS
>Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition

I picked awd due to the fact that you guys get a bit of snow. I stayed in Michigan for school. Fucking cold. Couldn't imagine what you guys go through.

It's funny that you're advising someone with $500,000 not to buy a $200,000 car while every day there are thousands of people who are already in debt and still buying new cars.

This

If you had actually won the lottery in that kind of amount you should invest it and let it grow. My grandparents started investing back in the 50's, or rather my grandfather did since my grandmother just worked odd jobs like baby sitting. On his salary working for the post office he was able to purchase funds that are now making well in excess of $100k/yr depending on how the markets are doing. He recently showed me the tax forms for 2014 showing they had an income of $268,000.

yeah but for most of those people, they'll pay it off.

if you win the lottery and only win a 500k lottery you'd have to at least win another lottery next year or just build up a business that'll make you some serious dosh next year to upkeep with the maintenance.

dumbfuck

DUDE INVESTING LMAO

DUDE TRUST ME MY DUSTY ASS GRANDPARENTS DID IT BACK IN THE '20s WHEN NIGGERS AND WOMEN KNEW THEIR DAMN PLACE LMAO

DUDE $268K LMAO

DUDE TAX FORMS LMAO

>3.5 V6 TT

IM A GORILLA

yeah that's nice and all because for almost 8 years now we had a bull market, but if you look at major US index funds like $SPX and $INDU they have stagnated over the last two years.

there's also the fact that just like housing, the major funds nowadays cost a fuck ton more than they did when your grandfather was young. although it doesn't apply to OP's case, but couple that with stagnated wages, unless you're in a bubble industry like software development, and it's quite difficult to make the same type of fruitful investments that your grandfather did.

You win half a mil and you're going to blow half of it on the sticker price of a car. You must be trailer trash. Which is fine because we all know you didn't win shit.

Condo + M2

calm the fuck down and chill
learn to move towards what lays within

Real nigga car
i'd go for it if i was you OP

Im a harambe

op can i please have a small loan of $10,000 to start my business?

>have stagnated over the last two years.
When you're investing over decades, that's not exactly a big deal.

I thought you couldn't buy a flagship Ferrari as your first model. Don't you have to buy a couple of the older/cheaper ones first?

you should buy all the NEETs on Veeky Forums a NA miata

if only you could just go to your local ford dealership and get one.

getting your application accepted would practically be winning the lottery again

how mad are you

the incredibly expensive maintenance meme is way over exaggerated on new supercars

You should get your head examined. Spend 50k on something cool and 30k on mods and keep the rest in a place that I can easily find.

very.

mate, if you won the lottery for 500k you still have to pay for Federal, State and Local taxes on those winnings.

a Hurcan starts at $200k and a 488 starts at $245k.

please go ahead and tell me buying that when you only have $500k is a smart idea.

fucking niggerfaggot stupid cunt

you should buy real estate, stupid

MOTHERFUCKING THIS

>$500k
Don't settle for a huracan/488
That's used Aventador money.

TFW U work for a Leaf auto parts supplier/ Multimatic

>($500,000, Canada, no tax)

get a proper driving lesson before you buy any of those.

or dont, because i dont care about your life

>Ferrari 488 or Lambo Huracan

pretty sure those cars are worht more then what you won

if it had to be between those two, then the 488.

but like others have said, be smarter. get yourself a nice Porsche and save the rest.

this
Supercars are for actual rich people, not poor people who think getting $500,000 in a lump sum makes you a rich person.

>DUDE INVESTING LMAO

Your gorilla talk smacks of dindu style attitude.

He's not wrong. While I am no where old like those gramps, and still working, my paltry investments have grown last year about $120,000 USD in value. That's not the same as $120K in income assuming that guy stated it exactly correct in investment terms. Capital increases is not income. Interest, automated sales (divestment), automated transfers into money market balance, automated programmed sales transfers into a bank account, bank account interest, now, all those are income. An increase in investment account value is not income.

As for those who scoff at retirement income, a former neighbor who retired from the military, worked for the post office until retirement the 2nd time, was obtaining cash income from four separate income sources (401K programmed divestitute, pension #1, pension #2, and social security). He could buy two new cars every year and still eat. His house was paid for of course. So scoff all you want, but if you have an employer that gives a retirement pension, that is great. My employer decided to cancel pension plans with existing pensions grandfathered and frozen at their payment levels. So if I retired right now (too early), my pension from just that employer would be 23,000 USD per year which is pretty good. That would be in addition to the 401K which is quite large by now, roth, other investment accounts, other mutual funds, and of course the paltry social security which deducts $1 for every $2 of income you get from somewhere else (thanks bill clinton presidency).

So, even if someone won the 500,000 lottery, he could afford to spend 200K on a car. Because all of that 500K is just extra toy money if he already has his retirement planned out. Did bullies beat him up for being a bookworm in high school? Well, he grew up and used his drive to do better.

Nah, it's just the new 458 and literally anyone could buy a 458 so the same applies to the 488

Also, Lamborghini will sell anything to anyone

I'd invest the money and wait.You can always buy an expensive sports car. In four years a '16 Huracan will be half the price. In four years you should have passive income on your $500k as roi.
Why not buy the car when its half the price and you have twice as much money?

all of them sold out and will probably be resold in a couple of years for at least a million bucks. He can probably afford a second gen GT before they appreciate even more and would still be a badass in my book. Congrats BTW.

Buy this.

Cheaper
Italian
Sounds good (Ferrari-engine)
Looks good
Fast

i got 210k, should I build a party hall, a shopping strip, storage units, land/real estate or go with my dream and start a badass speedshop?

>i-i'm too dumb to understand finance, so it's only for old white people, btw dey racist, fuck smart white people shit

All I read

Shit works. Not as well as it used to, but you still make money off it. Which is better than buying a fast car you can't afford to wreck on a track. I mean, fucked bodywork alone would drain your funds in an instant. Let's just ignore the speeding ticket/reckless driving jailtime option.

Other pro is that it's also got a manual

Get a used car that will appreciate in value

max 100k

>implying it's true
Why do you want to buy a car that screams "I'm rich everyone please give me attention"? Why wouldn't you buy an actual decent car?

Get an Accord and invest the rest, retard.

damn this looks baller

Considering the Huracan is just a more expensive R8 V10 (same engine,gearbox,dashboard,suspension) i would go with the 488

Prefer Lambos but the Huracan is just the poor mans Lambo that screams "I couldn't afford an Aventador", so I'd get the Ferrari if you really need to be an idiot about your supposed winnings.

If I won that money I'd buy a 911 targa, because that's a car I can sustain on my own income in maintenance and running costs, unlike a fucking millionaires car that needs $10k service every 15000km.

Buy a small apartment in Toronto.

>investing in the current year
lmao, you guys are getting outjewed again

im sure he can buy a mcmansion with no yard in mississauga instead

Id bump it up to atleast a 2017 gtr though
$400,000 is still a huge amount of money

>exotic supercar
Broken in an months

Better choices
Snek
GT-R Nismo
NSX
C7 Z07
GT
Used Maybach
Used L FA
Used 911

Best choices (top trim + modded)
WRX
350Z
Camaro
Mustang
Challenger
Lancer Evo
S-Class Coupe
F-Type

I wouldn't buy a car like that if I only had $500k on Canadian monopoly money to my name because you'll probably be paying $300k for a base Huracan. If you really want one though I'd get the Huracan because it's a naturally aspirated v10.

Both. What are you some kind of poor fag?

He can't afford both with Canadian money, the 488 is probably around $400k in Canadian

you should get surgical procedure that allows you to suck your own benis you horrendous faggot

this to be honest family

At least buy a classic like a supra. It'll maintain some value unless you destroy it

I'm pretty sure it's already completely sold out

>implying OP could get that even if he had 500k
Retard.

>Lamborghini Huracan or ferrari??? XD
You need to be 18 to use this website.

Maybe you can buy yourself some good taste instead, kid.

just buy a nice older car that's going up in value

400k isn't shit mate unkess your white trash don't spend more than 40-50k

just buy a meme machine, invest some, and save whatever's left over. Blowing all of it on a very expensive item that's guaranteed to depreciate is beyond stupid

>mfw impossible to find ae86 in Finland

at least you guys have these, I'd kill for a breadloaf

>a fucking poopra
>classic
LMAO

>I just won the lottery!! ($500,000, Canada, no tax)
>Should I get a Ferrari 488 or Lambo Huracan?

You should get a house and a job.

Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster in Matte Blue.