/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1010

Loghain Did Nothing Wrong Edition

Previous: News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Divinity Original Sin 2 is in Early Access (IT WILL HAVE WAIFUS EVENTUALLY)
>Tyranny out

Sales:
Bunch of shit on sale on GOG for Black Friday

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Living with their auntie and their uncle in Bel-Air

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
youtube.com/watch?v=U88zyFLzIXQ

Friendly reminder that Solas is enlightened by his own intelligence

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!o98RnQaY!xIZKoNW4M8RzEu9eic9p6w
dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Note:_The_Claws_of_Dumat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Loghain Did Nothing Wrong Edition
>Friendly reminder that Solas is enlightened by his own intelligence
Ya blew it.

*l*s lovers should just kys

>>Friendly reminder that Solas is enlightened by his own intelligence
solas would wear a fedora if it didn't interfere with the solar panels concealed in his bald egg head

>cancerous fangirls
>ugly design
>boring writing
>forgettable voice acting
I just don't understand how anyone can think he's a good character.

Meredith did nothing wrong.

>ugly design
>boring writing
>forgettable voice acting
Dude.

I kind of agree with the fangirls part, but the rest is all bullshit, my man. Solas is one of the most interesting characters of the game and David-Lloyd's voice flows like butter.

He's absolutely unremarkable, even Sera is more intriguing as a character.
>tumblr image
I seriously hope you're not one of them ugly virgins, user.

He's not a know-it-all atheist though, not quite fedora tier.
Cancer thrives in every LI fanbase compost bin. Allllll of them.
His voice is attractive, I'll give you that. It's kinda calm.

I'm sure you've got the bitches just lined up at your door. You tell 'em.

No need to get snappy with me, user.

Speaking of David-Lloyd. I remember him narrating The Call Of Cthulhu audiobook, it's like 1,5 hours long. And I still have it, if anyone interested. Sides went to orbit when I heard it for the first time.

Why in the world would anyone want to listen to that?

>implying you wouldn't

Not even I am that pathetic.

I'll stop when you do, deal?
How would you record it? Just uploading to youtube or vocaroo?

It's in mp3.

Oh, that makes it lots easier.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy, you sick bastards.
mega.nz/#F!o98RnQaY!xIZKoNW4M8RzEu9eic9p6w

He's just a know-it-all

Fellow Liara user!

tfw no Claudia Black audiobook
tfw no Claudia Black album
tfw no Claudia Black in my bed

>tfw no Claudia Black in my bed
Time has not treated her well. Just saying.

That doesn't matter when I put the morrigan mask on her.

>pillars of eternity
>lighthouse in the gift
>first floor spooker fight
>path of the damned

Any tips? My party is Fighter, Monk, Priest, Ranger, Wizard, Chanter. Everyone except the monk is a scripted character, and we're all around level 6.

I've enchanted every weapon with fire damage and spiritslaying, but I just can't get through it. There's like 14 of the fuckers. Every other fight except the spookers in the ruined temple has been a cakewalk so far, but this I just can't deal with. I just don't do enough damage, and the priest gets btfo after 2 spells because they snipe him off immediately with magic.

I don't know if I can get this through my cell, but thanks for posting it anyway.

Is there any way you can cheese it? Like kite them into a corner or a choke point or something
It's been a while since I did that fight and I only did it on hard

There's too many of them, I'm locking my party into a tiny choke where they can only hit my monk, the pet and my fighter. But they bust through eventually as they focus on sniping my priest first, which also creates a hole that they immediately port into and go to town on my ranger.

I'm going to try leveling up a bit first.

She was based up until she randomly decided to declare you an enemy (even if you side with the Templars) and attack you.

It's the curse of loving milfies, they either age badly or do something stupid like a plastic surgery to remove a wrinkle just to look like a wrinkleless scarecrow...

Prime Claudia Black is what I want

What is this supposed to mean? A hyper Space Jew?

Will Iron Bull become less suicidal after getting one of his specialization? I'm not too far in the game, but he uses way too many potions at the moment. Thinking about changing him for Blackwall. I'm currently using him, rogue, Cassandra and Solas.

If you think he's suicidal BEFORE becoming a reaver, man you're in for some shit. He can be pretty good with enough micro but if you leave him alone he'll tank himself into the grave taking all of your potions with him. Of course, I think there is a setting in tactics to make him not auto drink potions or at least change the hp level at which he does so there's that

Yeah, I think I might change him for Blackwall, but I don't know if two tanks are a good idea. Or maybe Cassandra will become more offensive with Templar tree, I dunno.

Cass is already offensive enough imo

unless you mean her fighting

ded

Cass is offensive for demons only, she's an off-tank to everything else.
Blackwall is a pure tank, I suggest changing Cassandra for Blackwall. Bull is ridiculously strong once he becomes a Reaver and you might have to use him sometimes if you want to get things done quickly.

Are there any mods which can really shake things up for a fresh run of DA:O?

Definitely skipping The Vale.

I like to get a mod that reduces health of you and enemies. Makes combat way more fun in my opinion

The mod that makes you play the witcher 3

D E A D
E
A
D

Mods are supposed to make situations better

He's so comfy looking
>David-Lloyd's voice flows like butter
It really does, his "normal" voice isn't as deep but he still sounds very nice from what I've seen in Torchwood
This is great, thank you for sharing, vhenan
Tonight, I had a dream I was a creature of the ocean and Solas was a hairy fisherman, and I was trying to pull him into the depths to make him live with me. Now I come here and see this, pretty spooky

>upcoming SWTOR expansion is the best story Bioware have ever written
>no one will play it
>no one will discuss it

How do you know it's good if it's not even out yet?

I just do

Also datamined spoilers

If I went for the Templar mission will I still be able to do missions regarding Samson or am I stuck with Calpernia?

>am I stuck with Calpernia
Yes

Is Cullen involved with missions regarding Calpernia?

No, but Leliana is

Fucking hell I'm torn.
I went with the mages my first playthrough and enjoyed the missions with Samson and Cullen but fuck me if I went with the mages again.

Samson's quests felt more like an extension of Cullen's character arc while Calpernia's side provides some insights into Corypheus, so I think it's worth playing it if only to get the full picture

Besides Hentai Foundry, AO3 and AFF, is there any place that has a bunch of DA smut stories?

What was the reason as to why Merill and Anders aren't thrown into the circle on sight? I think I remember Meredith saying it's because they're Hawke's friends, but I forgot almost everything that happened in DA2. I do remember she straight up called Anders a mage after he preaches to her during your first encounter with her though, so I know she's aware of it
...there IS an reason for it, right?

Varric is supposedly bribing the templars, but the real answer is that Gaider didn't think it through

>didn't think it through
If I had to sum up the shortcomings of DA2, those words would be it.

>Calpernia's side provides some insights into Corypheus
Well that explains it. I remember fighting Corypheus without knowing anything about him except him trying to enter the fade and be a god.

If it's a story of an MMO then its potential is already wasted.

>good story after the mess setup by kotfe season 1
>what we already know from datamined stuff

Gonna be mediocre like most of the story in the game user

Well, no, mods just make things different. But TW3 is in fact better than all DA games put together.

Probably because in the Wither all the side missions were different and interesting. I couldn't bring myself to do the same kind of side missions all over again DA's. Which is a shame because the DA lore and Thedas are extremely interesting, but Bioware failed to utilize the immersion possibilities. Especially when it came to Orlais in Inquisition. I mean yeah, it looks pompous as fuck but then what? I just couldn't give a rats ass about the greatest and most powerful human nation on Thedas.

I like DA:O and TW3 equally desu
DA:O has some normally unskippable tedious parts but so does TW3.
>Sewers
>Controlling Ciri (Fun the first time but come on now)
>Triss parts

>think about replaying TW3
>remember Novigrad quests
>remember how shit the writing in Toussaint was

Toussaint makes up for it by being Toussaint

Anna Henrietta's cute face and Regis were the only good things about it

Nope

Only obnoxious womyn prefer Dragon Age to Mass Effect, that's why /dag/ is so shit.

If Dragon Age is so boring and shit and the people who like it are so unbearably cancerous and so on and so forth, why spend your time posting in a general dedicated to it?

You find a beautiful codex entry about him in the Fade too, written from the point of view of one of his elven slaves back when he was still a human magister.

>dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Note:_The_Claws_of_Dumat

Cory is only a red herring and he got dangerous just because he received the Orb. He was a momentary threat, but compared to the elven gods and titans he is fucking nothing (even Solas is ten times more powerful than him now).

Even Leliana says in Trespasser that he did everything wrong (opposed to the Qunari who are planning to conquest the south following the strategic explosions they prepared) and Laidlaw confirmed that Leliana and Corypheus are actually quite similar: both lost faith in their deity and feel they have little else left in the world.

Terminal autism

Does anyone here have the latest version of Divinity original sin enhanced installed?

If so then what version is the latest one? I've got 2.0.119.430 on mine and can't figure out if its old or not.

>He was a momentary threat, but compared to the elven gods and titans he is fucking nothing (even Solas is ten times more powerful than him now).
If you think about it, the only impressive feats of magic he showed were lifting the temple into the sky and possessing a warden in Mythal's temple, the rest of villainous acts in the game were commited thanks to the stupidity and incompetence of important leaders (killing Justinia - wardens, razing Haven - Templars or mages, etc). He's really lame

Why are the mage AI so dumb that they use Dispel on player made status effects? Can't combo properly when Solas fucking dispels everything he sees.

Do I want any mods for DA:O

No

Yes

>Disturbing my sleep for dumb questions
There is a nexus, sort by ratings and look through them, asshole.

Read the pastebin

TW3 is one of the worst pieces of shit I ever had the misfortune of having to wade through, it isn't even half as good as DAI let alone the other 2. It's quests all amount to "follow the red line to reskinned enemy with same animation set".

>Trying to revive /dag/ with ancient stale witcher bait
We need the new shit

What did she mean by this?

Ew, she isn't that dark

Predict the ending of the Dragon Age series

Better?
The series get cancelled after MEA flops

>tfw developed a crush on a woman who's about 15 years older than me
I blame her

90 years here

A creature of the ocean, as in a mercritter or a bogfisher?

I think it was more like a black cloud that lives underwater and is full of spikes inside. Dreams are weird
These things are pretty cute, never noticed that before

15 years? That's a really big difference, user.
Well, Asari age differently or some shit. It's not too bad.
Ooo, I'm imagining this translucent dark grey cloudy mass with spikes all angry and rapidly getting larger and smaller.
How did you manage to capture him without making him look like gory catfood?
And yeah, bogfishers are like giant pot-bellied sea piggies.

>15 years? That's a really big difference, user.
I think it's ok as long as things stay platonic and don't cross into creepy stalking territory, unrequited love can help you improve yourself
>How did you manage to capture him without making him look like gory catfood?
I don't know, I just really wanted him to be with me and then I invaded his mind and could control him like a puppet. God, that sounds creepy when I type it out

:3

so this isn't really the thread for it, but is tyranny another one of those bullshit games where magic stats only influence the number of casts and success rates but where the max damage of spells is always set? hate it

Damage actually depends on lore in Tyranny, and it's dependent on the "might" stat which also governs the effectiveness of physical attacks in PoE

>Damage actually depends on lore in Tyranny,
that's a bit vague. are you being vague because a direct answer would be a spoiler?

Lore as in lore skill

I see.

Never forget