Worst Things About Being Car Enthusiasts

When someone knows you're into cars and you get in their car as a passenger and they say something like "let me show you what this bad girl can do."

Especially when it's clear they've never seen redline before... or if they're not sober... or both.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfAKeJHaHH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not driving yourself
cuckold: the post

You have autism

>can you fix my car for meee???

>I would buy and old car, like 5 years old and save money for a new electric one. they will all be electric in 5 years you know

>who cares if it has an electric handbreake. its way better and you dont need a manual one at all

>tesla is like the best car manufacturer in the world right now

i modestly like cars, i hate autistic car enthousiasts

This.

>Will you fix my car for me?
>Figure out what's wrong
>Needs new headgasket
>Yeah alright, It'll be $50 for the gasket, and I'll do it for $600
>WHAT THE FUCK user I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND OMG

Yeah, good luck finding a place that'll do a headgasket for less than $1200 on an old Subaru.

Your friend:
>Hey, Randall from work is meeting up at the bar with some chicks from his yoga class, I'll DD, want to come?
You:
>No, what kind of cuckfag rides passenger?
Your [former] friend:
>O--oh, okay. See you around.

Okay? I'm sure you are perfectly okay as passenger with some rando guy bizzed on a few brews blasting his automatic camaro at 130 mph weaving in traffic.

>drinking
degenerate
you can still go to Randall and his friends, but drive yourself you ficc

It was just a random fictional anecdote to explain that, if you live a normal life, you'll be a passenger sometimes you ficc.

>subaru
Boxer motor?
They aren't that bad if you can get it on a lift. Might as well do the timing job from hell while you're their. $600 seems fair (for both head gaskets + timing kit).

*there
And I'm like wtf google, don't correct my correct grammar incorrectly.

>tesla is like the best car manufacturer in the world right now
I'm sure it's only Americans that live in the SF Bay Area that actually believe this.

Yes, but since we're "Friends" they expect you to do all the work for free.

I fucking hate to be a passenger, I'm even clutching and braking unconsciously whenever I'm shotgun

People don't know how to drive a car it's really scary to be a passenger

The worst thing is the fucking cost.

Purchase price, insurance, parts, track days, tires, gasoline, tools, wear items. Nothing about this hobby is cheap.

I think the worst part is not being able to drive normie cars. I can't just drive my reliable, efficient cheap camry, I know there's better vehicles out there that are more satisfying to drive, So I'll probably end up driving something unreliable and expensive to fuel. Oh well, such is life with hobbies

>getting into a car with an intoxicated driver
How much of a moron do you have to be?

>cruising around with buddy I haven't spoke to in a while
>Shitroen in my way
>talk shit about Shitroens
>drop him off
>red Shitroen C1 on his driveway

kek

now your never going to speak to him again kekek

for me it's explaining things or the work that i do on my own vehicle to normies who try to lecture me about how i should be a casual like them
and letting the things these people say or do roll off my back without calling them retards

>tell an acquaintance that i had loose end link bolts because the ball joints (on endlinks) were bad
oh you gotta check those PITTON arms user!
>dis nigga thinks pitman arms are french
and look at your ball joints, they're important!!
>mfw he says better I sort that out!
if it was actually a friend i cared about i would have corrected him, but it was hard to not call him out on it
>he was kind of doing me a favor
>only person around was my grill, no point in belittling him

I hate the nagging I get from friends and family when I buy a car from the 80's or 90's. "You know that thing's just gonna break, right? It's gonna cost a lot to go to a shop and get it fixed." Do they just not understand that you can buy generic parts online and fix shit yourself? On top of that I don't daily this stuff.

Fucking this

i got an All-trac Camry and i'm still getting shit for it.

even though i've fucking thrown 60k miles on it and replaced exactly a muffler (with a stock one, the original was rusted all to shit).

fucking non car people REE

Imagine how bikefags feel

>you know that things already been broken a dozen times, right? and that you're going to break it, right? and that you're going to break yourself, right?

Now go buy a 20th century shitbox and use the word "drift missile" to get the same effect

I have precisely 3 friends who know more about cars (in some respects) than I do, and all 3 of them are old guys. One has had more really cool cars than I've had birthdays, another is a mechanic who works on shitboxes all day long, and another used to be a mechanic who has a lot more practical experience but hasn't kept up on car tech in the past 10-15 years.

I'm generally not bothered when people try to cars or whatnot with me though - why should I be? The way I see it they're just trying to be friendly and make a connection with me - it would be pretty damn spergy of me to flip out at them because they don't know what a differential is.

When other car enthusiasts try to talk to you about cars.

Just fucking end me.

And when they pronounce brand names wrong

toyotta
hondai
suzucki
kawasacky
conesnig
ferd
porshay

>let me show you what this bad girl can do.
this is how paul walker died

This
and this.
Literally the worst.

>user i need to borrow your battery charger my car doesnt start too good
>comes back an hour later
>i need a 14 volt charger my car battery is special i got it from a battery shop its 14 volt do you have a 14 volt charger
>no they dont make 14 volt chargers nor 14 volt car batteries
>no youre wrong it says on the battery ill just go online and find a 14 volt battery charger
>another hour
>can you teach me how to use ebay?
ANGERY

> Worst Things About Being Car Enthusiasts
> calling ones self a ''Car Enthusiast''
> trip

Faggot found.

Similar thing happened to me...
>driving with friend
>narrow country road
>this bitch comes from other side
>she has to reverse because she is closer to wider part of the road than us
>tok her ages
>"this bitch can't drive huh"
>"that's my gf dude"

That was the last time I commented on anything, ever.

>be me
>be mechanic
>buddy asks me about having an actual tranny swap in his car
>I mean, its an old 80's shitbox that takes no senors and electronics, its not AWD nor 4x4, but fine
>give him a relatively cheap price
>"what? Dude! i thought you would do it for free!"

>coworkers know I'm a car guy and do all my own work
>one of them is poor and buys a $500 shitbox every year instead of bothering to fix them
>her husband is a massive fucking retard who does ghetto repairs to keep them barely running
>despite being the dumbest shit they somehow function through redneck magic
>he's wrong most of the time and fixes the actual problem accidentally
>she asks me if she can "hire me" to fix her suspension because it's making a fucked up vibration
>her husband claims it's tie rod but I don't trust him
>kind of want to make money on the side but feel like it won't be worth it if ANYTHING at all goes wrong
>redneck shithead would probably blame me for all unrelated problems in the future

One day after my dad and I hitched at my mom for the third time letting the oil levels get super low, my mom asked me to show her where to put oil in the engine, so I did. I was even kind enough to show her how to check her oil levles so she knows when it needs topping up.

So one day I get an irate phone call from her, saying the car is in the shop for repairs and it's going to cost a couple gs and it's all my fault and I should pay for it. I drive down to the garage and ask them what's wrong and it turns out for the last year she's been putting the engine oil in the coolant reservoir, the power steering fluid reservoir, and the wiper fluid bottle.

My Simson S51 drives since 1983, it has at least the 3rd new cylinder and gets its next clutch soon.
And it still the fastest street legal moped with officialy 60km/h and realy 70km/h top speed.
(37.5 and 43.75 for burgers)

Doesn´t it say OIL on the oilcap?

Some manufacturers use symbols instead of words.

But these Symbols are usually pretty obvious aren´t they?

What made her think she had a 14 volt battery?

>2016
>not explaining to your gf oil goes into the one with the 710 cap

The correct response would have been:
"Then teach her how to drive."
That is, if he was actually your friend.

Stop writing this, some people might actualy belive this.

>her

>when people go on about supercars and I just don't care because they're not relevant to me
>when people go on about their friend's mate's second cousin's mother's half-son twice removed's older uncle's grandson's step sister's dudebro ex-boyfriend who killed himself on a motorcycle
>never mind he was a squid who was going over 9000mph between cars on his GSX-Rwhateverhighlypoweredsportbike and got rekt harder than his mother did the night he was conceived
>general hatred/insecurity towards motorcycles in general (and the "they deserved it" attitude)
>when people buy SUV's and think they're cool
>when people don't learn lessons from their old cars and continually buy awful cars
>anyone who thinks doing anything other than driving when you're driving is OK (i.e. being on the phone, drinking, being on drugs etc)

>dude I know has 2nd gen renault laguna
>one of the most unreliable cars ever made, an all around failure of a car. Cheap as fuck to buy and comfy though
>has deer accident, car dead
>keeps looking for a car for months, I figure he looks for something particular
>one day he turns up in a peugeot 307 diseasel
>synchronised facepalms everywhere, kinda like in the oscars scene in the 3rd naked gun movie
>car spends about 4 of the next 6 months in the shop due to a gearbox failure, turbo failure and various suspension components apparently being made of cheese
>and spare parts took weeks to be delivered for some reason
>I don't know what he did but at some point the 307 disappeared, and he bought...

A Mercedes 220E, W24

>big four pot/5 speed is the most efficient drivetrain variant, and the 16 valve 2.2 was a further improvement on the old 2.3 in terms of reliability and efficiency
>he managed to buy a car from the ~6 months where they had introduced the new engine, but not yet the 2nd facelift (which would be an E 220)
>so it's got the better engine, but less issues with electronics and rust than the later cars

So... he kinda redeemed himself (or coincidentally bought the right car) and it's been treating him well so far. Good for him after all that shit with french cars from the early 2000s (their worst period)

>oil in wiper fluid reservoir
Jesus christ

Hmmm, perhaps it's the fact my country treats me like a CHILD MOLESTER for liking cars.

And the fact we get given longer jail terms for burnouts than masturbating in a public library to CP.

I'm not even exaggerating.

She probably learned that batteries charge around 14v. She probably also doesn't understand nominal figures.

What faggot country do you live in? Surely it must be European.

He's referring to australia.

Burnouts sometimes get people actual jail terms, while recently there's a melbourne judge (jane patrick) who has been letting people off for insane shit.

This judge let a guy off for fapping to cp in a library because he was an immigrant and she did not want him deported.

The same judge has been letting apex niggers (violent african carjackers) off on bail, one bashed a grandma nearly to death the night after she let them loose.

Meanwhile, the general public literally has more compassion for a pedophile than a car lover. I'm not even fucking joking. He's right, the media ran a massive blitz here and drummed it into people's heads that any sort of car mod = evil

no hobby is cheap, it's a superfluous non essential part of life that you do to keep happy, cars are probably the most expensive alongside hardcore biking/hiking, but shit like gaming, TCG, still expensive

I would not mind that if johnny law and .mr tax man would just fuck off
they make running a car double the cost it needs to be

Australia not wanting to deport an immigrant?
They have prison colony islands where they keep illegal immigrants. Australia is literally has a criminal government.

wtf is TCG?

>reading the paper
>combustion engine banned by 2030

>if they're not sober.

If you're dumb enough to get knowingly get in a car with a drunk driver, you deserve whatever happens to you.

it's insane how nanny state australia can be.

i visited for camping once, was pulled up by a park ranger and fined for picking up firewood.

fallen wood.

i later found out that their labor government teamed up with the forestry union to push through this ban to force people to buy firewood.

apparently it also increases aussie bushfires, having all that fuel sitting there on the ground not being picked up by campers like me who just wanted to start a fire.

for fuck's sake, it's not like i was cutting a tree down. this is fallen fucking wood.

aussies are nice people, their country is beautiful but fuck their government

trading card games man like magic or yugioh

The sale of new cars with combustion engines of them is banned you dip, not the used ones or purchased before 2030 ones

Yuropoors

They never shut up about America and complain about "loud v8 engines".

They are a bunch of sour grape cucks who drive 1.3 liter diesels because muh emissions.

What cuck country is that in?

>You are into cars right? Can you take a look at mine? Its acting kind of weird and making a noise.

>be a driver in a large-ish commercial fleet (bout 30 vehicles from hatchbacks to semis)
>be forced to drive absolute nightmare shitboxes
>managers never do any maintenance whatsoever unless the vehicle is broken down on the side of the road

the horror

cont. various shit wrong with fleet vehicles that just don't get fixed

>drivers door won't open at all, have to use passenger door and slide across
>freightliner starter motor shits the bed, spend 10-15 minutes hitting it with hammer and push starting it every day for literally 8 months until the wiring loom catches fire one day
>brakes discs with big heat cracks in them get ignored - "it still stops right?"
>one transit van has literally no engine mounts left, the engine is held in place by the hoses attached to it and bounces around breaking shit in the engine bay
>tires not replaced until down to the steel belts

If you have any trace of mechanical sympathy whatsoever, do not do any kind of commercial driving for a living. Fuck me.

Report/sue them for endangering their worker and the general population, and for breaking tire laws.

Australian detected

The most culturally enriched of them all, Germany.

German here, we won't ban ICE cars anytime soon, Norway will.

>moped
ffs I would rather walk

Ah, the good ol' oily windshield

Try owning a boat.

>Labor government
>Unions
There's your problem m8

Should've heeded the warning.

>be emt
>get call to mva (motor vehicle accident)
>bretty standard
>check automated dispatch
>5 fire engines a ladder truck and 3 aid units
>Holy Neptune
>arrive on scene to a car wrapped around a tree in a graveyard
>entire row of tombstones cracked in half
>can see skid marks across entire cemetery
>see 2 dead kids
>see one extremely drunk woman
>it was her car
>she had the audacity to yell at the dead kids and tell them not to play in cemetarys at night
Apparently she was driving drunk and rolled over at 80 mph. Flew into a cemetery and rolled 9 times. Killed these 2 kids and came out with nothing but a broken foot. I had never felt a greater rage in my life. The rest of the night I was shaking with how furious I was. She demanded compensation for her car.

m8 thats not even car enthusiast, thats just worst thing about being an emt, or being alive

Oh right it was a FUCKING GEO METRO YOU FUCKERS.
Just knowing that people think it's okay to drink and drive pisses me off. Even when I see it ironically on here.

Been there, done that. They're so much fun, but not worth the fucking effort for something you only use occasionally.

She yelled at the kids because she was drunk, and obviously not thinking straight.

Did she demand compensation for her car after she became sober?

Either way, people like that need to be put away. If they show no remorse, they should be killed.

I only saw her while she was drunk but I was still pretty buttblasted. Alcoholics are the worst.

Please tell me this bitch got what she deserved.

>two kids got killed by a Geo Metro

God have mercy on their souls

>not taking every opportunity to leave your car at home and not risk it in a parking lot/curb

>Worst Things About Being Car Enthusiasts
4 speeds.

I'm dying

This is true it's what killed Paul Walker as well as that Russian street drifting guy

Wich car still has only 4 gears?
Even my 09 econobox has 5.

also bias ply tires

his car was on the origional factory (read over 10 year old) tires

I know guys still using tires from the USSR...

Bull shit they were bias ply.
Even if they were 20 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=bfAKeJHaHH8

>but what if it rains?
>but you can't carry things on a bike.
>you could die on one of those, my friend's sister's cousin's uncle on youtube...

cars are a more expensive hobby than all the shit you listed though

1. I don´t fucking care.
2. I can carry enough.
3. Just because some drivers drive with a high risk doesn´t mean I do.

>she survived the accident
I'd say "no" but maybe she kills herself or lives depressed for the rest of her life if that's what you mean.

>kawasacky

It's just the y that's wrong there, right?

I pronounce it like Kawasakee

>mfw we could've lost Jay Leno too

I think he means pronouncing it something like kawasäcky

>Hey user, you're a car enthusiast too?
Mfw