Buying a new VW Golf (GTI) tomorrow

I'm falling for month-end sales. On the fence between getting a Golf Wolfsburg (all the fanciest features, most importantly to me has a sunroof), vs spending 3k more and getting a Golf GTI S.

Golf:
Sunroof
"Driver assistance" safety features
Leatherette (a negative, I like the Clark Plaid)

GTI:
Drives like a beast
Clark Plaid
Nicer rims
Nicer interior
The red stripe on the grill

So fun to drive vs comfort. The regular Golf is peppy enough, but the GTI is so fast it's like drugs. But really most of the time you'll be cruising anyways so maybe comfort is better...

thoughts?

I have a sunroof and never use it, I don't get the appeal.

The only thing I use my sunroof for is when I want to set something down and don't want to put it on the paint I put it on my sunroof.

I wonder if I'll use it, but I've had a car with a sunroof before and I miss it. The light + having air circulation without it being as disruptive as opening the side window I guess is the appeal. If you never drive with windows open you probably wouldn't use a sunroof either. I like the feeling.

get a civic for 3k or a car actually worth financing.

Test drove them, you should test drive a Golf, it's so much nicer to drive. I'm aware in terms of resale and reliability Honda is ahead but I'm just going for enjoyable to drive and accepting somewhat higher repairs.

I mean a civic for 3k. not a shitty new one. Why would you buy an econobox new? get a volt for 15k or a used luxury car.

Because some people want new cars.

>GTI is so fast it's like drugs
You either need to get out of Yurop and drive some fast cars, or get out of Yurop and do some real drugs.

>New

No want you want is nineties

Neither.

Fiesta ST, its way more fun to drive than the GTI and cheap like the Golf

I bought a mk VI golf once, and i pined for the GTI the whole time so i replaced it with a Mk VI GTI. Don't even waste your time on the Golf. I think you should spring for the performance pack GTI (GTI Sport), or you will regret not doing it.

get the golf r or don't buy a volkswagen product at all.

gti's are for vaping, snapback wearing faggots, and golfs are for the local, rich dorm whore.

please don't fall for the volkswagen meme. the plaid seats literally give your eyes & ass cancer, and the fwd is rage inducing.

I think this is what would end up happening with me, thanks.
I laughed, I wish I had more fun money then I would. I've already fallen for the VW meme, it's too late for me :^)

Mk7 GTI owner here. I love mine. Very fun, very practical. Though I'm 36. If you're in your 20's or younger, a focus ST or fiesta ST might be better suited. Cheaper and more appealing to the younger population in my opinion.

Also....

North American Car of the 2015 Year
Motor Trend 2015 Car of the Year
Yahoo Autos Car of the Year 2015
2015 Car & Driver 10 Best (9th year in a row)
Car & Driver Best in Class Sport Compact 2015
Automobile Magazine 2015 All-Star
Autoweek Best of the Best / Car 2015
Road & Track Performance Car of the Year Finalist 2015
AutoGuide.com Car of the Year nominee 2015
Detroit Free Press Car of the Year Runner Up 2015
2013 European Car of the Year
World Car of the Year
2013 Car of the Year Japan
2013-14 Japan's Import Car of the Year
2014 What Car? - Best Estate Car (Great Britain)
2013 Wheels Car of the Year (Australia)
2013 Cars Guide Car of the Year (Australia)

So ya, the Mk7 GTI is pretty gud.

I pocked up a new gti one last week, have already done 900km. Great car, a bit tame. if you really want to get a great driving experience, youll have to slap some sportier springs on it. Otherwise, make sure you get the leather seats for the gti. the plaid looks horrific

Post tits

ECU flash will take care of the tame part

for fun I agree esp since it's a cheaper option, but the GTI probably beats both ST in terms of comfort

it's decent, I've driven the 2015 GTI a decent amount and own a 2016 GLI. I'd rather have a GTI than a regular Golf, 170HP is just not enough.

Don't buy, lease. The second the warranty is up all hell will break loose. These new cars are designed to break. If you're extremely adamant get the gti. Expect coolant leaks and leaky headlights. Also make sure to check the oil, vw is keen on shipping cars a quart low. Whether it's stick or DSG they're both solid.

At 2000 miles my GTI decided it didn't need any coolant and leaked it all over the road. Apparently a recalled ended up fixing it but I'm still sketched out by a few things with my GTI. Love the car but god damn does shit keep happening.

>golf r
>imbliging it's not fwd anyways
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

This or buy one that has very low mileage already
>save initial depreciation hit
>still has warranty

or just get the Mk VI. I had one the VI and VII aren't that much different m8

golf r isn't worth the asking price, it costs as much as an audi s3 basically and the audi should be nicer

Only problem is the s3 is only auto. But I agree the golf r is outrageous money for what you get.

Get the GTI and make sure it has the performance pack (230BHP, better brakes and a great diff)

>0-62 in 6.4 secs is not fast
>150 mph is not fast

How's that bus ride user?

A golf gti will beat any american muscle car on narrow winding european streets

american cars are built to travel in straight lines