Apparently Veloster mkII is going to be a mid-engine rear-or-all-wheel drive 300hp manual monster

Apparently Veloster mkII is going to be a mid-engine rear-or-all-wheel drive 300hp manual monster.

Other urls found in this thread:

europe.autonews.com/article/20160204/COPY/302059999?template=mobile02&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1
youtube.com/watch?v=yuhIMfj9950
youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb3VBpDvis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm hyped for it. Hyundai has been massively improving in the last 7ish years.

And enthusiasts still won't like it, because Hyundai doesn't know what makes a sports car a sports car. It's not about numbers, it's about little intangible things you can't put on a spec sheet.

Engine response, suspension tuning, steering feel, noise, pedal placement, seating position, small shit like that.

And it's going to replace the i20 as their WRC car.

if thats the case ill be buying one
i dont give a shit about korean stigma these days. there's nothing wrong with owning a korean car in the current year

People haven't been hugely disappointed with the Genesis Coupe. It's rough around the edges but at its price point it's bretty good.

considering its their first attempt at a legitimate sports car they did pretty good

This 2bh family

I'd rather a i20 over a new Corolla

The Genesis's problem is that the Mustang exists

Sameshill

Hyundai poached the former head of BMW's M division mid 2015.

Hyundai's performance cars are going to have all the magic feel of your krautmobiles.

>europe.autonews.com/article/20160204/COPY/302059999?template=mobile02&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Bullshit it will, Hyundai is never going to make anything interesting.

yeah i'm sure hyundai's market research team is really trying to hit the Veeky Forums autist market

But it will continue to be lacking in the style dept. (imo)

Saw the car at the Paris Motorshow
Looked pretty cool.

I don't really like modern BMW at all, but at least the M2 shows they haven't completely lost themselves.

It did one lap at the 'Ring a few days ago, in full camouflage, which confirmed a lot of production suspicions, considering the "one-off concept" had already been revealed back in June.

yeah not quite
do you do palm readings too?

It's also ditching it's 3-door setup , and will most likely also lose its rear seats altogether.

Any spy pics of the booty?

It is being reported on as a new interpretation of the Renault Clio V6.

Reminder of what the current Veloster looks like.

>MR Hot Hatch
That's a Hyundai I might actually consider buying.

>It is being reported on as a new interpretation of the Renault Clio V6.

I AM FUCKING SOLD OH MY GOD PLEASE YES

If it isn't terribly expensive I will trade in my V turbo.

I have a feeling it is going to be 40k though.

What about the Tiburon?

FF economy coupe does not a legitimate sports car make. Stuff like the Integra Type R gets a pass, but the Tiburon is nowhere close.

Basically handwaving/buzzword reasons as to why you dont like the car

Audi designers and BMW engineers.

Hyundai is getting serious.

I would buy this! Always liked how Veloster's looked. If this is true I hope it does well.

Need more wing tho. just a tab more.

What makes the ITR get a pass?
Not doubting, just curious. I looked at a few and they seemed really like really ugly shitboxes, tho I've never seen a type r

Hyundai is our new lord. Nissan killed the IDx, Toyota's new Supra is inevitably going to be an ugly V6 TT hybrid pigfat BMW-powered abomination, Mitsu is dead, Honda fucked the NSX. This is all we have now. ALL HAIL

>20 year
>200K Mile warranty

For the love of good
Make better sports cars you Korean bastards

There's something off.

The front and the rest of the car don't go well together for some reason.

I'm really happy with what Hyundai has been doing this past few years. They're an honest company who are shifting into the sports categories but still have their innocence. Their cars remind me of MMM-sponsored Age Solo cars from R4. I really am starting to like Hyundais quite a lot.

The base Integra wasn't exactly a shitbox to begin with (like the Civic) but they went balls out on the performance model. The ITR was basically a homologated race car.

after all these years the headlights are still a giveaway that the old Audi designer is working for Hyndai

probably his signature

Former owner here
The tiburon was not built for sporting.
Its heavy. It has a clutch made of tissues.
The v6 makes 172 hp to the crank, and you're lucky to get 24 mpg highway.
With mods it can be fun, but there are better cars that can be had for the money.
The only thing the car has going for it is that it looks good and sounds good desu
youtube.com/watch?v=yuhIMfj9950

can some one tell me why prototypes paint looks like zebras?

>trusting a Korean company to make something without cutting corners and lying about it

Enjoy your shitbox.

Brand new fascia+slightly updated Veloster ass. Also it being a mid-engine hatchback

its a shitbox. People give it and the Celica a pass because of the nostalgia.

They are JUST economy-powered shitboxes.

Car brands are always awesome when they still don't have a great name and still have to work hard to get win over customers.

Once they get hyped, all kinds of bad shit happens to them.

The front is sorta rounded and bulbous while the rest is angular and agressive.

I think it looks alright, though. It avoids the catfish look that Supras have and is definitely an upgrade over the squinty angry fronts most new cars have.

I'm sill not letting anyone who represents me roll in a hyundai

Celica used to have an AWD Rally inspired model, though.

It was a homologation special, but yes. And that model was good. Everything else was a corolla coupe.

So it's harder to identify a car. In theory it obscures the shape and details (see WW2 pic related) It also disguises an unfinished car that probably doesn't look good yet

fun facts
turbo mr2 is a mid engine rwd Celica GTfour
non-turbo mr2 is a mid engine corolla

Say it with me Veeky Forums, I will never buy Korean.

Hyundai's look pretty good lately. Was considering an old tiburon for awhile until Veeky Forums set me straight. I probably didn't do much better with a supercharged lsj vs the tib's slow v6.

It's a good looking little car though.

>Shitbox
>Considered the best handling FWD car.

>An interesting and little-publicized fact about the 1995–2001 DC2 Type R is that Honda lost money on every single vehicle sold, even though extra dealer markups sometimes made for excessive dealer profit. Honda produced the DC2 Type R for homologation purposes to meet FIA certification of the motor and the chassis changes to make the car more competitive in N-series and World Cup racing. The details required, hand tooling in early versions and finishing the product through the use of various small fabrication shops in Japan made for increased costs in manufacture that could not be made up in the list price of the vehicles. Honda (and Acura in the US) deemed the car important for the marque's image and important for the racing programmes of the era, and the parent company therefore accepted a financial net loss on each vehicle sold.

>It has been acclaimed by motoring journalists world-wide, including Evo magazine, who named the Type R 'the greatest front-wheel-drive performance car ever.' and TheAutoChannel.com who also named it 'the best handling front-wheel drive car ever.

Go fuck yourself user

youtube.com/watch?v=Ipb3VBpDvis

it's seriously just a civic with a body kit

>300hp
>monster
kek.

>Basically handwaving/buzzword reasons
t. nocar

But the real question is, did they get Lotus to do the suspension again?

And to think I've got my sister constantly trying to unload her Integra GS-R on me but I don't need another DD
Worth it? Bone stock btw, she's the original owner and her boyfriend for life has been pretty good with maintenance.

Oh I knew that. I was just curious what made the Integra so special in the world of FF cars, kind of understanding now
Whoa, neat read user.
That's actually pretty fucking awesome.

This is just a concept for SEMA, which is happening this week.

OP is a moron. As is most of Veeky Forums.

>Anonymous
Group B 2.0 my nigga

Jap

>Hyundai is a Korean brand
>No option for Kumho performance tires on sport models

Why

Contract with another tire maker. Duh.

Cause Korean companies know not to trust Korean companies.

It WAS a concept, unveiled half a year ago.

Someone saw it at the Nurburgring just last week wearing zebra paint. Why would they test a SEMA concept in Germany, wearing camouflage?

checked
don't know why there is even ads on this site for anything but weebshit

>don't know why there is even ads on this site for anything but weebshit
Because Hiroshimoot sells ad space to the highest bidder.

But

The V720 is my favorite summer tire . .

Do myself a favor and kill yourself

Shortly thereafter, contemplate suicide for being such a fucking idiot that you even considered a Hyundai

Depends on the price, but the GS-R is pretty good, motor and trans are in demand if the body is fucked.

You're retarded if you even think for a second that hyundai have improved. This guys are either shills or not enthusiast.

Buying gook shit with crap quality is beyond me.

k Jap

>Audi that high up
List confirmed bullshit.

this is going to end up like the alfa 4c

great car, but no third pedal

>people shitting on based korea nuke manufacturer
hyundai isn't any bmw but they sure know how to make a reliable econobox

>better than Mazda 3/6
>better than Ferd Fi/Fost
>better than VW GLI/GTI

Didn't think that chart through, did you?

>gook cars

Yeah? And a regular civic could shit on a miata. Another blind civic hatred

DC2 ITR has 190hp in a 1000kg car that is quite possibly the best handling front wheel drive car of all time. DC5r has more power but is 100kgs heavier

Those are shit too you moron. Thats legit, you wouldnt know because you're a bus rider.

Just kill yourself you slant eyed rice farmer

>hyundai's are designed by Europeans
>european designed cars look alike

SHOCKING

Hi again Jap shill. Posting the same dumb images again? I thought you would shut up after being humiliated last time. Why do you always leave the thread when you have no arguments? Try to stay with us this time.

So lonely you have to make people reply to you by being a troll?

You don't have to do this user. I love you already, friend.

Wasn't the car on the right designed first?

Don't even reply to that idiot. He always posts that particular image and say "shit gook cars" in every thread that mentions Hyundai. It's starting to get old.

So you cant argue with facts? Wow, gooks are really retarded. Hyundai drives like shit and reliability is shit

>better than Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, etc.

Nice reading comprehension, Nipples. The last two threads you were in I stayed in the thread and kept arguing with real arguments while you stopped replying.

Your only argument in EVERY thread I saw you was that "shit gook cars" are bad. Period. You never even give a coherent reason. There should be ID's and flags just for bitches like you.

What's the difference in MPGs?

You do realize the point of Skyactiv right

Daily reminder never to trust a Korean company. See: Samsung and their exploding phones.

Who cares about those? Atleast theyre not shit from time to time unlikr hyundai

>i cant argur with facts
>b-but I won in another thread! That makes hyundai better!

Gook posters everyone

No it isn't. The wheelbase is too long, and a front-engine layout with a front-biased AWD system is faster on loose surfaces. Their 2017 car is a 2-door i20 and it's going to remain that way.

>yfw you are a chronic samefagger and likes to pretend to be multiple people in a thread

There should be ID's and flags for bitches like you

My Note 7 never exploded. I took it to AT&T and they gave me a Galaxy 7 Edge, the other best phone of 2016.

They also tell me I am automatically eligible for a free Note 8 next year.

Mistakes happen, then you redeem yourself. Bretty gud Korean company.

Are you poor? Honestly who gives a shit.

I guess the point of sports cars are muuh mpg

>its ok if korea does it
Or not trust korean products. Honestly nothing came from korean which we can call good

The point is the ND *new* would cost less to run than that same civic (if it was also new)

I got mid 40s on the highway below 2K in an ND

It's not just that they make mistakes, they lie and try to cover them up. It's the Southeast Asian way.