Is there a stock V6 engine note that can be mistaken for a V8 (or very similar to one)?

Is there a stock V6 engine note that can be mistaken for a V8 (or very similar to one)?

I know the base 2011+ mustangs sound pretty damn good for a v6.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XVP9cWCAPLU
youtube.com/watch?v=c0hDlJeKFP4
youtube.com/watch?v=7iEZksFQ83g
youtube.com/watch?v=JwskbS8f3aA
youtu.be/dZGgYfITJUw
youtube.com/watch?v=sqMrrGgIrpk
youtube.com/watch?v=OuY0pJV0MPY
youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I know the base 2011+ mustangs sound pretty damn good for a v6.

lol no they still sound like shit m8

Can't even hold a candle to the 5.0

They're basically as powerful as the 4.6's though lol

ya but 4.6 makes shit power.

Don't be a cuck and buy the v8 faggot

The chevy 4.3 with an exhaust is as close as your going to get, it has to be a engine with a large displacement. Most engines under 4l start to get "sports carish" and raspy like a typical V6 car engine.

What's so bad about V6's? With the right exhaust they sound fairly robust. I don't get all the hate, is it just a meme?

Some dumb faggots think there is nothing more important than displacement.

>my v6 matches a v8 designed in 1990

>buying an american car with the lesser engine when all its good for is its v8 engine

Yeah, don't be a cuck by buying the V8 :)

If the V8 model of the car exists, then it's bad. If the V6 is the only/top of the range, it's good.

>With the right exhaust they sound fairly robust.
ahahahahahhahaha

v6 will always sound like shit compared to a v8

youtube.com/watch?v=XVP9cWCAPLU

The crap V6s they shoved into the 2000s and older pony cars aren't examples of good V6s. Something like the VQ series is an example of a good V6.

V6 is absolutely the most dickless engine layout ever created. Even 3 cylinders have a reason to exist.

>v6 will always sound like shit compared to a v8
>I know nothing about exhaust note tuning

ftfy

>exhaust note tuning
wasting my money to fix something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place

Top kek

Sorry m8, this isn't an i6 faggot fanboy thread.

>wasting my money
v6 is almost always cheaper than a v8 model of the same car, to tune of thousands of dollars.

if you can get a catback to make your v6 sound good for less, the power is similar, and you care about the sound that much, it may well be less expensive.

That's besides the point, no one ever really answered why you guys think v6 is so horrible. I mean I understand that more displacement is really nice, but that doesn't automatically make an smaller displacement engine worse. People care about weight, placement, and other things, too.

It's a meme for Eurocucks that are jealous of our freedom and any vehicle >1.5L.

They're bench racing faglords that want you to buy shit you don't want or need because they can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=c0hDlJeKFP4

>if you can get a catback to make your v6 sound good for less
Still sounds worse than a v8

>the power is similar
Still less

>and you care about the sound that much
v8 sounds better

>it may well be less expensive.
WRONG

>Spending all this time and extra money on a v6
KEK At that point you could of just bought a v8

Can't compete

youtube.com/watch?v=7iEZksFQ83g

fuck a V6. doesnt sound as good as a straight 6, more pita to work on, no added benefits of v8, literally why? Like what fucking car has a v6 that doesnt come with a better v8 option, or just went with a straight 6 design anyways.

New mustang V6 sound like Nissan VQ engines a bit. Good, but not like a V8.

My ej22 with an open header sounds quite a lot like a v8, but it's a flat 4.

but you really couldn't have. Catbacks are cheap, v8's are not. v8 over v6 can be as much as $10k, in what world is any exhaust modding that much?

>youtube.com/watch?v=7iEZksFQ83g

>thinking this sounds good

>I6 faggot fanboys playing their tune again
You guys crack me up.

look you can spend extra money on an exhaust system which will still sound worse than a v8.

msrp 2016 mustang gt vs egoboost v6 is 8k
spend 2k on egoboost exhaust.
Now at 6k difference
This gap is for the newer mustangs.
The gap shortens when buying used.
It's worth getting the v8.
The extra cost is justified for a better platform.

If this gap is such a huge deal to you, you might want to consider buying a 3k honda shitbox.

Now back to the start of the thread
>Is there a stock V6 engine note that can be mistaken for a V8
No you can always tell the difference

>I know the base 2011+ mustangs sound pretty damn good for a v6.
They can sound pretty good, but will never sound better than a v8 counterpart
Clearly we are comparing same car platforms with different engine models, and the v8 just sounds plain better.

if you guys want to argue weather some burger v8 sounds better than a nip v6 be my guest. It's not what op asked but you guys can have at it.

>No you can always tell the difference
not with a lot of euro v8's, they have a firing order which evens out the exhaust tone. maybe for 'merrican v8's, they have that lumpy, burbly sound which nothing else really has, but that kind of discounts anything with a different firing order.

fair enough point my post was mainly about American cars with different engine options.

>not with a lot of euro v8's, they have a firing order which evens out the exhaust tone
Unless you're talking about a rare exception like a flat plane Ferrari V8, fucking bullshit. Audi, BMW and Mercedes all share firing orders with American counterparts

our 4.3l sounds only v8-ish at idle

at high RPM its all V6
>high rpm
>5200 redline

sounds nothing like my LS1.

actually the 4.3l sounds less like a truck at idle. my LS1 sounds like a dump truck at idle

VQ engines sound really nice imo. Deep and throaty like a V8.
youtube.com/watch?v=JwskbS8f3aA

nothing like a V8. the 60 degree V6 is the quintessential V6 sound

>have you fags ever drove a V8

It's kinda close but obviously it's not going to be the same.

Not even close to a V8, they're more of a smooth purr which is kind of monotone and gets old after a while.

the 4.3l is a little screamer

it has no problem sitting near redline

its sounds good for a v6 not bad at all

>Deep and throaty like a V8
No not quite

>Implying any V8 in history has ever sounded so good
V8fags on suicide watch.

youtu.be/dZGgYfITJUw

>I don't like v8s

>Engine note

My car spends very little time at idle so I don't really care

You should try knowing this feel

Because it redlines at 5500

see this

No, stupid.

Ford 4.2 V6 and 4.9 I6 from the trucks with the right muffler sound very similar to the Mod V8s, mostly at idle, Infiniti's 3.7 liter with a muffler delete sounds earily similar to an Aston V8 under some circumstances

The 3800 v6 in the firebird

A v8 can sound fine while straight piped, like a Holden 5.0 litre or Chevy small block or LS motor, v6's are usually shit sounding, Jaguar is pretty much the only company that can make a tasty v6 sound.

Mercedes are now switching to straight-sixes because V6's are no longer any cheaper to produce. The only reason they are used is cheapness and efficiency, if you want a nice engine you get something with at least 8 cylinders and 5l capacity.

Also, the barra straight six can make 1000 hp fairly easily, so v6's can get fucked because they sound like reverse gear with no synchros.

ya no fucking way, not even close to ls1 see >youtube.com/watch?v=XVP9cWCAPLU

Daily reminder that straight pipes are for retards.

If someone isn't making serious power with a car a straight pipe is just rice shit

That wasn't the point, what I was saying is that v8's sound good without any electronic or exhaust trickery.

never late in a 3.8

No, you can't cheat like that. Unless you play it through your speakers like oem's are doing.

The camaro v6 sounds amazing however. Some guy hoons one around my area and I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw him go by. That motor needs to go in something else lighter.

It sounds ok but if you're going to make suicide watch claims post an alfa Romeo busso v6 or that other little Mazda 1.8 v6 (I think it also came in 2 and 2.2)

2000s Alfa 156 can have an N/A Ferrari V8 tone to it with the right exhaust.
youtube.com/watch?v=sqMrrGgIrpk

Got this one covered
youtube.com/watch?v=OuY0pJV0MPY

New C63 AMG

I bought a fan shroud off a v6 Dodge at a junk yard thinking it was a 318

It's pretty hard to get a V6 to do, or sound, like this
youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8

If "tuning" was all it took to make a V6 sound good, there would be more than one good sounding V6. Currently there is only one V6 powered car in production that doesn't sound like ass, and it's a Jaguar.