Is this a match made in heaven?

Is this a match made in heaven?

Mazda
>small cars, mid size
>above average quality

Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram
>suvs, trucks, large cars
>shit quality

It looks like Sergio wants a merger or he wants to sell the entire thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2016/02/20/marchionne-reshapes-fiat-chrysler-merger-sale/80520970/
consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9pTLa3mSE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't you fucking dare taint Mazda with pigfat unreliable filthy FCA

>Mazda challenger

Yes please

Source?

OP's prolapsed anus

>Mazda
>above average quality

Better than subaru

>Japanese made Challenger with smaller overall scale, Mazda applies their weight reduction magic

If this ever happens I'm buying one in manual and deleting the power side mirrors for fender mirrors ASAP

>4-6 rotor tarbo snek
>mileage is so poor it goes negative and begins to generate gasoline
pls

dodge fag here,

If you haven't noticed for the past 3 years, Cpt. Faggot Sergio has been trying to "merge" with literally every car company in existence. The dude asked GM, Ford, VW, and now potentially Mazda. He is making the whole company look like ass and is seriously fucking shit up

>pushing to axe rwd Chrysler 300 and replace with fwd cuck mobile
>pushing to axe V8 options in the challenger/charger
>axed the Chrysler 200 which was a good car and was selling nearly 200k a year
>is pushing SUVs and trucks which will kill FCA when oil crisis part 2: middle east boogalo happens

Chrysler continues to get fucked at every turn since the 90's

Why wont anybody update the PT Cruiser?

Make it modern, give it modern styling, let it challenge Veloster/CR-Z/Mini/Golf, sell a fuckton.

Why does Chrysler just let popular things die?

Mazda is beautiful, technically great, mostly reliable, great petrol engines, mediocre diesels (my injectors can not be renewd, 4 new injector costs 70% of the cars worth, Mazda6 2004 diesel), but it rusts.
I don't know much about the american division, but fiat/lancia/alfa cars has grown up, they don't rust anymore, both turbo petrols and JTDs are great. A 2.4 5cylinder Bosch diesel would be better than Denso. The Mazda should make a Giulia-like Mazda6 with longitudinal engine an RWD with the 2.5 turbo of cx9.

freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2016/02/20/marchionne-reshapes-fiat-chrysler-merger-sale/80520970/

Good lord all the car companies with shit tier quality will pack into one pile of shit

>mazda
>reliable
Yeah no

This is a joke right? Audi and Chevy ranking higher than fucking Honda? Get the fuck out of here

>Audi more reliable than Ford

stopped at gmc having a different rating than chevy

>literally the same thing

>SUBARU MORE RELIABLE THAN HONDA

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THIS EARTH

This is old though retard. Cant you read? My stats is 2016 while yours is a dinosaur

>freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2016/02/20/marchionne-reshapes-fiat-chrysler-merger-sale/80520970/

Mazda would never do it, they just got freed from ford not to far back. Honestly looking at mazdas product line their cars are all rock solid and selling pretty well. Also their newly buillt mx-5 platform is fantastic and will be used to build their new car models on.

Right now what mazda wants is strategic partnerships similar to what toyobaru has been having and what they themselves have done with fiat to make the new mx5/spider

You're right. Mazda is down two places this year, but they're still more reliable than whoever you're shilling for.

consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

Cvt. Btw you have ford to thank for mazdas dct choice.

More likely that Samsung would buy them out than Mazda. That or the Chinese.

Yeah no

Cant you read?

Also if you read your linl it says predictability reliability score. Not exactly the reliability, so my chart is still more reliable than your shitty link. Mazda is shit, deal with it

As i said earlier, cant you read?

>freed
>implying their partnership wasn't mutually beneficial

Go fuck yourself retard, they helped each other become what they are, if Ecoboost is shitty its because of Ford's fuck up but if it wasn't for the first gen Focus the Mazda3 would never have been made and the 3 was the beginning of Mazda's Renaissance

Anything but a powertrain reliability ranking is completely fucking worthless these days.

Seriously, look at this shit.

Fucking 2 star powertrain Chrysler and 3 star Cheby are rated higher than 4 star Mazda because muh infotainment is unironcally given the same weight.

Uhh.. Mazdas haven't been rusting for more than the past 10 years.

It was just the Protege, early Mazda3s, and some others that were rusting.

Yes, it is a joke. JD is pay for play. Mazda didn't bribe them enough and got a low ranking.
Faggots like should be banned for posting it.

Is correct.

>mfw the next mazdaspeeds are rotary

Mazda could benefit if they owned Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep instead of merged.

They could simply put the Skyactiv engines in those cars to make them much more reliable while selling far more cars than they otherwise would because "Mazda" isn't normies first thought on who to buy from.

But a merger? All those companies literally have nothing to offer Mazda except their dealerships and badges.

Mazda is making a ton of money right now being independent, licensing their patents, and building cars for other manufacturers.
They're starting to approach Audi/Porsche/GM/Ford/Toyota profit margin levels.

But they don't have money to actually buy those companies. Not even close. Jeep sells way more of its shitty Cherokees in the US than Mazda sells CX-5s, and CX-5 is their best selling car, even if their profit margins are higher.

>Chrysler builds a doritomobile
Reliability surpassed only by GM

>buick gets four stars across the board
>gets 5 stars overall and set as number one most reliable brand
>lexus gets same except a full five star in powertrain, the most important segment
>ranked overall less reliable than buick

Fucking GM shills, man.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ay9pTLa3mSE
>That idling sound
Sounds like packaging tape

Except Mazda would never buyout Chrysler because they can't spend the money to buy them, they have no interest in owning another car company

Look up RegularCar Reviews, on the PT cruiser. You'll find answers there.

I'm not sure how the finances work.

Chrysler is worth $10b-$15b. Mazda is probably going to make around a $1b in income this year.

Despite Chrysler having over 10 times the revenue of Mazda, Mazda's profit margin is a lot higher and it would seem to me they actually could buy them, couldn't they?
By leveraging assets, they could probably loan enough to buy them and pay it off in 5-10 years, no?

More reasonably, they could buy Alfa. That would give them their luxury brand.
Italian designs with Japanese engineering would be godly.

But no, they can't afford the whole portfolio. Especially not Jeep. Jeep alone is worth many tens of billions just for the name.

>Jeep
The absolute hurricane shitstorm of clapistani anal devastation should Jeep ever get bought by Japs makes me want it to happen so badly

To add, Mazda made 50% the profit of ALL of FCA put together in 2015.

This is despite FCA having over 15-fucking-times the revenue.
If FCA had Mazda's profit margin, they'd have made 3 billion dollars in 2015, which would be half what GM made the same year instead of 1/30th.

FCA desperately needs someone that knows how to cut costs.

Honestly, I think people would care if Mazda owned them.

Now if China or another Japanese manufacturer did? Maybe then.
But Mazda seems to have a very different reputation to the other Japanese automakers.
Even people I know that scoffed at Japanese cars still like Mazdas, unless they had a Protege or 3 that rusted on them.

But that won't happen. Mazda can't afford Jeep. Pretty much no one but Toyota and Ford can.

NOOOOO
That would lose their soul. Chrysler is cancer. Stay away.

I mean "wouldn't care".
Fuck.

no abarth no maserati no koenisegg no isuzu no suzuki no jaguar no pic related no....

why is this relevant again ?

It's not the costs that are the issue, they need better engineers, but honestly Sergio should make Gilles Chrysler's CEO

>give it modern styling

i think you misunderstood the reason why PT Cruiser sold well in the first place.

Besides, FCA has made other compact cars since then. What you're basically asking is to rebadge the Dart or Renegade.

>Japanese challengers

HOLY FUCK WHAT IF MAZDA BOUGHT LANCIA AND WE GOT A ROTARY SCORPION AND A SKYACTIV TRIFLUX TWIN TURBO DELTA INTEGRALE HF?

>jeep least dependable american brand

>tfw we will never have a new i6 TJ with no bloated options

>what are sedans

Please no, why is this still alive?

Mazda isn't capable of bringing Chrysler up, Chrysler would just drag Mazda down.

Chrysler's only hope is to dump a ton of money into hiring quality people to transform their culture.
>Western business that isn't tech trying to attract employees
>fucking lol

That chart considers the touch screen being slow to be the same as the entire transmission literally falling apart. JD Powers is only useful for letting le JDM bros talk about how their "superior wapanese 3000x folded steel" shit boxes are better.
Everyone who really knows about cars thinks they're a joke.

If FCA puts his filthy, niggerish, fat hands even near Mazda someone will have to pay.

>rotary Stratos
tbqhwyfamilia, longitudinal RR rotary is my dream swap

Why not traverse MR rotary instead?

And pls don't imply that the 13b exhaust and intake port locations are the only possibilities. Exhaust can go under the rear axles and intake straight down the top.

No reason, other than A E S T H E T I Cs, plus, I'd try to stuff more than two triangles in there. It's a fantasy, not something I'm capable of executing anytime soon.

You're a moron and on damage control. What I posted is 2016 and yours is 2015

>I only go with charts thats is in favor with mazda
>hurr durr
literally you

You're a moron. Mazda's 2016 lineup is the same as their 2015.

JD Power are shills like you.

>Making fun of Lincoln
>Be more reliable than Mercedes
Top kek German fags

And you think 1 year would cement that they're good? Dont make me laugh. Mazda has always been shit, deal with it retard

Whoa, buddy, you just blow in from stupid town? Because FCA is doing hella good in the crossover and SUV markets. They could trade some platforms to Mazda in exchange for small car platforms and win big.

That's probably the best scenario out of all of this. If Dodge could rebadge and sell Mazda2's and Mazda3's, they'd be competitive against their competition. Mazda having access to the Journey and Cherokee, they'd crush Honda and Toyota.

Mazda engine in a Dodge chassis.

Fuck no.
They just escaped Ford. Giving them to a somehow worse company is just a terrible idea.

They have small profit margins because they're spending a shitload of money, they've been preparing for a complete reshuffle of US production, they're preparing the Italy factories for all the new Alfas and Maseratis(Giulia, Levante, Stelvio, etc.), developing new family of global engines(GSE, GME), new factories in Brazil, China, etc.

Mazda's CX-5 and CX-9 platforms are vastly superior to any of Jeeps, though.

Mazda could get a truck platform... but there again, they could probably make a superior one if they really want to. Their brand name simply isn't big enough to sell trucks like Toyota can, however.

Which is a shame. If it wasn't for the chicken tax, Mazda could probably make the best true Ranger successor, better than Ford could.

tl:dw PT Cruisers are the car for one thing: Putting you from A to B comfortably and effectively