Electric Power Steering Feedback

Is there really any?

Compared to Manual/Hydraulic racks will I still retain all of the feel of the road and what the tires are doing?

This is literally the only thing besides Drive by Wire holding me back from getting a "newer" sports car

to an extent, as long as there's a manual connection. a completely drive by wire thing will have a weird force feedback.

millennial sports car buyers are toothpicks or old so all EPS systems are over assisted- period

so no, it's always awful

>to an extent

So why does everyone who has ever used hydraulic complain that EPS doesn't provide the same level of feedback or better?

This.
I like electric power steering for low speed maneuvers like parking and shit. Full lock to full lock is much much easier with electric racks imo.

meant for

>doesn't provide the same level of feedback
why are they complaining that something isn't as good as it once was? that's why.

That doesn't make sense

Shouldn't everything you get from the steering system/peddles come first since it's your only physical connect to the car besides inertia

Why shouldn't people expect these things to get better?

I don't get what you are asking? some EPS systems are pretty good. the one in the 1 series E drive was great, the one in the 991 is pretty damn good, the S2000 is great.

for every other regular car, most people just straight up don't give a fuck nigga.

>great.

We are talking about *feedback*.

The reported feedback in the S2000 and 911s (if you read the forums) is objectively subpar

It should be pretty similar, instead of hydraulic pressure providing assistance, its an electric motor. Benefits are better gas milage and it can potentially be a more reliable/low maintenance system if done right.

Both are trash. Depower your rack and get a bigger wheel if you have little girl arms. Worst case you can back off the camber a little, but it shouldn't come to that unless you use monster 14+" wide slicks on the front.

>(if you read the forums)

Ive driven one in person, the steering is great.

Had the same experience in a Cayman S.

>Compared to Manual/Hydraulic racks will I still retain all of the feel of the road

You don't feel any increasing or varying engine feedback from the throttle when you push on the pedal. So in that way, you're already accustomed to that "drive by wire" feel.

Thankfully, transmissions have long ago gotten rid of the feedback of "it's harder to move up to a higher gear". It's just about the physical act of moving through gates or positions now.

Power steering feedback has decreased a lot since the 1980's and 1990's. The effort amount that the steering wheel needs to be turned in the last 50% is less too. Thankfully the first 10% remains quite gradual in effect.

Eventually, we'll all end up with control by wire. Feedback or not, maybe one day our cars will lock under police control and the drive by wire brakes/steering/throttle/transmission will drive us to the police station when the police determines that we need to be detained. Only the guilty need to fear surveillance and control systems as my parents have told me.

This, manual rack best rack
Manual steering only sucks if your car is more than 2500lbs

Thanks for the free story Orwell.

That feel when depowered and welded assist valve

Dude what

are you doing this yourself?

Pls explain

Electronic steering is sex. Don't listen to these dumb niggers, Electric sterring is good and has no real drawbacks. Why make your life harder for no reason? I've driven everything from manual steering to electric and i like electric i have no problem with manual or hydraulic, but electric is so damn nice so why the fuck not? Might aswell treat myself. No I'm not one of those fags that believe in automatic driving cars, i still drive manual only, but electric steering cannot be compared how manual and auto transmissions can. There really is no drawback for electric steering.

Nah, it's perfectly fine on heavier vehicles, too. My 5000 pound truck has manual steering and it's not an issue. Once again, just get a larger wheel and back off the camber if necessary.

Practice your welding, user. Not sure how much clearance you've got there, but you might want to grind those tacks a little shorter.

A lot of cars allow a bit of slop in the steering pinion to reduce NVH through the wheel and to slow down response to keep it from feeling "nervous" or "twitchy" with overboosted steering.

>Why make your life harder for no reason?

Because I bought a 4 cylinder sports car for all the feels

not speed

>You don't feel any increasing or varying engine feedback from the throttle when you push on the pedal.

My car is drive cable. I feel just about everything the engine is doing and there is absolutely no lag in the accelerator.

Yee. I have a depowered rack in my r32 that feels great at speed. Sucks balls while parking and stuff though.

I will now ask you what you failed to address in all that shit.

Why?