/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Do You Hear Our Prayers Edition

Sent to Iosefka's Clinic: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Google Document for all the above, but easier to read.
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

First for angular chins

>you will never be so virile that your students stuff their brains with eyes to get your attention

REMINDER TO PURGE FILTH

Here, have this.

Good man, you know what's up.

I've never done a Vileblood or Executioner playthrough. I should fix that eventually.

I have a BL54 Executioner that I use to invade and coop in Cainhurst and it is just a riot. 25/25 str/arc, full nourishing gem setup. Get a surprising amount of activity depending on the time of day, usually around three or four in the afternoon.

I highly recommend you pick up Radiance and fight the good fight, it's a ton of fun.

>Forgot image

Woops.

still have to run through ailing loran for materials, but I just got the defiled chalice, what am I in for?

second playthrough of the game but my first time through chalice dungeons. Is it going to be true hell or are people playing it up?

It's tough, but I'm sure you'll manage.

I'm telling Annalise

But user, how can you talk to jelly? Use that altar all you like, I'll mash her to bits every time. You too, provided I get the chance.

where should I go next with my build if I'm doing pure arcane? Right now the only thing I've put points into is enough vit to get to 30 and enough arc to get to 71. Should I just dump everything else into arc until it's at 99 then stay at 108 for chalice pvp/coop?

or looking at a calculator I could just do bl125, vit 40 / arc 99.

That does sound like a lot of fun, actually. I've always wanted to mess around with the WHEEL at some point.
And the Chikage too because god DAMN it has a stylish moveset.

Anyone wish to journey in Central Pthumeru? The dungeons actually scared me last night

fuck, I know exactly what you mean. Main game isn't scary at all but if I play through dungeons at night I get scared shitless for some reason. Must be the red spider clusterfuck

What are some other agreed on Great Ones?

Ebrietas
Oedon
Mergo
Kos or Kosm
Brain of Mensis
Orphan of Kos
Amygdala
Moon Presence

god, jesus (child of great one that gets killed)

Want to do a Bloodletter build.
Should I just go 70 BLT?

For my fashion, so far I have
Graveguard Mask
Charred Hunter Garb

What to use for hands+legs?

Eileen

The Wet Nurse?

Yes

They throw jump scares at you too, and when you're playing on a Root they're officially unpredictable and only build tension. Although, sometimes you can pick them out.

The atmosphere is pretty great too.

Tell her to mind her damn business, 'fo I come over there and whoop her ass.

But why?

I assumed it was Odeon.

Eileen or the Wet Nurse? Or maybe Moon Presence...

Why exactly are vilebloods and church enemies to each other?

Cainhurst nobles are distantly descended from Pthumerians and may or may not have been the ruling monarchy of Yharnam and surrounding areas pre-healing church.

Someone from Byrgenwerth took a sample of special blood back to Cainhurst and they used it to do thier own stuff to make themselves stronger and Analise immortal. She also become obsessed with birthing a child of Blood for Oedon, like Yharnam did (or failed to do) Millenia earlier.

Church hates them because they have different beliefs and use blood in a different way. However it might also be political reasons trying to discredit and later destroy the existing ruling class so the Church can become the closest thing to a government in Yharnam.

Thanks famygdala. Second one seems more plausible to me. Byrgenwerthians can be fucking scumbags man.

Who /traitor/ here ?

Is the enemy variety in Bloodborne better than DaS3?

Do the Great Ones make the dreams or do the hosts of the dreams make them? How do they persist after their host and/or creator is dead?
What is the shadow figure thing you kill after the Orphan of Kos?
What does Ebrietas spit at you that causes Frenzy? What are those bubble things that continually damage you if you go near her?
Why do rather important story enemies like Ebrietas and Rom reappear in the chalice dungeons?

Sorry for the questions, I recently got the game and was curious.

Could the two giant fishmen in the well be considered a geminous great one?

Think of it as a virus. The virus needs a host to exist. The vorus itself is the Great One while the host is, well the host.
We know that the host of mensis ist ayyycolash.
Yet I am not exactly sure who the host of the hunters nightmare is.

I personally see it more like the great one being the "creator" while the host is the "designer" of the dream.

For the complete dlc the host would be maria, because she knows all of the places you visit.

Who is the host of the nightmare frontier then?calle divieto

>stake driver r2
what exactly is this intended to hit? the wheelchair grampas with the guns?

How am I meant to farm for Bolt Abyssals if I can't actually beat a fucking Abhorrent Beast? This is depressing on an existential level.

HOW THE FUCK DO THE BOOMERANG PHYSICS OF THE WEAPON OF PHTHTUMERIAN DESCENDANT WORK?

>Do the Great Ones make the dreams or do the hosts of the dreams make them?
The Great Ones create the dream but the hosts, along with passerbys, shape the Dreamlands.
>How do they persist after their host and/or creator is dead?
If the host of a party dies does the building collapse?
>What is the shadow figure thing you kill after the Orphan of Kos?
I believe it's either the Orphan's true form or the curses shaped like him.
>What does Ebrietas spit at you that causes Frenzy?
It might be her own blood. Who knows?
>What are those bubble things that continually damage you if you go near her?
Whatever the Rosmarinus fires.
>Why do rather important story enemies like Ebrietas and Rom reappear in the chalice dungeons?
Possibly bi-locations going on. The dungeons are in the nightmare after all.

>The dungeons are in the nightmare after all.
No they're not? They're actual real-world locations within the waking world? Pthumeru is beneath Byrgenwerth. Loran is elsewhere, but also in the real world, as are the Hinterlands. Isz is much, much deeper into the Labyrinth. Descriptions of items relating to the Chalice dungeons state pretty plainly that they're in the waking world.

Lead Elixer helps.

Co-op

>Lead Elixer helps.
It really doesn't. 90% of the bosses dodge back if you're charging up an attack right in their face and the attack has less range than fists.

Well then the bosses must have been cheaply reused.

Time it right. You can take a few hits and rally most of your health back when you hit.

Doing a Rakuyo build starting with noble scion, what do I use until I get it and should I go full skill and bloodtinge or put some points in arcane as well?

Saws or Cane while pumping Skill. What's your build and how high are you aiming?

God, this gaem is 2 edgy 4 me.

Why is rakuyo so OP ? They do an insane amount of damage with a broken fast and large moveset

Aren't the saws quality? I could barely kill Amelia with the cane I don't see me taking down Ludwig with it. I think I'll stop at level 120.

Being Quality means it can be used effectively for Strength and/or Skill builds, so it's worth using while pumping Skill. BB Pellets + Fire Paper on the Cane or Saw Spear is enough to kill Amelia, your weapon should be at +6. NS: 40/8/10/50/50/9 puts you at 117 if you're going full Skl/Blt. Lone Survivor would've been a better option, or Military Veteran if you wanted to use the Bloodletter.

Saw spear is quality leaning towards skill so you can use it. Cane is shit at low level but becomes a monster later

it's magic

I can farm in the gaol but it takes ages to kill the snatchers with the cane so saw spear it is.

What's the highest dps weapon in the game at 50/50 str and skill? I wanna go NG+7 and beyond but don't know what to use going forward. Currently using Saw Cleaver/Hunter's Axe and gonna be looking into farming gems in the chalice dungeons. Still fairly new to the game

I'd guess Ludwig's Holy Blade would have the highest AR if that counts for anything. It has B/B scaling when fully upgraded and can easily be S/B with the right gems.

k imma try that. thanks

Saws have the highest DPS, LHB highest AR but it's pretty slow and the untricked mode has shitty modifiers. With +30% Blunt gems and 50/50 it'll 2-shot most players.

Any tips for getting the most AR out of Beast Claws and Steak Diner? Quality? Or favoring str over skl?

50/25 Str/Skl, Heavy Abyssal with +15 Phys and 2 27.2% Phys gems.

What the fuck were those nips thinking when they decided to make this a "boss"? Witch of Hemwick is Ludwig tier compared to this garbage. The big mushroom ayy lmao man too

I like to think they had a week left to launch and realised they were about 6 chalice bosses behind schedule and just gave some random mobs boss health bars.

At least Brainsuckers are a bit threatening, Loran Silver beast is a trash mob from the nightmare frontier who's almost impossible not to parry. Same with just sticking 3 Watchers in a room and incorrectly labelling the Chieftan (it's meant to be the one with the mask).

Another question on the Rakuyo build, should I go skill/arcane or skill/bloodtinge?

You only need Skill for it.

I know I meant that as what complements it better, arcane stuff or a Chikage.

They could have changed that and made all 3 watchers those naked guys. Would be way harder to be raped and gangbanged by 3 naked fatties

Nothing is Skill/Arcane, and Chikage is only useful if you have 50 Bloodtinge.

It should be randomised each dungeon.
> Club
> Shotgun
> Cleaver
> Heated Club
> Rolly poley

Each Watcher boss would be 3 of them with no more than two of the same kind, the configuration should have weighted gem drops to different kinds.

How's my build looking guys?

>fighting against xD redditors
Have """"fun""""

What exactly will the redditors have over me? A little health and stamina? Some extra defense?

Who cares, I can use a 50/50 Saw Spear, Ludwigs with Blunt Gems and all the other meme-setups. I have a bl100 poison build I regularly take to Mensis and I win sometimes. I'll be able to handle myself.

Heya, can anyone give me advice on what runes to run with a 50 skill/25 Str Burial Blade build?

So I shouldn't bother with stuff like executioner gloves and augur of ebrietas? I thought those and old Hunter bone would be useful since 50 bloodtinge seems like way too much.

what's the point of Ludwig's Rifle?

Clock, Clock, Anti-Clock. Just like any other build.

Augur sure, Exe gloves won't do much damage at base 20 but it's okay as a PvP tool or to stagger some enemies. Highest I'd go would be 18 Arc for Augur.

It's a shittier Blunderbuss with more range, so if you missed the parry you at least staggered the enemy from a safe distance.

explain to me what the fuck is supposed to be going on with this weapons' hammer mechanism. What's the purpose of the weird crossbar thing? Why does it appear to have 2 hammers? Is this gun supposed to be a breech loader or a muzzle loader?

staggering the enemies is kind of overrated, by the time you recover from your shot they're starting to move again

You can visceral after getting a parry with the Rifle from a distance but the window is pretty small. It's still shit though, newbies love spamming shots with it while ganking.

I see through your autism

>breech loader or a muzzle loader
What?

You guys got some drawing requests?

Stupid sexy rom please

>you'll never have a reload animation like Gasgoine's
I'm still mad

>NG+7 and beyond
Mind if I ask why? I think past NG+6 there's no more changes to enemies health and damage, besides, just going 50/25 on two stats of your choosing and 30-50 VIT is enough for that.

Oedon and Orphan are one and the same.

Draw best weapon

I always do this. Especially in Mensis.

I just want an insanely leveled character. I did the same thing in Dark Souls 2 and 3. Beating bosses on high NG cycles is also very satisfying to me

>source: my butthole

what do i call my arcane build character
'___ user'

Faggot

Well, since you are new to the game and want to do that go 50/40/50/50/50/50. That way it's almost imposible to die and you hit like a train. SSRC is very active and you can use every weapon you want.

>Need to get the rakuyo
>Already beat orphan and can't summon someone to help
Fuck these whale fucking shits

Hit them with a bone blade

use Shaman Bone Blades. Ezpz

this doesn't prove anything, senpai

All the descriptions in the artbook are used to represent the images.