Aw11s

I want to see Veeky Forums's AWs
Rustbuckets and beaters welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/5849730439.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Mr2-mark-1-classic-car-/322304613886?hash=item4b0ada1dfe:g:6cEAAOSwA3dYDf7r
ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-TOYOTA-MR2-BEIGE-MARK-1-CLEAN-AND-TIDY-CLASSIC-RARE-CAR-PROPER-INVESTMENT-/112188731563?hash=item1a1ef830ab:g:-ncAAOSw44BYF1SO
ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-1-6-Sports-PETROL-MANUAL-1986-C-/182127603934?hash=item2a67a6b0de:g:MEMAAOSwvU5XM2Wf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hi

Is it a dumb idea to buy something like pic related as a beater? Runs, drives, and has about 190k miles, with rust that's not as bad as pic but close.

Should I get one to drive to work Veeky Forums?

I'm debating it because it's tiny asf but it looks like a fun gas saver.
I live in SoCal/LA area if that helps

Yeah, it's basically a corolla with less storage space.

Yes 100%
From what I heard they get 30mpg ish if you keep it tame, but of course you're going to rev out a 4a.
What's your parking situation like? Keep in mind these guys have manual steering.

The manual steering isn't a problem. It's not like a front engine car with manual steering. It's an extremely light car in general and there's no weight over the front axel.

>I'm a college student who's only car is an AW11 and I park in a tight parking garage every day

I have parking at my house. Currently driving this but little shit keeps going wrong and I want to save on gas. I really love this car but the dream is dead and I have to think realistically and stop throwing mon3y at this .

Sell it and get an AW. Nothing is going to break, cause as the other user said it's basically a Corolla. Since you're in cali you can get a rust free aw11 for probably 2k me thinks.
I didn't know that. I've never really driven one but I'm the user who's looking to get the rusty beater. A friend had one a while ago and loved it. How's yours? Pic?

>not getting a firebird crossed with an mr2

>getting an lr8 orl44 instead of a 4age or 4agze

>not swapping in a turbo northstar in an afternoon

True. Eh, there's just something I don't like about fieros. I really shouldn't shit on em.
Oh but we're on Veeky Forums so
>not swapping in a 3sgte in two afternoons

Yeah I've heard this a lot. I've also been told it's fun asf "feels like you're driving a go cart"

My main concern is the size. I'm about 6 FT give or take, well over 200 pds. Would I even comfortably fit in this?

Yep probably.
I know a lady who drove her husband's around and also said that it drove like a go cart. Go figure.

>Fiero
Do you know how many people are going to talk shit and say how I should've just kept the muscle car.
Also
>80s GM
Pls no. I've dealt with shitty GM parts taking a shit on me long enough.
>GETTING ANOTHER PONTIAC

yeah but they can't talk shit on the touge because even though it's gutless and awful it's still an mr

I know this feel

My AW11 after painting, before the trim went back on.
It's really a fantastic car to drive. I've done a lot of engine work and it desperately needs a suspension update as the shocks and bushings are shot and it bounces around. Honestly I love it though.

Don't worry about height, I'm 6'4" and I fit.
Granted I weigh nothing. The side bolstering in the driver's seat is adjustable though. Just gotta sit in one to find out.

my parents want me to sell my aw but i love it too much. it's my first car mane. they want me to get a subaru and i was wanna make it nice and hoon with my friends

So I've been looking at buying an aw11, but I don't really know what to look for and cant find any in my area that's a manual and not missing half the car.

How much should a 1986 with 150k miles go for? Its listed for $4,400 with not so good paint and torn interior. Pretty much the best I can get in my area.

They look so damn fun and comfy.

Dull Grey colour

I'll give you 2gs for it

Try to find issues that will bring the cost down a bit I'm pretty sure you can haggle him down to $3,000-3,500. Usually people who price cars like that in that condition usually don't really know shit about the car so you can bull shit but make it convincing.

You can also show him $2,000 and if he doesn't want that amount of money just walk away and usually they take the offer if you show them the money but if you plan to use this method bring a friend or something to defend yourself. If he still doesn't want to tell him his fucking retarded if he thinks someone will buy his beat to shit mr2 for that price and walk away.

Fuck this is comfy

Even comfier knowing that we have the same rare factory colour

someone buy this

>1986 Toyota MR2
>100k on body
>1.6l 4AGE
>$2600

newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/5849730439.html

What over fenders are those? Also tire size? I'm thinking of getting fender flares after cutting all the rust off of the quarters. Looks really cool. Are those aftermarket taillights?

here you go

Nice Reagan Bush '84 bumper sticker

Considering getting one for my AE86.

literally mine

Do it. All 80's cars need one

nice

things do break, its a 30 year old car

Carbon Pixel fender flares, I cut out my fenders because they were rusty as well.
I now run Khumo 205s which is plenty of grip. Now granted with the offset the XXRs have and with spacers, I rub around tight corners in parking garages. Not a worry on the road and it's only rub on the plastics protectors in the wheel wells.
My taillights are completely custom though. Did them myself over the summer!

Who /SUPERCHARGER/ here?

fug off cherry bomb "i'm a vagina man"
literally the biggest cuck I've ever met.

yeah gunmetal grey

i wish.

my current one is a parts car as i save and wait for a 1988 white hard top manual 4agze one.

This car is a fucking beauty. How much would one of these cost in the Queen's money?

guessing 13 thousand pound for a mint supercharged?

err, 1 to 3....

Jesus, I'm seeing them for about 5 grand

ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Mr2-mark-1-classic-car-/322304613886?hash=item4b0ada1dfe:g:6cEAAOSwA3dYDf7r

ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-TOYOTA-MR2-BEIGE-MARK-1-CLEAN-AND-TIDY-CLASSIC-RARE-CAR-PROPER-INVESTMENT-/112188731563?hash=item1a1ef830ab:g:-ncAAOSw44BYF1SO

ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-1-6-Sports-PETROL-MANUAL-1986-C-/182127603934?hash=item2a67a6b0de:g:MEMAAOSwvU5XM2Wf

theres a few more on ebay for $6000 but they're all direct imports from japan. i remember seeing them on an import website.

if you want a aw11 in the uk, talk to the guy who has like 100 or so in his backyard, he's on twitter n that. good guy. he'll help you out.

I've just noticed they're quite pokey. Could a six foot tall man comfortably fit in there?

It'd be a shame if I couldn't, this is the exact look of car I want with a decent engine under the hood.

Shit she's beautiful

Nice job with the headgasket!
Also checked.

Thanks m8! You must have seen me post before.
It was my first time doing one and I'm just glad it's back together and running smoothly. Great learning experience.

Shit that looks amazing.

i am blacktop

yeah i'm 6'3 and fit fine. if you're 6'5 or taller you'd probs need to go aftermarket drivers seat though

Cool. They're breddy cheap and look great on the car. I'm not a fan of the aftermarket wings or the light but it looks like you did do a good job on em.
From the picture it looks like you have loads of clearance. I'm surprised you say you rub. Probably the worn out suspension.

The wing isn't aftermarket, it's a common modification for AW11s as it helps airflow by offsetting the wing farther back.
The struts are completely shot and it's the next thing on my list so that's almost definitely it haha.