Is it now confirmed that an economics degree is the toppest of top tier?

Is it now confirmed that an economics degree is the toppest of top tier?

Its one of the TOPPEST meme degrees out there faggot

yes

It was a Finance BBA. Leave your shit-tier liberal arts "Economics" degree in the trash.

Actual dual major finance/economics here. Econ classes were twice as hard.

That's because Econ is nothing more than modern day divination. It's a social science that tries to be a hard science.

combine it with cyber security for god mode

Econ major here struggling with my 300 level classes because I just see no hope. I was offered a really basic internship at a bank in my area. That's about it. My marks are poor as well

>implying his success was based on that shit-tier meme degree

>tfw fell for the business administration meme

Is Wharton actually that renowned? Not an Americlap here so unfamiliar with the finer points of your Ivy League hierarchy

if you got your an internship that's all you need

What jobs can you actually get with an economics degree?
I have an economics class at school i decided on, and it looks like shit that only certain government agencies/advisers and stock traders/brokers would ever have a use for, but not actual companies excluding the basics you can learn without needing a degree, mostly being micro and a smidgen of macro

It is. If it's not the best in the world, it's certainly top 3.

>american
>best/top 3 in the world
top fucking kek m8, it's time to get out of your bubble
expensive =/= good

75% of higher education is a meme. The 70s maybe 80s were the last decades before the the whole thing became one of the biggest rackets ever.

>economics degree is the toppest of top tier
that would be Actuarial Science

BSc. in technical physics. In the last two semesters I realized how I have no idea what I want to be. Now I'm working half a year hoping to gain new insights on what to do now.

European business schools are arguabily more prestigious around the world than Americans schools (INSEAD / LBS / IMD / HEC )

however for the NA market nothing beats Wharton/Booth/HBS

Same. Can confirm this, if you want to learn econ just do some supplementary units. All the jobs are in Finance.

What you thought linear regression was harder than analyzing? kek

I sperged out and tried to literally answer your question
>Economics: Ronnie Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Donald Trump (spec. in Real Estate), FDR
>History: Bush Jr.
>Sociology: Ronnie Reagan
>MBA: Bush Jr.
>Science (Mathematics): Jimmy Carter
>Teaching: LBJ
>Law: Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Richard Nixon
>Political Sci: Barack Obama, Bill Clinton
>BA (intenational relations) JFK (I have a feeling this could go into Poli Sci)

If you want to be President, yes. Although Poli Sci and Law aren't to be sneezed at.
I didn't include Ford because, well... you know.
And I couldn't work out Dwight D. Eisenhower's major, but he went to a military academy like Carter, so there's that.

Total pleb here: what is it about European Schools that the NA one's don't have? It's actually quite surprising since when you think of capitalism you think The US.

Or is it just rich kids prefer to spend their college years in Europe?

some of those schools have been around for longer than the entirety of US history so they have more prestige. Also, the connections you get at those schools are ridiculous, because those countries are older, a lot of "old money" families send their kids to those schools to expand their networks and have the line on their CV. You can't graduate those top schools without a job lined up. All the most prestigious firms in the world will do on campus hiring before you even finish your degree, and most programs have 6 month long mandatory internships at a firm that's active in your field of study (investment banking, auditing, risk management, insurance companies, accounting, law firms, consulting...)

tl;dr : it's the connections you get. I know it's the same in the US, but in Europe those connections will get you much farther because the schools have less students and are much more competitive

Economics degree is the best if you go about it the right way. Instead of getting lost in pages and pages of worthless text and theories, practice your speaking and bullshitting skills (watch Central bankers speak on TV etc). This field is for people who have mastered this skill, if you don't like that then go chase the STEM meme.

>Also, the connections you get at those schools are ridiculous, because those countries are older, a lot of "old money" families send their kids to those schools to expand their networks and have the line on their CV

That pretty concisely explains it.

This is true. I worked at an IB for a few years (long story short I met the chairman of the firm at an event and we hit it off pretty well), but once I was in I realized I was the odd duck - basically everyone graduated from an Ivy and had their own elite circle of friends to party with or talk ridiculous business ideas etc. This one kid was the daughter of a billionaire tycoon in Hong Kong and was just there so that she could later say "I worked at X bank", and of course to build her network for when she inevitably takes over daddy's empire.