Stay alive, thread; fog is hellishly bad

The glory days are over
Let go

>trying this hard

kek

I'm sorry for you bastards.

So, Fallout: The Frontier.

Let's talk about that shit

Are the guys doing it Gamebryo wizards or are the trailers just fool of shit? No way that moving convoy can look good in-game.

Holy shit thank you for this. /fog/ is such a shitpost fiesta.

Keep it alive boys

I don't really know. So far it seems pretty solid, but who fucking knows.

Probably won't be fully ready for several years if it isn't bs.

I think it's a combo of the two

Frontier could be a bit weak, but it'll be prime for harvesting

First time playing New Vegas
I got Mr House's invitation to the Lucky 38 but I decided to handle Benny first and now Yes Man told me about the possibility of making Vegas indipendent, giving me a bunch of quests including killing House.
Now, I have yet to decide what faction to support, when I visit Mr House (quest is, The House Always Wins 1) can I still talk to him peacefully and even consider joining him or any other faction, or am I locked in the independence route?

You can still talk to him. You can switch between factions as much as you want. When you will need to pick a faction to stand behind the game will prompt you that this is it, you can decline that prompt and keep playing however you want.
I would tell you more, but that would be spoilers.

What is Fallout: The Frontier?
I saw the trailer, but I don't get this. Is it a mod for FO:NV, or some kind of community made DLC?

Pretty much the latter.

thank you, nice to know you get a prompt
I had to check the wiki a bit because I remember reading that letting Benny escape makes it so you have to collaborate with the Legion a bit to get him and the Platinum Chip back. I don't want to collaborate with the Legion in any way, does the game let me get into the Fort, kill Benny, get the platinum chip back and just leave?
well that's the same thing, it's a community DLC that is a mod for New Vegas

>falling for meme console terms

gg, lads

it's a large scale "new game"-type world space mod filled with all you'd expect a new world space to come with

think Old World Blues/Point Lookout, but larger

Letting Benny escape makes him appear at the Fort, but you can go in and get the chip and NOT have to take stand with the Legion, once you're in there you can still work with any faction you want (I don't remember how going into the Fort affects your NCR rep).

Oh, sound cool.
Now I'm hyped, I'm one of the few people who didn't enjoy Old World Blues, but Point Lookout was the shit. The only bad thing about Point Lookout was how short it was.

About the chip, sorry but I'm getting this information from the wiki alone so I'll probably say something dumb;
Benny escapes with the chip. The legion catches him and gives me the chip to destroy (or pretend to) the House bunker beneath the camp.
What I can't seem to find a definitve answer for is what happens to the chip as I need it for the other routes. Do I get it back after leaving the vault and leave the camp with it, or is it lost in destroying/not destroying the bunker?

Destorying the bunker nullifies the House/Independent storylines, but you can still go NCR/Legion. Caesar gives you the chip once he catches Benny, because you need it to get into the bunker. After that you can keep it. The chip is never destoryed, no matter what you do. You can't even drop it from your inventory. Destroying the bunker does NOT destroy the chip, it just pisses of House.

Yes you can still decide. The game will warn you through quest dialog when you're approaching a point of no return.

Thanks a lot man. What made me second guess is a line in the wiki
>After that you can leave the Fort but only without the Platinum Chip. Or you could try to steal your weapons back and try to escape somehow.
This was written at the end of the article, even after talking about the many ways you can deal with Benny, so it read like after you've done everything on the camp Caesar keeps the chip forever unless you kill him.

How the fuck did Obsidian manage to make all these overlapping faction quests work at the same time? On a time budget of like three weeks no less? I never thought it was going to be so complex until I saw my pipboy fill up with all these quests at once.

Are there any alternatives to ENBSeries for New Vegas? It makes the game look great but the lag is unbelievable.

Every faction in NV has such insufferable assholes it's unbelievable. I'll basically kill everyone in the next playthrough except the companions, Brotherhood of Steel and Followers of the Apocalypse, those are based.

The companions won't be very happy about that. Good luck getting that guy from Novac whose name I can't remember, he won't kill the NCR without a fight.

Suppose you had the time and skill to create a complete overhaul, how would you fix Fallout 3?

I think I would expand The Pitt and make it the central nexus of the game. It's a more interesting location with more interesting conflicts than Washington DC.

I'd make Washington DC much smaller and make the towns in the game itself much bigger with larger populations focusing on Canteburry Commons and Rivet City. My problem with Fallout 3 is that it's supposed to be set in a somewhat big wasteland yet the major cities in the game has like 30 people in them and there are barely any people in the game at all. The world doesn't make sense how there are settlers and traders with a world with so few people in it.

fuck off

>Brotherhood of Steel
>based

F3 baby. I bet you think BoS is good guys in series.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I find the Yes Man questline to be pretty boring. It's the same shit I was doing for House, just with Yes Man instead. Are there any mods that improve upon it?

I think my problem is retarded quests with stupid choises. I would add some q with different playthroughs and outcomes.

I think I read somewhere that yes man supposes to be longer and more different that it is. But Obsidian just cut corner and made reskin of House questline.

Looks promising

Let's not die this time

>tfw fell for the medicine stick meme

Recommended 3 and New Vegas mods? More stuff to explore i.e. ruins and shit.

good goy

Nominate New Vegas guys!

I would add actual dialogue options. I'm about 200 hours into my current playthrough and there's been a handful of situations where dialogue could be used to sort out a conflict.

Then again, Obsidian went over the top with it in New Vegas, so I guess I'll never be happy

What's wrong, you VATS shot is hitting the ceiling?

I have regular New Vegas without the DLCs in my Steam library.

Gettig all the DLCs is 13.-, getting Ultimate is 9.50. Does it fuck something up if I just get the Ultimate edition despite having a refular copy of NV?

Does the Ultimate edition have all the DLCs or is it just the big ones? Which would explain the odd difference in price.

Ultimate Edition has every single DLC.

Then I hope it just upgrades when I get that. Finally own those things without swashbuckling.

You should wait for New Vegas Remaster.

Major implication there

wait there's a remaster coming out?

No.

Unless there is some changes that arem't graphics why would I buy that?

Oh

>House/Independent
Just House. You can keep going with yes man no matter what.

How do I put out enough damage to kill Lanius in a decent time without consuming one million stimps and buffs?

Does it really matter? Won't need those stims after Lanius anyway.

I just don't like the feeling of the fight. I've reached the climax of the game and am putting the legion in its place but I've still got to run around kiting him and pumping myself full of drugs every minute because that nigga just has either so much health, or damage resistance or both.

Talk him down instead

pity bump

Howdy.

My name is Jed Masterson, and this is the worst DLC New Vegas has to offer

If you could add one song to F:NV, what would it be?

youtube.com/watch?v=19vApPwWqh8

Actually Independent will function no matter what happens. Yes Man has to work really hard to conceal how upsetting it was that you blew up the Securitron army that you could have handily taken over.

>"You.. blew it up! That's just funny because that.. army, seems like the secret weapon of was the whole point of.. You know.."

>believing a single percent on something called Yes Man
I bet you voted Trump

Howdy.

On bump duty here and the armored core general.

Does int round up or down for Skill point bonuses?

If they remade New Vegas in the 4 version of the engine that would be sick

>NV remaster
>ever

interiors project and a world of pain

outside of meta gaming and blowing up both ncr and legion at very beginning of game and then resetting reputations what's the best option for the end of lonesome road in your opinion?

it feels wrong to me to use the big bombs, so i don't

in fnv the women companions are chatty and the men are distant

just like real life ;)

;_; why'd the fuggin general have 2 die

good things last
bad things die
it's how the world works kid

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee /fog/ is shit more like the good die young

just switch back to /v/

I remember shit like this with /wodg/, a lot of people just didn't transfer over

>Buffposting takes over /fog/ again
Welp, at least things'll pick up here again for a while.

Anyone have a list of recommended mods for a legion run?

done

no nukes, because my courier has an int special higher than that of a radroach

ReShade

the one one the page for Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhanced would be a good pick

>just switch back to /v/
>just jump back in time four years and go back to that depressive childish cesspit

"NO"

Am I fucking retarded or is this fucking dog just not here?

He's right there, user.

YES I'VE GOT HEARTACHES BY THE NUMBER

i have literally no idea what and where im supposed to be looking for

The dog.

W-what dog ;-;

Your tribal friend's dog.
He's in that area.

Watch out for Geckos.

i'm 10 strenght and 102 melee skill

all of the geckos are dead. i don't care about the geckos, i am trying to find the dog, I can only hear the nigger barking but I cant actually find him anywhere

But he's right there.

REE NO HE ISNT

He's legitimately right there.

i accidentally declined the quest so the dog despawned

had to reload an earlier save. i found him no worries

That's your problem.
Always pick up the quest.

Mind you, when you get to San Fran help the guy who gambled away his spleen immediately.
He dies if you take too long.

Howdy.

Howdy.

>nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/104075/?

What the fuck am I reading

>Chapter 77
>There are 77 chapters of this

Howdy.

Howdy there Pard'ner! Might I say we're looking dead as a doorknob!

Do you guys know any good New Vegas Lets Plays?

I've been watching Many a True Nerd and he's really knowledgeable about the game which is nice.

Don't even bother linking an LP if the faggot uses ENBs or any other tasteless mods.

All Let's Plays are shit and you should feel bad for wanting to watch other people play games.

I finished New Vegas recently, and I miss the game, I just want some background noise and learn a few things that maybe I'll utilize the next time I go back to it.

>I just want some background noise
Get the soundtrack.

>learn a few things that maybe I'll utilize the next time I go back to it
Better off reading shit on the wiki in your spare time.

Let's Plays are fucking dreadful.