/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Downgrade from 11.1 possible thanks to new exploits that are going to be released in the following months. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe only for RedNAND/a9lh users.
-Unbanning is possible by replacing LocalFriendCodeSeed_B gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-Preview version of hexFW released.
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
If you don't have a PSP game for Adrenaline access, your only option is to use a PS3 to download from PSN then transfer to the Vita. Demos cannot transfer, only full PSP games and PS minis will work.
-Adrenaline released. gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade.html
plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer)because
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DS ON SD
WHENNNNN!!!!!??????!!!!????!!!???!!!

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

Get your DSiware and PSP games (Adrenaline) while you still can.

Also $99 N3DS.

Postan

If I was to nab that black friday 3ds, would I need dsiware to use the new exploit coming up?

plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade.html

Probably not.

Please tell me what DS flashcart to buy for my N3DS.

So how do i uninstall a9lh and luma? is it actually possible?

and is it possible to do it and be on a lower firmware (like dg to 1.0.0 and uninstall?

Any of the R4 clones will do. Honestly, I think pretty much anything works at this point.

Ahezard hasn't posted in the DSi hacking thread for a while and there haven't been updates to nds_bootstrap either. It'll be months before a single retail rom becomes semi-playable.

yes, if you get it, get tales of exidia A$AP. its the only one not pulled yet. I got it today, was considering playing it but then i realised i can get it on my other 3ds so i dont hav e to screw around with saves

how to play free shop game from different region?

Just run safea9lhinstaller again.

Also yes.

RIP

>Error: firm1.bin is invalid or corrupted

Using SafeA9LHInstaller v2.6.6 and data_input_v3 trying to update A9LH on O3DS.

What's wrong? This guide has no troubleshooting section.

download different region freeshop game, disable region protection in your CFW settings, enjoy

You tried to boot it from homebrew launcher didn't you.

I have no idea where to get it

Nope. Holding down while powering on.
I had to rename a payload in order to do so.

After following 9.2 ctrtransfer (plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer)because of an error, should I just inject NANDmin again or is it a bad idea since it crashed with the old NAND?

Can I play Pokemon sun/Moon .CIA online on an a9lh 3ds, or are they banning people for it? Might buy a 3ds and hack it if so, otherwise I guess I'll buck up and get that $99 n3ds and be a filthy moral fag.

>tfw the vita is much better than the 3dshit
I almost fell for the 3d meme, thank god I didn't.

fair enough. You did remember to put the firm files inside a9lh folder though right?
Double check your actions with the guide, even though it mentions a v4 of the input folder for some reason.

Nintendo can't tell if it's cracked or not

Reposting from last thread
Anyone knows if it's possible to trim the PSP base game for adrenaline?

>He has to validate his purchase by shouting about how happy he is about buying something on an image board

Number 1 sign of early buyer's remorse sign t-b-h

Yeah, I made sure I copied the files from release.zip, which is supposed to be arm9loaderhax.zip into /a9lh/.

Also the beginning of the guide says you need data_input_v4 for the initial installation of A9LH on an N3DS, but you use data_input_v3 for updating.

I just went through the prepwork section of the guide a second time making sure to remove the files from the first attempt as I went. Still no dice.

Depends on the game since all games behave differently. Trimming game could make it crash or refuse to boot.

If you want to use Adrenaline, just go get Alien Zombie Death. It's only 9MB and costs 99 cents, not a bad deal to unlock the entire PSP library.

This.

enjoy your small selection of games

Isn't it too late now? don't have a PS3

You could install PS Minis through QCMA

I wasn't even aware v4 was a thing until i tried changing the provided torrent link to ask for it just now.
Try it anyway until it's satisfied according to the sourcecode it's checking the bin so just try them all until it likes one.
It was never a problem updating for me, weird.

fuck that ps3 4.70 exploit. it's completely unreliable except for a handful of shovelware games

Recommend me some good 3ds games.

What are you going to install or playtonight?

Pokemon, Mario and Zelda.

It will most likely be on 11.0 when you buy it.

monster hunter stories, now with less moonrune.
The plot is still incoherent nonsense but at least the interface is english.

That did it. Thanks man.

rope and pill hax

I'm just playing Pokemon Moon. When I clear the main game, I'll go on hiatus from it, and go back to my Vita.

Is it out in English or something? Or do you have a patch you can link me to?
Been wanting to play Stories for ages now

Remember that one, huge game that's a 100% console seller in the japlands? You know, the one dead handheld doesn't have?
Monster Hunter

Peachds.com it will send you to ebay where you can buy one with paypal.
Mine came in 4 days.

Recently switched from emuNAND to A9LH, it's as simple as copying and pasting old card contents to a new one now? Just bought a bigger and faster one and I remember the process being slightly complicated with emuNAND because of the whole partition / system-in-a-system thing.

Also what's the recommended format for a card?

>all those kiddy games
>monster hunter at 240p
should I laugh or just vomit?

It's on 3dsiso in the cia downloads section, unfortunately it's not a patch so you need to download the entire fucking game again.
It's partially translated and i must say pretty damn playable.
I would have settled for a romfs patch myself, more efficient use of space and easier to replace, oh well.

Fat32. If you're on anything bigger than 32gb (64 like I am) you'll need to use something other than windows formatting tool to do so. I think in one of the guides above it'll tell you the program but it shouldn't really matter.
For copying files it's as simple as drag and drop, you're correct.

3d is not a gimmick

Updating boot.3dsx somehow fixed this, if people have problems.

im glad im not the only one that rather hates that "game" guide but unfortunately the 3ds doesnt have the same variety the ds had

> it's as simple as copying and pasting old card contents to a new one now?
Yes.
> Also what's the recommended format for a card?
It must be FAT32.

>blurry 240p n64 textures in 3d
I'd get a 3ds if I wanted to die of seizures.

>Tfw you fell for the idort meme and ended up getting both

3DS is cool but Vita has been getting much more playtime

ty friendos

Having to come into this thread to defend your console shows how much you actually care about the device.
Yeah, (You) showed us.

Does dsi to 3ds tranfer still work? since we have dsi hacks now couldnt we chuck a hacked save on there?

>the 3ds is not a shitty handheld filled with shitty kiddy games and horrible 3d games with shitty resolution, crappy graphics and horrible gameplay
Go back to pokemon kid, you have to 18 to post here.

What games are there. The only things I know about the vita is there're vns. and I can get lewd vns already on my pc. I ask this genuinely, as someone who's also not a weeb. though I guess if lewd vns count then partial weeb.

I'm happy with both but it helps that i haven't played many ds games so i can add these on top of the 3ds library

You need to shitpost using pokepics user or in your case trashy weeb game pics.

>tfw bored of video games and just want p5 and nier automata
fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

God Eater Resurrection
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Toukiden Kiwami
Toukiden 2
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Phantasy Star Nova
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Sword Art Online Lost Song
Sword Art Online Hollow Realization
Earth Defense Force 2017
Earth Defense Force 2
Attack on Titan

These are just some of the action games I enjoy.

im just in it for the hacks at this point

Sure, why?

well since the eshop doesnt work for dsi anymore (right?) couldnt we inject the save onto a game hacked onto the system and transfer it over?

Not the one you are replying to but Toukiden Kiwami (don't know how the sequel is) is really bad.
Tactics are really trivial because you have to slash permanently and sometimes you use your X to heal yourself.
And if you feel like it, just use another skill from your Mitama. But not really necessary.
Purifying body parts doesn't yield much except for materials.
I mean, most mosnters can still do their normal attacks.
So why even bother?
It tries way too much to be Monster Hunter without even knowing what Monster Hunter makes so great.

wat

>3.63 NEVER EVER
>PSN NEVER EVER

Meant for

>Star Ocean First Departure on Vita

Holy shit, it's so perfect. It looks amazing and it's fun.

If we could do this, we wouldn't even need eshop in the first place.

I have about 35 hours of travelling to do over the next fortnight, so I'm taking my modded 3DS along as a travel companion. I have a bunch of RPGs to kill time (SMT Apocalypse, Pokémon, Xenoblade Chronicles, Bravely Default and Persona Q), but I'm afraid of getting burned out on the genre. Anyone have any good recommendations for non-RPG games to download? This can include NES, SNES, GBA and Genesis games.

How does it feel to know that past this gen we'll never ever again have full access to any device anymore?

I mean, even the PS3 still makes you just through hoops, the PSP is probably the last of the completely hackable devices out there

If injecting saves could grant us full access to anything post 11.0, OoT and PowerSaves would be all that's necessary to hack a 3DS

does it still do that title check thing? Im still surprised focus hasnt been on breaking this step

PS3 was literally just installing a update file from a USB and it gave you kernel access to the system.

Assuming that you were on 3.55 or below.

isnt that how the dsi sploit works though?

hahahaha, the switch is going to be a complete shitshow too.

Nobody gives a fuck about the Xbone because all their games are on PC.

PS4 has exploits still, just nobody is publicly working on things.

Consoles are shit nowadays anyways so no big loss

y'know, thanks for atleast recognizing the 3ds has games I can go back to.
Stay looking for ways to play whatever the fuck there is on the vita, weeb.

Good there's nothing worth my time on current gen consoles. Consoles are dying and this time it's for real.

>3ds has games
literally the only "games" people played this year only was pokemon and monster hunter

>If injecting saves could grant us full access to anything post 11.0
That's how the dsiware downgrade works though.
Pretty sure the real issue is that you can't inject dsiware saves using powersaves.

That's only becauss EOV hasn't been localised yet.

>Assuming that you were on 3.55 or below
That was my point

Forgive me for my wording, I meant 3DS saves

There is no shortage of *hax entrypoints, what we need is an ARM9 exploit.

I'm hoping hackers are hoarding one for EoL.

And thats 2x the amount of games that the vita has.
And that's not even including homebrew applications.
I know you want (You)s but seriously, theres a reason why the 3DS has sold more than the vita.

>EoL
??
loe?

So is there a way to access System Transfer temporarily with a banned 3ds? I only need it once, to transfer to the new system.

>theres a reason why the 3DS has sold more than the vita.
because kids love pokemon and mario and nintendo knows they can exploit normies and jits?

Please send help.
Im installing adrenaline and have gone to the beta henkaku site.

I rebooted and opened molecular shell and my file system looks different and I cannot find transfered mp4s. I cannot use FTP.

What do?

It has more mainstream trash on it, obviously its the popular pick. If half assed nintendo goodies like 3d land,ALBW and your 6 flavors of pokemen make you rock hard, then more power to you.

>theres a reason why the 3DS has sold more than the vita.
>hurr it sells so it's good
yeah, call of duty sells a lot too, what a great game.

Enable unsafe homebrew with start then install vitashell

I have unsafe homebrew to on.
The problem is i renamed zip files to mp4 to transfer with QCMA.

I cannot find a path to the transfered mp4s so i can install vitashell.
Will I be able to install without using FTP?

why do first party nintendo games never go on sale
starfox 3ds is still $40 in stores and in the eshop and that came out in 2011