What are Veeky Forums thoughts about the Colt/Summit/Mirage, specially from 89 to 91

What are Veeky Forums thoughts about the Colt/Summit/Mirage, specially from 89 to 91.

There is one laying around in a pretty fair shape, it have manual everything and the only comfort is standard a/c, It's the base model 1.5l(12valves I think) and 4sp manual.

I'm tempted to getting and striping the shit out of it, put some bucket seats, a rollcage, racing steering wheel and harness and start tuning it to a better track day toy.

They are pretty uncommon around here, and I've seen some awd builds and 4g63 swaps. I can't find any info on their rear suspension configuration tho.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bebg-wJTsVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is also the 92-96 generation available. In the Gti configuration (1.8l, 16v, 140hp 5sp manual) But none around my area.

thats an S13 hatch lad.

Lol, I thought the same thing

Awesome cars prone to really bad roof rust. Pillars that the roof skin is attached to is joined together by epoxy from the factory that over time let's moisture in.

Pretty much a DSM hatchback. Just Google CSM. I'd get one if I had a spare turbo Talon laying around to pull the drivetrain and harness/subframe to make it all work.

Do you speak about the 89-92 version right, the "s13 hatch".
>Awesome cars prone to really bad roof rust. Pillars that the roof skin is attached to is joined together by epoxy from the factory that over time let's moisture in.
I can confirm this, the roof on the one I saw was starting to bubble. but no big deal.
>Pretty much a DSM hatchback.
That was my greatest doubt, it's easy to mod them, the rear suspension isn't full of shit? The DSM one goes in well?

You can bolt in the whole rear subframe with diffs and all, it will take some work though. There's a few CSM websites. And yes, 89-93. There was also a factory turbo GT version with a 140hp 4G61T

Thanks m8, I'm looking foward to that.
I guess the rear solid axle/twist beam will come out and the DSM's multilink will come in, right.

Was never as good as the Micra, or the Starlet.

Not now, not then, not ever.

The Cyborg R version had the power and the handling, comparable to the EG/EK civic.
It was basic a lancer hatch back then.
Not to mention the looks, that thing is sublime irl.

It did not grew as time passed, remaining in the super compact segment tho.

Spotted in Dresden

10/10 would buy.

Did they sell these in the US?

As Dodge/Plymouth Colt, and Eagle Summit.
And Mitsubishi Mirage as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bebg-wJTsVY

Mitsubishi Marketed elsewhere as mirage or colt, depending on the country.

I bought a gs-t swapped one for 2300 a few years back. Ported 18g with bigger injectors and a tune and it dyno'd 273 at the wheels, forgot how much boost.
Hooked too hard at the track on radials and the tranny&axles blew up, sold it for 4800 the next day to some tard.

Imo, shaky over ~120mph
Body reinforcement is a must
1.5 is ass, hard to swap in a 4g6 series.
4 speed is meh
Good for a grocery getter and daily if it's in good condition but don't expect anything better than a late 80's base model civic.
If you have low expectations they will be barely met and high you will be disappointed
Trust me when I say look for a 1.6 5 speed though. Turbo parts bolt right on as it's basically a smaller displacement 4g63.

What would do better?
An EF hatch
or this CSM?

Depends on it's purpose