Bitch about four wheelers
Bitch about office workers
Ignore the troll

Other urls found in this thread:

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/0811dp-diesel-natural-gas-injection/
newsmax.com/TheWire/utah-trucker-sex-slave/2014/03/13/id/559334/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cruise control isn't working fuck my life senpai

Better stop skipping leg day. My APU ain't fixed. Glad the weather's comfy.

Wish there was more CNG filling stations out in the middle of nowhere.

Then I could convert my truck.

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/0811dp-diesel-natural-gas-injection/

>no ape hangers

disappointed

>Pick up truck from shop
>Pick up load
>Drive a few hours to get ahead of schedule
>Stop for the night
>Wake up
>Pretrip
>Oil fucking everywhere on driver side steps
>Open hood
>Oil everywhere
>Oil cap missing
>Rig a psuedo oil cap with sandwich bag and electrical tape until I can buy a real one

I have no idea how this happened.

Swift drivers lol

>truck still not fixed
>stuck in comfy hotel
>want to leave
>don't want to leave

halp

Spending my 34hr reset playing civ 6. Comfy game makes the time go by quick.

If I were trailer trash, I would bring my 14 kids to the truck stop tonight and have them knock on all the truck doors asking for candy. They would probably come back with a lot of hard drugs.

Yeah but at least my truck is running

What are you supposed to do for knee health? I do all city driving and my left knee bothers me about every other week. Been driving since June and hasn't gone away.

I would give them my leftover Phil-Brrrr cups filled with piss.

ok mr. moneybags

Not part of the automatic master race lol

Small price to pay imo

Be careful there. Your 36 hour rest may turn into a 48 because you just want one more turn.
And then your boss calls because your load hasn't moved in a week.

Adjust your seat.

>I didn't take advantage of the free 350 pts with every purchase in the the month of September.

All I paid for was tax when I bought those cups with my points.

Quick review? I'm a quarter into a 48hr 34 restart, might burn some money on it.

It's Civ 5 2.0 with a little more complexity and strategy. Mainly there are civics and districts that add flavor and ai civs have agendas. Overall it feels better than civ 5 but not much. Also the barbarians are outrageous in this one.

Outrageous, you say? Truly, truly outrageous?

Bleh, I guess Ill wait 3 years and get it with all the dlc for $10

Standard barbarians are equivalent to raging barbarians in civ5

Is Gandhi still a backstabbing warmonger?

Actually no. He is peaceful. Just don't mess with him during the classical/medieval cause he has op elephants.

Got the trailer out of the shop and 3 loads booked for the next 3 days. Hope I remember to get the wheels retorqued.

Your truck is governed anyway. Hammer down, company boy.

Just size your tanks appropriately. There are already conversions with 1500 mile ranges.

Put your seat low.

>tfw office is on central time
>wake up at 0700 eastern for no reason
>still waiting for rate confirmations
I might just nap until 1000 or so. Only have 210 miles to run today.

>using the clutch

Nah actually I get the problem in the cramped cabover rigids, lifting my feet off the floor for any reason just trashes my knees out.

>be sitting and driving for a few hours
>finally move
>Immediately feel hemorrhoids act up
>asshole in pain

Why is this allowed

Get one of those donut cushions senpai

Also had another egregious backing today, fucking tiny "warehouse" in downtown Denver.

>Landing gear on the ground
>Aero skirt too
Not meant for truck and trailer eh?

most of the places we go are not built for 53'
they never planned for expansion and by the time it became a problem it became too costly.
Denver isnt alone in this nonsense. ive been to places where you have to line up and go over two curbs before the back is remotely close to the dock. and one place in laredo i had to take my mudflaps off before i backed or id have lost em.

Not at all, but that doesn't stop our dispatch from sending us to places like this. I'm sure I've already told this, but we've had several drivers get loads going to houses in tiny residential neighborhoods.

The least they could do is get another company with box trucks to deliver this shit. Swift can usually T-Call at Conway, their pups would be far better suited for this arduous delivery.

>get another company with box trucks
but muh profits!
it should be mandatory for anything in cali thats for sure.

my personal favorite was having to back a mile down to deliver the appliances to a being built apartment complex, the place didnt even exist on maps yet and the directions i got were
"oh yeah, just keep going straight, they finished the asphalt about an hour ago. ill go park in the finished driveway."
close runner up was a printer delivery in california where i had to drive between two apartments and park the nose of my truck dangling over a ravine so they could man handle the rolls out. then back all the way out to the main street.

Yeah see that is absolutely ridiculous, I wish dispatchers were required to have OTR experience to understand some of this shit is just unsafe.

>been sitting at a Pilot J in near Denver for 3 days now waiting for a good load to come on the board
>almost tempted to buy some mary jane
>sitting on flatbed relaxing grilling some chicken breasts and smoking cigarettes
>seeing all of these van drivers in a rush to get in and out of the fuel island a tight schedule

Man I feel bad for some of these guys. They make trucking look like hard work. Looking all grumpy and pissed because somebody went to take a shit before moving their truck.

Are you kidding me? They are $14/hour cucks that are always getting threats and take out their shitty jobs on drivers. If they actually knew what they were doing, they would demand twice that. Become your own dispatcher senpai.

when you've only driven straight trucks, and then the boss wants you do drive something like this and back it down a dirt road.

Hourly cuck is best cuck shout out to you cpm cucks taking the shit jobs

>tfw base pay and commission

Had a doc appt today, need to be there by 1pm at the latest so said I'll come in and I will leave around noon. So I figured Tuesday I will just run to the airport and be done by 10am. Of course I'm about to leave for the airport and dude comes out so I hop on his route all late and go drag ass for a few hours. Brought like half the truck back. Good times.

having knowledge of what the truckers life is like is actually grounds to be fired in most of the big companies. they don't want you identifying with the driver. as it cuts profits. not even joking

This. I remember when I first started, I had a Mon-Fri dispatcher that was cool as shit, and then the weekend guy was nothing but an asshole. I was dropping off a load on Friday and there was a pick up there that was to be dropped off the next day on Saturday. I asked my dispatcher if he could find me something else that holds me over the weekend so I don't got to deal with the weekend dispatcher unless there's an emergency. So he booked me on a load about 100 miles away, and pushed the pick up appointment there a few hours back for another driver to get picked up. Come the next week he was fired over it. I felt so terrible. I had the guy's personal number and apologized for weeks. But he's now a driver for Crete and doing good. Dispatcher life sucks dick. You can't please the drivers and you can't please management. Management fucks up, you're to blame for not fixing it. Driver fucks up, you're to blame for putting him on the load to begin with. It's the shittiest job you can have.

Are you being cheeky or did you switch jobs?

I'm a lesbian now, haven't you heard?

Nah I don't hang /out/

Gotta get my year in before I get those posh cucks. Still, getting a grand a week after tax for a 21 yr old is great.

Damn navigation.

>truck shakes hard enough for me to go investigate
>peek out window
>corner of trailer inches from my face
>oh no reach for horn he pulls forward before I hit it
>pull on pants shoes
>he is now parked
but I can't find anything he hit, thought maybe he tapped the mirror but no marks on it
Guess I got lucky

Might've been just perfect enough angle for the trailer dock bumper to nudge the fender or something. Just a guess.

Kek.

I know that route. Although I normally take I-65 instead of I-57 if I'm going to Chicago because of retarded slow IL speed limits. Also on I-65 you actually his some scenery in KY while it's totally flat on I-24 to I-57.

Why are some trucks so low? I understand car haulers but don't see a reason for anything else.

For downforce

Yeah but wouldn't that at least make the company that much more efficient by having competent, decently paid workers?

Jesus Christ, Corporate America is getting out of hand desu.

>Bridge

for hauling rice obviousy

False. We just have to stop carring about you road jockies.

I drove for 7 years. Now i manage a fleet for a 3pl.

I know your life, and I have paved the way to my cushy salaried job on the broken bodies of truckers.

Was looking for this thread

will truckerfags be replaced soon by self driving trucks???

Yep, next week even.

I give it 10 years.

You will still have some drivers , but they will be more like traveling desk jockies

Needs moar camber

no
see: trains, ships, airplanes

The train thing is what really gets me. They can't even run those without conductors. And airplanes basically fly themselves but still need a minimum of two highly trained people to pilot them. Neither of those have to deal with anything near the traffic and unpredictability of the roads.

If anything, the autopilot stuff will make driving even easier but as long as people are still driving their cars on the same roads as the trucks, I don't think they will be run without somebody inside them. It's just too much of a liability.

if they do go full automation i for one will begin highway pillaging, no one for miles around? goddamn right im opening that box and stealing a few pallets of huggies or paper towels

You could do that now. Not like the 400lb company cuck will stop you.

Driving from Columbus, OH to Nebraska tomorrow..am i gonna see any of you famous truckerfags??

I'll be in Nebraska tomorrow around Omaha. If yer cute come say hi.

Its a possibility. But you'll never know for sure.

why post the low res version?

only because i didnt find the hi res version, my google fu is apparently weak

>docked in, about to leave, finishing paperwork
>guy starts to back up, wife gets out and starts guiding him
>guy finishes backing, wife blows him a kiss
>start leaving
>wife dutifully comes and checks to make sure my doors don't hit her husband's truck's mirrors
>tfw will never have a trucker wife

I wanna get my CDL and make as much money as humanly possible without the use of drugs, gaining weight, or having no time to drive car at all.

Where do I start (dead serious)?

>I wanna get my CDL and make as much money as humanly possible without the use of drugs, gaining weight, or having no time to drive car at all.
>Where do I start (dead serious)?

Start by not getting a CDL.

Start where then?

There are local CDL jobs where you can be home every night, even regular hours. I wouldn't say it would be a "career" job though. Probably wouldn't make over $25/hr.

I heard Trach tucks are pretty good if you can deal with garbage. Supposedly you get paid a certain amount a day and get your route. How fast you complete your route and get off work is up to you.

>Flames

Zozz my rozz

You could always kidnap one. It worked for this guy:

newsmax.com/TheWire/utah-trucker-sex-slave/2014/03/13/id/559334/

I average right around $25/hr. A little more or a little less depending on the week and how many hours I get stuck there. Our bulk guys make $26 something I think, maybe $27 now with raises. And we are in FL with no state income tax.

Plus anywhere that is straight hourly, most driving jobs are ~50hrs a week so even at $22/hr, you will end up at like $25avg with OT.

Been a Tyson yard driver for almost a year now.

My wife is Korean, she doesn't work and I'm starting to tread debt because I only make $13 an hour, we both want to get out of Missouri, I'm thinking about getting my class A when I get my income tax back.

Are there any companies that will hire fresh drivers or where do I even get experience, will my yard experience count with most employers? Everyone seems to want 2 years or more.

Also, do any of you guys carry guns?

There are tons of companies that will hire people right out of school with a Class A, but lots of it is OTR. What were you doing in the yard without a Class A? Trailer jockey deal? If so, I'm suprised they let you do that without a Class A.

Our warehouse guys don't have Class A licenses but they do pull the trucks around the yard. They are responsible for a whole lot of dings and scratches.

Yeah, no CDL required because it's a jockey like in the OP picture, I thought I'd need a license too but everyone said I don't.

I've never scratched up or dinged a trailer yet, the most damage I've done was I pulled one trailer and bent a dock lock because the idiots inside didn't push it back down when they said they did.

Most every trailer on our lot is a reefer too.

I mean that will def look better on your resumé than having never driven a truck. Any company that hires you will still want to put you through their training but if you know what you're doing then you should get through it faster.

Nice, do new drivers typically make decent money or not really?

Better than $13/hr after training. If you do OTR, it will take a bit to learn the tricks but by the end of your first year you should be doing a little better. Wherever you go (local or OTR) you are going to get the shitty routes until you have some seniority. But so many of these companies have high turnover so it doesn't take long.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it man

You should talk to your boss and ask if there is a way that you could possibly test in one of their trucks.

Like a year or two ago, we were short on drivers and they ended up letting some merchandisers and warehouse dudes study for the test on their own time and then letting them drive the trucks and train with their permits and then test in the Pepsi trucks.

Most of them quit within a month or two of getting their Class A. I don't think they will do that again at our location.

I asked last week but they said no to using a company truck for the test, they also never got the information back to me about the Tyson CDL program they have and when I asked today they said they'd look into it and get me the stuff but I doubt they will because I also asked for it a month ago

I might go in early tomorrow and go straight to HR and see if they can't give me something because my managers are practically useless

There is a local place that will rent me a truck for about $75 when I go to take my test

That's straight then, if you can study for the test on your own and get your permit, then just keep driving the Tyson trucks for a couple months until you are ready for the test, rent the thing for $75 and you should have no problem with the road and skills test as long as you study up for the pre-trip.

I'm pretty sure Tyson does. I'm thinking about going to work with them. Those who KWs are nice looking.

>mfw still stuck in hotel
>mfw have to have breakfast with hamplanet codriver who eats so fucking loud god damn have some fucking manners jfc
>going to lose my shit
>pisses me off to no end

>oh yeah training newbies is a great way to earn extra cash
and now you know better.

Noel, MO? I've picked up there that place is shit they made us wait 16 fucking hours for a load in bumfuck nowhere

This is my first and last co-driver. I will never make it in the training program not fuckin worth it

Central Refrigerated Class of 2004 Autism checking in.

Almost made it a year.

ANYONE WITHOUT A VALID CDL AND MED CARD HAS NO IDEA HOW TO HANDLE THEIR 1 INCH DICK LET ALONE THEIR FUCKING CAR.

U can never get 1 second of respect from me till u get a cdl.

The fuck off of my road and out of the way faggots.

Got a new daily driver so i can play super trucker.

Cannot wait to train horns.

Keep her between the lines truckerbro.

Watch out for these beemer weilding autists playing bumoercars and blamming u.

BRUH!!!!! MOARRRRRRRRR

MOAR PICKS OF (TOW MY BIKE)

MUST. SEE.

I would never even want to do that. Not even in my position where they won't be beating off in the back of the truck like with you guys.

Brand new guys are a pain in the ass and slow you down. But after the first week or two, they can actually help you get done earlier. Only problem is 75% are going to be lazy and/or stupid and fuck stuff up that I have to fix so I would rather just do it myself. There are a few veteran dudes I don't mind when they ride along but aside from that I would rather work by myself.

damn, is Wordpukebot still running around in the threads?

ive never understood the benefits of it. forced to be up for more than 14 hours watching some idiot put his dick beaters all over your gear and vehicle and wreck your shit while he's figuring shit out sounds like a horrible idea. THEN after an arbitrary amount of time try and sleep while this dumb fuck drives. i never understood how my trainer did it. i know i felt like absolute dogshit when id fuck something up and have to wake him, really it got to the point id park for my 30 in fuel aisles in po-dunk places to avoid having to wake his ass up to un fuck whatever i did while backing. at least with the tarps i only had to help un fuck whatever the shippers did.
must be, and they gave him access to instagram.