/ovg/ Spooky Scary Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Our Mumble server is incredibly active and features over 30 regular visitors, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Alpinestars_Car_Pack
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>samefagging
>removes trip cause he knows
is right
at least you removed your trip, dumbass.

>4 unique IP's so far
Normally I'd say the tripfaggot reset his IP but its powerrrrr and I don't think he's smart enough for that.

Nope.
Not OP.

I don't even have a clue what the fucking ## code is for that trip. Only one I know is the one related to this picture

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY FATAL RACING
>for yesterday

Step aside fake racers...

>The mustangs start from the last 2 places

Raceroom is more realistic than what I thought.

Reminder to never let backmarkers use Group A cars.

Hey boys, seductive spork juct 3331 here. Check out my halloween setup.

edging so hard to this the top of my dick is bright red like a cherry

So what's the general consensus on the G920? I want to replace my DFGT and I don't wanna spend more than $400 because car parts, but I'll be getting the shifter if I do. I'm thinking of the G920 over the G29 because I'd like to use it with Horizon 3, but I'm worried about how well it will work.

literally exactly the same as a g27 but more expensive

honestly a fanatec clubsport is the only way to go everything else is just wasting your money

MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY MIKEY

Nice fox body

>$600 for just the base

It really is, shame he's selling it.

>everyone here loses their shit about Wangan constantly
>finally played it at an actual arcade in an actual cabinet at a public place

>the physics are terrible, the music is awful and clips on its own setup, the cars are all meme cars and the game itself is P2W as fuck

literally why do people say wangan/initial d is good

it cant even be the music since its fucking inaudible from its own setup and is shitty eurotrash dance beat garbage anyway

I like Initial D Stage 7 AAX because the only time I play it is during Otakon so it's free. I probably wouldn't play it if I had to pay

wangan's physics are literally identical to Mario Kart GP2

the only difference is that wangan doesnt have a meter for boost from snaking

Which tire is the hard compound for WEC?

S6

the one labeled "WET"

Initial D is a massive meme. The people who enjoy the "culture" and devour everything that has an AE86 in it are trash.

>how Mercedes remembers the DTM years

Thank you

The one that gets you the hardest

@ me next time yeah?

what is the lifespan of steering wheels?
i bought pic related from secondhand, and i want to know how long these things last at what kind of use?

horrible scenes of a man attacking the legend

many variables

Probably a while, if you really want to be cautious take it apart, clean it, and put new grease.

Let's guess what the new FH3 cars are gonna be bros
>Vehicle 1: Halloween is such a kooky time of year! I love the festive nature of this holiday.
Nissan S14 "Kouki"
>Vehicle 2: It may be crazy to hear this but, what comes around goes around.
Toyota MR2
>Vehicle 3: You never know until you try! The result might make for generations of cherished
rivalries and competition.
???
>Vehicle 4: If lives were gears this cat would be hitting 60 in less time than it takes to read this clue aloud.
???
>Vehicle 5: It takes class to inspire this kind of driving. Well, that and one helluva big wing!
???
>Vehicle 6: Street legal yes. Daily driver, probably not.
???
>Vehicle 7: Sometimes winning makes for strange bedfellows.
???

3 is first gen Evo
5 i'm thinking a merc (class are a merc thing) with a large wing, perhaps a DTM
6 rally car or a pointless extreme track toy
7 the whole winning and association thing makes me think about the bentley LMP but LMPs would be way out of place in horizon so idk

Is this coming out today or tomorrow?

Supposedly today (11/1)

>yfw you see someone from ovg walking around your university

It's not Halloween anymore spooky pls go

>someone from ovg
>walking
it checks out

Walking into the racing simulator room no less

who

Thomas thyman

Get a g27 and cone race RANWEC

Fanatec is a complete meme. They make alright pedals that are a little overpriced.

Honestly, with OSW being maybe a grand and still falling, you'd have to be retarded to buy clubsport. Some chink will make a motor controller that costs 300 bucks with a PSU eventually and completely gut the market.

Entry level, get a cheap second hand T500, T300 or T150 depending on your budget, and do a 10 dollar brake mod with a conical bit of rubber and a drill. The G27 and assorted clones really aren't a step up from the DGFT in any appreciable way, and the shifter is a waste of time. You could build an adapter to usb for around 5 bucks and use the shifter stand-alone if you really wanted, or if you knew how to code you could probably interpret the G920 shifter with an arduino and output it to clone the thrustmaster stand-alone one, I think they're both potentiometer based so it might not even be that difficult.

>implying manrys is able to walk

Anyone know where I can download the Porsche stuff for AC? I don't feel like lining Stefano's pockets for something I'm only curious to investigate.

ask in mumble

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH3_Alpinestars_Car_Pack
actually pretty meh

Snow in later expansions confirmed

seems nice to me what is meh?

6.99 on the website.
9.99 on my xbox.
why?

None of the cars are mindblowing, it's nice but not amazing. Like, the only want I really want to buy is the Talbot.

Ferrari manual when?

Saw Larguu walking around new york today, walked in his way by accident in time square and he yelled "hey i'm walking here".

what would be "mindblowing" to you in a car game?

Something unexpected or original that would make me eagerly watch the download bar to get my hands on that virtual bit of car.

so you don't actually know but you expect it anyway... ok

What?

heres to (you)

Making the box trucks drivable so I can skid them

Not him, but have something tied to australia's history, or something you haven't seen in a game yet, like the talbot.
The starion with the Group B bodykit or the pajero EVO. The old japanese cars are also unexplored in vidya, like the Daruma celica, the R30 skyline, the RWD lancers and GTOs, from europe, tackle the new stuff from the makers that are not that widely known, like the new alpine, the ginetta G60, a noble of some sort etc.

Also VL commodore for the doses

I'd cream if a Ginetta G60 show'd up in Forza.

>ANOTHER BMW
Forza should just be called Ferrari and BMW racing game with some other cars added to the mix

Someone is mad here. POST BMWs

>being this buttmad he got btfo by german muscle

dont forget the trillions of fords

>the developers are a couple lines of code and a render away from letting us drive the bus and box truck

Nice camry my dude ;)

That too. I don't think we need the Mustang 2 or the SN95.

Don't think we need the NB and NC Miatas either

just livin the chav life here

Nice chavbox bro

Chances are the vehicles are already drivable, you just can't use them. Some of the traffic vehicles register as proper cars for the promo thing, so it's likely they're treated as actual cars.

At the very least it's not duplicates Mitsubishis and Nissans along with PS2 models.

It's quite ridiculous though

don't set the ffb absurdly high and you'll lengthen the lifespan

What ghetto mods have you done to fix your setup?

For me, the biggest was adding paddles to my DFGT. I say paddles, but they're more like extenders made out of fucking PCI-E brackets zip tied to the central column and covered with hot glue. Feels so much nicer to have to have them at my fingertips instead of having to reach in. I've also wrapped bungee cords around the pedals and put foam in the brake, but nothing can fix those shitty things.

This thing is A E S T H E T I C as fuck.
I can get the power/weight on par with my Cobra R for B class, just need to get the handling dialed in.
It also doesn't have those horrible fucky 4th and 5th gears that bog down the engine like the Cobra R has.
It could definitely be faster.

First new Barn find i got was a [spoiler]H/T 2000 GTR[/spoiler]

>How to spot the /v/-fag with one easy post

I don't go on /v/

ded thread

everyone is edging rn

Gonna be in Rushcutters bay next month, any /ovg/ guys in the area?

If you already have a DFGT. Either get a thrustmaster set, better or just stay with the DFGT.
I honestly don't think it's worth upgrading to another Logitech wheel

ok

My G27 brake pedal refused to go back to 0 so I used O-rings to stiffen the spring a bit and it worked perfectly.

I've done something similar in the past, except it was a phone that was mounted onto the wheel. Would then load a virtual joystick app and put a few labeled buttons there.

Is /ovg/ over?

REDFERN
E
D
F
E
R
N

When sti guy gets elected in 6 days, we will make the thread great again. "We will go back to the days of 3 threads a day!" ~ sti guy

>yfw even /ogc/ has more replies than /ovg/
deader than a dead thread on a shit board

SJ was right

>Never ending barnfind cutscene is back for the GT-R

What kind of grease do you put in it?

I have nfs1 on floppy disks, can I do anything with it

How is it possible to have taste THIS shit?