>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
Wood Elves Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

5 Minutes of Gameplay (Morghur confirmed!)
youtube.com/watch?v=-9M33Idbm5k

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

So, the FLC this time is a new LL and unit for beastmen, new wizard for empire and new wizard for vampires?

in for autism

and elves

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

Oh god I know this feel. I can only play non-Roman factions if they never come into contact/conflict with ROME

AND I THINK TO MYSELF

Plus the two lores, and all the maps for the new quest battles.

There might also be other unanncounced stuff.

TRUE KING OF EIGHT PEAKS

First for Our Best Lords

Is FoTS mostly gun line infantry play?
What about Attila?

Fots still has regular samurai units
So its a combination of both

It's kinda like Pike & Shot ramped up to eleven

you would probably die

very painfully

I masturbated to the VC vampire chick agent today

I don't even know what happened, but goddamn that outfit

Had to pause mid battle several times to change angles

Is this early-onset autism?

So among those 3, who is the absolute worst LL?

>early

It's called thirst

Azhag is decent in a fight
He just has shitty starting units

FoTS has both and they're both quite useful if you know how to use them. But the main thing is the artillery. Get Armstrong guns and blow the shite out of your enemies.

It even transfers over to Medieval for me. The faction I have the overwhelming majority of playtime in any medieval game that allows it is always Byzantium. Even with AoC I did a brief run with Charlemagne and the Emirate of Cordoba and then played modded Theme of Sicily for the rest of it.

You're embrassing the 2d path, my friend

run before it's too late

FotS is a combination. Samurai actually remain viable until late game.

I only phase them out when they AI starts getting high tier cannons and high tier line infantry that can start putting up a resistance in melee.

You can do really quite well if you take advantage of terrain (ie, crest the hill at the last second, using forests to mitigate damage from enemy rifle-volleys). Spear levies to take the brunt of fire, katana kachi to cut their way through the enemy lines. You can't auto-resolve if you're going traditional though. Autoresolve will fuck you hard.

Really, you can go modern or traditional. There's something extremely satisfying about gunning down a unit of samurai with a gatling gun though.

>onset autism
More like full blown autism

No bully.

At least Vampire agent girl won't judge me

Heinrich
>Outclassed by Mannlet, who can invest in armor, has Lores of Death and Vampire, and can have a ZOMBIE DRAGON
>Outclassed by VLAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!! on multiple levels
>Outclassed by newcomer Helman for having more practical and useful stuff

Poor dude can't catch a break.

Azhag is a decent fighter, has a cool wyvern and is a spellcaster on top of that (of an otherwise unavailable lore!)
Kemmler is a shitty wizard with the Lore of Vampires
Gelt is a shitty wizard with the Lore of Metal

Gelt is the worst, pure wizard+worst lore

Anyone got a good shot of the 2 Harpie Concepts?
Just wondering if they accidentally leaked the Dark Elf Harpy concept as the face on pic related looks similar to the Wood Elves' Spellsinger concepts.

Good taste desu.

This is it, men. This is where we stem the tide.

Two Empire stacks, one already badly mauled by Kholek, against Archaon, Sigvald, the Everwatcher and some random goat.

Gelt since his spells suck ass and other Empire wizards give better buffs and his starting units are ASS.

Is this any good?

Just watch stream recording.

Sigmar be with you!

>his starting units are ASS.
Wut?
That mortar carried me through the first twenty turns.
Ended the campaign with double gold chevrons.

Mind you, I swaaped out Gelt for a generic general on turn one.

>I swaaped out Gelt for a generic general on turn one
Wow rude.

Found it thanks.
Seems like this second one is more feathery but shares the same feet and loin cloth as the other so I guess they are both Beastmen Harpies.
That being said it seems only concept 1 and 3 were shown off judging by the numbers next to them. But nothing concrete yet.

You're forgetting the
>worse than standard VC Lord.

Just remove him from the game desu senpai

>new wizard for vampires?

No.

Someone asked if we would get Vampire Lord (Lore of Shadows).

Same as how we'll probably get Bray Shaman (Shadows), and Chaos Sorcerer (Shadows).

We're not getting an entirely new unit, just the same old unit with a different lore. Like in TT.

Napoleon is to Empire
Fall of Samurai is to Shogun 2
Attila is to Rome 2

Is this correct?

Why Franz has a Marienburg banner?

I did the same in my Chaos campaign; recruited a new lord and killed Sigvald off by autoresolve.
I like recreating my TT armies.

Probably a Marienburg campaign that confederated Reikland whilst Karl Franz was active leading a stack.

First for Gelt is actually the Baldwin IV, King of Jerusalem

mfw best dawi will be here before the second game

One down, three more to go.
Unfortunately I lack the cav to prevent the fleeing units from rallying.

OH COME ON!

Heinrich is supposed to be the godfather of Necromancers (who still have their fleshy bits).

He's supposed to be like this diabolical old guy who will screw everyone and everything in many ways, NOT LIKE SOME FIFTH WHEEL THAT CAN'T ROLL AT ALL.

The only way would be to have him get Krell that would be permanently attached to his army and who replaces any Wight King Kemmler had in his army (the Wight King becomes Krell and all the levels the former had are transferred to the latter).

NO, BEST DAWI COME IN 2ND EXPANSION SO YOU MUST WAIT UNTIL THEN.

user that's wrong and you know it.

Best dawi will come at the very end, and will thus be the result of all their experience from previous DLC's. Look at the quality leap between Beastmen and Wood Elves, now imagine how good Chorfs will be

Vampire loli LL when?

There's at least one in the lore.

Looks like Darren is streaming mods if anyone is interested.
Just look up DarrenTotalWar or his youtube channel since captcha hates links.

I usually make some sort of cosmetic mod before starting a campaign, to match my RL miniatures, though admittedly, this one is the most elaborate to date (Dwarfs was just removing horned helmets and giving Thane shields to Longbeards).

Kemmler is only in this game to remind people that they haven't implemented legendary "Hero" Units into the game yet. He is there too early and likes to occasionally remind me that I don't have Krell.

One thing that always bothered me about fantasy settings in general, but more specifically in Warhammer is how common these fantastic occurences are to the average citizen.

As readers we obviously know everything going on and we have the entire map chewed up for us.
But what about the average empire citizen? Is the average life in the Old World a daily clusterfuck of monsters and war or is there a chance that the average soldier will barely see any monstrous or supernatural event?
What about the peasants? Can they live their entire lives without seeing a single beastmen?

>Trilogy

We're going to get DLC for the DLC of the DLC's DLC.

Neat.

>But what about the average empire citizen? Is the average life in the Old World a daily clusterfuck of monsters and war or is there a chance that the average soldier will barely see any monstrous or supernatural event?
If you life in one of the bigger cities, you are very unlikely to ever see anything more wonderous than that dwarf who lives down the street.

If you're a soldier you might run into beastmen or orcs, but these are usuually skirmishes with no huge epic things going down.

>What about the peasants? Can they live their entire lives without seeing a single beastmen?
Depends.
In Bretonnia, possibly.

In the Empire or Kislev not so much.
But again, 99% of all beastmen attacks are small scale raids.

Heavily depends where you live. Basically the average Imperial peasant might complain more about heavy taxes and the local lord being a dick than having to fight the Beastmen on regular basis.

Also the current campaign is based on the End Times so it's like the 30 years war, except much worse and in larger scale. Shitty place to live no matter what. During better times the Empire is equal to 17th century HRE in terms of violence. Unless one lives in away from the Altdorf and Nuln areas. Then it must be shitty.

Besides, not like the Empire military is 24/7 fighting against demons. Someone has to keep order and guard the cities.

oh ok, cool stuff

thanks

Indeed.

They could've given Konrad in, but then he'd be non-stop bitchin to Mannfred about the whole betrayal thing.

Seriously, Kemmler should be Moullision and start in Bretonnia.

But then it would be a hard thing for him.

Also can't wait for Krell seriously...and for Ludwig Schwarzhelm.

can someone post that shitty diagram for base tactic?

>implying it'll be anyone but Flandre

In Bretonnia the peasant life is even worse than in the Empire. Empire peasants have no rights at all and the best way to guarantee 3 meals a day is to join the military. In Bretonnia the local lord just drafts the peasant when he needs cannon fodder. The Empire at least provides weapons and armor for their soldiers.

I will never not smile at this gobbo

The elves and vampires probably have the highest standard of living.

>mfw Morghur LL and Harpies.

Did they confirm that his victory condition was to burn down the Oak of Ages?

Also, is Morghur a seperate Beastmen subfaction or can you recruite him if you start as Khazrak or Malagor?

We'll always be friends, won't we, Gobbla?

>I've literally never played anything other than WRE.
the first 300 or so hours I played Attila I played exclusively as the WRE, I have done just about everything one can do with it

The Knights are where its at.

Peasants even in the empire can live their entire lives without encountering anything. But the more frontier or inhospitable place you live in the more likely you'll encounter them.

Peasants are superstitious and news and rumours do propagate so while a peasant might not know anyone who has seen a goblin or a beastmen they will probably know about them and be fearful of them.

most towns or farmsteads are fortified because of the fear of such raiders.

in the big cities there are scholars (re idiots) who know of the beastmen but since they have never seen one they think they're just mis understood mutants

veteran soldiers will most likely have encountered such menaces in their patrols and will know about the smaller horrors like what an orc or an undead soldier is like. Adventurers will have definitely have seen them.

Magic isn't an everyday thing. but its not so uncommon to as be unheard of. Think of it like the modern world. You might not know anyone who owns a private jet. But you know that there are people who do.

>The peasants only get to keep a tenth-share

This is stupid. You can't build an economy like that.

they're creepy and they're kooky
they're scruffy and they're smelly
they can't afford a telly
the Carstein's family

>Darren shat on Lorehammer in his stream
He knows whats up

Phyrric Victory, over a thousand brave souls will be laid to rest in the northern earth, but all four enemy lords are dead and the back of the horde is broken.

THE EMPIRE ENDURES!

February can't come soon enough.

Yes, she will.

I know he starts in Nordland (even though they should have moved Khazrak there and given Morghur the Estalia start) but I'm not sure if he's a subfaction. I would honestly hope that They'd just cave and make every Beastie LL their own subfaction, with the option to recruit the other LLs if their faction has been defeated.

>implying the Bretonnia knights give a shit about the economy

Says who, knave?

You think the slaves in China that make your iphone get a 10%? Ha.

CONTENT FOR THE CONTENT GOD, DLC FOR THE DLC THRONE!

desu I'd be okay with it if they added a $1000 worth of DLC to this game as long as they maintain roughly the current dollar-content ratio, I'd pay $15 for an Amazons of Lustria pack. If it means I can have a totally complete and realized Warhammer world to play Total War in then I'll give CA unrestricted access to my bank account

But then I'm a total mark for this shit.

What did he say?

Oh, it's not a grand life, but all those knights erranting around means that you're at least less likely to be eaten by a rapegoat.

February? Is Bretonnia really so far away?

its a shame that theme of sicily is so overpowered, I just ended up playing as Lombards again

thats a great screen, the one downside of legendary is that you cant pause to take pictures

why are you still using such low tier units?

Praise Sigmar for his will has brought us victory.

Weep with me.

As The Empire, is it worth just spamming swordsmen until I get halberdiers?

:^)

G O B L I N S

Do units take more damage if they're surrounded?

Yes, bury the Orcs in human bodies until their drown.

The AI kept putting units in really deep formations so he gave it a minus point.

Not entirely true. Bretonnian lords levy peasant bowmen sure. but men at arms are "professionals" who are paid for and recruited at set times in the year. Generally if a peasant doesn't think they can afford their kids they'll have their kids run off to join the lords forces. They get paid. but most of their pay goes towards room and board as well as equipment which is provided.

The difference is the empire is more of a professional army and their soldiers are provided proper training and drill while bretonnian men at arms are just given cheap guard duties until they're herded into battle. The exception are the mounted yeomen who are the veteran peasants and are possibly the most capable soldiers if not the most capable melee combatants.

Also the knights are duty bound to join you in battle where as in the empire a professional army might be solely made up of commoners protecting their lords holdings. Albeit with cannons and handguns.

>why are you still using such low tier units?
Greatswords were 0-1 in 4th edition.
Never got quite past that mentally.
Besides, helbadiers have always been my favourite unit. I just love the idea of of ordinary joes bracing themselves and taking on 7 foot murdervikings.

>there are plebs in this very thread who filter this post

Absolutely shameful

It depends on a vast number of factors.

Do you live in a reasonably sized and well defended town?

How close are you to a dense, large forest?

Do you live by the coast in a position that might be attractive to Norscan raiders?

Is your village on the edge of a Fimir infested bog?

That sort of shit, if you live in an ideal, decently sheltered spot you can likely live your whole life without being threatened by anything "supernatural"

Magic is something that basically everyone has SOME experience of, even if your town or village is so tiny and insignificant that a properly educated and licensed Wizard has NEVER passed through there will almost certainly be a local hedge mage or seer that can do some elementary cantrips or cook up a enchanted poultice, unlicensed use of magic is punished severely but that doesn't mean it isn't widespread.

meant to quote

We Marienburgers only two things:
Getting paid and Getting Laid.

But I guess we can fit in Sigmar too somewhere...

>Getting paid and Getting Laid.
>But I guess we can fit in Sigmar too somewhere...

And you are surprised why Karl knocks at your door with a sizeable army.