BRZ/GT86 used

Despite being around for such a short time why are there so many of these on the used car market? are owners genuinely unsatisfied with their car that they sell it at a huge loss? or were they mostly bought by teenage shitters that couldn't afford it to begin with and so they have to sell it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qb-KLiQUzHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Latter option is huge, idiot I work with (retail) has one and can barely make payments.

Because it looks fast and probably bought it thinking they could win traffic light races.

>I am an autistic neet but ive got it allllll figured out. Check out these unfounded claims XDD

Not everyone is a poorfag who has to keep a car for 10+ years that's why

Their parents get em for them and then the kid dumps it once they realize it isn't a good vehicle

>why are there so many of these on the used car market?

Kouki model fixes all the problems they were having.
A lot of owners want the new one.

>Not everyone is a poorfag who has to keep a car for 10+ years that's why

Most of these cars are like 2-3 years old though... and they are sold private party or small dealer so they aren't lease vehicles.

>they are sold private party or small dealer so they aren't lease vehicles.
That is typically where used cars are sold

If someone planned on driving a car for only 2-3 years before switching leasing would have made much more sense.

>Kouki model fixes all the problems they were having.

yea? like what?

I'm not gonna get into all the details, but generally speaking

The Kouki model of any Japanese sports car STOCK is going to be an overall better car than the Zenki model

I can't think of a single JDM car that breaks this tradition over the course of its model run

>buy $25k car
>sell for $17k
>buy $26k car

Assuming they fully paid off their car and they used the $17k they got for their "zenki" model as down payment, they are still paying around $9k more to upgrade to the newer model.

Why not just keep the old model and spend $9k in modifications? or are you saying the newer model is THAT much better? because I have a hard time believing that.

t. cuck who leases

>So many on market
Been over 3 years since release.
>Lease is 2-3 years
2years back you could only get crashed ones
>tfw I had to wait fucking 3 month for mine to come from Japan.
It's a great car
>Got mine cash buy
No, u can't have mine, go buy a beat up lease that was redlined night and day.

You didn't willingly get one, right?

>are owners genuinely unsatisfied with their car that they sell it at a huge loss?
They're not unsatisfied with the car, they're unsatisfied with the roads they're driving on mostly. For most people, no matter how much they love it, driving 20 minutes to the nice backroads to have fun will get old sooner or later. If you spend 90% of your driving time in the city or on a crowded highway, you'll realize there's better choices in cars. Not because the BRZ/GT86 isn't an actual godmachine, but because most people have no use for a godmachine, they need comfy hatchbacks with easily accessible low end torque.

Guys get married and their fat wife won't stop bitching at them because of "mah keedz".

>it a good car guys
>it dindu nuffin
>it was the roads keeping it down man
>it a good car

>yea? like what?
barely anything, he's bullshiting
The only thing average consumer will feel while test driving it would probably be the bit more torque from the increased final drive.
otherwise there's so little changed that nobody in their right minds would upgrade their couple year old model for the new ones, at least not so many that explains why the market is flooded with zenki's

You didn't actually read his post, did you?

If it's being sold privately just ask them why they're selling it. Easy way to find out.

Yes, and this totally explains why it only happens to this car, not other high-strung tuner cars. Shiit ive had my NA miata nearly 8 years now and still prefer it to every other car I drive, even in the city.

Just so you know, at least half of sellers lie about why they're selling their car.

it *looks* like a nice car

Not getting rid of mine until the paint starts to peel

Given the quality of the paint that might be sooner rather than later, but from what I gather the manual transmission version of this car has just about no reliability issues

3 years are up, housewives/teens who bought a cute little car their cuck husband/dad approved of because it's Japanese and therefore won't cost him much money have run out their lease.

They'll be leasing another one, a Lexus, or the 'ultimate leasing machine' or whatever else.

Same thing is happening to FoST, but you bitches aren't shitting on that, same thing will happen in two years to the latest gen Shitstangs and Cuckmaros.

It isn't yet? Paint on these things is trash.

lol you faggots saved that dyno chart I posted here half a dozen times
>nobody read inside line

Pic related, boxer engines have torque dips even when you pay >$80k for them.

There's a difference between a 120hp/85lbft torque valley from 3.5k - 4.2k rpm on a 2,809lbs car and a 238hp/168lbft torque dip on a 2,955 lbs porche for 3.5k-3.7

It's got some sweet rock chips and an Ark exhaust so it sounds fast. The touch up paint I got doesn't even match so I just cover new ones with clear coat and do some light polishing. Literally my biggest disappointment with the car is the shit paint: my mom's volvo's paint is holding up way better and that bastard is about 15 years old

cause they are slow and gay.

youtube.com/watch?v=qb-KLiQUzHM

>it only happens to this car
>my NA miata

>Yeah, about a $30000 difference.

It is a nice car. It's just not fast in a straight line.

A lot of people sell them because they need a car with 4 doors. Other people modify the cars so much, so fast that they really mess with the overall balance of the car.

That's a nice lip/sidekirt. What are they?

sti

Thanks fampai. Looking at aero mods for mine.

>making it look faster by making it slower
Naisu.

What autistic shit are you going on about now?

That lip kit is like 700 dollars.

And it's 99% for looks. If you want aero mods you would be better off buying the factory under panels that came on EDM and JDM 86s

That fucking window bitch ladder. For what reason?

Considering the demographic its mostly the latter. No one with a brain bought this car thinking it was faster than minivans

Muh astetics

Looks sweet on some cars, arguable here but such things will always be subjective, what matters is that the owner likes it

>Same thing is happening to FoST, but you bitches aren't shitting on that, same thing will happen in two years to the latest gen Shitstangs and Cuckmaros

But thats because these cars are actually fast for what you pay for, unlike the SlowRZ

The focus st and 86 have pretty similar acceleration numbers desu

>Kouki
this is a new term to me

so depending on 2018, that could be a new generation then 2017 will be the Kouki of this generation, but if not, then 2018 will be the new Kouki?

Am I understanding this right?

No.

MY13-MY16 are the zenki version. There are small differences between those years, but they all share the same exterior and engine.

The Kouki version with updated engine, suspension, body, and interior was released for MY17. Most likely the Kouki will be produced from MY17-MY20

Many Japanese cars have 'refreshed' updates like the integra, s2k, RSX

>99% for looks
>posts car with same exact factory kit

shiggery diggery doo

the engine is the same. the intake manifold is slightly different. if I really wanted to I could buy the new manifold and put it on my car for a CARB legal way of getting 5 more torque and horsepower

Do you work with subaruwrxfan?

>we are stuck with the toyota shark front until 2020
well i guess i get to save my money for now.

I have to go 15-20 minutes to get to any road that's halfway decent, and even then they're all super short. The nearest road that's anywhere decent and has any good amount of length is like an hour away. Sucks to suck.

What are you on about? I never implied that the lip kit on the car I posted wasn't for looks. Like you said, it's the same exact kit. Baka

There are several internal changes along with the manifold. The Kouki makes about 10hp more to the wheels than the original.

Zenki 86 is best 86. I'd be surprised if they kept the 86 for another generation...

The color of that car reminds me of that American Psycho scene with the fucking business cards.

It's not bad in person. The interior on those special editions is hideous though.

Orange leather everywhere

Mine's red with black leather and red stitching. Wouldn't want to trade it for any other combination.

>I'd be surprised if they kept the 86 for another generation...
it's still selling pretty well isn't it? I see it every now and then.

How much did you parents pay for it?

This is so close yet so far. The louvres, the wing and spoiler, the gold rims.. no thanks to any of that.

There are so many reasons not to own this car that it's easy to give up.

>expensive for the level of performance
>has to be modified to look and perform decent
>only 2 doors
>useless back seat
>tiny trunk
>everyone is terrified of rwd in the snow belt
>kouki model just released

So people are unloading them in large numbers. I'll eventually sell mine too although by the time I get rid of it, I'll probably be looking at getting a late Kouki model year.

>20 years later a clean one will be sought after like pick related

>i know what i got

>assuming gas cars aren't outlawed on public streets

Funny how literally every single one of these points applies to Porsche 911s aswell, and many other cars a lot of people like.

Many people like the twins too but the people who look at buying a 911 are completely different than the people who buy a twin. The people who buy a 911 can definitely afford a second vehicle but many people buying a twin cannot so when life situation changes, the car has to go.

Regarding performance per dollar, sure a C7 Stingray can keep pace with a 911 Carrera S for half the price, the C7 interior is still terrible in comparison so it's not like that money goes somewhere else. People look at the interiors of modern Econoboxes favourably to the twins...

It's selling decently, but Subaru and Toyota don't seem to be a great terms these days. I could see Subaru making a 2G BRZ, but I think Toyota would rather make the SFR.

I've owned roughly 20 cars so far. I've paid for them all myself. :^)

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of that one either. This one is more of my style