/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Awakenings released: Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, Tamer, Musa, and Maehwa. Two weeks until Ninja and Kunoichi!

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>I heard it's P2W
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!) are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dulfy.net/2016/08/10/black-desert-imperial-trading-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

butts

Is this game more fun than FFXIV? considering giving it a try.

shit I dunno MAYBE it depends on what kind of games oyu like? I guess

I never tried MMOs and fantasy games before and have 1816 hours in it currently. It's just so damn boring now. I've heard this game has no fast travel and also good open world and better graphics.

Search for "guest pass" in the previous thread and try it out for yourself.

PCL8COH-9VDCFE3-2THBPVQ-3JFV9

Here you go friendo

Is the new Sorceress outfit sexy? I'm still downloading patch.

You can find it at the end of the previous thread.

the one on the left is pretty sexy(besides your right hand for some reason?? it looks diseased, wtf korea), your underwear shows through the holes in the costume too

I don't like the one on the right, the sleeves are really stiff and look weird, only the boots are different, but they decided to make it two different outfits

i don't know if it was you that tried to sell the eckett outfit, milfsorc

if it was you thanks for the effort, but i didn't get it ;_;

It is not a disease, but a gift. A boon of untold, endless, possibilities.

I'd be ok without it..

all oiled up and ready to rumble

>26

all the afkers heidel murder my fps, i get 60+ in the heidel arena and that's all that matters to me

I used my last character slot for a sorc but I'm kinda more interested in a musa, what should I do

buy more?

b-but it's too expensive

delete an old character that you don't like

Anyone still has guest pass maybe?

New zone when? I need a reason to reinstall and explore since I sure as hell wont play this game for the gameplay anymore.

somewhere in december we'll get a new continent
and lema island gets a big cool ass asian looking port town

Which is better at grinding or more competitive in pvp; Musa or Maehwa?

Ugliest character.

I'll miss the black spirit minigame

KMM8KNC-9CLT9Q5-5MTDTOP-1SCMB
F1B1QJ4-M5EL5L3-FEHRKV6-HFL70
KNFMCVD-JK81FO7-UG02SV4-5B9U4
7NS70V8-7E27E4O-C23PQST-1EANM

musa for both

So I just got this and installed on a drive that wasn't a SSD thinking it was no big deal.

The 'pop in' is fucking awful, along with me having middle-tier specs. Is installing on C drive just a meme or does it actually help the game run noticeably better?

If so, how would I go about directly moving it? Many people just say copy and paste it over but is there more to it than that or should I just clean reinstall?

>The 'pop in' is fucking awful,
it's awful on an ssd too
if it's a deal breaker for you, quit now because there's no solution

ssd does make the game run much better with horse speed at t6+, but either way it pop in never fixes. Ive never really understood ppl that have such huge problems with it

I mean, it starts happening like literally 3 feet away from my character. Is there any difference moving the game to SSD to be worth it?

The only thing that seems to work is high end mode but then the game runs like shit (24-30 fps at best) because it ups graphics to the highest possible setting.

It's not necessarily a deal breaker and i'll probably get use to it but it's annoying considering how so damn close it is. Are there no fixes other than High end mode and possibly moving to SSD?

No clue cause I only have an ssd and don't really care about popin cause i play on all low and crop+upscale most of the time to not lag in bigger fights

>Is there any difference moving the game to SSD to be worth it?
I've done that and the game loads like 10x faster. Not sure about pop in though

>Game runs like shit
>30 fps
>Shit
I would sell my character to Chinese gold sellers if I could get to play in 30 FPS. I get 18 fps at best at the lowest possible settings + upscale + cropping and god forbid I have to go into Heidel or Calpheon because my game fucking shits itself and goes to 1 fps for like 2 minutes until it can load everything in.

I think you can deal with 30 fps, senpai.

Literally the "but muh starving children in Africa" equivalent of video games

But 30 fps isn't even bad at all. That's pretty average despite what anticonsole posters on /v/ will tell you. If that's the price to pay for no pop ins then that's a pretty cheap price.

30 fps just works

I'm actually kind of regretting picking Maehwa instead of Musa now because the Musa awakening is very reminiscent of Vanguard in DFO which I like a lot. I'm not digging the ice spear thing that Maehwa has but I suppose it will still be quitecool once I get to play it.

if you're under level 58 you can still reroll quite easily

Shoveling is good for money because you can gather a lot of sharp/hard stones right? Is that the only thing you can get from it. Is the rest of the junk just vendor trash or is there something I can do with them?

Rerolling after level 40 seems like a total waste of time to me even if you can level quickly. I guess I'll just suck it up.

Maehwas here that have awakened please tell how it plays

If you've designated a character as a "main" and given them weight increases or other store stuff, then I'd agree with you, otherwise you can make a new character and grind up.

same as every other class, get 220 ap and 1 shot people, be under 200 and never kill anyone

new player here, recently hit 52, wondering if people who are looking for people for their summoners scrolls expect me to share mine aswell. Not like I would, but if I don't have any?

yes, they do.

when someone else summons everyone in the party has a chance to some loot, on top of what the loot bag that the summoner always gets for himself.

Excuse me? Can I have that again?

>autorunning in calpheon
>bunch of fucking protestors blocking the road
What the fuck is going on? Why are there so many NPCs?

What kind of question is this?

Exactly what it sounds like? I was just running around in calpheon and suddenly there were a bunch of fucking NPCs shouting and holding signs. They were blocking the path.

Okay? Yes? Don't autorun there then. You should also pay attention to the story to figure out why there are NPCs there. C'mon. This is stupid. Do you also wonder why there are Elrics at the temple?

I just started like a week ago. Yes, I'm trying to figure out why they are there by asking you guys.

Talk to NPCs, especially quest ones in Calpheon.

What's the point of a story if you don't get invested in it?

You should ask for story details regarding the protestors instead of going "fuck why fucking fuck are there NPCs shitfuck" like a complete moron

7891-F918-FD01-484C-8DD0

>Bunch of PROTESTERS blocking the road
>Why are there so many NPCs here?
Gee, I wonder

I blame [Politician]!

wtf i just spent like 5 minutes killing this thing and it didnt drop anything

has a super low chance to drop best necklace in the game, people that kill them in ~20 seconds spend days not getting them

I'm asking why there are suddenly a bunch of protestors. They were never there before. Or at least I never noticed them.

Tip: You need a rope in order to tame a tamer

they've been there since korean beta

Really? Nevermind I guess I'm retarded because I've never noticed them before.

but i got that

>From what I've heard, everything other than grinding is inefficient and doesn't get you enough money for your time
>Want to trade stuff but it seems like it's not very good at all for cash
>Trading, training, cooking, fishing, hunting, and alchemy are the only actual professions where as gathering and processessing is just all the crafting lumped into two skills instead of them making a real, diverse crafting system
They really went barebones for all the crafting professions, didn't they. So much for "sandbox" when they made grinding the only real thing in the game

I'd say like 90% of the silver in the game gets made by professions. It's something you can do afk so tons of people do it and the people who know how can make upwards of 700m a week.

I do kind of wish there was more traditional gear crafting though.

did they stop giving out the event coins?

Grinding requires active attention, so ofc it gives it the best money.

I spend all day afk in Trent chopping wood for crates and sitting in front of a cooking station making imperial trade goods and I bring in 300-350m a week depending on if I get all my imperial trading in.

If this is the case, then do you need to be at a really high level in the profession to make money worth your time? I'd say time and effort but most things can be done afk like you said which is kind of disappointing.
How exactly does imperial trading work? Do you need to do something specific to be able to unlock it or something? What sets it apart from regular trading?

You make certain types of cooking goods into crates then hand it into a certain vendor. dulfy.net/2016/08/10/black-desert-imperial-trading-guide/

Honestly it's really easy to level life skills now since so few cost energy. Takes you maybe a week or two to level processing or cooking from level 1 to artisan.

no

now upgrade it

why am i not getting any

Do I get to play the game forever for the $5 deal?

Yes

no

you're gonna die eventually user

how long is 50-56

50 to 55 is easy as fuck but it starts getting difficult once you try to get to 56

Log out and back in again.

>Hauling my trade shit
>Need to stop at the Heidel storage to put stuff away
>Autorun my cart there
>Get out and store my shit and get back in
>Need to turn around
>Forgot about the trick to turn your cart when you get in it
>Start turning towards the river because it was the first direction I decided to turn in
>Fucking wide ass turn because wagon
>Horse accidentally steps into the water
>Apparently that ankle deep water was enough to capsize my cart
>Cart explodes and I have to revive it, losing half of my shit
>Heidel has a merchant event right then

o shit

Noice proper armor for valkyries and dat ranger outfit

>2am
>want pizza

uuuhhghhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>2 AM
>Want Taco Bell
uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i'm actually going to taco bell rn
its open 24/7

holla holla

>valkyries
It's a kunoichi

>Papillo armor is everything in one item even though the shoes could easily be their own item

Looks like a tamer and valkyrie to me

so this game is getting the gw2 treatment?

gimme dat black friday deals.

How so?

It's a kunoichi

Damn shame

is it too late to start?

I used a trial thing back on release, my complain was that it seemed people had to min max their route shit to make a ton of money when not playing, and that people progress too much while idling like watching a movie and making horses run to sell them after they level up stuff like that.

Can I just play this like 4 hours a day and ignore the "afk/idling" things and still be viable and have a guild that wants me and all that? Also probably won't spend more than the $9.99 package.

also is there a way to see if an account has characters on it?

Because I remember making two trial things, I just don't remember which one had my most progressed character... And I really liked the ranger I had, so i don't want to reactivate the wrong account.

Do you remember the ranger's name? You could make yourself a new trial account and try friending that ranger and find out the account name through that.