Join the Dinosaur Jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

> Play Demo Day 11 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Play Halloween Jam 2016 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2016

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627 (embed)

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS (embed)

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ (embed)

> Engines
Unity: unity3d.com
UE4: unrealengine.com
Construct 2: scirra.com/construct2
Godot: godotengine.org
Haxe: haxeflixel.com
LÖVE: love2d.org
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/testman42/3D-RTS
youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for nice

Godot > Construct 2

so if im making a side scroller and want the charcter to stay in the center of the screen, do i move the world around him instead.

MARKETING IS AGAINST THE RULES YOU RETARDED CONSTRUCT 2 SHILL

Fifth for penis.

Is the female who offered voice acting here?

Pic related is you

>discussing the youtube show "Extra Credits"
>some cuck speaks up "oh well as a games design student, extra credits was used as a very effective medium to convey core ideas to the process of development"
>mfw these retards are spending money to watch barely 5 minute long youtube videos lacking any depth
no wonder modern devs are so fucking shitty jesus christ

Yes, you move every object while the character remains stationary

probably bait but you just lock the camera to the character

Is the user who offered work on rule34 of my game here?

i don't get it

my shmup engine is finished

someone give me an original idea for a story besides space or anime girls

How do I get other people to help me for free?
I plan to provide this as a template in Godot's asset store, so that other people can use it to build an actual RTS

>he fell for the Godot meme

only useful advice ive ever seen them give is the advice they stole from yesdev.
you're welcome.

What game?

Look at the OP pic.
This guy has been making threads since 2 days ago using Construct 2-related images, added the engine ti the list in the OP and has basically shilled it at every possible occasion.

>jealous poordev thinks his show unknown outside of agdg influenced a popular YouTube series that makes more money making videos than he makes with his games

damn...

Meant for this tard

>using proprietary game engine for simple game
>writing engine from scratch
Literally why?

And even Unreal Engine 4 is almost FOSS. You are two registrations (Epic and Github) away from source code for the whole thing, and pay Epic some shekels only after you made 3k shekels yourself.

It's literally either Godot or UE4, depending on complexity and how shiny graphics you want.

but nobody on agdg even uses construct

there's an irc channel, but the only people there are either beginners (including me) or godot development team
there's also official forum or smth, i don't really use it

We need more stuff for Godot. godspeed user

Exactly. Well there is that guy making that pixel game with the guy killing the slimes and with the sick linghting.

that's hilarious

Post it on github for easy pull requests and bug reports, post it on their subreddit, I'll upboat you.

>high quantity content youtubers would never repackage content from other people! unthinkable!
given theyre not gamedevs im fairly certains thats all they ever do

>github
>not gitgud.io

>implying it isn't on Github already
github.com/testman42/3D-RTS
There, now you have my username and enough info to find out who I am IRL and then send me a box of dragon dildos
>implying reddit account
nah, will go on their IRC and forums and post there.

>/agdg/ has it's own GitLab instance
>uses Mattermost instead of Slack for communication
My inner Stallman is proud of you guys

I know it's a fun meme to hate reddit, but the small subreddits, such as the Godot subreddit, are actually completely fine. Because there's only a few people there it doesn't turn into a circlejerking echo chamber.

Why is it that I've made tons of 2d platformers, but I can never seem to remember what the "correct" ways of programming collision detection and resolution are?

The funny thing is that I'm the guy who's been talking about C2's benefits over GM recently but I'm not the one making new threads.

There's a bunch, including me. There's even a couple agdg games on Steam that were made in C2 (Dreaming Sarah, Aviary Attorney).

It sure is.

Anyone knows a way to get into it? I mean, the modeling and the coloring part.

Yeah, any sub with more than 100k users turns into normie garbage.

If I namefag will people recognize my game more?

>There's a bunch, including me.

>want to make a game where a dinosaur eats people for the jam
>this will not be original and half the games posted will probably be variations on this theme

>implying anyone is making a game like that

user Dino Jam will have 4 games tops, just do your thing.

they will, but it probably won't be a good recognition
you're better off putting in memes in a restrained way

>there are 10(TEN) enginedevs currently polluting agdg

not really. Best way is to create a camera, attach it to the player, then calculate what should be visible inside the camera's viewport.

Also a lot of nodevs like you

And zero games between them all.

>85% say yes
I'm calling bullshit

Your point being? I never said it was more popular than GM or Unity, and really, it's the prevalence of GM and the subsequent recommending of GM to new people that made me speak up in favor of C2 in the first place.

I think that nodevs here are a very vocal minority, they shitpost so much that it feels like 60% of agdg is made up by nodevs.

Yes. I remember rotateman, car game and rotating Loli game solely because rotatedev is a tripfag
>10 engine devs
>11 nodev
>110% of enginedevs are nodevs

Also a lot of enginedevs who think what they're doing is gamedev and believe because there is some programming it makes them yesdev, when they never actually make any games like you

youtube.com/watch?v=Hn-enjcgV1o

The engine question was asked only to people who answered yes to the "are you making a game?" question.

Or you can have a recognizable character. I have one that's a dude in armor and a lion mask and it always got called a furry even though it was a mask. Either way I don't think I was very liked.

>those canned animations

nice dress though

Not really. The majority of posters in agdg are not actively making a game and most have never made one before. People lie to themself and say they're making a game when they haven't opened an IDE for weeks.

Joke's on you, I'm a Unityfag

people who make games are making games, not talking about making games

if someone hasn't released anything i don't consider them a gamedev, no matter how good they appear to be

>People lie to themself and say they're making a game when they haven't opened an IDE for weeks.

Nah. Most people do open their IDE daily.

They just don't actually do any work. They tinker with pointless shit while browsing the internet and watching youtube vids

apparently he's worked with activision and such

Okay engie.

I am using sdl2. I can't find any function to change the x,y location of the top left corner of the window.

I am thinking I have to just do some kind of transformation from world coordinates->center of person cordinates

look at the amount of unique IPs in any given thread

compare that to the amount of games you ever see posted here

you're delusional

majority of people who work at game companies don't make games so that's meaningless.

ok nodevvie

#5435234 attempt at SS13 remake

Next on is the items system

its okay if you do that
I've seen like 4-5 dino concepts posted here including my own and I haven't seen any people nomming

DO IT

He did admit that most are not actually making progress.

Hey im just one man, i will polish it eventually ok? Thanks for the compliment, tho.

Whatever engie lover.

>doing multiplayer only games
dead on arrival, just look at goog's rock paper scissor ripoff game

I'm just being a dumb shitposter user

If someone manages to actually remake SS13 on something other than byond's dogshit then I guaran-damn-tee they will make a mint.

I feel a meltdown approaching...

I'm not stupid. This is the third time I try to remake SS13, I literally gave up on multiplayer. I'll just make the base game (singleplayer) and then dump the code somewhere and hope someone makes it multiplayer

Changed Munk's Attack

[increasingly nervous engie post]

succ

Haaaah

I take this:
back, then.

Goddamn does that dress have physics or is that premade?

>I'll just make the base game (singleplayer) and then dump the code somewhere and hope someone makes it multiplayer

Considering that you generally need to build your game with multiplayer heavily in mind from the get-go, that's quite the pipe dream assuming you get somewhere with this revision.

>majority of people who work at game companies don't make games
Yeah gogem you know all about the corporate structure of professional gamedev.

physics

nvidia apex in ue4

He's about to blow!

you've been in agdg how long and have never made a game?

>you need to work for them to know that the majority of their staff isn't involved in development.
they're called credits and they're filled with advertising and publishing and managers and QA.

Well, since SS13 is grid-based and heavily based on variables, you would only need to change the code to client-host requests based.

If you search "SS13 remake" on google, you'll find dozens of free and commercial attempts at remaking it. At this point, most people feel that they will never be able to remake it, but if I make the base game, then maybe they would at least try to.

"He” is present.

Well that should make something like 3 weeks.
But I had my hand broke until yesterday and since like one week after the start of my project.

But I'm working.

Two years

Almost a hundred projects, no game

4 years enginedev ;_;

2 years.

But it's only been on one game unlike

1 (ONE) year +- few days
end me
what is this

Will someone live in my apartment? The only requirement is that you let me cuddle you and cry on you whenever i need it

3 years started here when i was underage have made zero games but started like 9 projects here :3

Oh no!

6 years. I blame you know who.

>what is this
If you only knew what I know. Beware 'him'.

I can taste your fear engie.