APH CGC HALO OGI ON FIRE!!!

Pretty good week for weed stocks IMO!

I'm making strong 30+% profit this week. Feeeeeeeeels gud. Any happy anons this week?

General weed stock thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/articles/basics/07/getting-started-stocks.asp
eatsleeptrade.net/
b-tv.com/btv-ep-311/
cantechletter.com/2016/10/shoppers-drug-marts-medical-marijuana-move-huge-aphria-says-clarus/
liberal.ca/realchange/marijuana/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Veeky Forums is so quiet lately. don't let this board die ffs!!!

Me. I bought OGI last year at .91, APH at 1.20 and CGC at 2.56. Wish I wasn't a poor fag and was playing with big bucks

Inb4 retards come here saying its a bullshit industry and that we're gonna lose our money.

I'm cashing out, who knows if it'll go higher, but I'm happy with 300% returns

OP is the same guy who posted multiple threads crying and blaming Veeky Forums for his weed stock losses 1-2 months ago.

What's happening with AFI. Do I get out even though I got in at .13 or just leave it and forget about it?

I was talking people off the cliff when they were dipping. But honestly if you got in early this year or last year you've made out like a fucking bandit. I would be leery about getting in now though.

Can be a good time to cash out, re-enter at a later stage when it'll be slower/lower.

Bullshit. I always been the one who told to hold your fucking bags you piece of shit. Don't blame your losses on me. I'm in the few ones who bought early and never worried about it.

I'm seeing some action today but not much lately. I'm holding it, pretty sure it'll burst some day. (fingers crossed)

Still a while to go for canadian legalization, the recent american news is bumping everything up cause people are getting more confident that canada will pull through.

already made >1k since the start of the month, its pretty awesome. people underestimate how badly young canadians want legal weed

@17% gain CGC,MT,ACB

Looking to start investing into weed at the end of november. Should I or shouldn't I?

you should do it sooner rather than later, a month is a lot of gains right now

The trick is to invest when nobody talks about it, when it's a slow news week and price are stagnating. When people starts talking about it again, it's because price are acting crazy good so it's honestly NOT the good time to enter.

Or also before earning reports, any good news like getting a license to grow weed (for the weed sector) or getting big contracts from other big companies.

Never listen to bag holders in here who tell you "buy eth urrr durrr" or to buy when they're talking about selling off in the same thread. Be wise, use YOUR feelings and not user's.

Good job user!

Alright thanks lads, it's just that I'm becoming legal to trade stocks at the end of november.

thanks man, i was postin around before askin u shit (8k to invest)
ive never even seen this kinda gain before and im honestly really surprised at myself for not getting super emotional (happy/sad) abt it

i was mentioning stocks to my friends and they were amazed that i could possibly make >100% gain in a year and kept asking me how much i had invested (all poorish college/uni students), went with "oh only 1k not that much"

oh ok, yeah listen to bob, wait until people start to go quiet, because things will slow down, dont buy in the middle of the hype

>friend tells me to invest in medical marijuana stock saying its going to go up
>buy day before election on his recommendation
>tanks, currently at a 20% loss, thank God I only bought 900 shares
>not sure if hold
Boy I sure am a fucking retard for listening to others like OP.

Can someone recommend me a book for actual and practical investing?

yes hold holy shit, elections are always times of high volatility and usual losses, but correct themselves shortly after

and read investopedia

1k is better than nothing user, I have a few Ks not that much too but with that much profits even investing 1k is becoming pretty profitable :P I'm trying to swing trade it so I can sell when high and re-enter at lower points, making more and more profits so I can invest even more in the long run.

You are also right about not waiting too much though, a few weeks is okay but he shouldn't wait too long either hehehe

You'd be a retard for believing you'd do AMAZING profits in a few days. Stock trading needs knowledge, research and emotionless patience. It's okay to be losing, I'm in the red often but that's just when I buy more so when I'm in the green I do a fuck more ton of profits. Ying/yang you gotta embrace the downfall and learn to fly from the highs.

I'd start with:
investopedia.com/articles/basics/07/getting-started-stocks.asp

I also liked
eatsleeptrade.net/

I told my friends i invested 1k, i actually dropped 8k in

>news headlines one day
>Trump cracks down on legalization
>all canadian pot stocks drop 70% in one day

Prepare your angus

>all weed stocks going high
>THC refuses to follow the trend

I should have stuck to CGC and all these other meme stocks giving good gains

when is the vote for legalization?

urg i put in some more money in CGC
currently 7.4% of my portfolio

I have no idea when I should be selling ive only been holding since like midoctober right before the small panic

As soon as i saw cali prop 64 ahead in the polls i knew weed would explode for at least a year. Problem is ive never bought stock before and im not too sure how to go about doing it. After saving some money i want to start investing for retirement, going to put a small amount in an ira with a broker and play with the rest in the stock market.

Is online trading legit? Who should i start with? I wanted to avoid online trading since i figure it was just a meme but after speaking a bit with one of my asian friends it seems legit

>Just checked APH
>Eminem roaring in my head, we going to the moon boys

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK SERIOUS GUYS:::::::::

Is there any reason for the current +10% ratings on many weed stocks??

Plans for hold, sell or BUY even more?

When is important elections on legislation??

I'd say US elections and California, Nevada & Massachusetts voted to legalize it.

hahaha same here, I just tried to set an alert for 4.5 and when I clicked okay it immediately rang meaning it's already past 4.5 LOL winning!

Also this seems to be good exposure: b-tv.com/btv-ep-311/

don't forget maine very narrowly legalized it too, a 0.4% win

Thank you very much for the input

I'll admit, its a pink sheet.

Should I hang myself now?

>every weed stock on my watchlist is tanking instead of the one i invested in

yikes, they'll recover though, trump has no reason to be against pot, busniess will now be booming with 4 new states legalizing pot and while I am bummed he's my prez now, he knows there's money to be made.

BUY THE DIP

sure he does republicans hate weed because it competes with Tobacco

easy 6000 € in 5 weeks.

>TFW sold CGC at 6.81

If you made a profit then get out of your feelings.

>tfw didn't buy AAPL in '96 at 90 cents

Yeah you're right bro.

But I feel as though I acted emotionally. Originally I was planning on staying the long course to April but I had a change of heart after reading some FUD and considered these comapnies don't make much of a profit I decided i'd rather just cashout than potentially get left holding a speculative stock

Onwards and upwards big fella, get amongst it and good luck with the future.

Thanks my friend.

It's just a risky game it feels, I'm more of an ETF guy

Don't give up. I'd say hold them all, once they start to go all green you'll thank me. Red is nothing to be worried about. Just make sure any of them don't go bankrupt, google them once in a while to know what's up with them but don't despair user.

You made a profit which is great. Just re-enter when things settle down a little, on a slower day at a lower price. They'll end up going downward anyway, it's how it works.

>Just re-enter when things settle down a little, on a slower day at a lower price. They'll end up going downward anyway, it's how it works.

But that's the thing.

i don't have much faith in this as a long-term thing. It's a pretty risky gamble and literally anything could happen, we're just speculating on companies that don't turn a profit. If I'm out I'm out for good.

Still holding some APH, though.

you don't know what you're talking about and I implore you to do your homework

hey man im exactly on the same boat as you. As a broke ass 22 year old I only dropped 1k in the industry back in late jan.
OGI at .71
APH at 1.05
and CGC at 2.52

All the haters thought it was a waste of 1000$
And all the people jumping in now are morons. The evidence was right in front of your face for all this time and now you'll have to settle for 60% gains rather than 400-500% gains.

IF ANYONE MENTIONS AFI IN A POT STOCKS THREAD IM GONNA LOSE MY SHIT

AFI has nothing to do with pot. They grow spinach and tomatoes. AFI reminds me when all you morons jumped on the AGS train and lost a bunch of money on a "pot stock"

The day when AFI gets their weed growing license is the day when AFI will become a pot stock. Still many years to go before they are. Its such a shady company anyway and something like 60% of it is privately owned by con artists.

Even though AFI isnt worth shit, imma buy some more shares when they hit 5 cents where it belongs. The next pump and dump is gonna happen eventually when some more shady news come out

Except AGS is a pot stock. They just signed an LOI to aquire a huge MJ greenhouse in Florida where it just became legal and another one in Rhode Island where it'll be legalized after new years.

I bought 10000 shares at .27 and made 2K in 3 days.

Guys CGC is gonna release a quarterly financial report on November 14th, this coming monday. Should we sell?

jesus christ, ive made 22%gains since the start of the month. how is this fair that i can just make 2k and not have to pay any taxes on it???

remember to buy WAVES

it will either drop or go higher depending on what the majority thinks of it, hard to know really

im just going to keep holding

Are you holding in a TFSA?
If you have a background in finance, have held/is holding a job in finance, make a lot of trades, use exotic shit like options or have way too much wins in your TFSA, the CRA can at its discretion start taxing you business income instead of capital gains and they might even go after your TFSA too. It has happened with people who made a million in their TFSA or just people who trade too much while being NEET.

meant to quote

yes tfsa
and no im 20 right now, first year of accounting at college. thats fucked though, guess they didnt expect people to make that much i guess?

>all marijuana stocks are up this month
>except THC and AFI (AFI isn't a cannabis company, but is getting into market with its cultivation systems)

I guess I'm feeling pretty good. I'm going to accumulate more APH, OGI, CGC, and also load up on some ACB today.

Should I pick up PUF, MJN, and MT, too?

APH,MT,CGC here

you just need to hope and pray that you choose the company that health canada wants to work with to supply the major chains (ie. shoppers drug mart)

That happened in literally a few cases where people were making multiple trades per day using their tfsa accounts.

If you buy say APH, wait a month, then sell, noone is gonna come after your gains.

Just sold my CGC and OGI, holding my APH for another month.

Bought in at 2.56 CGC and .91 OGI btw. Might buy back in later. Thinking we'll see a dip in weed stocks in the next few weeks as investors try to reposition.

btw canadafags what live quote services and stock screeners do you guys use? I'd rather not use my broker as much because I'm starting to get paranoid about the CRA. It seems everything I find is very delayed or I can't get good bid ask info.

>he sold CGC

Kek

Td roker actually seems to be fairly reliable
>paranoid about CRA
how much money do you have?

I barely made anything trading, but I don't like the idea of being logged on for the entire day. Just a few weeks ago I had to update my employer info and tell them I was NEET. I do hold 400ish k in total though

CGC is badly managed. I wouldn't be surprised if APH bought them out at some point

Why is it badly managed? Just curious.

That's kind of my worry too, I'm a contractual software developer but I've been more of a loner stock trader for the past year. I fear someone questions why I have so much money. What a fucking society we live in when we fear to have too much because of the gov's.
Hope my tax return won't be a fucking mess to fill this year lol

urg i should have sold CGC when it was peaking near 9.90 before noon.

Join the club. I should've sold AGS at .50 instead of getting greedy and it dropping like a rock.

Can anyone answer this? Is online trading a meme?
New to stocks, only previous experience is runescape...

dw user itll probably rise up again, remember these stocks are more buy and hold until legalization

they're meme'd atm
OMG BUY BCUZ CALI LEGALIZED
Literally no effect on Canadian companies. They can't and won't be able to sell there.

Interesting little tidbit of info regarding APH

cantechletter.com/2016/10/shoppers-drug-marts-medical-marijuana-move-huge-aphria-says-clarus/

holding aph, and thc biomed

hopefully THC recovers

yeah exactly what i was saying here

The pot stocks you want to get in now are the obes with relatively low floats and/or very good research teams NMUS and OWCP are examples of this. A few growers will do well, TRTC perhaps, but most growers wont-when its legal to grow why not grow on your own? Look into companies that lease land for growers as well. But pot research and pot related products like skin cream and medicine are the way to go here. Some GIANTS are going to come out of this.

The acronym for successful licensed producers is COMAA

Canopy, Organigram, Mettrum, Aurora and Aphria. I'd also add Pharmacann, because they have a license as well. there are no others that have licenses currently. You cannot go wrong with any of these companies. The last two weeks, it seems Aurora has gained the least and is due to catch up. Like I said though, you cannot go wrong, pick any one of these companies and hold into further definitive news.

^I mean as far as Canadian companies go. I am just going to hold my Canadian stocks and start researching some American marijuana companies. It's a bit trickier in the states, but I am sure there is some cash to be made. The only shitty thing is that I am Canadian myself, and can only avoid taxes by investing Canadian in my TFSA...

one of the anons on here earlier was saying that metrum and aurora are basically sister companys

hi guys im looknig to get in on these weedbucks. which companies should i be looking into? i see canopy growth is a big one

What did a nonsense support his claim with?

when he bought medical stuff from mettrum, it had auroras logo/branding on it aswell, something along those lines

Don't listen to fuck wit 'friends' or the internet; analyse earnings, determine an intrinsic value, and follow regulation and deregulation.

liberal.ca/realchange/marijuana/

wrong

in Canada atleast. According to the politicians they want to legalize it but keep it out of minors hands. So they will have a few dispensaries selling it to places like shoppers drug mart and they will then sell it to customers

other than people who need to it medicinally you will not be able to grow it yourself.

Since there's only 6 licensed companies, just pick the ones you like. Aurora is voting to expand to a 600,000+SQFT grow house from their current 55,000 SQFT growhouse on Nov 27. I'm sure the town will be okay with it, since they allowed them to start up in the first place. I dont know of any potential bigger news. Canopy is developing deals with Real Estate companies to expand as well. For these reasons I am in 75% Aurora and 25% Canopy. I am betting on companies with current plans to expand, but still investing a bit more in the "underdog" Aurora, hoping to make some more immediate gains. I'm sure at some point all the companies will try to expand though, but they might get my money later on.

yup that was me. I had jury duty in montreal on oct 24th and it was hours and hours of wait and I started chatting about "medical" marijuana with the dude next to me and how I made a killing off those stocks and this dude behind me pulled out his prescription papers saying he buys off Aurora but all the papers say Mettrum on them and then in the fineprints it said something about Aurora. I only read them because he was telling me how they are sister companies and I didn't believe him at first

OGI still never disclosed their land and their land expanded A LOT a few months ago. Word is that they have access to millions of sqft to grow dope

>AGS
Last time I checked they were only in the LED business for grow ops and have no weed growing license

And run by a scammer ceo

Makes me think ags is just a pump & dump.

man i hate the weekends

After 10 years i'm stopping my investments

AFI is on the same boat. But I profited a lot from holding AFI for 48 hours during the last pump & dump

>gains
I keep thinking of this. Thanks fags.

>Tfw bought afi at 0.17

I'd suggest you hold till the next pump and dump when you hit profit. There will for sure be another scam announcement and all the dumbasses are gonna jump on it again

Is ags also a scam?

It hopped to .49 literally over two days. 50%+ increase in two days then major fall

CGC released 2nd quarter financial result today, not sure if i should buy more at opening

well it just jumped from 9.33 to 9.88 over the weekend, so your choice

urg should have been patient today....
i bought more CGC at 9.88 and APH at 4.87

yeah always be skeptical when it makes big gaps like that, cause there will be people wanting to get out and sell right at that time

Can anyone redpill me on AMMJ? I bought the recent dip. Dunno if i shoukd hold long until they actually make some business or sell for the small gainz..

>tfw sold cgc at 6.81 and never bought back on

JUST