I have an 05 ranger

I have an 05 ranger
I took out the fuel pump fuse to relieve pressure so I could replace the filter. Put the fuse back and now the engine won't start. Check engine light is now on. Please help, I have to go to work tonight so I need the truck to start. Thanks in advance

Is it cranking?

Yes cranks but won't start.
Battery is fine, and I just replaced the spark plugs last week

Did you try a new fuse? Did you get a mechanical fuel pump instead of a mechanical one or vice versa? Did you put the old one back on to check if it works?

Try putting a little bit of gas down the plug holes. We're not talking much gas here, just some drops down each.

Even better; start gas into the air intake

Any idea if the fuel pump has a primer on it?

Wut?

Did you put it back correctly? The fuel pump is not delivering fuel it seems.

I literally only removed the fuse. I couldn't get the fuel lines off the filter, so I was going to postpone the filter replacement. Didn't touch fuel pump at all, just its fuse. I don't have any starter fluid to spray in there, but I someone coming by in about an hour or so. Hopefully I get it fixed, but I'll stick around here until then

> check engine light is on
can you tell what codes it's throwing?

Here is a shot in the dark; disconnect your battery, turn on the lights to remove any energy left in the lines, wait a minute and then hook the battery up again

Sorry I have no idea whether it has a primer

I wish, but I don't have a scanner
I'll try that real quick

Well that didn't work, but I guess that's not too surprising

Hm... can you find an image of your fuel pump?

should be this

Does the fuel pump turn on when you turn to key to the on position?

Actually the other night when I got out of work, the truck did the same thing, but it started after a few tries. Next day I replaced the spark plugs and haven't had any issue yet, until now. Really hope my fuel pump isn't fugged

Tank mounted... hrm

Well, I suppose you could try the starter gas/gas in plug hole thing?

Have you tested the fuse to make sure its good?

It did at first, but then it stopped

I might try the starter thing later when that guy shows up
The wire inside the fuse seems to not be broken. I don't know how else to test it

Reset your inertia switch (kills fuel pump in an accident)

Should be in the same spot.

Turn the key on for 2 seconds then off a few times. This should build up fuel pressure so it starts. Same thing you do when you run out of gas.

... you pulled your fuel pump to change a fuel filter?
Wtf is this?

Someone isn't good at reading comprehension.

Maybe a dumb thing to say but did the fuse spark when you put it back in?

Had it happen on an old shitbox a couple of times during internship.

My friend has this issue sometimes in his B3. Try turning on the A/C to max, starting it, then switching it back off and start it again.

Best of luck, OP.

that was the first thing I tried
tried this too
nah it didn't

had a friend come by, and we got a new fuse (which turned out to be too small) so we used the same old fuse, sprayed brake cleaner in the intake and it fired up after a few tries. I have no idea why it wasn't sending fuel in the first place, but after it fired up, it stayed running and seems to be fine now. Hope it stays that way. Thanks guys