>sports car
Nice try, road and track.
How much did Honda pay you?

Lighter than the GTR

>4k lb
>only 575 hp
>shit performance on the skidpad
>shit performance on the track
>costs 3 times as much as the grand sport or gt-350r, twice as much as the gt-r, idk how the prices for the rest stack up but its p expensive desu
>can't even hit 200mph
>even has shit braking performance

to top it off, it understeers. it doesn't even get good mpg, and every other publication says it feels like garbage to drive.

seriously, how much is R&T shilling for honda?

Terrible.

In what world does it cost twice at much as a GTR?

Disgrace to the NSX name, it has NOTHING in common with the original aside from name. One was purpose built to be a driver's car with perfect handling and Honda quality, the other was purpose built to be a hybrid tech demo and just wound up being the slowest hybrid supercar money can buy.

The GTR has never been a sports car.

He was probably comparing the NSX to the non nismo GT-R. Motortrend did a head to head between those two trims.

base gtr starts at 105 new
base nsx is 180
so not exactly double but still close

Base NSX is $155k

A Supercar is a kind of sports car

Nope supercars are a class of its own

shrug, sure, but the gtr is just as bad desu, and youre picking out a part of the argument that doesn't matter

a used 2013 gtr can be had for 70k usd, and parts aren't 'cheap' but they arent as bad as some other supercars.

for the same price as an nsx you could buy a babied 458, an R8, etc. for just a bit more than the price of an optioned one (and, holy shit, 50k in options on the R&T car? no one is going to be buying a base NSX with optioning like that...), you could almost stretch to a new 488 or huracan.

the fact of the matter is that it performs like shit and has no redeeming qualities

You don't make the rules

>wikipedia
You think that made you look smart right?

>comparing new V s used

And you didn't even read the article, the R8 couldn't shake the NSX

>A Supercar is a kind of sports car
GTR isn't a supercar.
It's a GT car

>hot hatch
>sports car
Lmao at this kid citing jewpedia as credible proof

Better than making shit up and passing it off as fact

Don't be stupid, user

ass mad

It's a GT car, always has been. It's just a fast one. Wikipedia is written by people like you (idiots) and occasionally edited by people with an IQ higher than their shoe size.

>enter Super GT
>get btfo
>replace hybrid engine with DTM-spec twin-turbo inline4
>share the same specs as the GT-R and RCF
>get btfo even worse
>hasn't won any race in 3 years

>old NSX was able to keep up with the then newer GT-R and SC430
Shamefur dispray

So sorry but wikipedia is not a source of info. Thats like taking info from some fanmade blog. You have to be 18+ to post here kid

Lot no, a GTR sucks ass for long distance highway driving
But it wouldn't surprise me if you've never drive n one

>SC430
>one of the worst cars ever made

Not much of an accomplishment

But fastest laps is, right?

i didnt say the r8 was faster
all i said was that you could have one over the nsx for about the same cost, and have a car that sounds better and feels better to drive. not to mention 'two journalists in cars on some kentucky backroads' isnt exactly a scientific test. ive driven those exact roads before, i live in the area, and they arent very conducive to proper testing of anything. in fact, ncm motorsports park (the track they tested on) is the track i go to almost every other weekend. including this friday.

also
>comparing new vs used
the gtr hasn't changed significantly since the transmission refresh after 2012. if we're strictly comparing new cars, there are still better options than the stupidly overpriced gtr

you keep pointing out and arguing points that don't matter at all. i don't get it. if you care about bang for buck, you should buy the grand sport. if you care about going absolutely fastest on a track, you should get a snek acr, if you want a dd supercar, the gtr or porsche are better. if you care about flair, you should get an italian supercar or at least something that sounds good and looks striking.

Thought it was too little too late. When did it get good?

>good dd super car
>not listing the r8

Seriously, it's better at all the mundane things than the gtr for sure, and it's cheaper than an nsx. The only thing it doesn't have is a trunk big enough for golf clubs.

i thought i typed the r8, but i think i accidentally backspaced it when i added the porsche when i thought about it

my cousin owns a pre-facelift v10 with the manual. great car, although i only got to take it out for about a half hour and didnt push it. theres another 2 or so of them around as well.

user a supercar at that price range is an emotional purchase
Do you think someone who can afford these cars gives a shit about cost?

And how would you know the R8 is better to drive? Testers already say the NSX replicates analogue feedback almost perfectly

Always I guess, but the internet has a hate boner for it
Because keyboard warriors have driven them all and their opinions matter because they all have the cash to buy these cars

Just wait until Clarkson tests it, then the kiddies will defend it like the LFA

ive driven an r8 desu
i admit i havent driven an nsx

also, youre retarded if you dont think people who buy these cars dont care about cost or evaluate them. sure there are oil money billionaire kids who just buy whatever they feel like, but there are also six-/low seven-figure doctors/engineers who save to buy these cars, same as any other expensive thing desu.

besides, if buying a supercar was purely an emotional purchase, do you really think a rich kid/billionaire/doctor is going to say 'you know, i dont want a lamborghini or a ferrari or a corvette or a BIG LOUD SHOUTY ENGINE, i want a $200k honda/acura'

Yes.

ok, we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

That's the mature thing to do, but this is Veeky Forums So I have to call you a faggot

Faggot

youre cute user

>Bitcing about Honda defying 'his' interpretation of the original NSX.
>Says the new car is too much like a 'tech demo'.
>Some would say some of it is experimental.

I forget, what does the X in NSX stand for again? :^)

Lol

>make pigfat "supercar"
>get BTFO by a Ford Mustang

What has happened to the Japanese car industry? The GT-R, NSX, and even LFA are so disappointing.

>lfa
>disappointing

you take that back right now

I just can't get down with a car looking that basic and costing $400k.

muh laptimes

Yeah, it's crazy to want a 400k supercar to be able to outperform a 70k pony car.

No average buyer would ever be able to hit those laptimes, retard