>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png

previously on DEAD:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/5eka34/food_for_thought_maybe/
ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=420kphripstart&show=weapons
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for boltshitters and a2g cancer killed this game

Meh, the only things I do when playing VS is Orion HA and auto-scout Inf. I love the SAS-R too much to bother sniping on other factions.

I always feel that the low RoF is NC's biggest problem. Sure, TR and VS guns are more accurate, but NC weapons aren't all that inaccurate if this isn't your first time playing vidya. The problem is that everyone else puts twice the amount of bullets in your face as you put in theirs (granted, partly due to their improved accuracy).
But in any 1v1 situation, you often lose, simply because they all have bullet hoses.

I already liked the EM1 and I didn't expect it to be buffed. The EM6 is great too, just a little bit more unwieldy. EM1 will be even more satisfying to use now though.

The main thing to remember about Planetside in general, and NC especially, is that every gun is very situational. You can't use one gun for everything.

>sunset(small).webm

I want to see big sunset ;_;

>You can't use one gun for everything.

I do, quite successfully

aim better

Good night!

Get hiroshima nagasaki to increase the upload limit to 8mb's

Why is all the TR stuff so under powered? Also why does the Ripper sound like a galaxy taking off compared to the non-existent noise of the the VS variant,

>You can't use one gun for everything.
Betelgeuse and medkits, plus knowing how to jump on top of things.

Obviates the need for light assaults, engineers, and medics. Accurate enough at 50m to even do some sniping with it - helped a lot by the heat mechanic.

MUH JUICE

TR spent all the budget enslaving people so all they can afford are peashooters.

>Shit out a little base near VS frontlines
>One turret of each flavour
>Two AI
>Two repair
>Pillbox
>Walls
>HIVE

That's it, nothing fancy.

After a while an AMS rolls up and deploys where my turrets can't get it.
They pop my ANT and then begin assaulting the base itself, while I hop in the AV turret because the AI modules were doing absolutely fuck all.

I killed them all one after the other with AV turret shells, then maxes came and they died too. Eventually they fucked off and a light drizzle of INFs attempted to take the base down, they failed too.

I'm not blowing my own horn here, I'm saying bases can be too fucking powerful, I just held off a whole squad of purple nurples on my fucking own, none of them destroyed ANYTHING except my ANT thanks to the repair nipples.

Nerf repair modules, Fix AI modules

tfw when niggers get insecure about their KD's and act tough shit when it's above 2.

or maybe l2webm y fixing conglomoloid

Also nerf some locations where bases can be built. When they go under bridges and you can't get in it's just no fun allowed.

200 damage / 500 rof would be okay if the gun were basically a laser.

But throw in the awful bloom, low RoF with that bloom making leading into targets more guesswork and less reliable (you can't afford to miss those 4 bullets in your burst leading to a target), and relatively large moving CoF that accompanies these weapons (like the gauss saw where you are forced to be sniper bait while also making yourself an easy headshot target for good players) and it ruins them.

The long-range oriented LMG's:
Gauss Saw: 1667 DPS
SVA-88: 1664 DPS
TMG-50: 1606 DPS

When you take into account the average player accuracy and headshot ratios, you get:
Gauss Saw: 360 DPS
SVA-88: 437 DPS
TMG-50: 377 DPS

When you take into account the top 2% player accuracy and headshot ratios, you get:
Gauss Saw: 610 DPS
SVA-88: 699 DPS
TMG-50: 626 DPS

Which kind of blows that whole "the gauss saw is good in the hands of good players!" argument. Maybe if you're using an aimbot to get 3 headshot kills all day. In actual practice people are doing better with the other faction long-range LMG's.

Then consider the fact that firing at people past 50m is mostly pointless and 90% of infantry vs infantry kills take place within 30m, AND the CQC LMG's are still extremely effective and competitive out to 50-75m ANYWAYS:

Gauss Saw avg: 360 DPS
Carv avg: 370 DPS
Orion avg: 408 DPS

Gauss Saw top2%: 610 DPS
Carv top2%: 622 DPS
Orion top2%: 673 DPS

Amongst the LMG's, the Gauss Saw sits right around last place in DPS, for BOTH the avg and the top players. Trash this nonsense about it being good in the hands of good players - good players do better with almost literally any other LMG.

What would further help flesh this out is getting information on DPS at given ranges. The long range LMG's should have a distinct DPS advantage past 30m vs the CQC LMG's, and given personal experience that does not actually seem to be the case. At best they're roughly equivalent. Which they really shouldn't be.

Veeky Forums doesn't even accept vp9 encoding, so you get even shittier quality than what webm's can normally do.

And no sound, because moot's a moron.

moot hasn't been running the show for a few years now my man, you need to ask new moot if you want changes

>t. someone who happily takes it up the ass from Mook each and every day

Enjoy your pass, sheep.

It's been less than a year, newfag

>poor virgins getting baited
worth it

>newfag getting counterbaited by virgins

There's only one problem with all this theorycrafting: it is only relevant if you're a shitter. A competent player will never whine about such or such gun being OP/UP because it's 5-10% better/worse statistically, because they know full well that they can still wreck people with a bad gun, and that they can wreck people who are using a good gun.
tldr aim better

>Continually getting baited this hard

Pathetic

sorry you have to type captchas and i can respond freely

>Typing captchas

You know you can get around them for free, right?
Only a fucking Luddite would need to pay to avoid them.

lol

you've probably spent less than $5000 on planetside2 as well right?

No.

Problem exists within the average players - a 10% difference starts hurting severely when you look at aggregates. Look at what a pop differential of 5-10% does in a fight, especially a 96/96 fight.

These small differences add up big time when you stop thinking about only your personal ability and start thinking about an entire faction as a whole.

You're literally just saying "good players are good with it - in fact good players can be good with any weapons - therefore balance doesn't matter".

Did you go to bed early tonight? Sleep tight little memer!

do 96/96 fights even happen anywhere anymore? moreover, who actually plays in those? is that where the bots gravitate?

Is there even $5000 worth of stuff to buy in this game?

Bounties and Implants xD

>You're literally just saying "good players are good with it - in fact good players can be good with any weapons - therefore balance doesn't matter".
yup, that's exactly what I'm saying
balance would matter if there was an objective, but there aren't any worth caring about

thing is, stats like those you posted get posted every few days; instead of complaining on a malaysian mandala mailing list, you should try to get good

Might aswell not play videogames with that attitude.

lol bounties are worth certs and they're getting rid of energy for implants

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WASTED SO MANY FUCKING CERTS ON THOSE STUPID PACKS

Don't worry senpai when the re work of Implants comes you will get a 1 cert re fund for every implant and charger you currently have. ;)

Skinwalkers among us
m.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/5eka34/food_for_thought_maybe/
Maybe its good that ledditors are keeping our ded thred alive

This. TR needs a huge buff update.

Did Wrel save the game yet?

Nope.

Anyone play the game with this baby yet? I will be moving soon and will be probably be playing more games in the living room so I was wondering if any anons have any experience playing Planetside 2 in particular.

lol

The only thing SAW and 200 damage weapon need is a lower cof bloom, 0.06 would be great.
If shiTRs can whine and get cof bloom buff for Lynx, a fucking cqc gun with no
recoil and 0.25 moving cof then so can we

I did, also good morning memer :3

/r/ing that picture of higby at that one event looking as though he was shotgunning a bottle of beer and the camera was slightly out of focus

What happened to the optimization in this game? I used to get 120FPS and my friend would get 90FPS

now I've upgraded my GPU and I'm struggling to clear 60FPS with the same processor as before while my friend is averaging 22FPS in biolabs, seriously wtf happened?

werl saved the game :-)

glad I gave up on it, and performance was awful for me back then despite exceeding the specs

I think that just for one day nobody should play any faction but Vanu. Just everyone be Vanu.
So then hopefully Sony or Daybreak or whatever fuck they're called understands how much of a fucking awful decision it was to add a faction that prides itself on being better and then never nerf them under any fucking circumstances. Fucking HORSESHIT.
I'm done with this, I'm fucking done with this game.
I'm tired, every night, EVERY FUCKING NIGHT, EVERY FUCKING DAY the same bullshit. I'm done.
It's ridiculous. And you know what? Vanu will always say "oh it's because you are bad".
BULL FUCKING SHIT. When I play Vanu I do substantially better, SUBSTANTIALLY! It does no comparison.
I think all heavy assaults should be given the same fucking guns, equalized - all stats everything.
Make them carbon fucking copies .
That way I will never have to say "oh Vanu heavy assault is better".

:^)

If you hear bullshit about Connery losing because of ping/leadership/PPA/Vs weapons. Don't believe it.

Connery lost because its players got stomped. I can count on a single hand the number of times I saw a NC that wasn't in the solx/BAID/FCRW win a gunfight. Bases got capped with 40% VS pop, and failed to be saved with 60% NC pop. I personally was teamkilled 20 times. GG cobalt, I am sure there will be drama and butthurt over this. Don't believe it, the majority of Conney's players got fucked. To those in the QRF, we did our best, but we can't carry hard enough. As a final note, this doesn't apply to our jap AIR platoon, I have no idea how they did. The highlight of the entire evening was watching a single infil wipe a squad of NC, I made the mistake of not shooting through the friendlies, though of course, they had none of those qualms about myself.

mad because bad.

>not recognising decades old pasta
kys yourself

What is that

All I want is good EWAR.

:^(

I'd recommend a keres desu

Stop making me miss Eve & Dust.

Here you go

thinking about higby is weird, like it's just yesterday it was years ago and we were watching him shit on console players on stage and talk shit on command center

every day i wake up and am sad i will never be so aesthetic and handsome

Even now I can hear their voices although it grows dimmer and my memory grows worse by the day

Where did it all go so wronk

Does his jersey say...Kings?

WE

Such great times. The game was alive, it had spirit, it had personalities, we had fun, we interacted.

I even kinda miss Tray a little sometimes.

Rum & Cola had top tier banter.

>tfw Emerald and never played with Higby on Coonery

>lie down
>try not to cry
>cry a lot

what has even happened this year in the way of notable planetmans events ?

shut the fuck up bazinga

WUZ

Your hypotheticals are literally worthless, buddy

ps2.fisu.pw/player/?name=420kphripstart&show=weapons literally ez mode and that's not even challenging myself to play aggressively.

>doesn't understand what the word statistic means

will this game never die

>those piss poor numbers
like a true conglo

tfw I never got one of those decals.

post your stats then bigboy

every time i post them, gus gets mad and deletes my posts, and then gets me banned

literal cuck-tier

>dogshit accuracy
>padded at all cost HSR with ridiculously high as SPK

Dogshit/10. Aim Better.

You're not wrong about the accuracy, but post your fucking stats cuck.

Why? I beat meme players like you with my monitor turned off. You are nothing to me but free certs.

And that's all hot air with nothing to back it up. If you actually are good then I'll give credit where it's due, but so far you're just talking big.

The Crown. 10min. NS11A

>Cobad player
>1am
>Populations have tanked
>Lucky to have a single hot-spot on any cont
>HAHA TIME FOR ANT
>ANTing around on amerish
>After a while come to recognize the names of the other ANTs competing for my crystals
>Honk in a friendly manner whenever we meet
>A while later someone sends an invite
>A small squad of ANTs gradually forms
>We control every cortium node in the south
>Build a giant base with multiple of everything and a single well guarded entrance
>Every now and then we head out in our ANTs, looking for more precious fuel

It was comfy like Euro Truck Sim, especially in the dark, tootling around amerish collecting and delivering goods, sending messages like "Silo 2 full, cycle" etc.

Good fun.

I don't remember who you nerds were but if you're reading this lets do it again some time.

Speaking of ANTs, anyone else noticed this behavior out in the wild? ;

If you're an NC ANT:
>Meet TR ANT
>He doesn't automatically fire on me
>We keep a wary but respectful distance

>Meet VS ANT
>He will 100% of the time open fire with any weapon he has the moment he spots me

If you're a TR ANT:
>Meet NC ANT
>50/50 chance they will open fire immediately

>Meet VS ANT
>>He will 100% of the time open fire with any weapon he has the moment he spots me

If you're a VS ANT:
>Meet TR ANT
>Opens fire immediately

>Meet NC ANT
>Opens fire immediately

I've even seen TR libs defending my NC bases against VS attack, i've NEVER been on the friendly side of that on my VS character.

kys space faggot

Server lag fix when?

lol

thank you werl :-------D

Undead game when?

lol

Construction didn't save the game but it did make the low-pop game C-O-M-F-Y.

Speeding across amerish in the dark, just the sound of the radio chatter to keep you company.
Mud-hopping around hossin looking for a fresh node.

It's good shit.

Do you need to spend many certs to make it comfy and stave off ESF bullies?

t. wanter of something to absentmindedly do while listening to music

STOP FUCKING lol POSTING YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

lmao

You'll want to buy a Walker but other than that no real worries.

A stock poverty ANT could probably make enough certs to buy a Walker outright in a couple hours, just dicking around late at night, with this double-XP thing.

SERVERS ARE GOING OFFLINE FOR MAINTENANCE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCJKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FUCKING LOG ON JESUS HIGBY FUCKNIG CHRIST I HATE THIS FUCKINGAWOSODMERTGMOAETNOA£T HNQ£$%

Blizzard is making a mmofps. How does it feel that planetside was just a test run to observe for them, an example of all the problems that can arise in the making a mmofps and how things can go horrifyingly wrong if you do what SOE and dbg did?