Tyre choice

I want to maximize cornering speed on the backroads. We get quite a bit of rain, so I'd like to have the jack of all trades between dry and wet performance.

Why shouldn't I get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport?

PSS suck, they get chewed up on the shoulder before the tread life is over, they don't perform that well, too much of a jack of all trades master of none that isn't particularly good in one department for how expensive they are. The Conti Extreme Contact DWs are way better imo for a tire like that.

this, the higher end contis are god tier at handling rain

>rain

Continental DWs

not even memeing, they are that good

>Continental DWs
Not sold in my country. I couldn't make this up if I wanted to...
Has anyone ever imported tyres?

advan sport v105s

You might be disappointed in their wet performance. It depends how you look at things, and what you compare them too.
Heartbreaker seems to be comparing them to a different class of tyre because he's retarded like that/

Pirelli's suck. Wire showing after 7k. Put on Pilot super sports.

The PSS and ExtremeContact DW are in the exact same class. You've never driven on either and have no idea what you are talking about, so why weigh in?

>You might be disappointed in their wet performance.
I'm not looking for a dedicated wet tire, but it cannot be a tire that needs high operating temperatures or won't work in the wet at all. I have a friend with R888s on his RX-8, he can barely keep it straight on bad, wet roads.

That sounds like an alignment problem, not a Michelin problem.

But I agree that from what I've heard the Contis are better in the rain than the pss, and the pss are better in the dry, and that's probably what OP wants.

Look at tirerack reviews.

I imported Continental DWS to Australia from Tirerack, they're great in the wet.

Shipping was $400USD though

Fitted these damn Michelins last year and long story short my wife cheated on me and I went bankrupt. Never again.
I'll stick to Vredesteins in future, thanks.

Couple years back my wife said I have to choose, her or the car, that's why I can spend whatever I want on tires now.

Nah, I've seen it over and over on cars with .05 toe, and the same exact car with a DW will wear just fine. The PSS might be more confidence inspiring but I'd be surprised if they were much slower if at all than the DWs. If dry traction is the main concern I wouldn't waste time on any tire in this segment, just get a 200TW tire, many of them are fine in the rain.

Why can't you fucking faggots just drive slower in the rain? Jesus Christ

because its not that slippery. get gud

>not that slippery
>shitlordes always asking about compromising dry performance so they can haul ass in the rain

It's raining you fucking dunce, slow the fuck down. Not only is it more slippery there is compromised vision and you are surrounded by people who drive retarded in bad weather. Just fucking slow down a little bit.

If it's just rain and not snow or ice, it's summer tires are what you want. Get something that doesn't require a lot of heat like R-S3s do. Toyo RA1 and R1R, Dunlop Z2SS, and Maxxis VR-1 are all great choices.

Why not slow down and have better grip at the same time?

Pilot super sports are pretty much the best tire on the market for street use. They will cost you more too, though.

keeping your tyres hot increases grip :^)

>Potenza RE003 come in my ideal size (215/40-17)
>Firehawk Indy 500's are just rebranded 003's for North American market
>doesn't come in this size for some reason

Fugg

>shitlordes always asking about compromising dry performance so they can haul ass in the rain
Having grip in all conditions you might encounter is by far the most important safety feature of a car. If we all drive slow enough you can remove seatbelts and airbags aswell...

Any word on Potenza S-04's? Literally zero input from FiST community

bfg gforce sport comp 2

I've been satisfied with the wet performance of my Nitto 555's, they're not bad in the dry either.

Pirelli suck?
Sorry, but you are a massive idiot.