What is the point of being into cars if you don't have lots of money? It seems like a monied hobby like golf or boating

what is the point of being into cars if you don't have lots of money? It seems like a monied hobby like golf or boating.

Other urls found in this thread:

250superkarts.com/SchmittCobaltForSale.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because I like hacking at old muscle that barely makes it out of my driveway

fuck off, youre still shitposting you fucking faggot.

go back to posting on your car spotting instagram u nigger cunt

you can still do 90+% of what the pros do if you have decent skill and a 20 year old set of clubs
the last 10% is where all the money and time is spent

this

except good luck matching a 918 with 50k in cash

You can beat it with 100k.

A $6k super cart is faster on any track than a 918

what happens if there is a corner?

that's what the snek's steering wheel is for

>no driver

is the steering wheel also sentient and capable of using the shifter/pedals?

>Good luck outrunning Usain Bolt - why run at all?
>Good luck outplaying Eric Clapton - why even learn guitar?
>Good luck outcooking Wolfgang Puck - why even eat?

It sticks to the road thanks to its massive tires and insane aero. The only place the 918 has the advantage is off the line.

Then as the fastest production car around Willow Springs, it handles it with ease?

yes

fugggggggg

>It seems like a monied hobby like golf or boating
there are tons of cheap public golf courses. they may not be as nice as the exclusive private ones, but they're still there and tons of people play them. same with boating, the activity isn't limited to people doing overnight party cruises on their 100 foot yachts. there's a wide variety of boats to suit all sorts of activities and they come in a range of prices.

if i want to buy a $500 beater just to work on it for the fun of it how is it any less of a hobby?

fuck your thread

Jeremy, Richard and James agree that they have more fun with old terrible cars than new fast expensive ones.

There are plenty of ways to be into cars while also being a cheap bastard. Shitboxes are popular with this board for a reason.

The one cool hobby that's out of reach to most people is flying, because it is so goddamned expensive and complex. Even the simplest of planes can cost as much as a brand new luxury car does (not counting ultralights), and you have to learn a shitload of stuff to get pilot certification and keep your plane from crashing. Not to mention all the cool shit like plane racing isn't as easy to get into as car racing (which itself can be expensive, if you go through legal avenues), and most of us civilian plebs can't get hot rod supersonic jets or deck out planes with forward swept wings and neon lights, so flying remains a country club type hobby. For now.

This S13 Silvia is faster than a Porsche 918 and it does it without AWD or electric motors. It wouldn't surprise me if it cost a quarter million, though.

>he can't rebuild an engine for less than 100 shekels

What is not a money based hobby?

¿

>?????

I like spending money on my cars. My current car was bought for $350 as a clapped out shitbox with a blown engine, no fenders, and hardly any interior. Swapped tons of parts to the beater from another car I bought. Now that it's running and has an interior I'm dreaming a little bigger for next year. Might go to an event or two with it.

It's just what I like to do.

>what is the point of being into cars if you don't have lots of money? It seems like a monied hobby like golf or boating.

It is, because if you can't afford a new supercar or several you are considered a pleb who doesn't deserve to drive, and most carfags are elitist assholes. Since no serious quantity of people really race, you are your vehicle performance stats instead of what you do. The motorcycle community is much cooler, and if you can outhoon the shit out of competitors it doesn't matter what you ride.

Cars are about displaying wealth. Bikes are about displaying skill.

That's true. When you push your bike beyond its limits it doesn't cost you anything, it costs your next of kin.

>good luck matching a 918 with 50k in cash

But I do have money. For the others, they're the ones who drop 3k into an $800 Civic and think they're hot shit. Nobody likes those people.

bait thread, but you can't deny cars are one of the more expensive mainstream hobbies

Its fun and can be quite affordable depending on your taste. Cars are money hungry, but it shouldn't stop you from doing what you want to do

another thing though, the golf thing can be quite expensive but it depends how often you go, i spent every week at the golf course between july-sept. its expensive even at a place like top golf,its like 45$ an hour and thats not counting food at the club/sports bar... still though cars, golf, or boating are sometimes a rich mans sport but it is fun as fuck an can be done affordably. just gotta know your limits and passions ...

>that's not really the point though is it?

basically there are even car communites out there for the poor fags, sure some of us understand a rust bucket civic running a d based motor, non vtec is completely shit these days. but to that fucking guy who has one and upgrades it, he is happy, the mates are happy and there is obviously a community for shitty cars, but still its just a thing to do, hell i dont look down at anyone, including the rice clubs, but to each his own, with billions of people out there, someone will like something you just dont

You can be into cars without necessarily being into supercars.

You pay for golf by the hour? I thought you just had a membership and went whenever you wanted, or bought a day pass.

>lots of money

its by the hour at top golf, its fucking awesome btw, they have some legit places around here, the best one is in vegas though...

45 per hour per bay, and we usually get a lot of mates to go so we split it to like 30 per hour between all of us for 3-4 hours. not counting food, and other bills. also someties theres a long as waiting list, so fuck it and head to the bar.. i tell you golf is fun as fuck

that's not proper golf though

Shitbox folk rallying in the finnish woods while trinking peer is better than any "muh nurb supercar" bullshit.

>massive aero and huge sticky slick tires

Hmm I wonder how

>f1 car is faster than your dads miata
918 is usable and reliable road car.

Yeah this is why I don't think highly of the Mid Night Club. They thought of themselves as hardcore but in reality they're just rich dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into those cars.

For the same reason that you watch football but don't dress up in tights and run around gabbing assing other faggots at the 50 yard line: to distract yourself from the fact that one day you will die.

the fuck does that even mean? if that was supposed to be a troll it wasnt funny

youre by far the biggest retard tripfag in a long time

You do realize there are people who like cars that don't cost 7+ figures right? There's lots of cool classic/collector cars you can get for less than 10k and fix them up. Not everyone wants the fastest cars in the world, some just want something cool they can cruise the roads at night with

Damn you're a huge dipshit

You're a moron who doesn't know jack shit about going fast. Here's a superkart for 5k that will be faster than just about every single street car in existence. A lot of superkarts are faster than Daytonna Prototype race cars.
250superkarts.com/SchmittCobaltForSale.htm

>There's lots of cool classic/collector cars you can get for less than 10k and fix them up
You can get a goddamn Espirit for $17k

$4k more to upgrade the transmission, and youre one tune away from a 500hp supercar with SICK POP-UP HEADLIGHTS FOR 20 GRAND

C6 Z06
>$30k
700 HP H/C/I
>$10k
aero + weight reduction
>$5k
pay someone who doesn't just shitpost on Veeky Forums to drive it for you
>$5k