/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Comfy Edition

Previous Sortie:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mGFIIoBicZc
il2sturmovik.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

so did anyone ever make a version of sam simulator that isn't locked to specific screen resolutions

I wanna try playing it but my resolution isn't one of the halal ones.

>tumblr

First for X-Wing vs Tie Fighter ops

>btfo'd by the F-16
>navy felt sorry for it so they picked it up
>gets btfo'd on its first combat sortie by a 1970's MiG-25 piloted by a sand nigger

Sad!

IL-2 BOS or DCS P-51 HELP?

So that english abris thing fails integrity check.

No fucking clue why but it does.

BoS nigga, I mean.

If I buy BoS can I play the BoM map?

In multiplayer, yes.

how is flying in a rustbucket like that comfy?

thanks my nigger

reminder that anime has been defeated

CA is 40% off on steam, is it worth it?

we did it

Grab it only if its 10$ or bellow.

I have never played sim games before, are there any realistic sims for air traffic control?

No more anime!

>tfw anime is finally gone from /simg/
we did it lads

So in Cliffs of Dover there was these keybinds for basically set FOV's. One zoomed you in, other zoomed you out, and the third was in the middle.

Is there anyway to set something like this up in DCS?

Like if I pressed one button I'd snap to a zoomed in view, and if I pressed another I'd snap to zoomed out, and one for the middle.

leave f-15s to me

youtu.be/mGFIIoBicZc

yeaa cuz tell em wats up

BMP ops when?

yeah I don't fucking understand DCS. I fucking hate this game.

One of my keybinds is red now and It will not fucking work no matter what I do. Its not being used anywhere, I've tried changing it to the default, everything.

It just doesn't fucking work. DCS doesn't fucking work and I'm mad.

Will il2 1946 poster tell me how to take screenshots

pacific theater when??

do not be upset, babbypilot. post screenshots and maybe we can help. keyfiles get fucked up pretty often anyway 2bh, I can't map shit for the mirage without being in game without causing the game to blackscreen lmao

I don't understand. Neither of these keys are used anywhere else. It just suddenly happened.

The only plane where its not fucked is the Su-27, every other plane it just WILL NOT work no matter what. I can change them to what ever I want, the keybind simply does not work.

I've never seen anything like this.

Im gonna try to repair DCS or soemthing

repair worked))

BoK when?

Why do we shit on this game again?

because graphics =/= good game

Also CLOD is better

Too bad

To me its pretty good. Aside from the damage models and the flight models, for a 15-20 man team its a good gane

Its dead(((

>bad damage models
>bad flight models
>good wwII sim

????

>IL-2
>Bad damage models

wait what I fucking love IL-2's DMs

Warthunders damage model compared to 1946 or cod is bad

ded

we'll merge with /wtg/ on the next remake

post ancient shit

/sqg/ Squad General when

I just use steam.

these are all ancient as fuck tho

Still got my CFS2 manuals

Anyone actaully excited for it? seems to similar to the gazelle for anyone to care

French shit is fucking disgusting, besides this one has a much higher variety in weapons and capabilities.

>sensor ball between the rotors and pit
>not on top of the rotors, in the nose or bellow the pit
There was no way they could have fucked it up, but they did.

I kinda want to get BoM but on the other hand the only interesting planes are the Folgore and P40.

Also ROF Ops when?

Get the P-40 and be slower than a fucking He111

Is it that bad?

Its got the best firepower with the 50s but due to the sub 100 oct fuel its very weak vs german aircraft.

What about the Folgore?

Plays like a Lagg3 but you need those 7.7mms to back up the two 50s or your out of luck

d-do space sims fit here

space combat flight sims with individual-piloted ships, i mean?

(tachyon the fringe, freelancer, etc)

I think there's space sim generals senpai.

This thread is for REAL sims

I dunno, the spirit of /simg/ is more about simulations of actual things so that you can really let the autism flow. Space games don't really fit in, even the ones like Artemis. Evochron straddles the line, but it along with Freelancer & Freespace would probably merge better with the Elite/StarCitzen thread to make it Space Fighters General.

>I dunno, the spirit of /simg/ is more about simulations of actual things
>everyone on /dumbg/ flies FC3
>simulations
???

Anime yes?

>simg plays DCS

Lol nigga u dumb

>Be on german airfield
>Get ready to take off
>See russians charge onto runway
What do ?

crash your plane into the nearest bread factory.

it's time to leave anime faggots
fuck off

somebody is butthurt

But Veeky Forums is an imageboard for the discussion of anime. it is part of the culture.

shhh no tears only dreams now

and i dream of the good old days

i finally found my megaload of old ass il-2 ops

Wouldn't it be neat to have an IL2 lile sim but set in the Crimson Skies universe?

Did anyone ever make a campaign like that for IL2? I imagine with the FMB and carrier ops that should be doable to some extent.

Il-2 Sale on lads

>As the weather gets colder, Sturmovik is heating up! We head into yet another Holiday season together flying wingtip to wingtip. The game has been updated to version 2.005 last week, the list of changes and additions is available here. Development of our Battle of Kuban project is in full swing and new features for BoS and BoM are also coming soon like DirectX 11 along with other improvements. We’ll also be releasing our first Early-Access airplane for Kuban in December - the Bf-109 G-4. We also just released the Yak-1b and the Ju-52 is also coming in December. The Sturmovik Team never
stops working to make our products great for you!

>To celebrate the beginning to the Holiday Season we have launched our traditional Black Friday sale on our website and on Steam. Battle of Stalingrad, La-5 and Fw-190 Collector Planes are 50% Off. And for the very first time Battle of Moscow is on sale at 33% Off! The P-40 and Mc.202 are also on sale
with 15% off.

Placing anything above the terrain in il-2 wasnt possible it seemed like

so floating stuff didnt work

We don't, do we?

Looks like Butcher Bird A5 will be next BoK aircraft after the 109-G4.

>space sim
I'd like to take the opportunity to interject for a moment and express my slight triggering. I absolutely agree that ED and SC don't belong here. That out of the way, suggest people quit calling those space games space sims. That's like calling Ace Combat a flight sim. WW2 planes in space is bullshit, not simulation.
>Space games
Elite Visionous, Scam Citizen
>Space Simulators
Orbiter, Rogue System (basically DCS in space), hell even KSP with RSS and some other mods qualifies better thanks to at very least having orbital mechanics.

Since they're extremely niche, proper space sims used to live under KSP general, but since that general died, /simg/ is the next logical place to have them.

Orbiter and Rogue System qualify as proper autism approved vehicle simulators. Addition to OP as welcome games when?

Wouldn't need to be floating. I meant to just replace the Zeppelins with Carriers and do some piracy missions that way.

Really considering BoM now. But the performance and plane selection is still a huge turn off.

With DX11 dropping on Xmas that will fix the performance problems most people are having but the planes i believe are fine other than the Pe-2 and the Il-2 as i already own the BOS vers of them.

I'd say the autistic space sims are okay. Not ksp though, don't need any of that shitty board here.Go ahead and post user.

>performance will be fixed
>will
>be
>fixed
>WILL
Hope is the last thing to die am i right?

Fell for the Il-2 BoS meme. On a first impression, planes are... a bit wobbly? It's hard to aim. Maybe I merely got spoiled by all those modern jets in DCS.

Fights get shaky when around 200 KPH

Works on my rig :^)

Welcome to die, go to il2sturmovik.com/ and there's a button to """unlock""" all the field mods when you log-in.

They are a bit wobbly at low speeds but I suspect that is kinda real.

I really hope it will. But that's hope so I'm hesitant to get it until BoK releases with the features they want to add.

DX11 sometime in December, VR support in Jan/Feb. I've no reason to doubt them as of yet.

>and there's a button to """unlock""" all the field mods when you log-in.
w-where?

It will be in your profile page on the Il-2 Store.

I don't, but I also don't know if it'll fix the performance so it does constant 60 on my 970.

>STORE: BATTLE OF STALINGRAD
>All Planes come with all their modifications and skins already unlocked.
I guess it's already unlocked. Was it without any modifications before you unlocked? Mine already has bombs, gun pods, canopy mods etc.

If you had it before they made it able to unlock it from the store then you would use it. But it seems that you are good if you buy it after that.

It's pretty consistently baffling to think about the sheer volume of men and materiel that was mindlessly thrown into the maelstrom on the Eastern Front

Fucking jewbagels and there DLC policies, they should have released all of this at once for us.

Welcome to high performance planes built before there was a detailed understanding of aircraft stability and before control augmentation systems were invented.

Fair enough then, they must have them all unlocked for new purchases.